palmettogirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages palmettogirl
Re: Maple Leaves

There is absolutely no reason why this shouldn't be in the fog. I love how it incorporates the maple leaf without making the shirt look too much like fall or winter. This is something that works great for spring, or all year long.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
chunk1085 wrote:Like the design but reminds me of a Coca-Cola ad.

That's not so bad at all, IMO... I love it. GMV!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: The Wild Blue Yonder

Did you mean for this to look for a necklace? Can woot print that close to the neck?

mjc613

Poppenfresh wrote:Thanks for the help, I emailed them my entry, do you think they'll get it in the derby in time? Heres my design...

Help me out here - Are you saying you entered this via e-mail? There is a place to submit derby entries on the top of the Derby page: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Default.aspx?sort=votes
If you used that, it should show up fairly quickly.

E-mail can be used for dailies, but they won't get to them right away.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
becca117 wrote:Maybe less text... Like taking out all the "Are"'s. That would be my suggestion. Nice idea to start with.

I wanted the "are's" to sound like the honking noises of the birds. You know how loud they can be when the fly overhead. So, I wanted to play on the noises they make and what the goslings might actually be saying to their parents.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
mjc613 wrote:Je ne sais pas! I am clueless about modern slang. I say cool and not cool, and hope that it doesn't date me.

It doesn't. Cool and uncool are still cool, as far as I know*.

*Disclaimer: I put big pink flowers on shirts. Do not take any advice from me whatsoever. I would not know cool if it came and slapped me across the face.

mjc613

klswoot wrote:I wanted the "are's" to sound like the honking noises of the birds. You know how loud they can be when the fly overhead. So, I wanted to play on the noises they make and what the goslings might actually be saying to their parents.

I thought of the honking when I saw this - just so you know.

Poppenfresh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Poppenfresh

For some reason I can't submit my stuff using the regular form. The connection "is lost" every time (even when I tried other computers) so someone suggested I emailed it to them so I did. I don't know why I can't do it the regular way but thats why I had to email it. You think they'll get it in time?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Poppenfresh wrote:For some reason I can't submit my stuff using the regular form. The connection "is lost" every time (even when I tried other computers) so someone suggested I emailed it to them so I did. I don't know why I can't do it the regular way but thats why I had to email it. You think they'll get it in time?

Try not sending the print page, just the detail image and the shirt placement image. and don't dawdle while you are filling out the form- It doesn't "like that, it says I'm gonna get that boy"
once you've opened the submission page, go straight through it, without any delays, and don't submit a print-ready form, click on the 'I agree to the legaleze', and submit.

If it won't work after that, then you have something else weird going on.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

What could be better than a shirt fit for spring? The spring equinox is on the 20th of March this year. Why cling to winter? Spring is here!

Disclaimer: Shirt contains no actual pollen, until you go and rub yourself up against pollenating plants. May cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to pink or purple. Macho coffee and/or beer is prescribed to help alleviate symptoms. Some people may find that this shirt gets them the ladies and/or hot young studs. This is a normal reaction; only contact your doctor if the problem persists when wearing other shirts.

erinlein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erinlein
Re: Sasquatch gets his hair did - in Nothern BC

love it love it love it! I would buy 5.

maybe people arent voting because its on creme and there's been a lot of silly complaining about that lately. i'm fair skinned and it looks awesome on me. oh well.

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

I had similar experiences growing up in the US and visiting relatives in Canada, and remembering how vibrant the colors were and how clean and clear everything seemed to look. Great colors and design....you've got my vote.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

An arm with a space shuttle attached to it - genius.

jenniem2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenniem2000
mihalis aya wrote:What could be better than a shirt fit for spring? The spring equinox is on the 20th of March this year. Why cling to winter? Spring is here!

Disclaimer: Shirt contains no actual pollen, until you go and rub yourself up against pollenating plants. May cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to pink or purple. Macho coffee and/or beer is prescribed to help alleviate symptoms. Some people may find that this shirt gets them the ladies and/or hot young studs. This is a normal reaction; only contact your doctor if the problem persists when wearing other shirts.

Ha! Thanks for clearing that up, I will abort my planned Zyrtec run and get ready to be showered with studly attention. Beautiful design, thanks for sharing it!

laborspy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laborspy
mjpupillo wrote:Woo hoo! First time in the Hotness!

mjpupillo check your private messages

goto
-the community
-click on "private messages" on the top

Torvik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Torvik
Re: Sugaring Off

How has this one not been rejected yet?? O_o

mehron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mehron
Shigwarm wrote:I'm so happy this shirt is finaly getting the attention it deserves! Hopefully people will keep voting so it gets printed!

