snowman325i

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowman325i

Brother bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime
His sister had another, she paid it for a lime.
She put the lime in the coconut, and drank them both up
She put the lime in the coconut,
Called the doctor, woke him up, and said,
"Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take,
I say, Doctor, to relieve this belly ache?
I say, Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take,
I say, Doctor, to relieve this belly ache?"

"Now let me get this straight;
You put the lime in the coconut, you drank them both up
You put the lime in the coconut,
called your doctor, woke him up, and said,
'Doctor, ain't there nothing I can take,
I say, Doctor, to relieve this belly ache?'

You put the lime in the coconut, and drink them both down,
You put the lime in the cocount, you're such a silly woman!
Put the lime in the coconut, and drink them both together,
Put the lime in the coconut, and call me in the morning."

snowman325i

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowman325i

Coconut

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kermit sings (with slightly different words as performed by the Muppets):
(Audio File, 2.1 Mb)
Writer: Harry Nilsson
Publisher: EMI Blackwood Music
Recorded: June, 1971
Producer: Richard Perry
Brother bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime
His sister had another, she paid it for a lime.
She put the lime in the coconut,
Called the doctor, woke him up, and said,
"Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take,
I say, Doctor, to relieve this belly ache?"

"Now let me get this straight;
You put the lime in the coconut,
called your doctor, woke him up, and said,
'Doctor, ain't there nothing I can take,
I say, Doctor, to relieve this belly ache?'

You put the lime in the coconut, and drink them both down,
You put the lime in the cocount, you're such a silly woman!
Put the lime in the coconut, and drink them both together,
Put the lime in the coconut, and call me in the morning."

Contact NIEHS (NIH, DHHS)
Children's Privacy and Other Disclaimers
NIEHS Sing-Along Index
NIEHS Kids Page Main Index

Links Disclaimer and Caution
When you encounter this image or the words "Non-NIEHS Link", it means that by following that link you will be leaving the NIEHS website. NIEHS is NOT responsible for non-NIEHS websites. Sites maintained by outside organizations may be changed without notice to NIEHS. Therefore, unless the link is to another U.S. government sponsored webpage, endorsement by NIEHS is not implied, and NIEHS does not guarantee their continuing safe content or privacy policies. So please ask your parent or guardian before continuing to any non-NIEHS website, and especially before providing any information via the internet or by e-mail. When last reviewed, the websites linked from the NIEHS Kids' Pages seemed suitable for you to visit, but that may have changed; if you have any difficulties or concerns with any linked materials, please let us know.

NIEHS Kids' Pages are supported by the NIEHS Office of Communications and Public Liaison,
PO Box 12233, NH-10, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709. Telephone: (919) 541-3345.
This page was last modified and reviewed for accessibility by the NIEHS Office of Management on 01/22/2008 14:22:29.
Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS).
Office of Inspector General, DHHS

herschelaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages herschelaz

was kinda hoping for a pina colada shirt. oh well.
goodnight

jeezpf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeezpf
snowman325i wrote:I can see where you are coming from, but this shirt also looks good against a dark background as well. Enjoy it or don't! that wuz teh funneh...

Ohh I agree it looks good on this background too! But I thought it popped more on the lighter one. On this one the lime still pops but the coconut is a little bit more downplayed, whereas on the bright blue I felt both the lime and the coconut really popped. I still like it though... or else I wouldn't have bought it!

In general a great, simple, clever shirt no matter what color it is on!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
herschelaz wrote:was kinda hoping for a pina colada shirt. oh well.
goodnight

This gonna be as close as you can get. I don't think there was any reference to a pina colada for anyone's design... But it seems we're getting dreadfully close to selling out here. Grats on less than 2 hr sell out Zeusandhera!

angelofchaos99

quality posts: 3 Private Messages angelofchaos99

1:15 AM and already we have bounceage...

Oh well, can't resist. In for one.

llonvent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llonvent

Absolutely adore the song. It's cute.

