sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
haxrox wrote:Thanks for all the kind words, especially from those of you who's arms know no cold. The colors might be iffy, but if a unified field theory holds, the state of particles at the big bang predetermined every subsequent state of the universe, so unless you believe in something beyond the physical which can still alter the physical, the design with these colors has been a certainty for billions of years. But I guess any distaste for the colors is a similarly derived state of particles/energies in the mind, so there's no use arguing with what must be. Happy St. Patty's Day!

ummm, okay, if you say so hax... anyway, just weighing in with my props on this shirt (GMV)... and the dissent that there's totally short sleeve temps on the canadian scale there! I propose that perhaps the catch 22 is that it doesn't go up to the general "room temp" of what usually? Like 70ish F/23*C, eh?

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

alftuba

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alftuba
alftuba wrote:I don't think the bear is wrong, in fact I think it's about right. But if that's a normal sized caribou, then that's the biggest goose on the planet. Something's definitely wrong there. I think everything else is right in relation to the goose, but the caribou (and the bear to match) should be MUCH bigger.

Also you could lose the words "from the ground" - it's redundant. The only reason I'm so picky is I really like the idea, the concept, but the result so far isn't something I'd spend money on ...yet.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
alftuba wrote:I don't think the bear is wrong, in fact I think it's about right. But if that's a normal sized caribou, then that's the biggest goose on the planet. Something's definitely wrong there. I think everything else is right in relation to the goose, but the caribou (and the bear to match) should be MUCH bigger.

I thought it was odd that the goose should be that big as well, but (and I know Wikipedia isn't 100% right) according to it: "This species is 76-110 cm (30-43 in) long with a 127-180 cm (50-71 in) wing span."

I'll agree that the goose is rather large, though

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
alftuba wrote:Also you could lose the words "from the ground" - it's redundant. The only reason I'm so picky is I really like the idea, the concept, but the result so far isn't something I'd spend money on ...yet.

Tell you what, if this gets printed I'll make the text change, as well as adjust the animal heights in the print ready file. Your suggestions are sound and make sense to me.

greyhound989

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greyhound989
Re: maple leaf

This is gorgeous. Your skull is one of my favorite designs, and this one is right up there with it.

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
Re: What the Canuck?

hahahahaa

I once ate a cricket.

littlejetties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlejetties
Re: Connect w/ Canada (now with club!)

I thought I would try appealing to the darker side of the wooters. I personally like this much more than the original. Thanks for looking.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox
sailstud25 wrote:ummm, okay, if you say so hax... anyway, just weighing in with my props on this shirt (GMV)... and the dissent that there's totally short sleeve temps on the canadian scale there! I propose that perhaps the catch 22 is that it doesn't go up to the general "room temp" of what usually? Like 70ish F/23*C, eh?

Good observation- I can dig it. I was suggesting that Canadians don't need to concern themselves with temperatures above 10C; I wasn't really considering indoor temperatures. How warm do igloos get? (winking emoticon) It's weird how relative short-sleeve weather changes w/ geography. I went to school near Pittsburgh and have worn Tees in freezing weather, but now that I'm in the South, sub-60F calls for a fleece.

reaktivedesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reaktivedesign
littlejetties wrote:I thought I would try appealing to the darker side of the wooters. I personally like this much more than the original. Thanks for looking.

this a little disgusting, your basically saying its ok to club seals.

mwh1986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwh1986
JadenKale wrote:It's not the same. Yes, a moose playing hockey, but it's not the same. And I find it rude that you put a 'buy it now' in my thread. I drew this from scratch and that would be like telling anyone who does a moose, or refers to hockey or does a leaf, that it's been done before and needs to be removed. My design is original and I have the sketch to prove it.

I was just saying if someone really liked yours and you didn't make the finals, that they could buy something comparable already existing at cafepress. I wasn't trying to be rude, and I find that remark a little hurtful.

twallis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twallis

The figures are exaggerated for effect but there is "some" truth anyway. Sad.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/05/02/geog.test/
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/geosurvey/highlights.html

patcoll25 wrote:Is there any truth to this?

littlejetties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlejetties
reaktivedesign wrote:this a little disgusting, your basically saying its ok to club seals.

I love seals. Especially baby ones. That club could be for anything. Stickball. Punching a hole in the ice for the little fella to find some fish. You name it.

PiffJr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PiffJr

Same! C'mon w00ters! Let's see a Ka___dascope!

dorbie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dorbie

Ahh, I see it's a dupe of a dupe.

Nevermind. Gradients are discouraged, not impossible, read rules before parroting them people.

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
Re: Totemic

nice job! we have a totem pole in my town.

somehow this shirt feels like easter with the colors you chose... maybe that green? it has a pastel feel.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: Rorschach's Canada

Derek, I wish this design was doing better. It's the only one that I like more and more every time I check the derby. It's wearable and not so in-your-face CANADA. Plus, I love the dark tones on olives and Rorschach tests. Maybe woot will pick it up as a proper tribute to our new Canadian counterparts, though I doubt designs from this derby will end up being editor's choices.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dorbie wrote:Ahh, I see it's a dupe of a dupe.

Nevermind. Gradients are discouraged, not impossible, read rules before parroting them people.

You know, people are just trying to be helpful. No gradient has ever been printed from the derby by woot. Every time they have seen one that is clearly a gradient of any kind they have rejected it, unless it's the last day and has 2 votes, or something pointless like that.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Heading North - Stop Bothering your Father!

