chunk1085

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunk1085
Re: Northern Lights (Take II)

Like the design but reminds me of a Coca-Cola ad.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
artulo wrote:I appreciate your enthusiasm!! Thanks so much!

Bienvenue. You're welcome.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
mihalis aya wrote:Noo! I was happy with fourth! Back into the fog, please!

I've been surprised by the ups and downs of this derby... maybe I shouldn't be, but there seem to have been an unusal number of out-of-nowhere responses.

Having looked at who's been in "new hotness" I get the feeling that I'm, sadly, in fourth now and might be the next one out of the fog if I don't get some more support soon. I could be wrong, though. Hopefully I'm in third or better right now. Gosh, the not knowing is really tough. On the one hand people have been amazingly supportive of my design, and I'm really happy to have reached so many people. On the other hand, the other three shirts came into the fog almost at rocket speed.

At any rate, I wish you luck and maybe at least one of us will get printed.

Here's hoping for another pair of tie scores so we get five shirts again. :-)

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
daedalusknight wrote:At any rate, I wish you luck and maybe at least one of us will get printed.

Here's hoping for another pair of tie scores so we get five shirts again. :-)

I hope one of us gets a print. You've been incredibly nice. I can think of noone I would rather be tied with!

daedalusknight

mihalis aya wrote:I hope one of us gets a print. You've been incredibly nice. I can think of noone I would rather be tied with!

Why thank you. You've been an extremely nice person too. Refreshing, isn't it, to not have catfighting amongst close competitors?

Actually, I think what Woot should do (regardless of the votes) is offer the two "leaf motif" shirts for the price of one, northern lights and yours together (they're both bottom of the shirt designs and will work well for people who don't tuck their shirts in :-), and then the periodic table and whomever places sixth (which looks like it will soon be "Get Busy" (no offense to Shigwarm, but the kid is gaining on you fast). Since they're both light colored shirts, it'll be a great two-for.

What do you say, Woot? How about a six-shirt special to welcome our friends from the north (and stretch that American dollar) ? I bet you'd get a ton of people who would buy all six just to thank you. ;-)

mihalis aya

enin wrote:you got me thinking......

ends up not working so well

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e284/eninproductions/canadashirtolive.jpg

I like this one so much more. I'd actually probably buy it on the olive. Alas!

mihalis aya

daedalusknight wrote:What do you say, Woot? How about a six-shirt special to welcome our friends from the north (and stretch that American dollar) ? I bet you'd get a ton of people who would buy all six just to thank you. ;-)

I'd totally buy all three sets. I'd even pay $15 for them! Terribly clever of you, I think.

daedalusknight

mihalis aya wrote:I'd totally buy all three sets. I'd even pay $15 for them! Terribly clever of you, I think.

Why, thank you.

And, yes, totally worth $15 a set.

shawnathon86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawnathon86
Re: canadARM

WOW....FRIKKIN GREAT!!

mihalis aya

Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

Et pour ces nouveaux wooters canadiens qui parle français, j'e voudrais vous demander de plaire le vote, et encourager vos amis et votre famille pour voter.

aidenb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aidenb
Re: Sasquatch gets his hair did - in Nothern BC

He looks like the dragon, Smaug, in the animated movie, The Hobit.

daedalusknight

mihalis aya wrote:Et pour ces nouveaux wooters canadiens qui parle français, j'e voudrais vous demander de plaire le vote, et encourager vos amis et votre famille pour voter.

Do any of them have the ability to vote yet? I guess if they were able to start buying on Friday, they should be able to vote now, though they may not have gotten their first shirts as of yet.

daedalusknight

daedalusknight wrote:Do any of them have the ability to vote yet? I guess if they were able to start buying on Friday, they should be able to vote now, though they may not have gotten their first shirts as of yet.

Oops... did I just out myself as able to read some French? :-)

mihalis aya

daedalusknight wrote:Oops... did I just out myself as able to read some French? :-)

Yes. Did I just out myself as being able to write it in the first place?

I figure some of them might. I know a few Aussies with active accounts. They ship the shirts to US friends and when they have a full flat-rate envelope it gets sent along.

daedalusknight

mihalis aya wrote:Yes. Did I just out myself as being able to write it in the first place?

I figure some of them might. I know a few Aussies with active accounts. They ship the shirts to US friends and when they have a full flat-rate envelope it gets sent along.

Like I said, I've got relatives up north. Couldn't help but pick up some French here and there.

That's pretty clever of those Aussie folk. I wonder if we'll have a derby for them...

LadyChic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyChic
Re: Canada is better!

