cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
dontwantaname wrote:Great!
Are the rehab people pleased?

I hope so! I am!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
cruzer wrote:*******************************************************************************************

I'm sorry!!! I totally forgot to post this yesterday!

My dad took his first steps (by himself) yesterday!!!!

********************************************************************************************

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
cruzer wrote:*******************************************************************************************

********************************************************************************************

That's terrific!!!

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
pooflady wrote:Survey:

Who here wears a watch?
I haven't in years.

from time to time... my batteries died in both and i went a while before I replaced them, so I got out of the habit

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

woohoo!

Skye — 1997-2007

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

Who here wears a watch?
I haven't in years.

I just stopped recently. Can't say I'm sold on the concept because my cell phone isn't always convenient to get to (i.e. on the bottom of the purse).

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

Who here wears a watch?
I haven't in years.

I read an article that those 30 and under don't tend to wear watches because they have grown up being able to see the time in the bottom right corner og their computer monitors, as well as seeing the clock on their cell phones, which pretty much covers most places they'll be where the need to tell time is necessary.

Truly, watchmakers are experiencing a downturn in business due to the next generation not buying watches, so companies like SWATCH are trying to market watches as jewelry/bracelets.

That being said, I'm an old fuddy duddy who feels absolutely naked without my watch. Luckily, I have the type of bod that can pull it off!

++ yay for the good news cruzer!! ++

krapposelli

Yeah for Cruzer-Dad!

krapposelli

Just got back from daughters first softball practice. Brrrrrrr!!!! Let's see, according to weather.com, it's currently 43 but "feels like" 36, winds SSE @ 14mph, gusts up to 21mph. I should be defrosted by tomorrow.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

Good evening folks!

Great news Cruzer! Is dad still in the rehab center?

I wear a watch, mainly because I have always worn something on my left arm since I was in intermediate school. I prefer a men's $7 Walmart special cause they are easier to read. However, I also use a watch in my work. You can't take someone's blood pressure by looking at the cell phone!

KtCallista

kenney9226 wrote:I read an article that those 30 and under don't tend to wear watches because they have grown up being able to see the time in the bottom right corner og their computer monitors, as well as seeing the clock on their cell phones, which pretty much covers most places they'll be where the need to tell time is necessary.

Truly, watchmakers are experiencing a downturn in business due to the next generation not buying watches, so companies like SWATCH are trying to market watches as jewelry/bracelets.

That being said, I'm an old fuddy duddy who feels absolutely naked without my watch. Luckily, I have the type of bod that can pull it off!

++ yay for the good news cruzer!! ++

I used to feel naked, I wore a watch from second grade into high school (lost a bunch of them too). I also wore them upside down, so the crystal was on the underside of my arm. One day I just stopped bothering (probably my senior year when I got into Trudyism) I've never really looked back. I few years ago (like probably 10) my mom bought me a watch that was a plastic beaner clip. I use that when backpacking/camping/working in the middle of nowhere, when I can find it.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:I few years ago (like probably 10) my mom bought me a watch that was a plastic beaner clip. I use that when backpacking/camping/working in the middle of nowhere, when I can find it.

Ms. KtC,

"The middle of nowhere" seems like the mostly likely place not to need a watch.

KtCallista

no1 wrote:Ms. KtC,

"The middle of nowhere" seems like the mostly likely place not to need a watch.

not when you are working there. Gotta know when it is break time, go back to camp time, etc. Or if you are timing something.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:not when you are working there. Gotta know when it is break time, go back to camp time, etc. Or if you are timing something.

Ms. KtC,

Tired? Break time.
Hungry? Break time/go back to camp time.
Dark? Go back to camp time.
Timing:
short: use pulse
long: #songs played on MP3 player.

KtCallista

no1 wrote:Ms. KtC,

Tired? Break time.
Hungry? Break time/go back to camp time.
Dark? Go back to camp time.
Timing:
short: use pulse
long: #songs played on MP3 player.

I didn't have an mp3 player then.

USFS was more formal than that (not much mind you). The other, well lets just say if I was left to my own devices I would be waking up and heading to work as the rest of the crew was ready to come in for dinner. I also don't trust my pulse to be accurate enough for counting when at high altitudes or after a day of manual labor. Besides who wants burnt steaks?

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

This is just a drive by..Yeah Cruzer's Dad!!!! Time to nag daughter until she gets into the shower. See you guys tomorrow.

KtCallista

joyner wrote:This is just a drive by..Yeah Cruzer's Dad!!!! Time to nag daughter until she gets into the shower. See you guys tomorrow.

