mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
klswoot wrote:Hey MJC - Thanks for adding one of my 'vote' promos to your signature! I appreciate it!

No prob - I hope it does some good!

thewarrior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewarrior
Re: Poser (resub)

best design in this comp...im voting for it
complements on the superb design

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo

aw man, for a second i thought this was a hilarious goalie mask with blood splatter on it. but woe, its a maple leaf...

did you mean for it to look all scary? if so GMV!

one time i was walking by one of those humongous Hemi Dodge Ram at night in a dim parking lot, and the owner had put goalie masks on the head rest of both the front car seats, i had to double take, it scared the piss outta me. something about those masks...

cheers mate.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: FonzEhhh

Another celebrity sighting of this shirt. Photographed while the couple were on vacation in the Philippines.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: I swear, she lives in Canada!

Apologies to Cheese for submitting an entry that looks similar to hers. (Never saw this one.) I didn't start creating my entries until this morning as I was out of town since Wednesday. Took a quick look at the top 7, but didn't look at any entries past that. If folks feel my entry is too similar to Cheese's, I'm happy to remove it. But, it wasn't intentional. Just did a design that was inspired by a reaction to the theme that is fairly common with regard to an American's view of Canada's anthem.

Sorry again Cheese. It wasn't intentional.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Figit090 wrote:nice job! we have a totem pole in my town.

somehow this shirt feels like easter with the colors you chose... maybe that green? it has a pastel feel.

It's because I didn't choose primary colors. I chose muted tones that you would see on totems. And while I can't change the shirt color per se, I can changed the other colors to mute the overall feel as if it's been around forever. I'm glad you like it!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

Again, I don't know how I didn't see this before... very witty, and love the musical attention to detail. The annoying part of me (Adder has an annoying part? Gasp!) would probably prefer an ending bar, but it's still highly witty. Now, if only it had Rule Brittania on it... that's where MY girlfriend resides, and I'm sure she'd love to have a shirt like this. Seriously. Tally ho pip pip?

easeandgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
eyeslikesugar wrote:that wuz teh funneh... you proofread this, eh? that wuz teh funneh! You really need to get a cable modem.

Not a chance. Satellite maybe....

easeandgrace

Re: Under The Radar

My friend who lives in Winnepeg says this is definitely the best one. He should know! :-)

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
superspryte wrote:It definitely came across like you were trying to discredit the entry... Maybe next time reconsider the wording. ^_^

Yeah I have to agree with this here. When people advertise for other items, or post graphics like that, I have gotten defensive, and rightfully so in most cases. There have been other people who have done this to discredit me as well as other designers. And as a new person with only 3 posts and no purchases, I had my doubts as to the sincerity of the post. I apologize if I misjudged your actions, MWH. The drama that has been created here week after week by some people has been too easy to just jump on and try to stop any kind of attack.

edit: I retract this comment seeing I was right and it was Sayah attacking my entries.... again.

cejeff05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cejeff05

I dunno why! For some reason FOG just happened subconsciously... I didn't notice I did that until you pointed it out...

Calvin888MEN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Calvin888MEN
Re: maple leaf

I just need to say that it is SOOOOOOOOOO refreshing to see some real clever art on a shirt, and this one is an example of a few in this derby that's actually original, classy, and aesthetically stunning. Well done!

Calvin888MEN

Re: maple leaf

P.S. WOOT: do not put this shirt on black, please, please, please, fight the temptation that you so easily fall into. Keep it on a brown shirt!

whiskeylegend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whiskeylegend

Damn. There goes the one shirt I would have voted for.

And honestly, woot. It's not a copy. It's a variation on the skull-and-crossbones theme, which isn't uncommon. If you want to reject this, you'd have to reject every entry based on commonly used symbols.

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
bone1977 wrote:nice shirt.... too bad this logo isn't new,

link

Mod note: I changed it to a link because the long url was messing with the flow of the page.

awww, thanks. I had the feeling that this seemed really familiar. well, if it gets rejected i won't be hurt.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Calvin888MEN wrote:P.S. WOOT: do not put this shirt on black, please, please, please, fight the temptation that you so easily fall into. Keep it on a brown shirt!

Why would woot print this on black? The designer has put it on brown, and unless the designer changed their mind, that is what woot would print it on. I have not seen many, if any, derby shirts printed on a different color than intended.

