yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11683]One Tank, Industrial Complex,

Ahhh! Bringing me back. Jimiyo. Okay it was just a few years ago, but still...

VOTE!

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
haxrox wrote:Hey, I used to have one these! It was awesome! Man, I remember taking boxmoose to the park like every Saturday; we'd just kick a ball around or graze or whatever. Then when the weather was bad, he'd let us use him as a doorstop. That guy was crazy! One time, we snuck him into a mall and he ate like every power tool he could find. I have so many fond memories of boxmoose. The sad thing is, one night he fell asleep smoking and burned himself down. Aww, I miss boxmoose. I hope this wins!

True story.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Re: Canadian Maple Leaf

Really, really nice. You've got my vote.

Keep up the great work!

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
bluchez wrote:

looks like someone famous... dont know who..

i would ask for votes, but its useless. so lets make fun of it, and look forward to next weeks derby!

Calvin888MEN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Calvin888MEN
Re: Be a Mountie

really? the fog? [daily loosing confidence in the Woot community, though not in the very quality artistic contributions that are made by the artists weekly]

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Calvin888MEN wrote:really? the fog? [daily loosing confidence in the Woot community, though not in the very quality artistic contributions that are made by the artists weekly]

daily loosing? is that like diarrhea?

2thFairy

Zodgilla

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zodgilla
Re: Canadian Periodic Table

Creative, very funny. Heather Gray wouldn't be my color of choice... But hey, it's a Canadian Periodic Table of the Elements. And that's just cool.

aidenb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aidenb
easeandgrace wrote:So many clever ideas coming out! I like this one - it reminds me of the t-shirts with a tuxedo image on them that guys wore at my high school years ago.

That's exactly why I don't like it. We just had tons of these in the Trompe de L'Oeil derby. Been there. Done that. Moved on.

I have a hard time believing that all the people voting for this one actually have intentions of buying and wearing it. This shirt tells the world "Hey look everybody! I'm a mountie!"

You guys must be big fans of those little plastic sheriff stars.

stannley

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stannley
Re: Stanley's Totem

We vacationed in Vancouver BC when I was little and I loved Stanley Park. I started this on Friday at work, drew it and colored it there from pictures of this particular totem. Scanned it and have been trying to get it to look halfway decent since then and finally discovered Vector Magic, amazing what that can do. Still not great but presentable at least and I just didn't want to give up on it ... Jaden also did a Stanley Park totem which I think is better... check it out
Totemic

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
Re: Totemic

I really like this. I've always liked that style of native american art. I've never known what it was called, but I've seen entire buildings in Washington painted in this style and always wanted to do something like that myself. gmv.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
Re: Moose Meet

This is my first entry made with my new tablet. It is 100 percent hand drawn. I certainly looked at other images of moose online to understand their geometry (though I think I missed the mark a little on the legs), but this is a completely original illustration. The idea came from a friend and his wife (who is Canadian). Apparently eating moose meat is fairly common in Canada, but this play on that--a Moose Meet, is a little less harmful to the animals. I added the ribbon below the moose with "Canada" because Moose are not exclusively found in Canada and despite the reference to moose meat, I thought it would make the shirt more distinctly Canadian.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

aidenb

Re: Be a Mountie

Well drawn though! Just redundant and kinda silly.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Re: Soylent Bacon

Derby Gold.

aidenb

Re: maple leaf

Beautiful! And definitely on it's way to the fog.

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
jimiyo wrote:
i would ask for votes, but its useless. so lets make fun of it, and look forward to next weeks derby!

I wouldn't give up just yet, Jimiyo. There's a possibility that one or more of the shirts in front of Fonzie-moose will be rejected for one reason or another... you could be right up in the fog again as soon as the screening process starts.

