+ Add a Comment

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

A place for then fun and off-topic. Friendly derby discussion is always welcome too.

Mr. Blonde: You kids shouldn't play so rough. Somebody's gonna start cryin'.

Joe: How does freedom feel?
Mr. Blonde: It's a change.

(Reservoir Dogs)

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

THEME:

Spring is just about here, bringing green grass, wind, rain, baseball, and another seasonal Derby. As with our Summer Into Fall and Winter themes, we're looking for designs that capture the essence of the season. Judging by past results, this means we'll see a lot of trees. What won't we see? Well, we don't want designs about Spring holidays like Easter, and, uh, we dunno, Memorial Day or whatever. Also, no text. Now go get sprung.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

Two words: Mattress Springs

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

For once I already have an idea. Cool. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
kenney9226 wrote:Two words: Mattress Springs

Oh noo!!! What is that Pucker doing on there!!! ewwww!!! not PG-13!!!!

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:Two words: Mattress Springs

I already got one... hint... it has snow... and a flower...

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan

*Hopes for some flower resubmissions*

Ooh, anyone want to do one on the hockey playoffs? They happen every spring!

*innocent whistling*

Schrobblehead

I have drawer's block. Nothing creative is coming. I'm off to threadless to steal some ideas now... *checks threadless* ooohhh! got something (j/k)

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Schrobblehead wrote:I have drawer's block. Nothing creative is coming. I'm off to threadless to steal some ideas now... *checks threadless* ooohhh! got something (j/k)

Not funny.

Schrobblehead

Sorry, I have a lack of funny today, which leads to attempts that miserably fail. However, here's the funny I Iiked from Derby 34: My Funniest Entry under 100 Award goes to:

There were certainly better shirts out there, but this one is one of the few that made me laugh. At least it wasn't gross.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:Sorry, I have a lack of funny today, which leads to attempts that miserably fail. However, here's the funny Iiked from Derby 34: My Funniest Entry under 100 Award goes to: [urll=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11603]

There were certainly better shirts out there, but this one is one of the few that made me laugh. At least it wasn't gross.

I think you bring the funny EVERY DAY. But I am warped.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
superspryte wrote:

Not funny.

Not true. I laughed. Then I cried.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
no1 wrote:

Feel free to use this T-shirt image as a template!

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:I think you bring the funny EVERY DAY. But I am warped.

Thanks.

SkekTek

bryozoan wrote:*Hopes for some flower resubmissions*

Ooh, anyone want to do one on the hockey playoffs? They happen every spring!

*innocent whistling*

There's also March Madness... You could draw a flower where the center is a basketball... ooo! No. that's my new idea...

kenney9226

I'm envisioning a grass green shirt with a patch of dead grass in the middle.

Really I'm just posting here to see my new signature picture.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
kenney9226 wrote:I'm envisioning a grass green shirt with a patch of dead grass in the middle.

Really I'm just posting here to see my new signature picture.

flowers
i think I could do those.just did some out of sugar. leave out the easter part.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

SkekTek

TAYLORT5 wrote:all i was fresh steamy dog P__. that spring step into a winner.

I foresee a funny four panel cartoon that would be really funny, but no-one would vote for: guy dressed in thick wool jacket, hat with ear flaps, gloves, sitting in a lawn chair.

Ground covered in snow for all four panels.

Underneath each panel is listed a specific season: spring, summer, fall, winter. In spring, guy is holding up an umbrella as rain comes down. In summer, same guy, same clothes, is holding a metallic sun,reflector into his face. In fall, guy is holding a rake, and the chair/snow is covered with leaves. In winter, you can't see the guy (he's covered up totally with snow).

caption above it all: Four seasons in Minnesota.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
SkekTek wrote:I foresee a funny four panel cartoon that would be really funny, but no-one would vote for: guy dressed in thick wool jacket, hat with ear flaps, gloves, sitting in a lawn chair.

Ground covered in snow for all four panels.

