Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Josephus wrote:I quit submitting print files months ago- if I look like I might be close in votes, then I send them a print file via e-mail.

Hey , that's a great idea. Maybe everyone does that already. I'm a little slow sometimes.
-Andy

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Andy47240 wrote:Hey , that's a great idea. Maybe everyone does that already. I'm a little slow sometimes.
-Andy

Wasn't the print file I was having problems with, it was the 240 and 600 pixel jpegs. But I'm more inclined to hold back my print files since I know that slight tweakage is allowed... (IE- if I realize that something isn't perfect but undetectable in the 600px).

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
superspryte wrote:PS - I'm moving to Japan. ^_~

*raspberries*

Sure.. Rub it in :P

Patchitect

Andy47240 wrote:Hey , that's a great idea. Maybe everyone does that already. I'm a little slow sometimes.
-Andy

I usually sub the print file since i have it handy.. mostly because i'm unlikely to care enough to go in and tweak anything.. i'm just that lazy

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Anyone else having problems with submitting designs on the derby website? I'm trying to enter my comps, and the site won't take them. I've been submitting designs for over 30 derbies, and now it's not taking the comps. Any ideas?

EDIT: It took GIF, It took PNG. Both looked like junk. But the JPG reads fine on the web. So I left the lousy PNG version up since I can't do anything else...

Red = artifacted. That's just how it is.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Patchitect wrote:Sure.. Rub it in :P

That was the point. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Andy47240 wrote:Anytime I have problems submitting it is always that my .pdf file is too big. Not sure what you submit as your printable file, but that may be it.
-Andy

my PDF tonight was 10.4MB and it wouldn't go through. I had to run to my Gmail account because my hotmail said it won't send anything larger than 10MB. DAMN you .4MB!!! L O L

JadenKale

SkekTek wrote:Wasn't the print file I was having problems with, it was the 240 and 600 pixel jpegs. But I'm more inclined to hold back my print files since I know that slight tweakage is allowed... (IE- if I realize that something isn't perfect but undetectable in the 600px).

I think that's where some of us differ. I always send in my files. I don't want to take any chances. Like the week I won, I was so busy with stuff, and getting ready to go on a trip the following weekend, I didn't want to forget, so as soon as I could when I got home, I mailed that puppy in. Only twice now have I had to send my piece in separate from the comp and detail.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

It's the ultimate food, and a parody of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon! Please vote for Six Degrees of Canadian Bacon! Thanks.

p.s. 600x600 resolution this time (L O L)

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:I think that's where some of us differ. I always send in my files. I don't want to take any chances. Like the week I won, I was so busy with stuff, and getting ready to go on a trip the following weekend, I didn't want to forget, so as soon as I could when I got home, I mailed that puppy in. Only twice now have I had to send my piece in separate from the comp and detail.

I stopped making the files if it wasn't already separated into layers. I have yet to figure out how to work with layers in Illustrator (because it's not the same as Photoshop) although I do understand how the layers work (manipulating them gives me issues sometimes).

SkekTek

Ya GOTTA vote for this! It's the first double entendre curling shirt EVER! Plus, you'd look cool in two years when the winter olympics are held in Vancouver, CANADA!!!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

I have hats helplessly hovering, heavily whoring for votes!

Schrobblehead

dekonstruct wrote:I have hats helplessly hovering, heavily whoring for votes!

You are apparently alliterate.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SkekTek

Silly question to those of you still reading this... should I have submitted just the curler? IE- is the text turning people off? Or is it curling in general?

Patchitect

SkekTek wrote:Silly question to those of you still reading this... should I have submitted just the curler? IE- is the text turning people off? Or is it curling in general?

Im not sure the text really works... I had one of those tees once,, a fishing fly with the text," whip me strip my tie me fly me".. that one worked.. this ones a bit of a stretch IMO.. How about slide me, dust me, hit my spot.

