dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
Patchitect wrote:I've never seen a Plam Tree either...

I think there might be a joke in there somewhere... or a hidden message, like the arm coming out of the Space Shuttle...

This is quite thought provoking... now I'm never gonna get to sleep tonight.

I wish I had some Canadian friends to let me in on it...

anarchyvirus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anarchyvirus
Re: Rating Canada

Fantastic! Finally something other than leaves and beavers.

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall
smithsonia wrote:wow. I loved this movie as a child-- thanks for the flashback!
great homage.

You're welcome, thx for the vote!

SLaden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SLaden
anarchyvirus wrote:Fantastic! Finally something other than leaves and beavers.

Love it! Now do the same shirt in French!

Catjunky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Catjunky

Too bad - I really like it! Do another one - don't give up!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

jimiyo wrote:Ha, Hey, who's that hottie on my shoulder yo? (god, wat a kiss ass i am.)

Bluchez, you are art smart.

I like that you have put our shadows on the ground, and where the cast shadow of my head is.

Do you do celebrity fakes? LawLZ.

LOL. Apparently we are celebrities and vacationing or something. I must've been sloshed because I don't remember it. Do you? Looks like blu's got a thing for me this week...you see my pink hair one?

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
SLaden wrote:Love it! Now do the same shirt in French!

Vous avez raison! I can't think how this label could be created only in English!

p7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p7

What?!?! No Anne Murray?!?! But, but... she's a Canadian treasure!

No Barenaked Ladies? What were you thinking?

No Samantha Bee?

No William Shatner?

No Alanis Morrissette?

Also, #49, Prince Edward Island should not have an "s" on the end. There is only one.

On the other hand, yay Timbits!

Overall, a funny concept.

turkeyfryer35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turkeyfryer35
Re: Canadian Periodic Table

Wow, I can't even comprehend how this got into the fog. This design is not original, creative or funny at all. Anyone who thinks this will look good on a shirt needs to think about it logically for about 2 seconds and take their vote back. I'm not even talking about the accusations of theft, it's just a bad design, and bad designs like this are becoming WAY too common in the fog. Voters need to start actually considering how well a design will work as a shirt before giving their votes to every dumb clipart design that gives them a quick chuckle.

sid3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sid3000
Re: Canadaistan

From Wikipedia:

"In August 2007, Canadian sovereignty in Arctic waters was challenged following a Russian expedition that planted a Russian flag at the seabed at the North Pole. Canada has considered that area to be sovereign territory since 1925."

Maybe the shirt has influence on current affairs revolving Russia? Hence the unique lettering? Nationalism anyone?

abbemis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abbemis
Re: O CANADA!

this is what is wrong with the shirt derby. Its never the best shirts that win its just the shirts that get entered first. I hate everything that is in the fog and love a few shirts that are out. This shirt being one of them. This has been a problem and has even drove away people who are actual artist from this competition. The fog hasn't been good since like Derby 5. This shirt needs to be in the fog!!

Tehh4x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tehh4x

hah, i just got it :-]
backwards it's "Hell" ;D
I can has smart ftw? :-]

mjc613

Re: Hoser Airlines: Take off, eh?

Can you supply either a detailed picture of the plane, or say what colors you used?
The belly of the plane appears to have gradients on my screen, and I'm hoping that's because the colors are close together.

gostwear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gostwear
mjc613 wrote:Eh? Mon amie a habite'e en Beloeil pres de vous. Congratulations on Dextre becoming part of the Space Station.

thanks mjc613,
I know where Beloiil is. and thanks regarding Dextre we try hard.

neonneon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages neonneon
Aberrantic wrote:This shirt would be insanely awkward on a woman. It would be distorted on the chest, and, in order for anyone to read it, they'd have to peer at said woman's chest for several minutes. I just don't see that turning out well.

Uh, I CAN see that turning out well... :-)

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
abbemis wrote:this is what is wrong with the shirt derby. Its never the best shirts that win its just the shirts that get entered first. I hate everything that is in the fog and love a few shirts that are out. This shirt being one of them. This has been a problem and has even drove away people who are actual artist from this competition. The fog hasn't been good since like Derby 5. This shirt needs to be in the fog!!

I'm an art teacher, and before my students enter their work in juried shows I always tell them not to get caught up in other people's opinions. As long as the artist knows it's good work, that's all that matters. Still, it's nice when at least a few other people like it, too, so thanks for your positive feedback- it makes 80th place a little more endurable.

simplypsyko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simplypsyko

amazing. id pay u twice whatever u asked for that shirt.

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
p7 wrote:No William Shatner?

I was gonna do some Canadian animal dressed in a star trek suit with the caption

"Oh, KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANnnnada."

but I figured it was a waste of time.

VietGuhTrippie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VietGuhTrippie

Cute As Heck XD

-Mz|Trippie|Designs

Kerbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kerbs

I like it. I wouled buy this, but not wear it hunting.

