+ Add a Comment

galligator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galligator
Re: Connect with Canada

what a good idea!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daedalusknight
easeandgrace wrote:This is a very beautiful shirt. Your story makes it more so.

Why thank you. I'm really happy to see this shirt connecting with so many people. I realize there's a long week of voting ahead of us, but seeing all the love here makes me feel like I've accomplished something with my art.

dhouse87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhouse87
galligator wrote:pretty design. would buy one for my girl

far too dense towards the bottom, and also, looks like a square. Should have been more tactful about using the print area in a better way. Glad to see somebody run with a decent Maple Leaf design, however.

dhouse87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhouse87
daedalusknight wrote:Why thank you. I'm really happy to see this shirt connecting with so many people. I realize there's a long week of voting ahead of us, but seeing all the love here makes me feel like I've accomplished something with my art.

Faith and Begorrah beautiful. best in the derby!

marcriedel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcriedel
Re: America's Hat

Very clever! I like it!!

reboot365

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reboot365

Yeah, the finance major in me had to do it.

jonomc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonomc
Posted By: burtonrider404 on 03-14-2008 2:44 PM
Re: FonzEhhh
wait, why'd he resubmit it????

yea, what a happened since an hour ago?

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Lost in translation

GMV for Alaska

daedalusknight

dhouse87 wrote:Faith and Begorrah beautiful. best in the derby!

Glad you like it so much. Happy St. Patrick's Day. :-)

stannley

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stannley
Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

I used to live in Juneau AK and there was tons of fireweed there. I must say this is very, very well done - looks just like it.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

ttdesigns wrote:Your Best work yet
I will always vote for beavers

Yay! Thanks! ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SailorButterfly wrote:Oh, jeez...there goes my productivity for the rest of the day. I'm officially addicted to this now.

Isn't it amazing? ^_________^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam
anarchyvirus wrote:If you make it a blackshirt w/ red leaves and one white you got my vote.

I guess i'll do that when i get home.

linylou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linylou
monkeypye wrote:I live in St Petersburg, Florida and I swear there are more Ontario license plates this time of year then there are Florida license plates.

*giggles*, that's really funny!!!

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Strikingly beautiful. The sunset in the leaves (within the leaf) alone is worth the price of admission.

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
mihalis aya wrote:Are you familiar with this?

or this?

HA!

dopey5007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dopey5007
rushblume wrote:You know, if you're one of those three angry Canadians.

it is too thin to be a puck, needs proper dims

~D

daedalusknight

ChronoSquall14 wrote:Strikingly beautiful. The sunset in the leaves (within the leaf) alone is worth the price of admission.

Thanks. I had to recolor like three or four times before I was happy with it. :-)

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
AdderXYU wrote:Andrew, I'm going to say this now, in hopes that, unlike some people I've commented on when they had slim to nil votes, my critique is understood.

This is really too cluttered. There's a lot going on, and it's not that it's bad, but there's way too much of it. The slogan is too close to the text of the syrup bottle, the scribbles around the tire swing don't really make sense, the styles seem to clash all over, the tree is too boxy... I think you've got some ideas in here, but I think you'll do waaay better with it if you try to distill it down to one basic concept... as it is, there's so much going on that it feels slapped together and not designed. I know it can be hard to give up an idea, but sometimes they need distilling

The scribbles are his signature... I'm fairly sure. But I agree with Adder, here. I don't care for how close the text is to the bottom of the bottle. Especially seeing it's got text there as well. It's very busy and very boxy. And I would go one further to say that the bottle is a lost cause if you want it printed here, because the color is so close to the background it just won't show up.

Xinco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xinco

first shirt, idly thought of it.....

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: EH? to ZED

Clever.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: FonzEhhh

Now that everyone's calmed down, I'd like to say I like this. It's [kind of] creepy though and I don't think I could wear it but I like the design. ^_^ I'd totally buy it as a gift.

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan

I love the color contrast against the black shirt. Here's hoping if it wins, it'll print as nice as it looks here!

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Shigwarm wrote:Wow! This must have taken ages to create. Looks great!

Thanks. It was fun for a while, but in the effort to get it down to 6 colors, it felt like I did the art 3 times over. I don’t think I'll need to worry about placing too high this week, but do appreciate the votes. Congrats on being in the fog so early. Good luck!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

This is really quite lovely.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Re: Beaver Mountie

Cute! Nice job this week superspryte!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

redghia69 wrote:Cute! Nice job this week superspryte!

Thanks! You too on that landscape. Looks awesome.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

Wonderful work, but just one question from looking at the sample...does it come with the sweat stains on the armpits?

zuniteton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuniteton
Re: Glowing Polar Bear

While up in Churchill Canada I took a shot of this polar bear, I love how he lines up so vertically

This is only my second derby so I would love any critique!

solituned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solituned
easeandgrace wrote:
They're a nuisance here, but don't tell anyone.

I'm voting for this shirt, too, but apparently many of the Canada geese in the San Francisco area no longer bother to migrate and just eat and poop here year-round.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

shouldn't it be a boot, not a boat?

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
bryozoan wrote:I *love* the work of both artists and own some of their other shirts...

But despite the *amazing* skill - this shirt scares me and would give me horrible nightmares. Sorry.

I simply do NOT understand how people can say a shirt would give them nightmares. What are you girls, babies? There is nothing scary about this design at all. NOTHING!

Anyone who says it is scary is nothing more than a big ole wuss

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

solituned wrote:I'm voting for this shirt, too, but apparently many of the Canada geese in the San Francisco area no longer bother to migrate and just eat and poop here year-round.

Really, Canada should be paying some kind of maintenance fee or seasonal rent for their geese when they come down here, act like they own the place, then up and leave (or in this case don't leave). It's all well and good when you can put your name on a Goose, but when it comes to taking responsibilty for it's up keep Canada's no where to be found. Either pay us Americans for goose rent or change the name to Canada/America Geese. That's my position.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Glowing Polar Bear

This looks really neat, but is it a photo? It doesn't look like vector from what I can see.
-Andy

fillengroovy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fillengroovy
Re: Hairless Beaver

It never fails. I always take off just alittle too much when I use those things!

burtonrider404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
snarkygal wrote:I simply do NOT understand how people can say a shirt would give them nightmares. What are you girls, babies? There is nothing scary about this design at all. NOTHING!

well, i've had a recurring nightmare where i'm being chased by the fonz and he's yelling at me to check out his tattoo. one time i turned around to look at his tattoo and he started to take off his shirt, and thankfully, i woke up. it's really scary. so, this shirt terrifies me. but i'd still wear it.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Hairless Beaver

Very Funny!
-Andy

burtonrider404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
Re: Puck Off

looks like a tin of chewing tobacco

Deliverance2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deliverance2005
Re: I Love the National Animal!

We ALL love beavers, dont we?

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
snarkygal wrote:I simply do NOT understand how people can say a shirt would give them nightmares. What are you girls, babies? There is nothing scary about this design at all. NOTHING!

I am a wuss, a girl, and a baby. Also I am kind of a scaredy cat.

And... I am terrified of moose mutants. Look at those horns, man- they are for VIOLENCE. And the thumbs up is a blatantly aggressive action, like thumbs up yours too, buddy! He even has a leather jacket, just like those criminals on the tv.

In conclusion: this shirt is a menace, and must be stopped.