Nice to see you joyner, have fun nagging daughter.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

KtC, check email/PM.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

Who here wears a watch?
I haven't in years.

I did until a couple years ago when I started working at a desk. There's a clock on the computer and phone. I have a massive collection of fun watches too.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

WOOHOO!

KtCallista

daj59 wrote:KtC, check email/PM.

Thanks Daj! I am looking it over right now.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Just playing with something, ignore me

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Just playing with something, ignore me

Awwwww, cute little whiskered guys!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Awwwww.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

ahhh, so cute. I might have to show the girls before we get the oldest in bed (she didn't nap at preschool and completely melted down after she came in the door) she's having dinner with daddy early. I guess I should eat too.

KtCallista

I want to answer this question "Excellent skills in time and data organization/management." (yeah I know it doesn't look like a question, basically think 'Describe your' at the beginning)

With the answer, "Work at home Mom with two children", but I know that's not a professional answer.

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:I want to answer this question "Excellent skills in time and data organization/management." (yeah I know it doesn't look like a question, basically think 'Describe your' at the beginning)

With the answer, "Work at home Mom with two children", but I know that's not a professional answer.

so tweak it... it is a great example, just explain it in a more "professional" manner (though it's sad that that alone wouldn't be enough, and in some organizations may even be viewed as a negative)

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Daj, I'm checking it out and it looks right, but the picture won't go into the cheese mouse.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Daj, I'm checking it out and it looks right, but the picture won't go into the cheese mouse.

Has the sig had time to update. I noticed that it sometimes takes as long as 3-4 minutes for the sig to update.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:Has the sig had time to update. I noticed that it sometimes takes as long as 3-4 minutes for the sig to update.

Got it! I don't have a clue how you guys figure this stuff out. Put in a bracket, take out a braket....
Took a bunch of times even sort of knowing what I was suppose to copy.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Got it! I don't have a clue how you guys figure this stuff out. Put in a bracket, take out a braket....
Took a bunch of times even sort of knowing what I was suppose to copy.

My daughter says "How cute are them." She really liked them.

KtCallista

jqubed wrote:so tweak it... it is a great example, just explain it in a more "professional" manner (though it's sad that that alone wouldn't be enough, and in some organizations may even be viewed as a negative)

yeah I know. . . thanks I might actually do that, instead of just talking about the work aspect.

zea3

Good evening again!

jqubed

zea3 wrote:Good evening again!

hi zea!

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:ahhh, so cute. I might have to show the girls before we get the oldest in bed (she didn't nap at preschool and completely melted down after she came in the door) she's having dinner with daddy early. I guess I should eat too.

I watched my goddaughter a half day a week when she was young.
We were always on best behavior with each other.
If I couldn't get her to play "lets take a nap", when her mom would pick her up, she would have a meltdown as soon as mom came in the door.

The weird thing is, she remembers it as she spent a few days a week with me!
That never would have worked. We were both only the best aunt and the best niece for about 5 hours a week. Anything more would have been stretching it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

zea3

jqubed wrote:hi zea!

Hi J! Am I still stinking up the brackets? I haven't checked today.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:My daughter says "How cute are them." She really liked them.

The only problem with rats that I could see with little kids is the nails scratch. They don't bite and once they are use to you they are easy to handle. The scratches are ichy, like when you get scratched by a thorn bush. Goes away in a few hours, but the kid would have to be old enough to not care.
My 2nd grade niece held Splinter. She was fine with the scratches. But she has a cat, a dog and a horse.
Not here. Owning a horse here is just way too expensive...down south in LA.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:The only problem with rats that I could see with little kids is the nails scratch. They don't bite and once they are use to you they are easy to handle. The scratches are ichy, like when you get scratched by a thorn bush. Goes away in a few hours, but the kid would have to be old enough to not care.
My 2nd grade niece held Splinter. She was fine with the scratches. But she has a cat, a dog and a horse.
Not here. Owning a horse here is just way too expensive...down south in LA.

They have rats in her preschool class, and a guinea pig, and a bunny, and fish. She gets to go ride my cousin's pony (horse died last year) when the weather is nicer, yet we still don't have any pets.

jqubed

zea3 wrote:Hi J! Am I still stinking up the brackets? I haven't checked today.

they haven't changed since sunday night, and won't change again until thursday, so I guess!

Skye — 1997-2007

zea3

jqubed wrote:they haven't changed since sunday night, and won't change again until thursday, so I guess!

Whoo-hoo!

How's things at work?