cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
joyner wrote:Beach was wonderful. It was 70*. Had a heavy frost this morning on car windows. Had to scrape. The contrast is too much!

hmmm....and now I know why I stay in the warmth.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
cruzer wrote:hmmm....and now I know why I stay in the warmth.

It has finally warmed up to 30. Texas sounds good right now!

cruzer

joyner wrote:It has finally warmed up to 30. Texas sounds good right now!

brrrr

I suppose it isn't that much warmer here, but it will be later today.

terrimeyers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers

Pretty Nice here. A little chilly yet, but at least the sun is out.
Goog morning all you post whores! Have I missed anything good lately? Kenney being a good boy now?

Thanks SS for my new togs!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
terrimeyers wrote:Pretty Nice here. A little chilly yet, but at least the sun is out.
Goog morning all you post whores! Have I missed anything good lately? Kenney being a good boy now?

Good morning! New puppies born yet? Off the top of my head: Poof is sick, read back if you want the details - possible TMI situation there. Kenney has been prob' free for a week or so and has claimed to be a reformed man. Biggest thing I can think of is that AZGman is MIA without any explanation. Oh, and I'm in first place in the EBW basketball brackets.

cruzer

krapposelli wrote:Good morning! New puppies born yet? Off the top of my head: Poof is sick, read back if you want the details - possible TMI situation there. Kenney has been prob' free for a week or so and has claimed to be a reformed man. Biggest thing I can think of is that AZGman is MIA without any explanation. Oh, and I'm in first place in the EBW basketball brackets.

that about sums it up, unless you didn't know that I found a life...somewhat.

I'm trying to help others find theirs

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
cruzer wrote:that about sums it up, unless you didn't know that I found a life...somewhat.

I'm trying to help others find theirs

I forgot about that one. Did you ever end up cooking dinner? If so, what'd you make?

cruzer

krapposelli wrote:I forgot about that one. Did you ever end up cooking dinner? If so, what'd you make?

yeah, I got to cook the next night. I made teriyaki chicken, but the sauce wasn't good so it wasn't as good as usual. I was totally bummed.

She made dinner last night though. We had carne guisada.

tall4agirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tall4agirl
cruzer wrote:yeah, I got to cook the next night. I made teriyaki chicken, but the sauce wasn't good so it wasn't as good as usual. I was totally bummed.

She made dinner last night though. We had carne guisada.

What does that mean, in English? What's in it?

cruzer

tall4agirl wrote:What does that mean, in English? What's in it?

umm well...its beef with onions, tomatoes, peppers, garlic, and jalapeños (optional, I think, but recommended by me). I could be totally wrong with this, but I think it is traditionally served over Mexican rice with refried beans with tortillas.

We had brown rice and wheat tortillas. Good either way.

joyner

cruzer wrote:umm well...its beef with onions, tomatoes, and jalapeños (optional, I think, but recommended by me). I could be totally wrong with this, but I think it is traditionally served over Mexican rice with refried beans with tortillas.

Sounds great! I'm ready for lunch now!

tall4agirl

cruzer wrote:umm well...its beef with onions, tomatoes, peppers, garlic, and jalapeños (optional, I think, but recommended by me). I could be totally wrong with this, but I think it is traditionally served over Mexican rice with refried beans with tortillas.

Sounds yummy.

Joyner's right. Reading that makes me hungry!

cruzer

joyner wrote:Sounds great! I'm ready for lunch now!

it was pretty good. Worth another try or two. She went all fancy with her cooking, so I'm gonna have to break out the big guns next time. Can't have her out cooking me, that's just not right.

joyner

tall4agirl wrote:Sounds yummy.

Joyner's right. Reading that makes me hungry!

We're on the east coast lunch schedule!

joyner

cruzer wrote:it was pretty good. Worth another try or two. She went all fancy with her cooking, so I'm gonna have to break out the big guns next time. Can't have her out cooking me, that's just not right.

Big guns, does that mean creme brulee or something that you use a torch?

cruzer

joyner wrote:We're on the east coast lunch schedule!

If it makes you feel any better, I usually go eat at 11.

tall4agirl

joyner wrote:We're on the east coast lunch schedule!

Which seems appropriate since we're both in the eastern time zone.

