daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

I hope everyone likes this one... It kind of has a personal meaning and I'm not sure it'll resonate with everyone. Back when I was a kid my family and I would occasioanlly head up to Canada to visit my mother's relatives. We would usually go in the early fall when the leaves were all turning and the loons and Canadian gese were all in flight... headed south I guess. My mom's not with us anymore but I still remember the way she loved the changing colors of the leaves and the sight of those birds in flight. I wanted to pay homage to that with this shirt; I call it Lake Ontario Sunset. Please let me know if you like it. Thanks!

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Re: Spirit Island, Alberta

Inspired by a photo of Sprit Island, Alberta, made up of little maple leaves. Hope you like.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
mihalis aya wrote:I went in a totally different direction than most people. Like US states, the provinces and territories of Canada all have their specific emblems. What started out as an idea to combine all of the provincial/territorial flowers, I ended up using just the gorgeous fireweed, the official flower of the Yukon. It is an on-theme shirt without being obviously about Canada, thus requiring no explanation to wear every day. Well. Not every day. Unless you wash it every night, please.

You and I were totally on the same wavelength!! Awesome Fireweed, you did it justice where I could not. My Trillium was an easier execution after spending all night on the other one.

cswalsh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cswalsh
Re: Canadian Periodic Table

Favorite Element: Cs (cirque du soleil)

carina83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carina83
daedalusknight wrote:I hope everyone likes this one... It kind of has a personal meaning and I'm not sure it'll resonate with everyone. Back when I was a kid my family and I would occasioanlly head up to Canada to visit my mother's relatives. We would usually go in the early fall when the leaves were all turning and the loons and Canadian gese were all in flight... headed south I guess. My mom's not with us anymore but I still remember the way she loved the changing colors of the leaves and the sight of those birds in flight. I wanted to pay homage to that with this shirt; I call it Lake Ontario Sunset. Please let me know if you like it. Thanks!

wow, very beautiful. I also like to see the changing of the leaves. I am not sure about the black sure, but you got my vote.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
JadenKale wrote:You and I were totally on the same wavelength!! Awesome Fireweed, you did it justice where I could not. My Trillium was an easier execution after spending all night on the other one.

I loved the trillium, too, but I thought the fireweed made a more interesting natural shape on the shirt. I had a neat array of flowers in a swirly pattern, but I couldn't do them all in only 6 colours--some were white, some pink, some purple, some orange, some blue...bah!

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Get Busy

J'adore!

Check out my blog:Here!

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan

Gorgeous picture. Inspired!

derekfilley

Re: Dorky Boxmountie

Wow, someone has 10 voting accounts... ;-)

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

Bullwinkler?

Atherton5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atherton5
personnemaime wrote:The flag of the new Woot Republic.

Cool that we both had the same thought! Mine is a little different. What do you think?

mihalis aya

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11490]Canada

It's clever and cute. I'd like it more if the water outline were less boxy--I understand you were going for a map-like edge, but it doesn't work nicely on the shirt itself. A softer edge (maybe a torn paper concept, to fit with the map?) would fit better.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Canadaistan

This makes no sense... it's not a communist country. *is confused*

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox
Re: Rumble in the Tundra

Ordinarily, I'd stand for nunavit, but this is visual punnery at its finest.

derekfilley

Re: Canadian Periodic Table

Very funny. ;-)

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
PemberDucky wrote:I love this little guy!

looks like a porcupine

Please check it out

linylou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linylou
Re: 4 out of 5 U.S. Americans

this made me laugh! gmv

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: FonzEhhhh!

I've heard all my life that there was no way to make Henry Winkler look like a moose, but you guys pulled it off with style. Well done.

follan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages follan
Re: mmm canadios

Um, this does not mean i eat canadians for breakfast, but i wont say i would if they were surgerly delicious in nice bowl of milk...

Atherton5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atherton5
Re: God Bless NORTH America!

Translation:
hecho en MEXICO=
made in MEXICO

All work performed paid in AmEros. Just keepin' it real!

cdncarlie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdncarlie
Re: Maple Splatter

I'm not quite sure why but I am intrinsically drawn to this design, maybe because i find it classy (imo). Nicely done!

My shirt.woots: When Doughnuts Fly, Kawaii, Random Shirt x3 (Dino Wino, Killer Bees, Unfriendly Locals),Do the Math, Zombie Season, What Dreams are Made of, Random Shirt x3 (Ghosts!, Dramatic Jackalope, Man-Boy)

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh

This is awesome.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Maple Print

Very nice. I like how the leaves looked stamped on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: Cleaning the Streets, Eh?

Cleaning up the streets improved after the addition of the Royal Canadian Zamboni Mounted Police

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: Cleaning the Streets, Eh?

Cleaning up the streets improved after the addition of the Royal Canadian Zamboni Mounted Police

mjpupillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpupillo
Re: Beaver Mountie

i have this stuffed animal! got it at good will once b/c it was a beaver.

xsiled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xsiled
JadenKale wrote:This makes no sense... it's not a communist country. *is confused*

immigration of non-westerners that have no intention of assimilating into their new homeland amirite?

KENPARS0NS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS

love the joke about the left foot... I laughed out loud when I read it...

mihalis aya

Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

Holy moly, guys! This is awesome! I love people. I especially love people who vote for me in the future or have voted for me in the past.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Maple Print

Wow.. very nice!

SailorButterfly

Re: Falling Maples

The gray rectangle you have on the shirt is the printable area...they won't print the leaves on the shoulder. The design may be rejected for being outside the printable area, and if it is, I hope you'll resubmit with the design inside of the printable area because it is pretty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2thFairy

Beautiful!

cdncarlie

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11490]Canada

hahaaaha this shirt is awesome!!! being from western Canada, many of us (my extended family at least) could care if Quebec seded from Canada....all the quebecois do is whine and complain yet because of their huge population (in coparison to the other provinces) they have they most seats in parliment so essentially they control the government !!! AARGH!

My shirt.woots: When Doughnuts Fly, Kawaii, Random Shirt x3 (Dino Wino, Killer Bees, Unfriendly Locals),Do the Math, Zombie Season, What Dreams are Made of, Random Shirt x3 (Ghosts!, Dramatic Jackalope, Man-Boy)

SailorButterfly

Re: Rorschach's Canada

I like this better without the words. Glad you took them off. Now it makes people wonder or have to ask. hehe

2thFairy

Re: Moose with Trees

Does Mike Honcho approve of this one? heh

2thFairy

Re: Maple Splatter

If I were Mike Honcho, I would wonder what exactly the splatter is comprised of..

cdncarlie

Re: 4 out of 5 U.S. Americans

so sad but true..... ='( i still get asked all the time if we live in igloos or if i speak Canadian.....um....come on now, really?! it never ceases to amaze me how iggnorant some people are about a country which shares thousands of kilometres with the states

2thFairy

Re: Canadian Goose

Nice!

SailorButterfly

Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

Very pretty. I like the shirts that aren't glaringly obvious Canadian references, because I have absolutely no affiliation with Canada or anyone from there whatsoever. T_T My only hope to get a shirt out this derby is if something like this wins. ^-^

2thFairy