brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
kylemittskus wrote:Why the hell did you put that red thing at the bottom? I would vote for it except for your narcissistic need to have your name on it.

yep....the design is fabulous. the signature is atrocious - and so bleepingly obvious it's amazing. I would buy this shirt without a second thought were it not for the red box sig.

You really need to get over this need to include that. really.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
snarkygal wrote:I guess the discussion last time this person entered the Derby did not sink in. People told him/her that the signature chop takes away from designs. And last time it was not quite as apparent, but this time it sticks out like a sore thumb and totally ruins the design. For that very reason, I would NOT consider voting for this design.

wow, snarky, that was pretty snarky, but I agree.

rogueangel, I recall a lot of your explanations and view, but I'm afraid you're not going to win over a lot of wooters with bright chops that don't even try to blend in. I personally didn't mind the one on the leap year dragon; it was a pretty awesome design, but this is a little bit of an eyesore on an otherwise really neat design. Good luck in the future.

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox
superspryte wrote:My friend from Montreal says they're still swimming in the lake at -40, hehe. Then again, in the same joke she said that finally when the world gets to 0 Kelvin the people of Montreal will decide it's getting cool enough to put on a jacket. ^_~

Ha! Crazy to think that even light waves/particles freeze at that temperature. My aunt lives in Ottawa, and she talks aboot shoveling six feet of snow like it's nothing. Good bit 'o trivia: -40 is the same temp in Celsius and Fahrenheit.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
linylou wrote:Glad to see this back in the fog! I would actually wear this one.

And I would love for you to get that chance. I'm estimated in fourth right now, but not too far off (40-50 votes) to slide into third. I hate pandering like this, but I would really love any votes anyone can spare.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
sailstud25 wrote:Yeah, your cartoons are well done... don't lose heart in them.
I'm afraid I didn't quite get the equation though. Better luck next time!

It was supposed to be "take england and france, put them together, and you get Canada). IE- the fermentation for the tea, the yeast from the croissant, put em together to get beer.

Or, just a slew of stereotypes... I'm flexible..

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
mihalis aya wrote:And I would love for you to get that chance. I'm estimated in fourth right now, but not too far off (40-50 votes) to slide into third. I hate pandering like this, but I would really love any votes anyone can spare.

Man... Derbystats puts me at only three behind you at the moment. I'm guessing there's no way we can both make it, is there?

bct74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bct74
ejseader wrote:This is a resubmit.

You should lose the question mark - make it a declarative statement:
"Take off, eh."

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: Maple Leaves

looks like this one won't swing enough votes.
I am bummed. Lots of great things going on in this contest, but I really liked this one.

Hazelnuts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hazelnuts
mjc613 wrote:The countries that end in "istan" are not Communist. Some countries were part of the former Soviet Union now have names with "istan" at the end, but that is to show that they are now free to express themselves and their religion, not because of their politics.

i know, this shirt really means nothing. canada was a hard theme. looking forward to the new theme tomorrow

RobertStumbaugh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobertStumbaugh
mihalis aya wrote:And I would love for you to get that chance. I'm estimated in fourth right now, but not too far off (40-50 votes) to slide into third. I hate pandering like this, but I would really love any votes anyone can spare.

i wouldn't wear any of the shirts in the fog but voted for this cause i think its the best one.

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
daedalusknight wrote:I know... I was joking. That's my fault, I punctuate things with smiley faces so often that people can't tell when I'm joking.

Not that I have anything against flying penguins. They're good people... erm... waterfowl.

I thought that the citizens of the internet unanimously agreed that a winking smiley was the universal indicator for sarcasm. ;)

VOTE!

micromarcie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micromarcie
Re: Heading North - Stop Bothering your Father!

This shirt made me laugh out loud. Good job!

daedalusknight

yeeter wrote:I thought that the citizens of the internet unanimously agreed that a winking smiley was the universal indicator for sarcasm. ;)

I clearly need to be more sleective in my smiley placement. If the winking smiley is sarcasm, what do we use for a sly, sexxy wink?

Edit: Apparantly the word s-e-x-y (without hyphens) gets replaced with "my pants are too tight?" by the filter. Fancy that.

micromarcie

Re: Mmmm...pancakes

very subtle. I like it.

micromarcie

Re: Canadian Blue Hare (le Lapin bleu)

he looks sorta cracked out. but i like him. ;)

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Rorschach's Canada

Thanks guys, y'all rock ;-)

Check out my blog:Here!

micromarcie

Re: O CANADA!

I love the beaver that the guy is holding in the air. Too good. :D

micromarcie

Re: O CANADA!

I love the beaver that the guy is holding in the air. Too good. :D

mihalis aya

daedalusknight wrote:Man... Derbystats puts me at only three behind you at the moment. I'm guessing there's no way we can both make it, is there?

Unless one in the fog gets rejected and we tie? I don't think so. I'm excited to see the theme tomorrow--maybe we can work out a collaboration after all.

catvet6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catvet6
dasmonkeyboy wrote:2008 Seal Hunt begins in 6 days... say something

http://www.hsus.org/protect_seals.html

Thanks, I'm signing too

daedalusknight

mihalis aya wrote:Unless one in the fog gets rejected and we tie? I don't think so. I'm excited to see the theme tomorrow--maybe we can work out a collaboration after all.

Sigh. Maybe we'll get a second chance derby?

Or someone on high will feel really generous and print shirts 1 through 5?

If it's going to be a winter into fall one, I've already got an idea where we could each draw half the image and fit them together. :-)

micromarcie

Re: Niagara Falls - Pucker Style!

is he flippin' the bird?

mihalis aya

RobertStumbaugh wrote:i wouldn't wear any of the shirts in the fog but voted for this cause i think its the best one.

