pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
krapposelli wrote:Son and daughters t-ball / softball is starting this week. Why did I talk the daughter into playing again? For the next 10+ weeks I'm going to be running here, there and everywhere taking them to practice, games and her to dance class. Her first practice is tomorrow - husband is supposed to practice with her in the morning so she at least has some clue how to catch a ball. She's related to me, so I'm sure it's going to be a challenge for her. Although... she doesn't have the vision problems I did, so maybe she'll be able to do it. *fingers crossed*

You know you did it because you love her. Yeah, it's going to be a scramble, but she deserves the chance.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
pooflady wrote:You know you did it because you love her. Yeah, it's going to be a scramble, but she deserves the chance.

Yeah, I also knew she really wanted to but was scared to try. I loved playing sports growing up. I did ballet, tap and jazz (none of them well), played soccer (poorly), softball (again not a strength), bowling (ha! here I succeeded because I was 5+ years older than other kids in the league!), girl scouts and I'm sure more that I'm forgetting. Don't know how my parents carted me all those places. It'd be easier if husband wasn't working evenings, but we'll make it work. Fortunately, son is on same t-ball team as his cousin (who lives next door) so on the nights with conflicts, I can drop him off and they can bring him home for me.

pooflady

krapposelli wrote:Yeah, I also knew she really wanted to but was scared to try. I loved playing sports growing up. I did ballet, tap and jazz (none of them well), played soccer (poorly), softball (again not a strength), bowling (ha! here I succeeded because I was 5+ years older than other kids in the league!), girl scouts and I'm sure more that I'm forgetting. Don't know how my parents carted me all those places. It'd be easier if husband wasn't working evenings, but we'll make it work. Fortunately, son is on same t-ball team as his cousin (who lives next door) so on the nights with conflicts, I can drop him off and they can bring him home for me.

When I was growing up, there were no sports for girls until high school. But I had baton, tap, Girl Scouts and bowling. I probably enjoyed the bowling the most. Our bowling alley was on the second floor of a Western Auto store. Still had pin boys.

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:When I was growing up, there were no sports for girls until high school. But I had baton, tap, Girl Scouts and bowling. I probably enjoyed the bowling the most. Our bowling alley was on the second floor of a Western Auto store. Still had pin boys.

I'm going to try and fall asleep. Have a good evening and hope you feel even better tomorrow Poof. G'night all.

pooflady

krapposelli wrote:I'm going to try and fall asleep. Have a good evening and hope you feel even better tomorrow Poof. G'night all.

Night, selli.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Evening all. Glad you're on the mend Poof.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

daj59 wrote:Evening all. Glad you're on the mend Poof.

Thank you.

pooflady

Husband was going out for chicken tonight and, assuming he was going to a chicken place, I asked him to get me a grilled chicken sandwich. Nothing there that should mess up my gastrointestinal tract. Instead he goes to a grocery store for his chicken. Obviously, no grilled chicken sandwiches there. So he picks one up at Arby's. My bet is it was the first chicken sandwich ordered at Arby's this month. Just nasty.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Husband was going out for chicken tonight and, assuming he was going to a chicken place, I asked him to get me a grilled chicken sandwich. Nothing there that should mess up my gastrointestinal tract. Instead he goes to a grocery store for his chicken. Obviously, no grilled chicken sandwiches there. So he picks one up at Arby's. My bet is it was the first chicken sandwich ordered at Arby's this month. Just nasty.

ick

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Husband was going out for chicken tonight and, assuming he was going to a chicken place, I asked him to get me a grilled chicken sandwich. Nothing there that should mess up my gastrointestinal tract. Instead he goes to a grocery store for his chicken. Obviously, no grilled chicken sandwiches there. So he picks one up at Arby's. My bet is it was the first chicken sandwich ordered at Arby's this month. Just nasty.

Ewwwww. I sometimes get their chicken salad sandwich. It's pretty darn good...at least here it is.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:Ewwwww. I sometimes get their chicken salad sandwich. It's pretty darn good...at least here it is.