Hate this shirt however. What in the world? What is it coming to? How did this take any talent to create? I'm absolutely baffled by this. If anyone were to walk by me wearing this shirt, I'd roll my eyes. It conveys a message of "duhhhhhhhhhhhh".

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen

My first shirt.woot! There's been 2 or 3 I wanted but they sold out before I could get 'em.... I agree that a lighter background would have been nicer but I'm not complaining, the design is sweet! I can understand that some people don't like it that's what makes us all different (blah blah blah) but to bash the design for being too simple is just silly!

It worked for Andy Warhol...

zinger18

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zinger18
llonvent wrote:If anyone were to walk by me wearing this shirt, I'd roll my eyes.

Maybe you take yourself a little too seriously?

srdiamond

quality posts: 2 Private Messages srdiamond
josh3736 wrote:I don't get it?

Seriously... call me stupid, but I'm missing the joke.

http://www.lyricsdepot.com/harry-nilsson/coconut.html

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen
llonvent wrote:Absolutely adore the song. It's cute.

Hate this shirt however. What in the world? What is it coming to? How did this take any talent to create? I'm absolutely baffled by this. If anyone were to walk by me wearing this shirt, I'd roll my eyes. It conveys a message of "duhhhhhhhhhhhh".

"Most talented artist" does not necessarily equal "Best Design"

keep rollin' those eyes, sweetheart!

Caligumby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caligumby
jandt4ever07 wrote:This shirt is very cute but I was hoping for the shirt inspired by "the devil went down to Georgia"... Oh well, CONGRATS!

Sadly that shirt came in 4th. We won't be seeing it.

rivenoak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rivenoak

Damn you, woot! I had sworn off t-shirts years ago. Then I discovered you a few months ago...and my collection grows. As my bank account shrinks.

And now I'll have an ear-worm to sing me to sleep as well.

<sigh>

strikerliker

quality posts: 7 Private Messages strikerliker

My first woot shirt ever. I'm in for two (two different sizes)! I wasn't sure how they fit but I liked the design so much I wanted to make sure I could wear at least one of them! And this song is one of the greatest! I put the lime in the coconut ...and now I'm going to put myself into bed!

spidra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spidra

Damn it. Most of the shirts have bored me, but it figures on one of the nights I don't check right at midnight, it's a Nilsson shirt. Me Love Nilsson Long Time.

JadenKale

Caligumby wrote:Sadly that shirt came in 4th. We won't be seeing it.

you don't know that til the votes come in and they post all three shirts.

JadenKale

Ducoergosum wrote:ugh, I was just about to buy one too.....

you can come back after midnight tomorrow and buy it with this link http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=4962

slitch1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slitch1
JadenKale wrote:you can come back after midnight tomorrow and buy it with this link http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=4962

Really?? I am in the same boat. I like this shirt (although the first thing I thought was lighter shirt color would be better, with a beachy shirt like this) and thought 2am wasnt tooo bad. Damn ....

ruthsdad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ruthsdad

As far as dyspepsia shirts go, this one is right at the top of the list.

gabe0x02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gabe0x02

Hehe... Still getting a chuckle looking at this. Unfortunately I have to wait till the second day because I waited a whole 3 hours to try to buy one ;(

Coco Lime nut... hehe

sigaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru

Faith and Begorrah sold out already?

JTAPPER1517

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JTAPPER1517

Okay....who's got the second chance link......

hrsegal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hrsegal
applemachome wrote:Ordered 2!!!

for those that dont get it:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w7P59YBoz_o

LUCKY!! I fell asleep and missed out on what was going to be my first ever woot! I've been rooting for this shirt from the moment it hit my screen! Oh well. I guess I'll have to find something else now.

danlangdon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danlangdon

Sold out by 1am?!?! COME ON! I really wanted this one! Now I gotta spend $15 when it comes up on Sad Rat.

nanciejeanne

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nanciejeanne
alexanda wrote:You should watch Reservoir Dogs. In fact, even those of us which have seen it numerous times before should probably watch it again.

I don't like Reservoir Dogs or Tarantino.

