JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
no1 wrote:1. How much poop do 50 people produce in a year?
2. How many people does it take to produce the tons of National Geographics sitting in people's basements?



I don't want to know this... L O L

banananosedstooge


quality posts: 0 Private Messages banananosedstooge
superspryte wrote:This makes me ill. And I think it's morally wrong. Thought I'd share.



ooo- here we go into the painful world of politics. If you think "egg addling" to prevent new geese from hatching is morally wrong, then you clearly must be anti-abortion, because that's what oiling the eggs really is-- baby goose abortion!

discuss as I await my turn in the probation line...

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Mike Myers is also Canadian.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
shan24 wrote:I think you should share your ideas with the rest of the class...heh



Uh, I think not... You already have a wildly successful shirt design

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
PemberDucky wrote:Love, love, love Newfies. Plan to own one someday, but it would be unfair in this climate.

Apparently Canadians like Coffee Crisp, and apparently said Crisp is tasty. I've never had it; it sounds like another chocolate bar to me. The only other thing I know about Canada is that it gave us Kids in the Hall.



And, apparently they like eating green onions with every evening meal. At least, that's what the canadians I knew did... ew.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Two Newfoundlanders

Bill and Tom are two Newfies working at the local sawmill. One day Bill slips and his arm gets caught and severed by the big bench saw. Tom quickly puts the limb in a plastic bag and rushes it and Bill to the local hospital.

Next day, Tom goes to the hospital and asks after Bill. The nurse says, 'Oh he's out in Rehab exercising'. Tom couldn't believe it, but here's Bill out the back exercising his now reattached arm. The very next day he's back at work in the saw mill.

Couple of days go by, and then Bill slips and severs his leg on another bloody big saw thing. So Tom puts the limb in a plastic bag and rushes it and Bill off to hospital.

Next day he calls in to see him and asks the nurse how he is.
The nurse replies, 'He's out in the Rehab again exercising. And sure enough, here's Bill out there doing some serious work on the treadmill. And Bill comes back to work.

But, as usual, within a couple of days he has another accident and severs his head. Wearily Tom puts the head in a plastic bag and transports it and Bill to hospital.

Next day he goes in and asks the nurse how Bill is. The nurse breaks down and cries and says, 'He's dead.'

Tom is shocked, but not surprised. 'I suppose the saw finally did him in.' 'No,' says the nurse, 'Some dopey bastard put his head in a plastic bag and he suffocated.'

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Jokey-joke.



The story is even funnier when I imagine them being portrayed as Terrance and Phillip from South Park (because they're Canadian, you know!).


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

openspace


quality posts: 0 Private Messages openspace

Martin Short is Canadian, I must say!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
openspace wrote:Martin Short is Canadian, I must say!



Actually, if you search for Canadian Entertainers on wikipedia, there are hundreds! Aboot to thousands...

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

banananosedstooge wrote:ooo- here we go into the painful world of politics. If you think "egg addling" to prevent new geese from hatching is morally wrong, then you clearly must be anti-abortion, because that's what oiling the eggs really is-- baby goose abortion!

discuss as I await my turn in the probation line...


I think that oiling the eggs simply because you hate geese is wrong.

PS - And I dislike those geese more than most.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
SkekTek wrote:Actually, if you search for Canadian Entertainers on wikipedia, there are hundreds! Aboot to thousands...



Oh noes. We're going to get an entry that's just a boot with the caption "A-boot"

nardobolo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nardobolo
PemberDucky wrote:Apparently Canadians like Coffee Crisp, and apparently said Crisp is tasty. I've never had it; it sounds like another chocolate bar to me. The only other thing I know about Canada is that it gave us Kids in the Hall.



Coffee Crisps are Amazing! Chocolate covered wafer style candy bar, with coffee flavoured (Canadian spelling, of course) wafers. And since their policies on food quality are much more strict than the US's, the chocolate is amazing... I have luckily found a few places in Seattle that sell them... Mmmm
*Running off to the store*

Schrobblehead


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
PemberDucky wrote:The story is even funnier when I imagine them being portrayed as Terrance and Phillip from South Park (because they're Canadian, you know!).



I didn't see Terrance and Phillips, but the top half of their heads were disconnected and they had wee beady eyes.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Schrobblehead wrote:I didn't see Terrance and Phillips, but the top half of their heads were disconnected and they had wee beady eyes.





...kinda like Weebl and Bob.




SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Seriously though... here's my rough draft of idea 2. Idea 1 is still too rough to share.



I still need to fix and add depth to the ribbons, and maybe add stuff to the top left panel. Any suggestions?

Off to bed, I'll read them in the morning.

Schrobblehead


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
SkekTek wrote:Seriously though... here's my rough draft of idea 2. Idea 1 is still too rough to share.



I still need to fix and add depth to the ribbons, and maybe add stuff to the top left panel. Any suggestions?

Off to bed, I'll read them in the morning.



It looks too official

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

AttilaTheMom


quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, i totally shoudl be packing, but am I? No. I'm ripping music for my new mp3 player and posting like the good little post whore I am. Clothes? Who needs clothes? I'll just toss some clean underwear, 2 pr of jeans and my zillion woot shirts in a bag. Good to go!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Schrobblehead wrote:It looks too official



Really? Thought that would actually be a good thing. Maybe I need to make it sillier?