Calvin888MEN

Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

Faith restored in Woot derby shirts!!! Thanks for this design; though, I will have to put it away for Autumn in Nor-Cal

LadyChic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyChic
Re: Sasquatch gets his hair did - in Nothern BC

I'm surprised that this isn't getting more love. Great first effort.

My only criticism is that the big ears look kind of like sea creature or dragon ears. I picture Sasquatch having pinned back ears for some reason...like people. Also, being from BC, I know there are lots of sightings up there but maybe the voters don't see the Canada connection. Just my 2 Canadian cents for what it is worth.

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
Re: Are there penguins in Canada?

This is a RESUB. Sorry this will be the last time. Please if you voted before, vote again!

This WAS proofread

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Canada!

I like this. Great colors!
-Andy

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
sailstud25 wrote:Absolutely, man... I did vote for yours and I hope it stays in the fog, but I'm not gonna try to squeeze it into my sig since it's already fogged and sure to continue getting attention. Good luck!

Thanks very much. I sure do hope it stays in contention... I'd be really happy to have my entry made into a shirt for the first time.

daedalusknight

northcutt wrote:Awesome design! You have my vote.

Thanks so much! :-)

daedalusknight

smithsonia wrote:that story is really sweet. and your shirt is beautiful.

I'm glad you like it. Thanks for your support.

daedalusknight

smithsonia wrote:I own an "asphalt" grey shirt, rather than the usual heather, and it's pretty nice.
/but the black is fine. ^_^

I don't think I've actually seen the asphalt one in person... does anyone have a photo of one? I've seen the heather grey before.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
kylemittskus wrote:I think my gf would want one, would thus want me to vote, I thus did. Thus.

Voted thusly? How wonderful!

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
PemberDucky wrote:Your FACE looks like a porcupine!
BURN.

Your face doesn't actually look like a porcupine.

Could be worse.. Could be your face looks like beaver...

Congrats on your placement this week Spryte!!

Go beaver go!

easeandgrace

Re: Skating on the Rideau Canal

I like it. I think anyone who knows what the Rideau Canal is would think it's about Canada. It's winter themed, which of course makes it about Canada! I like the artwork. Very nice.

daedalusknight

jimiyo wrote:aw man, for a second i thought this was a hilarious goalie mask with blood splatter on it. but woe, its a maple leaf...

I think we can interpret it as blood splattered in the shape of a maple leaf, if we want. :-)

daedalusknight

Calvin888MEN wrote:Faith restored in Woot derby shirts!!! Thanks for this design; though, I will have to put it away for Autumn in Nor-Cal

Thanks so much. It's defintiely got more of an autumn vibe to it.

mikectc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikectc
Re: Mountie

I assume the plan is to sell this on Tuesday along with the mounter shirt. As I write this I think perhaps this comment is in poor taste.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

mikectc

Re: Wearable Temperature Converter

Man I could have used this t shirt in chemistry class back in HS. Too late now but got my vote anyway.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

Very cute! And it gets the anthem's melody stuck in my head.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
klswoot wrote:Apologies to Cheese for submitting an entry that looks similar to hers. (Never saw this one.) I didn't start creating my entries until this morning as I was out of town since Wednesday. Took a quick look at the top 7, but didn't look at any entries past that. If folks feel my entry is too similar to Cheese's, I'm happy to remove it. But, it wasn't intentional. Just did a design that was inspired by a reaction to the theme that is fairly common with regard to an American's view of Canada's anthem.

Sorry again Cheese. It wasn't intentional.

No biggie, really. Besides, you are too nice to be mad at!

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Josephus wrote:
you just never know who's going to show up in a woot t-shirt. potentially.

It took me 12 hours to realize that he is sporting this very handsome bear on his shirt.

cheesesandwich

AdderXYU wrote:Again, I don't know how I didn't see this before... very witty, and love the musical attention to detail. The annoying part of me (Adder has an annoying part? Gasp!) would probably prefer an ending bar, but it's still highly witty. Now, if only it had Rule Brittania on it... that's where MY girlfriend resides, and I'm sure she'd love to have a shirt like this. Seriously. Tally ho pip pip?

Why do you keep ignoring my designs this week? just kidding. Thanks for the comment.

cheesesandwich

eyeslikesugar wrote:Very cute! And it gets the anthem's melody stuck in my head.

Thanks. The song has been in my head since thursday afternoon!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
cheesesandwich wrote:No biggie, really. Besides, you are too nice to be mad at!

Thanks Cheese!!

mikectc

Re: Maple Print

I really like the red dots that look like an artifact of printing or being stamped inside the leaves. Very nice.