Patchitect

JadenKale wrote:my PDF tonight was 10.4MB and it wouldn't go through. I had to run to my Gmail account because my hotmail said it won't send anything larger than 10MB. DAMN you .4MB!!! L O L

How do you folks get such Huge files? at my WORST raster file size, i only had maybe 12 MB in a PSD file.. and those zip nicely.. my vector files are rarely over.. maybe 4-5 meg..

Ya'll need to practice safe design...

JadenKale

Patchitect wrote:How do you folks get such Huge files? at my WORST raster file size, i only had maybe 12 MB in a PSD file.. and those zip nicely.. my vector files are rarely over.. maybe 4-5 meg..

Ya'll need to practice safe design...

Well that's the max I've ever had, I believe, minus the one time I forgot to remove my scanned artwork from the piece and it was 35MB :shocked:

I don't have that problem now that I check for that. The totem pole was such an exact measurement thing, I didn't bother scanning it. I just used the sketch as a guide while I worked on it. I'm really happy it came out so well.

and I practice safe design... I wear a glove and everything L O L

SkekTek

Patchitect wrote:Im not sure the text really works... I had one of those tees once,, a fishing fly with the text," whip me strip my tie me fly me".. that one worked.. this ones a bit of a stretch IMO.. How about slide me, dust me, hit my spot.

Hmm... that'd be another way to go. I think it's a little better... The problem is that it's been submitted and dissed, so people would probably be equally turned off by a resub. Pity, since it was a good idea at least.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:Hmm... that'd be another way to go. I think it's a little better... The problem is that it's been submitted and dissed, so people would probably be equally turned off by a resub. Pity, since it was a good idea at least.

It's funny, though, how a slight change can make a huge difference in a shirt's response by the voters. I made this bear, yesterday, and entered it. It got 13 votes. I removed it, decided to resubmit it a little smaller- someone had said it was too big on the shirt. On a whim, I decided to put a sushi chef's sash on the bear's head, and called it 'sashimi bear'. So far tonight it has 35 votes.

SkekTek

Do people like this better? Got a comment that there were too many maple leaves as well

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

I supose to be in bed now , rats now I don't think I'll get dune wit my sugar easter display. Might have to work tuesday . where are you underdog?

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

HA HA!!

hi folksies!!

Schrobblehead

kenney9226 wrote:*giggles*!!

hi folksies!!

welcome back. I think the pub went out of business or something.

kenney9226

Schrobblehead wrote:welcome back. I think the pub went out of business or something.

well serve me up a double helping for a day or two so I can boost my post count!

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

Hi to everyone from korea! I am trying to wear a woot shirt everyday on my vacation. I don't think i have any pics of it but hammy totally kept me company on the trip. left cinci at 10:52 am friday, got into seoul 9:10 sat. both local times but geez that's a lot of flying. I hate flying. sunday we walked our feet off going to the royal palace, folk museum, and a historic folk village. I wore ghenghis khan for that.

Here is my lunch from sunday. It was very good, if unpronouncable.

and a random pic for spryte. I think it was you who mentioned this stuff. I thought it was pretty good.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Schrobblehead

AttilaTheMom wrote:...Here is my lunch from sunday. It was very good, if unpronouncable.

Korean food is sooo good. Have some bulgogi for me.

kenney9226 wrote:well serve me up a double helping for a day or two so I can boost my post count!

Apparently the pub is serving korean food and japanese soft drinks today. Kinda different. Double helping of Pocari Sweat?

kenney9226

Schrobblehead wrote:Apparently the pub is serving korean food and japanese soft drinks today. Kinda different. Double helping of Pocari Sweat?

My ion supply feels a bit low, I could use a good ion replenishment drink.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Schrobblehead wrote:Korea food is sooo good. Have some bulgogi for me.

We were taken out for bulgogi by the company we met with today. It was awesome. mmmmm.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Schrobblehead

AttilaTheMom wrote:We were taken out for bulgogi by the company we met with today. It was awesome. mmmmm.