I concur.

It has a little way to go--keeping my fingers crossed.

JDFive0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JDFive0
Re: Get Busy

You got My Vote!!! Great T-Shirt Design!!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

laborspy wrote:twallis check your private messages

goto
-the community
-click on "private messages"

And twalis, I've had complaints that this is some kind of advertising. PM me if it is.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
Re: Canadian Polar Bears

Many thanks for all who voted for this shirt! now it's my TOP vote getter!

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Re: Canadian Periodic Table

So Adder's post yesterday about rob's patented "steal stuff from threadless/unatee=profit!" was deleted, but I can't believe the audacity of his attempt to profit from yet another blatant Threadless ripoff:

The guy is shameless, and it's really starting to bother a lot of people here - including many of the best designers who don't even see the point of contributing here when theft is rewarded. Rob does not deserve any praise for this. Every week his designs are found to have eerie similarities to existing shirts. EVERY WEEK. This is just another he saw at threadless and revamped in a few minutes for woot. And he continues to profit from it - which is just grossly unfair to those designers who put time, energy, THOUGHT and CREATIVITY into their work. I tattled of course, but I would implore everyone to do the same.

And don't say "this is different!" no it's not. yes, that one is food/drink - but come on - it's the same damned shirt. And robglenn has shown repeatedly that he simply doesn't care - because he gets away with it. It has to stop, and if woot hopes to have any integrity as a shirt vendor, they need to address this issue of blatant copies and clipart shirts being allowed just because they are slightly altered from the original they are taken from. If not, say goodbye to edgar, jimi, cho, and other excellent designers who simply won't continue to try and compete with fraudulent entries that are consistently rewarded. It's despicable.

nycanuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck
Re: Maple Print

Let's get more votes for this one!

As a Canadian, I love this shirt.

nycanuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck
Re: maple leaf

And this one!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

daedalusknight wrote:Sorry... who was this directed to? Was it me?

Someone with leet forum skillz help me out here... How do we track back on a thread?

It wasn't. If you click reply to the comment it usually shows the entry number in the title. You can open an entry window and change the number to find out what entry.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

KeichanMew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KeichanMew
Re: Canadian Periodic Table

Thats really clever =D

O(^.^)>--;--@ ~Katy~ @--;--<(^.^)O

I'm alright in bed but I'm better with a pen.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daedalusknight
mjc613 wrote:Maybe you and daedalus can collaborate. It would be fun to see what you 2 come up with. Bonne Chance aux deux de vous.

I have absolutely no idea how that would be worked out, logistically, but am not opposed to that idea on principle.

daedalusknight

mjc613 wrote:Je ne sais pas! I am clueless about modern slang. I say cool and not cool, and hope that it doesn't date me.

Groovy, man. :-)

daedalusknight

rres wrote:What do they call those corny hats with the huge padded and lined ear things hanging down? I'd love to see that on a creature -

Do you mean hunter's caps?

http://www.uptowncountryshop.com/images/graphics/plaidhuntingcap.jpg

mjc613

brizz wrote:So Adder's post yesterday about rob's patented "steal stuff from threadless/unatee=profit!" was deleted, but I can't believe the audacity of his attempt to profit from yet another blatant Threadless ripoff:

etc..

I didn't vote for this, because I just couldn't believe that he could come up with this in only 24 hours. I didn't know what his source was, but he now has an reputation for unoriginal work. I didn't vote for his line art entry for that reason. After the fiasco with the blatant copy of the squid woodcut, he is more careful about what he uses as "inspiration", but he lost my trust.

Since this is not a direct copy of the Alcohol Periodic Table, woot probably won't reject it. It may even print. But little by little, people will figure Rob out, and he will get fewer shirts in the fog.

daedalusknight

akakin wrote:Great graphic. this is one of those shirts I'd really like to see in a sweatshirt.

Why, thank you. Yes, this would be a great sweatshit image. Maybe Woot will diversify and offer sweatshirts one day... or even long sleeve t-shirts.

daedalusknight

mihalis aya wrote:Fly high, geese! This is the last shirt I'd want to knock out of the fog accidentally, should I worm my way back in.