You always thought the gaggle of geese made 'honking' noises....but it's really the goslings bothering the parents while asking the common traveling query....'Are we there yet?" The honking is really just a chorus of "are....are....are....are....".

I think a family of geese is supposed to be called a Gaggle, but I think Flock is acceptable too. And, flock sounded better with Father.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mwh1986 wrote:I was just saying if someone really liked yours and you didn't make the finals, that they could buy something comparable already existing at cafepress. I wasn't trying to be rude, and I find that remark a little hurtful.

It definitely came across like you were trying to discredit the entry... Maybe next time reconsider the wording. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: It's All About the Bacon

I honestly can't tell you why but I love this piggy. Once I figure out why I'll get back to you. GMV in the meantime. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

klswoot

Re: It's All About the Bacon

superspryte wrote:I honestly can't tell you why but I love this piggy. Once I figure out why I'll get back to you. GMV in the meantime. ^_^

Thanks Spryte (and Beefcoat)!

I know why Spryte....because it's all about the BACON!!! I keep hearing that funny commercial for dog food.

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: Duel Citizenship (3 colors)

great. i love it. gmv

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

host47 wrote:I like it alot, even though I also like Canada. I think I'll snag the IMG and make one from cafepress with it. :-P

That's all kinds of illegal; woot has the rights to this for 60 days. After that echelon7 does.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

klswoot wrote:Thanks Spryte (and Beefcoat)!

I know why Spryte....because it's all about the BACON!!! I keep hearing that funny commercial for dog food.

That could be it. I like bacon...and now I want some. T_T;

Poppenfresh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Poppenfresh

I need some help...I have a shirt designed and ready to go but when I go to fill out the form, it loads for a while, and then the page comes up that says "Connection was lost" or something like that, I've tried it on 5 different computers now, and they don't work. I can't email it because they're over 10 mb. So anyone have any advice?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Poppenfresh wrote:I need some help...I have a shirt designed and ready to go but when I go to fill out the form, it loads for a while, and then the page comes up that says "Connection was lost" or something like that, I've tried it on 5 different computers now, and they don't work. I can't email it because they're over 10 mb. So anyone have any advice?

1. Submit the entry without the print-ready file.
2. If you haven't already, zip the print-ready.
3. If it's still too large to email, worry about it once your shirt gets dangerously close to the fog. Otherwise it's not too important because they'll just be deleting it anyway.

bone1977

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bone1977
Re: If Tank Girl had been Canadian

nice shirt.... too bad this logo isn't new,

link

Mod note: I changed it to a link because the long url was messing with the flow of the page.

OpenDesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OpenDesign
OpenDesign wrote: It's going to be nearly impossible to get even near the "fog of war" at this point, but I think that better design is worth losing some ground on!

Shows how much I know about how these derbies work... Thanks again for all the votes and the great comments!

banjodude95

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banjodude95

love it!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

I think my gf would want one, would thus want me to vote, I thus did. Thus.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
Re: CURRRLING

Kinda surprised by this rejection. They really aren't that similar. Oh well.

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
PiffJr wrote:Same! C'mon w00ters! Let's see a Ka___dascope!

YAY! Thanks you guys...

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
Re: Are there penguins in Caanada?

OK...I know I misspelled Canada. I DO know how to spell CANADA. Give me a break. I'm on DIALUP it is very DIFFICULT to upload, and I More of these! NOW! to resubmit it.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Beefcoat wrote:Sorry, everyone. I didn't quite catch it before I submitted. Thanks for pointing it out. I have resubmitted this without the green
Sorry again.

No apology required. I wrote down the colors as I saw them, just in case there was something weird about how they came up on the screen. It's been known to happen, and that way you could say "Oh no, those two things are really the same color" or "Oh, that must be an artifact of the gray and white next to each other" or whatever.

Glad you could quickly fix this, and while the green was a nice addition, it looks just as good without it.

klswoot

mjc613 wrote:No apology required. I wrote down the colors as I saw them, just in case there was something weird about how they came up on the screen. It's been known to happen, and that way you could say "Oh no, those two things are really the same color" or "Oh, that must be an artifact of the gray and white next to each other" or whatever.

Glad you could quickly fix this, and while the green was a nice addition, it looks just as good without it.

Hey MJC - Thanks for adding one of my 'vote' promos to your signature! I appreciate it!

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
highgrassfarm wrote:OK...I know I misspelled Canada. I DO know how to spell CANADA. Give me a break. I'm on DIALUP it is very DIFFICULT to upload, and I More of these! NOW! to resubmit it.

HUH?

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
highgrassfarm wrote:HUH?

that wuz teh funneh... you proofread this, eh? that wuz teh funneh! You really need to get a cable modem.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Re: hoser.

I love it! Got my vote. =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
dorbie wrote:Ahh, I see it's a dupe of a dupe.

Please don't make me use my opera voice.

My comments were based on watching what woot has rejected over several months. As Josephus has pointed out, despite the exact words of what the rules say, no shirt with gradients has made it through, unless it was submitted right before the derby closed. Woot is not small claims court, it's their game.

It is possible that your shirt may not be rejected for that reason - after all, there was another hat entry that was rejected for being already available.

But you really owe it to yourself to see what has already been rejected in this derby, so you will know what not to do. Here are some examples:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11763 Complicated half-tones/gradients
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11630 Complicated gradients
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11637 Appears to contain gradients
etc.

thewarrior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewarrior
Re: Canadian Hockey

i like this design, one word roots!
the mask might look alot better if it was a lot crisper