Lucky you!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 40 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

kenney9226 wrote:My ion supply feels a bit low, I could use a good ion replenishment drink.

Maybe that's why my current energy drink isn't doing the trick.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:HA HA!!

hi folksies!!

Oh CRAP! He's back! Everyone hide!

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Oh CRAP! He's back! Everyone hide!

what's the over/under on my next probation time/duration?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 40 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

I have had too much of my aforementioned non-ionic energy drink, plus two cups of coffee. That proved to be too much acidity and I consequently made vomit in the bathroom.

At least I'm not sleepy anymore.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

AttilaTheMom wrote:Hi to everyone from korea! I am trying to wear a woot shirt everyday on my vacation. I don't think i have any pics of it but hammy totally kept me company on the trip. left cinci at 10:52 am friday, got into seoul 9:10 sat. both local times but geez that's a lot of flying. I hate flying. sunday we walked our feet off going to the royal palace, folk museum, and a historic folk village. I wore ghenghis khan for that.

and a random pic for spryte. I think it was you who mentioned this stuff. I thought it was pretty good.

Pocari Sweat rules. Wish they made it (with another name) here. Although now that I'm going to Japan I'll be able to drink to my heart's content. ^_^

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
superspryte wrote:Pocari Sweat rules. Wish they made it (with another name) here. Although now that I'm going to Japan I'll be able to drink to my heart's content. ^_^

Not that I've ever tasted either drink, but

Wikipedia wrote:The "Arctic Shatter" variety of Powerade-brand sports drink very closely resembles it, in both color and flavor.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:
Not that I've ever tasted either drink, but
Wikipedia wrote:The "Arctic Shatter" variety of Powerade-brand sports drink very closely resembles it, in both color and flavor.

I disagree although I do like white powerade.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
AttilaTheMom wrote:Hi to everyone from korea! I am trying to wear a woot shirt everyday on my vacation. I don't think i have any pics of it but hammy totally kept me company on the trip. left cinci at 10:52 am friday, got into seoul 9:10 sat. both local times but geez that's a lot of flying. I hate flying. sunday we walked our feet off going to the royal palace, folk museum, and a historic folk village. I wore ghenghis khan for that.

I think Korea would be a good place for me to loose weight.
-Andy

ttdesigns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ttdesigns
superspryte wrote:Pocari Sweat rules. Wish they made it (with another name) here. Although now that I'm going to Japan I'll be able to drink to my heart's content. ^_^

You could always just buy it on the internet

http://www.google.com/products?q=Pocari+Sweat&btnG=Search+Products&hl=en&show=dd

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo

That Dolsot Bimbimbap shillelagh is my fav korean dish along with all the side dish shillelagh.

And that shillelagh, Pocari is shillelagh. Disgusting shillelagh.

I would recommend some Calpico if you see some. Similar colored can. White/Blue.

Or Cucumber flavored sprite. Its shillelagh though. At least you can tell your US friends, I had some Sprite that was flavored like shillelagh Cucumber.

I really like Korean food, especially the hot stuff, cause its tastes great and its really good for digestion, has antioxidants, etc etc.

Im jealous.

shillelagh.

ttdesigns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ttdesigns
jimiyo wrote:That Dolsot Bimbimbap shillelagh is my fav korean dish along with all the side dish shillelagh.

And that shillelagh, Pocari is shillelagh. Disgusting shillelagh.

I would recommend some Calpico if you see some. Similar colored can. White/Blue.

Or Cucumber flavored sprite. Its shillelagh though. At least you can tell your US friends, I had some Sprite that was flavored like shillelagh Cucumber.

I really like Korean food, especially the hot stuff, cause its tastes great and its really good for digestion, has antioxidants, etc etc.

Im jealous.

shillelagh.

http://www.google.com/products?q=Calpico&btnG=Search+Products&hl=en&show=dd