Well, thank you anyway! You should give it a chance--I think some guys are afraid of the colour, but it really should be wearable for either gender.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
daedalusknight wrote:Hehehe... these are hilarious, especially that last one. And when you reply to the message you see the original words, not the filter text. :-)

Some of them make perfect sense to filter on any forum. Others woot has had to filter to get people to stop posting spam. But I have yet to figure out why there is a filter for N-a-z-i. Must be some weird history there.

mjc613

micromarcie wrote:is he flippin' the bird?

It's possible, but I thought he was saying that his team is No.1.

daedalusknight

mjc613 wrote:Some of them make perfect sense to filter on any forum. Others woot has had to filter to get people to stop posting spam. But I have yet to figure out why there is a filter for N-a-z-i. Must be some weird history there.

I wonder why they had to filter that popular item... wouldn't it help promote that item?

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
snarkygal wrote:I guess the discussion last time this person entered the Derby did not sink in. People told him/her that the signature chop takes away from designs. And last time it was not quite as apparent, but this time it sticks out like a sore thumb and totally ruins the design. For that very reason, I would NOT consider voting for this design.

Wow, they don't call you snarkygal for nothing, ;)

Seriously, though, I don't think the chop is a bad thing.

It doesn't bother me at all. Heck, we have so much ugliness on woot that it can get repetitive. The artist puts a sig on their design. Big deal.

The last few days have been horrible. I mean just fugalicious. That two legged sheep, the easter bear, tonights heads, the foo foo/ren & stimp rip off. I mean the list is endless. Random shirt offs are like waiting for a cancerous polyp to come in the mail. Joy.

Oh wait, was that snarky? I guess it was.

call me snarkycakes.

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
mjc613 wrote:Filters -

You may want to edit your post. People have gotten probation for bypassing the expletive filters.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

sid3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sid3000

I would just buy this shirt for the sake of ambiguity. I would enjoy the questions and comments I would get from wearing it on a regular basis.

daedalusknight

jimiyo wrote:pancakes. = Male Bovine Feces

Hokey smokes... so you're saying that all this talk about pancake shirts has really been about the name of Penn and Teller's show on Showtime? :-)

Figit090

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Figit090

Thanks! that makes me happy.

My work is done.

geoffreysteinman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages geoffreysteinman
galleywest wrote:If this doesn't win it's a CRIME.

i must have this shirt.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

CpprCr8 wrote:Go Go, Spryte! I'm trying to rally the wine.wooters to your cause!

-cj

Ahaha, thanks! Just don't get me into trouble somehow, okay? ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mjc613 wrote:Spryte, I am grovelling and begging for forgiveness. Although I do not know how, I overlooked your Dorchester MountieBeaver when I wrote that KidG's was the only beaver entry to suvive the rejectionator. It has survived beautifully, and needs more votes. I hope you reach 300 tonight!

Hehe, thanks, that's really kind of you. No groveling needed though. ^_^ In fact, I'm kind of embarrassed... ^_^;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

haxrox wrote:Ha! Crazy to think that even light waves/particles freeze at that temperature. My aunt lives in Ottawa, and she talks aboot shoveling six feet of snow like it's nothing. Good bit 'o trivia: -40 is the same temp in Celsius and Fahrenheit.

Re: trivia

Hence why I chose it. ^_~

llonvent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llonvent
mjc613 wrote:Truly Laughed Out Loud when I read this. In fact, I almost fell out of my chair....

I laughed out loud as well. You got my vote, highgrassfarm. As a matter of fact, I would be truly tickled pink if this placed. The description by woot would be priceless.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
mpturkey wrote:I agree with you Jaden. In looking through these designs there are only a few that I would wear. This would have been one of them. If woot is going to apply the rule that you used another shirt to get an idea then they need to reject the Periodic table. Dmitri Mendeleev designed / developed that years ago so I would consider that a knock off as well.

Seattlejo wrote:Agreed, I've also seen many many shirts with polar bears and maple leaves, so how can the shirts in the fog not be rejected?

I loved this shirt.

Thanks you two... and to anyone else who was upset by this. I'll probably get this printed on my own once the 60 days are over. I thank you guys for being supportive.

mjc613

easeandgrace wrote:I like it. I think anyone who knows what the Rideau Canal is would think it's about Canada. It's winter themed, which of course makes it about Canada! I like the artwork. Very nice.

Wwithout the title, I would not know it had to do with the Rideau Canal. And to be truthful, except for the "eau" at the end of Rideau, I would not necessarily associate this with Canada. (It could also be associated with Louisiana, but not much outdoor skating happens on ice there.)

Since the people are skating with a bridge in the background, I can surmise that they are skating on a river or canal. Since most rivers in the US do not get cold enough to freeze over, this would be more likely to be Canada. Or the Netherlands.

I did look up the Rideau Canal, and it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and also designated the world's largest Skating Rink. Thanks for posting this entry, or I may have never known this.
http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/bins/ncc_web_content_page.asp?cid=16297-16299-10080&lang=1

marissajared

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marissajared
mihalis aya wrote:I think some guys are afraid of the colour, but it really should be wearable for either gender.

I meant to say the colors are so accurate and perfect it's impressive. Seriously, I get homesick every time I see this design. Man I hope it makes it, I'd buy 3 for sure!

wbmcd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wbmcd
Re: Northern Night

Whether this makes the finals or not . I WANT TO WEAR THIS SHIRT! Fantastic native american symbolism