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
AttilaTheMom wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, i totally shoudl be packing, but am I? No. I'm ripping music for my new mp3 player and posting like the good little post whore I am. Clothes? Who needs clothes? I'll just toss some clean underwear, 2 pr of jeans and my zillion woot shirts in a bag. Good to go!



Watcha ripping? (hee hee... delaying the packing...

Schrobblehead


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
SkekTek wrote:Really? Thought that would actually be a good thing. Maybe I need to make it sillier?



no, my joke wasn't silly enough to be understood as a joke.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Schrobblehead wrote:no, my joke wasn't silly enough to be understood as a joke.



Some things I thought about after making it...

a) should have the mounties hug each other...
b) need to have some teeth on the ground next to the hockey puck.
c) perhaps break the stick too
d) near the snowflakes, a thermostat below zero.

I wasn't sure about the color of the shirt to put this on, but I was thinking to place it kinda large in the upper right corner.

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
SkekTek wrote:Some things I thought about after making it...

a) should have the mounties hug each other...
b) need to have some teeth on the ground next to the hockey puck.
c) perhaps break the stick too
d) near the snowflakes, a thermostat below zero.

I wasn't sure about the color of the shirt to put this on, but I was thinking to place it kinda large in the upper right corner.



a) mounties hugging = fun
b/c) I'd steer away from the gore of it
d) thermostat would be a nice addition

but finally... why is there a bar of soap next to that beer mug?

Schrobblehead


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
Gumiho wrote:a) mounties hugging = fun
b/c) I'd steer away from the gore of it
d) thermostat would be a nice addition

but finally... why is there a bar of soap next to that beer mug?



He said it was rough... otherwise I would have asked why the mounties were wearing fencing masks.

I have a feeling my entries are going to suck this week. I had to work until 8:00pm, and my ideas weren't all that great to start with. It turns out that Canadians know some good stuff about Canada, but its all stuff Americans don't know! No-one is going to get my stuff.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:

...kinda like Weebl and Bob.


*remembers the hentai one*

That's my fave, hee.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Firebert


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Firebert

A 'takeoff' to the Great White North?

yuck yuck

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley



Any ideas for alternate wording?


Check out my blog:Here!

TAYLORT5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

bed time


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

HAPPY PI DAY!!!!!!!!!!! 3.14159265

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
derekfilley wrote:

Any ideas for alternate wording?



Rorschach test: What do YOU see?

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Will probably be posted late today unless I manage to get to a puter around opening. First aid training all day. See y'all tonight. Be good.

Beaver Mountie


Based on a toy I got from a Girl Scout trip to Dorchester, Canada.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

comments? think it needs text?

tentative title: Wild Canada.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Josephus wrote:comments? think it needs text?

tentative title: Wild Canada.



Joe, it looks a bit too much like acid rain.

I was thinking about northern lights too (one of my favorite things about living this far north) but ever since the one version that was entered a few weeks back, I can't think of any other way to effectively get across the northern lights without 1, stealing his idea, or 2, just cop out and do a gradient.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
JadenKale wrote:Joe, it looks a bit too much like acid rain.

I was thinking about northern lights too (one of my favorite things about living this far north) but ever since the one version that was entered a few weeks back, I can't think of any other way to effectively get across the northern lights without 1, stealing his idea, or 2, just cop out and do a gradient.

what did he do? -not to steal his idea, but rather to NOT steal his idea.

Iambusyeating


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

This is the best I could come up with. My sister will hopefully be uploading it at 1 as I will be road tripping. See everyone on Monday.


JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Josephus wrote:what did he do? -not to steal his idea, but rather to NOT steal his idea.



sorry... I had to find it. It was in the winter derby: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=7749

the concept was awesome. It would have been far better if there was no one there, or if the character was in a similar feel.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
JadenKale wrote:sorry... I had to find it. It was in the winter derby: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=7749

the concept was awesome. It would have been far better if there was no one there, or if the character was in a similar feel.



I see! I wouldn't have done it this way, but I remember it now, and remember thinking that it actually worked.

I redid mine, but Imageshack isn't cooperating. Thanks, Jaden, I feel better about the way I did it now, its nice to know I'm not using someone else's previously posted idea.

Here it is now:

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

yeah that's alot better Joe. I like that. Now you can see the tree outline behind him. That's a much better application

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
superspryte wrote:Beaver Mountie


I don't suppose a post about mounting beavers is probatable....?

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
no1 wrote:I don't suppose a post about mounting beavers is probatable....?



ROFLMAO.... Well if there's a moose behind the beaver, I think we'll have an issue.... other than that, I don't see why we're going to have problems. I almost reworked my quitting beaver to work for the theme, but she told me in live chat that she was doing the little beaver guy and I backed off entirely.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

JadenKale wrote:ROFLMAO.... Well if there's a moose behind the beaver, I think we'll have an issue.... other than that, I don't see why we're going to have problems. I almost reworked my quitting beaver to work for the theme, but she told me in live chat that she was doing the little beaver guy and I backed off entirely.



I'm sure there's room for more than one beaver in this derby.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.