Jennifermauldin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jennifermauldin
Re: Seal Clubbin

Faith and Begorrah! That is too funny! I NEED one! Maybe two! Maybe one for all Canadians! Seal clubbers unite and get it goin' on.

mjwii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjwii

Trying for a funny spin on a serious issue. I'm a lot slower than some of these guys so I got this in late, and I just now went through and noticed that several others got rejected for seal clubbing entries. I'm hoping they find this one funny enough to allow through.

dmkooosbc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmkooosbc
Re: Goose Stopper Upper

Cute and fabulous rendering, but I would prefer a smaller image off-center...above where a pocket would be. Just my personal preference.

dmkooosbc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmkooosbc
Re: Moose In Snow

I think your choice of colors and placement is perfect!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

VietGuhTrippie wrote:Cute As Heck XD

Thanks! Tell all your friends! ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
mjc613 wrote:Did you mean for this to look for a necklace? Can woot print that close to the neck?

I can hope... but really, as long as the lead goose doesn't go below the twin peaks, i'm fine with where they print it.

I'm not one of those ultra anal gotta have it exactly the way i designed it kinda guys..
just show me da moneh!

mpturkey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mpturkey
JadenKale wrote:It's not the same. Yes, a moose playing hockey, but it's not the same. And I find it rude that you put a 'buy it now' in my thread. I drew this from scratch and that would be like telling anyone who does a moose, or refers to hockey or does a leaf, that it's been done before and needs to be removed. My design is original and I have the sketch to prove it.

I agree with you Jaden. In looking through these designs there are only a few that I would wear. This would have been one of them. If woot is going to apply the rule that you used another shirt to get an idea then they need to reject the Periodic table. Dmitri Mendeleev designed / developed that years ago so I would consider that a knock off as well.

easeandgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
daedalusknight wrote:Oh man... this is getting to be nail biting time... with less than two days left to vote, I'm back in the fog and back in the "new hotness," but will this spunky little contender have what it takes to go the distance and make it to third place in time to be printed? It's going to be a real tough challenge, but I hope I can really shine through here (no pun intended).

Keeping my fingers crossed for your shirt to win/place. I think this design is a class act and I want one!

Also like your name - I'm a Stargate fan from way back. :-)

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
jimiyo wrote:I was gonna do some Canadian animal dressed in a star trek suit with the caption

"Oh, KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANnnnada."

but I figured it was a waste of time.

I'd still like to see that!

mjc613

sid3000 wrote:From Wikipedia:

"In August 2007, Canadian sovereignty in Arctic waters was challenged following a Russian expedition that planted a Russian flag at the seabed at the North Pole. Canada has considered that area to be sovereign territory since 1925."

Maybe the shirt has influence on current affairs revolving Russia? Hence the unique lettering? Nationalism anyone?

We tried to get that answer earlier, the designer remains mute. The ending "Istan" has nothing to do with Russian, by the way, but I can't be positive if the designer knew that.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
haxrox wrote:Here's the weird thing, though: some contractions have multiple meanings. "He'd been there before" and "He'd do the dishes later" translate to he had and he would, respectively. So even as a "y'all" speakin' Texan, I see merit in both versions. Maybe we could compromise with a lolcat "yawl".

In any case, GMV darth. I had the hardest time explaining to my wife why Alaska was saying "l o l". How do you explain years of memes and inside internet jokes in one sitting? I guess I could start with the "Mario Twins."

Ha! I am digging Yawl! Thanks! and thanks for the cool link as well!

nineteenten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nineteenten
laughdavid1 wrote:
" if your stupid enough to call yourself an "American"."

If you're going to say that others are stupid, please learn the appropriate uses of "your" and "you're".

mjc613

Re: Northern Night

This is FANTABULOUS!!!! I wish this could have been entered earlier, since I doubt this will make the top 20 in the time allowed. This is wearable and beautiful and deserves to be seen.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: Northern Night

I really like this one. I was wondering if someone was going to do this style!

mjc613

Since the title is a pun and there is no club for hitting things in the picture, you should be safe.

That being said, I should add 2 things:
1- this was my opinion. Woot can and often does think differently.
2- the later it gets in the derby, the fewer times woot makes rejections, since the woot staff is getting ready to put the winners on shirts.

lady31bugg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lady31bugg
mihalis aya wrote:I love you and would actually give you hugs! If I knew you. And if we lived near each other. And if you don't smell. But people who vote for me, by default, do NOT smell.

Ha ha, that gave me a good laugh, and good news, I do not smell! Good Luck in the next two days, I hope you are top three 'cause I want to wear your shirt too! =)

limepez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limepez
Re: hoser.

Kind of reminds me of the new Stephen Malkmus album.

mjc613

Re: maple

Woot ran a similar shirt in the Winter derby. Yours is different, but I wanted you to be warned.
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=7590

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: It's All About the Bacon

mollib wrote:Oh my god, I want this pig!!

Thanks Molli! Please PM me and I'll let you know when the 60 day hold is up on the design. I'll try to offer it for sale elsewhere if you are interested.

Thanks again!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
easeandgrace wrote:Keeping my fingers crossed for your shirt to win/place. I think this design is a class act and I want one!

Also like your name - I'm a Stargate fan from way back. :-)

Thanks so much for your support... things are super close and I need every vote I can get if this shirt is going to make it to printing. I'm hoping I can slide up into third place just under the wire and make a lot of great supporters happy. :-)