mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
jimiyo wrote:hey brother or sister. i wasnt making fun of your shirt. i was trying to illustrate a point.

people were commenting in the FonzEhhh that he looked scary and it gave them nightmares...

theres nothing wrong with Foo Foo, i was only pointing out the fickleness of the voters opinions

a happy moose giving thumbs up gives nightmares, but a 'demented' 'evil' bunny does not?

those are passive aggressive comments to me.

The bunny did, too. Never fear. I just never checked out that entry's thread.

mihalis aya

Re: Northern Lights (Take II)

I think this is a much prettier version. The N just didn't work for me, but this one is lovely. The colour choices are awesome.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

jimiyo wrote:hey brother or sister. i wasnt making fun of your shirt. i was trying to illustrate a point.

people were commenting in the FonzEhhh that he looked scary and it gave them nightmares...

theres nothing wrong with Foo Foo, i was only pointing out the fickleness of the voters opinions

a happy moose giving thumbs up gives nightmares, but a 'demented' 'evil' bunny does not?

those are passive aggressive comments to me.

I hope you didn't think I was being passive aggressive.

I do like it; it's a great design, hence why I'd buy it for friends.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

mihalis aya

jpolson wrote:Why does Woot allow that?

Every account which has purchased from woot is allowed a single vote. There are legit reasons to have multiple accounts on the same computer (a family shares a computer, and the adults each have their own account to buy with), and shady reasons. Unfortunately, it's difficult to differentiate between the two. Then there are the people, like myself, who don't have extra accounts, but do have mommies who will always give us a vote (if I ask really nice and cook her dinner). I think that's a different category, though.

ctravers1085

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctravers1085
Re: 4 out of 5 U.S. Americans

Awesome shirt. This is my favorite so far. Got my vote

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mihalis aya wrote:Every account which has purchased from woot is allowed a single vote. There are legit reasons to have multiple accounts on the same computer (a family shares a computer, and the adults each have their own account to buy with), and shady reasons. Unfortunately, it's difficult to differentiate between the two. Then there are the people, like myself, who don't have extra accounts, but do have mommies who will always give us a vote (if I ask really nice and cook her dinner). I think that's a different category, though.

Uh huh. Suuuuure... Is that what they're calling those accounts now? Your mom? Very funny.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

RagsLax4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RagsLax4
Re: Canadian Periodic Table

ugh no element for lacrosse

mihalis aya

superspryte wrote:Uh huh. Suuuuure... Is that what they're calling those accounts now? Your mom? Very funny.

She's been a wooter longer than I have! My mom introduced me to woot. Now I stay up until 1 and tell her if she wants it in the morning. ;)

galligator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galligator
tabrazinski wrote:i think i would like this better if the woman wasn't there.

Awesome. Looks like it would be a drawing for a CS Lewis book

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

For the record, this shirt probably fits the theme of 'canada' as much as any of the shirts with beavers or moose on them do.

Just sayin.

Check out my blog:Here!

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
Re: On Guard For Thee.

Hey Wooters, This is my first try at this, tell me what you think. In the Canadian Anthem it has the line "O Canada, we stand on guard for thee." So i wanted to portray that in my design... Too serious? I wanted to break from the Canadian jokes

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mihalis aya wrote:She's been a wooter longer than I have! My mom introduced me to woot. Now I stay up until 1 and tell her if she wants it in the morning. ;)

That's hilarious.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

Joel loves Fireweed, I think it makes him look more sensitive:

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Sachmoe64 wrote:Hey Wooters, This is my first try at this, tell me what you think. In the Canadian Anthem it has the line "O Canada, we stand on guard for thee." So i wanted to portray that in my design... Too serious? I wanted to break from the Canadian jokes

I like it and I voted for it. Welcome to Woot!

mihalis aya

galligator wrote:Awesome. Looks like it would be a drawing for a CS Lewis book

Ooooh. I think that might be why I'm so drawn to it! Thank you! I have a really old set of Narnia books from when I was a kid, and this would fit right in. Now I love it even more.

mihalis aya

geekfactor12 wrote:Joel loves Fireweed, I think it makes him look more sensitive:

Now I have coke zero in my nose, and do you realize what a pain it is to deal with that when one has a nostril piercing? I choked from laughing.

geekfactor12

Re: Maple Print

Joel and the other Woot guys are, as we all know, huge fans of distressing- so they printed this up the second it was submitted:

derekfilley

Re: F*CK CANADA!

Glad to see this hack job taking up space in the hotness.

geekfactor12

Joel loves Canada... AND SCIENCE!