BUT I do have this song...I think on I also may have had (and still have) it on a 45 when I was in Kindergarten! Now people will ask, "What is a 45?"

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT

I got home at 2am last night, log on, and it's sold out. I went to bed a bit disappointed, because I really wanted this shirt.

It's kinda sad that if you desperately want a Derby shirt Woot offers you have to plan your whole night around it, because they sell out so quickly. When I start planning my nights around an online T-Shirt site, I need to reorganize my priorites.

I think my buddies would have more than a few unkind words for me if at the bar I said, "Hey guys, I need to be home by 1am, the first place Woot Derby shirt gets posted and I really want it.".

Also, I just simply flat out refuse to pay $15 for any shirt Woot offers.

lanceyoder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lanceyoder

come on woot! it's march 14...i expected something with pi on it! maybe next year

short

quality posts: 0 Private Messages short

I love this design Zeusandhera. Congrats on the quick sellout. (I wooted 2 - only my 3rd shirt.woot)

stuntdriver

quality posts: 9 Private Messages stuntdriver

I grabbed one for a guy at work that always sings that out loud. and I must have got it in the nic of time as I bought it at like 1:38am.

• World of WootCrap lv5 07/11/14
  • Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/14
  • Personal Facebook Crap 6/25/14
  • 12 Days of Crapness 12/8/13
  • in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 4/26/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 3/22/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 6/15/11
  • Random Crap (Level 8) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap (Level 2) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08
  • Sansa e250 11/5/07 (The one that started it all!)

BionicLude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BionicLude

I can't believe I missed this shirt! This song is a staple of my childhood and my dad would laugh for hours if I visited someday, wearin' this.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

KenSPT wrote:I got home at 2am last night, log on, and it's sold out. I went to bed a bit disappointed, because I really wanted this shirt.

It's kinda sad that if you desperately want a Derby shirt Woot offers you have to plan your whole night around it, because they sell out so quickly. When I start planning my nights around an online T-Shirt site, I need to reorganize my priorites.

I think my buddies would have more than a few unkind words for me if at the bar I said, "Hey guys, I need to be home by 1am, the first place Woot Derby shirt gets posted and I really want it.".

Also, I just simply flat out refuse to pay $15 for any shirt Woot offers.

Looks like no shirt for you then. That's their sales model. It works, apparently not for you, but for everyone else.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

hrsegal wrote:LUCKY!! I fell asleep and missed out on what was going to be my first ever woot! I've been rooting for this shirt from the moment it hit my screen! Oh well. I guess I'll have to find something else now.

You can buy it tomorrow here.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
superspryte wrote:You can buy it tomorrow here.

Wow! Logged in to see the derby winner and saw that this one sold out already. Congratulations on your widely-successful design. I suspected this one might have been in first place.

jsheldon86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsheldon86

Great concept! congrats to the designer on the fast sellout.

amergirban

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amergirban

Nice Woot!!!!! The first good shirt I've seen in a while! Too bad I missed it .

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
zikzak wrote:Darn this shirt, now I can't get the song out of my head!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7P59YBoz_o

that wuz teh funneh, I sang that song in my sleep!

Congratulations on the great sell out to the designer!!

Drummerfreak4327

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Drummerfreak4327

Man, I'm too late, all sold out. I'd have gotten one of these.

http://www.facebook.com/thegoodjob

Woots - 50
Shirt.Woot - 38
Wine.Woot - 2
Sellout.Woot - 1

godman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godman

I'm sorry guys, but how do you see the list of shirts that were sold out (history)?? I was able to see blog history, but not how to BUY for $15... thx.

sigaru

yeah, so maybe i'll buy it tomorrow. 'cause at 7:00 this morning [eastern], it was sold out already.

sigaru

godman wrote:I'm sorry guys, but how do you see the list of shirts that were sold out (history)?? I was able to see blog history, but not how to BUY for $15... thx.

click the "sad rat" advert post [it should be first, but may be a few posts after]. that's where the list for the still available shirts are.