Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
SailorButterfly wrote:Very nice. I like how the leaves looked stamped on.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was going for.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
SailorButterfly wrote:Very pretty. I like the shirts that aren't glaringly obvious Canadian references, because I have absolutely no affiliation with Canada or anyone from there whatsoever. T_T My only hope to get a shirt out this derby is if something like this wins. ^-^

Thank you! I tried to choose something that is definitely Canadian (though in my research I learned they also grow in the colder climes of Europe) without being obviously Canadian in a way that requires an explanation.

cdncarlie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdncarlie
Re: Canadian Periodic Table

there's so many other elements you could add, i wish you could have made the entire table....but i imagine it'd be pretty hard to come up with that many references(even as a fellow Cananuk I can't think of that many unless you add in all the different kinds of Canadian beer) great idea btw! ;-)

My shirt.woots: When Doughnuts Fly, Kawaii, Random Shirt x3 (Dino Wino, Killer Bees, Unfriendly Locals),Do the Math, Zombie Season, What Dreams are Made of, Random Shirt x3 (Ghosts!, Dramatic Jackalope, Man-Boy)

carina83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carina83
derekfilley wrote:Wow, someone has 10 voting accounts... ;-)

I was thinking the same thing...

Shigwarm

Wow! You really did your homework! Good job.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Unofficial Seal of Canada

Unofficial seal of canada. Though it could be a real one...

cdncarlie

oops sorry i should have clarified what i meant by the whole table...i just meant the two extra rows (lanthanoids and actinoids)

My shirt.woots: When Doughnuts Fly, Kawaii, Random Shirt x3 (Dino Wino, Killer Bees, Unfriendly Locals),Do the Math, Zombie Season, What Dreams are Made of, Random Shirt x3 (Ghosts!, Dramatic Jackalope, Man-Boy)

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
xsiled wrote:immigration of non-westerners that have no intention of assimilating into their new homeland amirite?

that never happens, it's an urban myth told around home depots late at night.

mihalis aya

Re: FonzEhhhh!

Jimiyo, I told you last night it might give me nightmares.

It did.

I'm impressed by the detail involved, but that is one scary moose.

mihalis aya

Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

Fogged? I LOVE YOU GUYS.

MikeHoncho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikeHoncho
2thFairy wrote:If I were Mike Honcho, I would wonder what exactly the splatter is comprised of..

If I were Mike Honcho, and I am, I would say the splatter is... well... Mike Honcho does not know what the splatter is comprised of. Mike Honcho just thought it looked cool.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
carina83 wrote:wow, very beautiful. I also like to see the changing of the leaves. I am not sure about the black sure, but you got my vote.

It's funny... this started as a brown shirt, not black. The leaves that are now brown were navy in color. I couldn't get it to really look like a unified leaf, though, so I changed the leaves at the bottom to brown and then I changed the shirt to navy.

That made the "big leaf" look fine but now the shirt wasn't as warm and also the birds weren't standing out so much... so I tried again with black. That seemed to be the best color combination. I kinda wish Woot had more shirt colors, though, as a warm, dark grey would be perfect (their grey's cool and lighter).

Anyway... thanks so much for the vote. Here's hoping it gets made. :-)

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

MikeHoncho

2thFairy wrote:Does Mike Honcho approve of this one? heh

Mike Honcho extends tepid support for this shirt. While Mike Honcho likes it, it was done by Mike Honcho after all, Mike Honcho recognizes that there are much better offerings for this derby than Mike Honcho can provide.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: The Time Has Come, Eh?

I would say that I might like this if instead of bombs and such, it were planes delivering woot shirts...but that would get rejected for being woot-related.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

MikeHoncho

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11490]Canada

Mike Honcho like a shirt that teaches him something in a funny way. Mike Honcho likes this shirt.

cdncarlie

Re: Get Busy

Nous avons besoin de plusieurs tee-shirts comme ça à mon avis !

follan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages follan
Re: flying higher

Canada is flying to higher grounds... they can now buy woot tees!

MikeHoncho

Re: FonzEhhhh!

Mike Honco is fearful of the mighty JamesCho/JimmyYo juggernaut. This shirt has the full approval of Mike Honcho.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

A little more popular than Vampire, eh?

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

MikeHoncho

MIke Honcho likes the proximity of the hot celebs to the beaver element. That made Mike Honco laugh.

KENPARS0NS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: Maple Print

Nice... I like the light distressing...

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight

Lovely... but is the ink pink or white? It's a little hard to tell. Maybe it's the monitor I'm on.

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

MikeHoncho

Re: Get Busy

MIke Honcho loves the beaver illustration. Mike Honco thinks its extremely well done.

MikeHoncho

Re: Shaving Boxbeaver

Mike Honcho laughed when he saw this shirt... then Mike Honcho voted for it.

cdncarlie

Re: Beaver Mountie

Je l'adore!!! j'espère sincèrement que vous gagnerez! (I love it, I sincerely hope you win) ;-)

KENPARS0NS

Re: Serene Canada

Nice... it makes me think of the peacful feeling of being at the family's lakeside cabin in Ontario...

mihalis aya

Schrobblehead wrote:A little more popular than Vampire, eh?

Apparently. Poor little emo vampire.

NotAGirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NotAGirl

the girl vote is strong this derby eh?

KENPARS0NS

Re: Beaver Mountie

Adorable... I'll have to get one for my wife if it wins...

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
Re: Maple Leaves

Awsome shirt.

Well there is always next year....

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
Re: National Flag of Canada

This is the National flag of Canada. The maple leaf has been used since the early days of Canada to symbolize the land and it’s people. The maple leaf was first proposed to be the emblem of Canada in 1834. The maple leaf was for many years the symbol of the Canadian Armed Forces and was used by Canada in both world wars. The maple leaf wasn’t used on the Canadian flag until 1965. The maple leaf is fun to draw!

Red and white were approved as Canada’s official colors in 1921.

Enjoy!

cdncarlie

Re: Bull Hockey

i knew before i saw who the artist was that it was you jaden....wonderfully done, as always!! ;-)

Shigwarm

Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

I really like the color combo.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
mihalis aya wrote:Apparently. Poor little emo vampire.

You've definitely got talent, so all you had to do was find a design that would connect with enough people. Hopefully this is it. ;-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Bryan818 wrote:looks like a porcupine

Your FACE looks like a porcupine!
BURN.

Your face doesn't actually look like a porcupine.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Shigwarm

Re: Maple Leaves

Wow! This is great! Nice work.

KENPARS0NS

NotAGirl wrote:the girl vote is strong this derby eh?

Then why isn't my adorable little space moose doing better...

cdncarlie

Re: Spirit Island, Alberta

hmmm, i'm from Alberta but i've never been there. what part of alberta is it in?

mihalis aya

Re: Maple Print

I really like this shirt and am honoured to be fogged with it.

mihalis aya

NotAGirl wrote:the girl vote is strong this derby eh?

Well, I am a girl, so that works out nicely