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
geekfactor12 wrote:Joel loves Canada... AND SCIENCE!

you should release a Joel T-shirt Template. it would be crazy funny if EVERYONE use it.

LAwLz!

derekfilley

galligator wrote:Awesome. Looks like it would be a drawing for a CS Lewis book

Wow, it kinda does...

geekfactor12

Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

Joel likes sunsets, and long walks on the beach.

Spotnik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spotnik

Excellent! Thank you! GMV!

derekfilley

Re: Wearable Temperature Converter

I like the catch 22 ;-)

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
mihalis aya wrote:
I suggested using the tattle button because that is the appropriate place for these matters. The tattle button was created to try to take the accusations of ripped off, off topic, and otherwise inappropriate from the derby thread(s), with the added bonus of allowing the woot gods to make sure they know about every little complaint. etc.

This brings up something I've had on my mind. I try to post problems I see in an entry in the thread first before I tattle. If it's simple, like "This needs to be on a shirt template" it gives the designer a way to resubmit before being rejected. Sometimes it's more complicated, like "please explain how this fits the theme", where I would really like to know what the designer had in mind.

Bottom line, I think there are times where things can be cleared up without hitting the tattle button, but it takes tact and an open mind to make that work.

enin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin
selectedacre wrote:Curious to know how this was done... ?

i use photoshop and a drawing tablet

geekfactor12

Re: Get Busy

Joel wants to get busy:

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
AlexIAm wrote:As someone who grew up on a lake riddled with those overgrown poop machines... LOVE IT!

I thought that might strike a chord with some....
Thought you might like to see the whole can.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
geekfactor12 wrote:Joel likes sunsets, and long walks on the beach.

Heheheheh... this is great. I agree with Jimiyo... we should be using Joel shirt templates. :-)

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

daedalusknight

enin wrote:i use photoshop and a drawing tablet

You mean you just sketch in each line one at a time? That's got to be challenging. Do you use an image of a leaf (or a skull or whatever) as a guide?

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

mihalis aya

mjc613 wrote:Bottom line, I think there are times where things can be cleared up without hitting the tattle button, but it takes tact and an open mind to make that work.

Okay, I suppose that's true sometimes.

burtonrider404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
Re: Canada is Eh-OK!

i think this is one of the more clever derby entries. i really really like it. also, my canadian girlfriend really likes it too, and if she likes it, that means it deserves to be a winner.

burtonrider404

Re: Canadian Maple Leaf

all of canada's friends are in it. except don cherry.

zuniteton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuniteton
JadenKale wrote:I think you need to turn these into vectors. You have more than the allotted colors when you include all the shaded areas. Pretty, but not printable.

Ok thanks guys!

burtonrider404

Re: Canadian BoardGame

oh! ok eh!!

zuniteton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuniteton
mihalis aya wrote:Critique, eh? (See what I did there?)

I'd love to see a close up of the bear in your comp. I'm concerned about the apparent blending on him, but I also realize it's probably just small dots of colour. A close-up would be helpful, and possibly save you from a potential rejection. Is he a photo that has been recoloured, or original art?

I love, love the purple-blue. But I love purple low-placed designs, so take that with a grain of salt. Overall, I like the bear, but I feel like he's pretty barren on the shirt. I would like something else (a shadow? a swirly background? a few snowflakes?) to help make the design more visually appealing.

Final verdict: pretty colours, looks well done, but I'd like to see detail in your shirt comp and some extra background on the shirt itself.

Hey thanks! Thats all really good advice

enin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin
daedalusknight wrote:You mean you just sketch in each line one at a time? That's got to be challenging. Do you use an image of a leaf (or a skull or whatever) as a guide?

i look through photos and make sketches of the parts i like
then create a simple outline and block in the highlight / shadow areas
that is my base layer

then in photoshop i shade everything in with a base coat of cross hatching
on a new layer
and keep drawing layers of lines
it usually ends up taking on a life of it's own

it can be repetitive and tedious but relaxing

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Border Crossing

If that's just a colorized photo, woot won't be able to print it. :-/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

daedalusknight

enin wrote:i look through photos and make sketches of the parts i like
then create a simple outline and block in the highlight / shadow areas
that is my base layer

then in photoshop i shade everything in with a base coat of cross hatching
on a new layer
and keep drawing layers of lines
it usually ends up taking on a life of it's own

it can be repetitive and tedious but relaxing

Sounds like you put a lot of work into these, but clearly the results show how much it pays off.

By the way, I sent you a PM (In case you missed it... I usually don't see them either :-) with a question for you. Get back to me when you have the time.

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Great idea and well executed! Does anyone know if the little words will print clearly?