+ Add a Comment

easeandgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
Bryan818 wrote:Thanks

I voted for this one - it's a very nice design and I like the colors.

Just for future reference, they're called "Canada geese", not "Canadian geese". Some Canadians get a bit prickly about that... so, one would be a Canada goose.

They're a nuisance here, but don't tell anyone.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: Canadian Periodic Table

Great idea for sure, but the randomness of the colors distracts me. The six color rule makes it difficult, but could you have grouped them more aesthetically, or am I missing something significant with the current grouping?

anarchyvirus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anarchyvirus

If you make it a blackshirt w/ red leaves and one white you got my vote.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: hoser.

Umm, I love this!

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
Re: Canadian Goose

Don't worry it wont poop on your shirt!

Please check it out

sigaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
Re: i mapleleaf canada

it's a fine design, but i'm pretty sure that this design exists on lots of other shirts...

easeandgrace

daedalusknight wrote:I hope everyone likes this one... It kind of has a personal meaning and I'm not sure it'll resonate with everyone. Back when I was a kid my family and I would occasioanlly head up to Canada to visit my mother's relatives. We would usually go in the early fall when the leaves were all turning and the loons and Canadian gese were all in flight... headed south I guess. My mom's not with us anymore but I still remember the way she loved the changing colors of the leaves and the sight of those birds in flight. I wanted to pay homage to that with this shirt; I call it Lake Ontario Sunset. Please let me know if you like it. Thanks!

This is a very beautiful shirt. Your story makes it more so.

anarchyvirus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anarchyvirus

I leave canada?

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
easeandgrace wrote:I voted for this one - it's a very nice design and I like the colors.

Just for future reference, they're called "Canada geese", not "Canadian geese". Some Canadians get a bit prickly about that... so, one would be a Canada goose.

They're a nuisance here, but don't tell anyone.

oops... The file name is actually canada goose

Please check it out

easeandgrace

sigaru wrote:it's a fine design, but i'm pretty sure that this design exists on lots of other shirts...

Clever, substituting the maple leaf for the usual heart. A nice update on an old theme.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
RobertStumbaugh wrote:Yeah I'll keep trying. I really thought I had something special this week with my superman/canadian flag design. Click on it and give me some constructive criticism if you have the chance.

again, cool shirt

Thanks for the compliment. I wish I knew what the voters liked. I really thought that my designs last week would have done well, but they were in the low 100s by rank at the end of the week. I find that when I do a shirt I really love, it tends to do well with the voters. My single print so far was a design I loved, and I'm really happy with this one, too.

I think there are a lot of 20 year old guys buying, but I'm not sure they're all voting.

twallis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twallis
sigaru wrote:it's a fine design, but i'm pretty sure that this design exists on lots of other shirts...

Fiddlesticks. Never thought to look.

markzero

quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero
ansharp wrote:Great idea for sure, but the randomness of the colors distracts me. The six color rule makes it difficult, but could you have grouped them more aesthetically, or am I missing something significant with the current grouping?

The randomness of the NUMBERS didn't bother you?

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
derekfilley wrote:i'm open to a collab with anyone who is a better artist/more creative/more attractive physically than me.

A lot of you fufill those first two... ;-)

I'm good for the last one. Let's do it.

Atherton5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atherton5
samwaltzjunk wrote:Ummm... considering Mexico is part of North America, it certainly deserves a section. Check out the flag for NAFTA at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAFTA

No way, mine's way better. If you can't tell, the "made in" tag (hecho en) represents Mexico. Obviously some political inference in play here. Besides, if this shirt wins, you have to pay in AmEros. (am-air-ohs).

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
Re: Get Busy

I agree with everyone else, this design is very cool. It's adorable, clever, and drawn very well.
Je ne parle pas français, mais je l'aime.

easeandgrace

jdenzer wrote:I had this exact idea last night. I'm glad to see someone did it

So many clever ideas coming out! I like this one - it reminds me of the t-shirts with a tuxedo image on them that guys wore at my high school years ago.

dufaultm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dufaultm

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
kwilder wrote:Strange Brew was a great movie. I am still hoping someone will throw in a "steamroller" reference into a shirt. But this is great!

Ha!

galligator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galligator
dufaultm wrote:(hee hee was in response to this)

I'd want to LEAF canada too. Oh man.

ttdesigns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ttdesigns
Re: Beaver Mountie

Your Best work yet
I will always vote for beavers

easeandgrace

Re: Hockey, eh?

Ahhh, Canada is one big hockey rink. I get it now. Good one.

ferndale248

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferndale248
Re: CURRRLING

I love it!

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
cdncarlie wrote:there's so many other elements you could add, i wish you could have made the entire table....but i imagine it'd be pretty hard to come up with that many references(even as a fellow Cananuk I can't think of that many unless you add in all the different kinds of Canadian beer) great idea btw! ;-)

The omitted bottom two rows should have been all canadian beers ;-)

Check out my blog:Here!

galligator

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
SailorButterfly wrote:Aww...I couldn't wear this on a shirt, it would look like I was advocating the act.

The sarcasm filter in Photoshop wasn't working correctly...

galligator

Re: Maple Print

pretty design. would buy one for my girl

galligator

galligator

Re: Canamerica

its simple, i really like it

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
parkermc wrote:Her left, eh? L OL!

Nice design, Derek. I like it and the colors chosen, too. GMV.

Thanks, i'm getting better at this color choosing thing. I went through 7 different variations this time around (from light yellow to the one I ended up using here) Good to hear I may have made the right choice ;-)

Check out my blog:Here!

insanecarbonbasedlif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insanecarbonbasedlif
Shigwarm wrote:I would totally wear this shirt every day. Great job on the stamp effect too!

Thanks! I was hoping people would like it.

emerica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emerica
easeandgrace wrote:Ahhh, Canada is one big hockey rink. I get it now. Good one.

*giggles* looking at it now I should've made the lines thicker...

erll, i'm ogg yo trsf snf dlrrp

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Patriotic Pancakes

Reminds me of this comic. Not that particular one, in general.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

rushblume

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rushblume
Re: Puck Off

You know, if you're one of those three angry Canadians.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
superspryte wrote:Reminds me of this comic. Not that particular one, in general.

Oh, jeez...there goes my productivity for the rest of the day. I'm officially addicted to this now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Larraque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Larraque

As a canadian, I think this would make a great poster, but as a shirt, I would never wear it. Shirt text should be short and concise. If people have to stop you in order to read your shirt, it's annoying.

clotho92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clotho92

that's too good...

daedalusknight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daedalusknight
artulo wrote:Beautiful, and perfect on black. What really does it for me with this one is the color of the geese in contrast to the leaves. I can tell you worked hard on this one and it definitely shows!

Heheh... yeah... I stayed up until six am working on it. I'm glad you apprecate it. Thanks.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daedalusknight
ansharp wrote:I agree -- really beautiful, and thanks for sharing the inspiration. I really appreciate something with intention and meaning. GMV, and good luck!

Thanks so much. :-)