I'd make the same shirt for Mc Cain and Obama too and this derby can be sort of a presidential poll.

=+D

daedalusknight

LadyChic wrote:I'd make the same shirt for Mc Cain and Obama too and this derby can be sort of a presidential poll.

=+D

I'd imagine we'd have a political derby sometime around October, so as to get people their election shirts before November. Then we can let Wooters decide who wins. :-)

mjc613

daedalusknight wrote:Oops... did I just out myself as able to read some French? :-)

C'est ne fait rien. Si quelqu'un achete quelque chose du woot maintenant, il peut voter dans cette derby.
As soon as you buy something, you can vote. It can be on any woot site.

mjc613

Gost - do you live near Brampton or St. Hubert? I know folks at CSA /ASC and MDR.

rres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rres
Re: Sasquatch gets his hair did - in Nothern BC

is this Smaug?

I can honestly say I never heard of Smaug. That's awesome company to be associated with though- Thanks! =-D

gostwear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gostwear
mjc613 wrote:Gost - do you live near Brampton or St. Hubert? I know folks at CSA /ASC and MDR.

I live in Montreal heh

mjc613

mihalis aya wrote:I hope one of us gets a print. You've been incredibly nice. I can think of noone I would rather be tied with!

Maybe you and daedalus can collaborate. It would be fun to see what you 2 come up with. Bonne Chance aux deux de vous.

daedalusknight

mjc613 wrote:C'est ne fait rien. Si quelqu'un achete quelque chose du woot maintenant, il peut voter dans cette derby.
As soon as you buy something, you can vote. It can be on any woot site.

Trop fort!

Do people still say that or am I hopelessly unhip?

Do people still say "unhip?" :-)

rres

Re: Spirit Island, Alberta

I would never buy a nature shirt that you would find in the National Park gift shop but this...I would buy. You should design shirts for Park Gift Shops. Their sales would go through the roof.

mjc613

gostwear wrote:I live in Montreal heh

Eh? Mon amie a habite'e en Beloeil pres de vous. Congratulations on Dextre becoming part of the Space Station.

mjc613

rres wrote:I would never buy a nature shirt that you would find in the National Park gift shop but this...I would buy. You should design shirts for Park Gift Shops. Their sales would go through the roof.

I agree. The colors have the quality of a tapestry.

I wonder if I can fit in one more button in my sig?

mjc613

daedalusknight wrote:Trop fort!

Do people still say that or am I hopelessly unhip?

Do people still say "unhip?" :-)

Je ne sais pas! I am clueless about modern slang. I say cool and not cool, and hope that it doesn't date me.

rres

Re: Got Tuque Eh?

What do they call those corny hats with the huge padded and lined ear things hanging down? I'd love to see that on a creature - But in the case of a moose, it would make it even funnier or it would make it bomb.

Never mind...I love it. Don't change a thing.

I will shut up now ;)

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090

that wuz teh funneh awesome shirt

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090

BAHAHAHA thanks for the laugh!

(to the shirt designer and all the comments)

got my vote!!

mjc613

Re: North of the Border

Learn more about the Icon of I-95 at www.pedroland.com

moosiegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosiegirl
Re: Moose In Snow

I would buy this one in an instant! Multiple copies.

Your photography is wonderful, BTW!

bolinskyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bolinskyman

I saw this as a group on Facebook. Is that where you got the idea?

akakin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages akakin
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

Great graphic. this is one of those shirts I'd really like to see in a sweatshirt.

mikectc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikectc
littlejetties wrote:I love seals. Especially baby ones. That club could be for anything. Stickball. Punching a hole in the ice for the little fella to find some fish. You name it.

Protecting the little guy from playground bully baby seals.

becca117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages becca117

Maybe less text... Like taking out all the "Are"'s. That would be my suggestion. Nice idea to start with.

Poppenfresh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Poppenfresh

Thanks for the help, I emailed them my entry, do you think they'll get it in the derby in time? Heres my design...

What do you think?

mihalis aya

Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

Fly high, geese! This is the last shirt I'd want to knock out of the fog accidentally, should I worm my way back in.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Awesome.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
klswoot wrote:WOW! Patch. This is one of your best entries to date. I really like it. Are you using a tablet for designing now? Or, was this a scanned from a sketch. Really great details! Great job!

THanks.. this is hand sketched, and computer colored... i'd need sell another shirt or two to get a tablet.. oh wait.. woot passed up my easter daily (See bear thread) guess i wont be selling ...

ANYway.... vote me up to get more quality work like this one,.. or head over to Tee Jones for the rest of the stuff.. i need to get more past derby failures up on there.