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

jimiyo wrote:

I'd rather make fun of the people who aren't voting for it. It's clearly the best entry in the derby. Some people claim name recognition gets you votes, but I think if anything it can keep people from voting sometimes. If an relatively unknown person entered this it would be a runaway winner. Nice work anyways guys.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Spooky021 wrote:AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, dis is soooo cuuuuttteee!!! I hope it wins! I wll proudly wear the beaver on my chest!

Wow, that just sounds bad, eh?

Yeah it does but oh well. Thanks! ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

ttdesigns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ttdesigns
Re: FREE CANADA

best non beaver enty this weed

foxshox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages foxshox
cdncarlie wrote:so sad but true..... ='( i still get asked all the time if we live in igloos or if i speak Canadian.....um....come on now, really?! it never ceases to amaze me how iggnorant some people are about a country which shares thousands of kilometres with the states

Yeah well stereotypes or stereotypes, apparently I am a cowboy even though im an indian(dot). Though I will admit to saying y'all and ain't, but how can y'all not use ain't.

janet13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janet13
artulo wrote:Text is hard to read in this small version - click below to see larger! Hope everyone likes it.

Go Large!

Cool idea and I like the text. Is the bear a bit distorted? He looks too tall and pulls the set a bit out of proportion, imho.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Thanks! I got the idea from all of the "FREE TIBET" shirts I saw whilst wandering around China and HK last summer.

I think it's time our neighbors to the north were freed of the oppressive British rule.

Viva La Revolucion, eh?!!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: The Wild Blue Yonder

I like it with the other guys in there too. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

I really respect the artistic integrity of this entry. Some people might have cluttered it up with a joke, or maybe some sort of attractive decorative element. But you, sir, made the decision to follow your inspiration wherever it took you.

Bravo!

:D

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
stannley wrote:We vacationed in Vancouver BC when I was little and I loved Stanley Park. I started this on Friday at work, drew it and colored it there from pictures of this particular totem. Scanned it and have been trying to get it to look halfway decent since then and finally discovered Vector Magic, amazing what that can do. Still not great but presentable at least and I just didn't want to give up on it ... Jaden also did a Stanley Park totem which I think is better... check it out
Totemic

Stannley you're too sweet! Thanks for the nod. While I was working on mine most of Friday afternoon through to this evening, I noticed your lone post in the threads (I don't read the threads much when I do my pieces). I'm glad you like mine, and yours is really nice too. I wanted to make sure mine was discernible from any other piece while also making sure that people knew I put some (ok, a lot) time into making the totem make sense.

It's kinda like making a Japanese inspired shirt and then slapping characters on it. I want to know what I'm putting in the design makes sense before I put it out there. thanks again!

BTW, sent you a PM!

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
jimiyo wrote:looks like someone famous... dont know who..

Shouldn't have resubmitted... it's the kiss of death for a fogged entry.

Check out my blog:Here!

aidenb

While supplies last? Har har!

janet13

Re: Reflective Bear

*Beautiful*. And how close where you were you took the pic?

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: maple leaf

very pretty!

janet13

Re: Beaver Mountie

*SO* cute.

narkus

Re: Beaver Mountie

he's a cutie!

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
derekfilley wrote:Shouldn't have resubmitted... it's the kiss of death for a fogged entry.

Not always- RobGlenn's Hidden Message Day was rejected twice and still got printed. Some fogged entries can survive it, and this should have been early enough to be in that category. It's too bad that the votes aren't lining up, tho.

2thFairy

ttdesigns wrote:best non beaver enty this weed

Wow.. sounds like too much weed to me.

narkus

Re: Got Tuque Eh?

too adorable! don't change a thing

narkus

Re: Got Tuque Eh?

i love the little fable face on the leaf

CreationsFromChaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CreationsFromChaos

Made this for my dozens of friends who long to move up north. :-)

Re: I only wish I were canadian

narkus

acutevt

quality posts: 12 Private Messages acutevt

This is my first entry ever. I hope you like it!

Wine newb? Seasoned pro? This is a recommendation engine for wine.

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Rejected Canadian Beer Mascots

Here is a bigger version:

VOTE!