I can't believe it's almost noon. I really am going to have to decide what to eat soon...

cruzer

joyner wrote:Big guns, does that mean creme brulee or something that you use a torch?

that's too far...I'm thinking something more along the lines of a grill and then some made from scratch chocolate chip cookies. Or some ice cream.

tall4agirl

cruzer wrote:If it makes you feel any better, I usually go eat at 11.

that's a very early lunch.

tall4agirl

ok. Time to go out for a bit. I'll see everyone later.

joyner

cruzer wrote:that's too far...I'm thinking something more along the lines of a grill and then some made from scratch chocolate chip cookies. Or some ice cream.

share your recipe for the cookies!

joyner

It is snowing, big flakes! Husband says it isn't snowing 15 miles away at our house.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hi, Bye, mom day moved this week.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
joyner wrote:Sounds great! I'm ready for lunch now!

Husband just made me some chicken noodle soup. *sigh*

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

cruzer

pooflady wrote:Husband just made me some chicken noodle soup. *sigh*

What's the sigh for, poof?

pooflady

cruzer wrote:What's the sigh for, poof?

Half a bowl of that was all I could manage. And I'd like a glass of milk, but really don't dare. Husband just went out to get some Gatorade. I was the sixth one in the family to get it and now the seventh one has started. Must be contagious as all get out.

cruzer

pooflady wrote:Half a bowl of that was all I could manage. And I'd like a glass of milk, but really don't dare. Husband just went out to get some Gatorade. I was the sixth one in the family to get it and now the seventh one has started. Must be contagious as all get out.

Wow, sounds awful!

I hope you get over it very soon poofy.

pooflady

cruzer wrote:Wow, sounds awful!

I hope you get over it very soon poofy.

Thanks, Cruzer. Me, too.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Husband just made me some chicken noodle soup. *sigh*

What a good husband!

Uggh, need to call HR and see how long I have insurance, I just made a doctor's appt, but the first I could was April 9. Not sure insurance would cover it anyway, but I think they will cover the prescription.

Anyone know a good resource for resume formats. I haven't built mine in a while and I am sure it could use a new look.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:What a good husband!

Uggh, need to call HR and see how long I have insurance, I just made a doctor's appt, but the first I could was April 9. Not sure insurance would cover it anyway, but I think they will cover the prescription.

Anyone know a good resource for resume formats. I haven't built mine in a while and I am sure it could use a new look.

Hi KtC. Word has some simple ones built in under New Documents. Main thing is to keep to a simple format becuse most places scan them into some kind of resume system now.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Thanks, Cruzer. Me, too.

Poor Poof.

//pats on back while wearing surgical mask and gloves

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista

daj59 wrote:Hi KtC. Word has some simple ones built in under New Documents. Main thing is to keep to a simple format becuse most places scan them into some kind of resume system now.

Good point, thanks

joyner

pooflady wrote:Half a bowl of that was all I could manage. And I'd like a glass of milk, but really don't dare. Husband just went out to get some Gatorade. I was the sixth one in the family to get it and now the seventh one has started. Must be contagious as all get out.

Did you get all the kids together Saturday for egg dying?

pooflady

joyner wrote:Did you get all the kids together Saturday for egg dying?

Yep. That's where I got it. Two had already had it. But one came down with it the next day. My son started today. He was at the Easter bash yesterday. I'm expecting the rest of the family to fall like ten pins.

pooflady

pooflady wrote:Yep. That's where I got it. Two had already had it. But one came down with it the next day. My son started today. He was at the Easter bash yesterday. I'm expecting the rest of the family to fall like ten pins.

The only one in son's family who hasn't had it is on her way to Alabama for spring break. I have my fingers crossed for her.

cruzer

so did everyone have a good easter (if you celebrate that sort of thing)?

joyner

pooflady wrote:Yep. That's where I got it. Two had already had it. But one came down with it the next day. My son started today. He was at the Easter bash yesterday. I'm expecting the rest of the family to fall like ten pins.

I've read that with some of those bugs that you are still contagious for 48 hours or so after your symptoms stop. I always thought if you eat a little, and hold it down over night, you could go back to school!
EDIT: Kid germs are awful for adults.

KtCallista

cruzer wrote:so did everyone have a good easter (if you celebrate that sort of thing)?

We did, now I am tired.

cruzer

KtCallista wrote:We did, now I am tired.

Good! I'm tired too!

cruzer

joyner wrote:I've read that with some of those bugs that you are still contagious for 48 hours or so after your symptoms stop. I always thought if you eat a little, and hold it down over night, you could go back to school!
EDIT: Kid germs are awful for adults.

So am I to assume that adult germs are good for kids?