Hi daj!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

daj59 wrote:Ewwwww. I sometimes get their chicken salad sandwich. It's pretty darn good...at least here it is.

I'll swear it was gray.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I'll swear it was gray.

Yuck.

Pulled son's lunch bag out of his backpack this morning to put h the containers in the dishwasher. Keep in mind that he had the entire week off. Seems that he didn't eat much of his sandwich that last day. At least I'm pretty sure that was his sandwich. Such pretty colors!

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
daj59 wrote:Yuck.

Pulled son's lunch bag out of his backpack this morning to put h the containers in the dishwasher. Keep in mind that he had the entire week off. Seems that he didn't eat much of his sandwich that last day. At least I'm pretty sure that was his sandwich. Such pretty colors!

He doesn't have science fair coming up does he? He may have been growing his own penicillin!

Good evening all!

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
superspryte wrote://smack

It wasn't a smack back. ^_~

Nice! I got smacked by someone that I know almost nothing about!

Where's the bubba? I need info!

ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:He doesn't have science fair coming up does he? He may have been growing his own penicillin!

Good evening all!

It was well on its way to becoming a medical miracle.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:Nice! I got smacked by someone that I know almost nothing about!

And a MOD at that!

zea3

daj59 wrote:It was well on its way to becoming a medical miracle.

I've seen some things I swear could get up and walk on their own!

Hi Cruzer!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Still lurking!

Resume just about updated. Need to mess with online application. Hope I hear back from references soon, and answer the questionnaire for the job I am applying to.

Beware the V'owls screech!

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Still lurking!

Resume just about updated. Need to mess with online application. Hope I hear back from references soon, and answer the questionnaire for the job I am applying to.

KtCallista

daj59 wrote:It was well on its way to becoming a medical miracle.

I once left grapes in my backpack so long they turned to raisins. I couldn't eat grapes or raisins for a long time after that.

KtCallista

daj59 wrote:

thanks

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:I once left grapes in my backpack so long they turned to raisins. I couldn't eat grapes or raisins for a long time after that.

Uh, yummy?

There have been many times that I have thrown a dish away rather than try to clean it out.

zea3

daj59 wrote:Uh, yummy?

There have been many times that I have thrown a dish away rather than try to clean it out.

Sometimes that's for the best. You do not wish to disturb the remains and awaken the curse!

ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:Sometimes that's for the best. You do not wish to disturb the remains and awaken the curse!

Good Point! Plus, you can just never look at that dish the same way again.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:Nice! I got smacked by someone that I know almost nothing about!

Sorry, I felt inspired.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady

daj59 wrote:

Night, Daj.
(Is that a large tear or a misplaced nose?)

KtCallista

daj59 wrote:

goodnight daj!

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

cruzer

superspryte wrote:Sorry, I felt inspired.

well, you're not the first...or the last...that is going to smack me, or call me a twit...or something like that.

goodnight all!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Someone got two bravewomen shirts from the pre launch of shirt, in a box of misprints.
He had no clue who or what it was.
//sigh

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Someone got two bravewomen shirts from the pre launch of shirt, in a box of misprints.
He had no clue who or what it was.
//sigh

Well not all the shirt people know the rest of the site.

Goodnight everyone who went to bed.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

good morning all!

krapposelli

kenney9226 wrote:good morning all!

Good morning kneny. Good morning everyone. Still can't get used to no morning salutation from Gman. Where the heck is he???!!!???

cruzer

good morning K!
good morning K!

Good morning lurkers!

openspace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages openspace

good morning from this lurker who responds when greeted!

cruzer

openspace wrote:good morning from this lurker who responds when greeted!

morning os! always nice to 'talk' to a lurker. How are you this morning?

krapposelli

openspace wrote:good morning from this lurker who responds when greeted!

Good morning OS. We'd greet you more if you lurked less. I too am a former lurker - come on out and play.

cruzer

krapposelli wrote:Good morning OS. We'd greet you more if you lurked less. I too am a former lurker - come on out and play.

Silly lurkers...we don't bite...often...