Thanks for the sentiment. With any luck people will keep voting for both our shirts and it won't be a problem. :-)

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
brizz wrote:So Adder's post yesterday about rob's patented "steal stuff from threadless/unatee=profit!" was deleted, but I can't believe the audacity of his attempt to profit from yet another blatant Threadless ripoff:

The guy is shameless, and it's really starting to bother a lot of people here - including many of the best designers who don't even see the point of contributing here when theft is rewarded. Rob does not deserve any praise for this. Every week his designs are found to have eerie similarities to existing shirts. EVERY WEEK. This is just another he saw at threadless and revamped in a few minutes for woot. And he continues to profit from it - which is just grossly unfair to those designers who put time, energy, THOUGHT and CREATIVITY into their work. I tattled of course, but I would implore everyone to do the same.

And don't say "this is different!" no it's not. yes, that one is food/drink - but come on - it's the same damned shirt. And robglenn has shown repeatedly that he simply doesn't care - because he gets away with it. It has to stop, and if woot hopes to have any integrity as a shirt vendor, they need to get rid of hacks like rob. If not, say goodbye to edgar, jimi, cho, and other excellent designers who simply won't continue to try and compete with fraudulent entries that are consistently rewarded. It's despicable.

There have been several other similar periodic table posters and t-shirts in stores over the years. I figured Rob's was different enough to escape rejection.

((Don't ever say goodbye to Edgar!))

daedalusknight

Josephus wrote:Try not sending the print page, just the detail image and the shirt placement image. and don't dawdle while you are filling out the form- It doesn't "like that, it says I'm gonna get that boy"
once you've opened the submission page, go straight through it, without any delays, and don't submit a print-ready form, click on the 'I agree to the legaleze', and submit.

If it won't work after that, then you have something else weird going on.

What word did you use that made the filter replace it with some lyrics from "Rocky Racoon" ?

daedalusknight

surflunesta wrote:I had similar experiences growing up in the US and visiting relatives in Canada, and remembering how vibrant the colors were and how clean and clear everything seemed to look. Great colors and design....you've got my vote.

I'm really pleased that my design struck a chord with you. I hope I manage to get this shirt made so that all you great people can get the shirt you want. Thanks for your vote!

OpenDesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OpenDesign

I feel kind of bad knocking you out of the fog... this is a great design!

At least there are two days of voting left!

daedalusknight

superspryte wrote:It wasn't. If you click reply to the comment it usually shows the entry number in the title. You can open an entry window and change the number to find out what entry.

Got it. Thanks for the help!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Poppenfresh wrote:For some reason I can't submit my stuff using the regular form. The connection "is lost" every time (even when I tried other computers) so someone suggested I emailed it to them so I did. I don't know why I can't do it the regular way but thats why I had to email it. You think they'll get it in time?

Submit it without the print-ready. What I posted was a three-step process. ^_~

daedalusknight

brizz wrote:The guy is shameless, and it's really starting to bother a lot of people here - including many of the best designers who don't even see the point of contributing here when theft is rewarded. Rob does not deserve any praise for this. Every week his designs are found to have eerie similarities to existing shirts. EVERY WEEK. This is just another he saw at threadless and revamped in a few minutes for woot. And he continues to profit from it - which is just grossly unfair to those designers who put time, energy, THOUGHT and CREATIVITY into their work. I tattled of course, but I would implore everyone to do the same.

Academic question:

Has anyone ever been de-fogged because people started using the "take it back" button? I wonder if negative publicity can have that kind of impact on a shirt, regardless of whether Woot decides to reject it or not. This is a tough call here and Woot may decide that the shirt is sufficiently different than the original shirt, but would voters ever take the decision out of Woot's hands by canceling their votes?

Just curious.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

brizz wrote:*stuff*

Calling to "get rid of" someone is rude, regardless of what he has or hasn't done. I'm asking that you consider rewording to make this post less rude. Your opinion is valid but you need to be courteous.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

daedalusknight wrote:Academic question:

Has anyone ever been de-fogged because people started using the "take it back" button? I wonder if negative publicity can have that kind of impact on a shirt, regardless of whether Woot decides to reject it or not. This is a tough call here and Woot may decide that the shirt is sufficiently different than the original shirt, but would voters ever take the decision out of Woot's hands by canceling their votes?

Just curious.

Yes.