Underneath each panel is listed a specific season: spring, summer, fall, winter. In spring, guy is holding up an umbrella as rain comes down. In summer, same guy, same clothes, is holding a metallic sun,reflector into his face. In fall, guy is holding a rake, and the chair/snow is covered with leaves. In winter, you can't see the guy (he's covered up totally with snow).

caption above it all: Four seasons in Minnesota.

that wuz teh funneh sorry

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

SkekTek

TAYLORT5 wrote:that wuz teh funneh sorry

Thx! It'd probably be rejected for not being "springy" enough...

I see Kenney submitting this:

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Thx! It'd probably be rejected for not being "springy" enough...

I see Kenney submitting this:

oh, carp. back to the drawing board...

Schrobblehead

First idea I had that I thought might be worth pursuing... Thoughts? Honest opinions? Hate mail? Better ideas you want to give me????

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
SkekTek wrote:Thx! It'd probably be rejected for not being "springy" enough...

Couldn't have the text either.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:oh, carp. back to the drawing board...

If you want it, I'll send the AI to you... I drew it up in like 2 minutes.

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:First idea I had that I thought might be worth pursuing... Thoughts? Honest opinions? Hate mail? Better ideas you want to give me????

Oh, I had to see the name of the file to figure out what it was. THought it was an egg or some hairy critter cracking its head off for a second there. You probably want to make the sides of the iceberg sharper (have peaks)... but interesting concept.

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Oh, I had to see the name of the file to figure out what it was. THought it was an egg or some hairy critter cracking its head off for a second there. You probably want to make the sides of the iceberg sharper (have peaks)... but interesting concept.

Interesting doesn't sound good. I can take critique, it's not like I want to spend hours for 22 votes again.

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:If you want it, I'll send the AI to you... I drew it up in like 2 minutes.

no need. it's the third or fourth idea that I get that usually is the best, "best" being a subjective term. You're just helping me to reach higher up the tree for the better pieces of fruit.

aha! a formation of flower petals, mattress springs, and those spiraled watch springs all working together in unison to make a larger picture of, of, oh, mental block! What can this mosaic composition form?

Oh, the humanity! Mental block!

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:Interesting doesn't sound good. I can take critique, it's not like I want to spend hours for 22 votes again.

Sorry I didn't give enthusiastic praise... to me, it looked more like global warming than spring. But it's not like I'm a fountain of good ideas right now... getting past the no text rule and avoiding flowers and trees is hard.

no1

SkekTek wrote:Sorry I didn't give enthusiastic praise... to me, it looked more like global warming than spring. But it's not like I'm a fountain of good ideas right now... getting past the no text rule and avoiding flowers and trees is hard.

Robotic birds and bees.

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Sorry I didn't give enthusiastic praise... to me, it looked more like global warming than spring. But it's not like I'm a fountain of good ideas right now... getting past the no text rule and avoiding flowers and trees is hard.

You helped enough with that alone (and if enthusiastic praise is unwarranted I don't want to hear it anyways--my mom gives me enough of that already). It was inspired by global warming in a sense, but glaciers and icebergs (which fit onto a shirt more easily) do go through season melts with or without global warming, so I was hoping to fit it in as spring. I think if it looks like an egg and would get the right wingers riled up about it being about global warming, I'd rather skip it.

no1

Schrobblehead wrote:Better ideas you want to give me????

Mabe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nowruz?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:Mabe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nowruz?

No holidays, though, right?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:No holidays, though, right?

I think I'll spend less time on thinking of ideas and more on executing a simple one. The winners from this week didn't necessarily all have a clever idea, just time enough to make it look nice, which is where I usually neglect my ideas.

no1

PemberDucky wrote:No holidays, though, right?

Oops, you're right.

SkekTek

Here's my rough sketch. The cave needs mucho work.

Comments?

kenney9226

I am reusing the cannonballer's arms and legs, but it's a new body, really!

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:

I am reusing the cannonballer's arms and legs, but it's a new body, really!

Awesome!

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Here's my rough sketch. The cave needs mucho work.

bear with slippers

Comments?

I like the idea a lot! I'd bet there's lots of us who feel like that most any morning.

But I don't like the little pistol. It's well-drawn and all. Can he be chucking a rock instead?

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:I like the idea a lot! I'd bet there's lots of us who feel like that most any morning.

But I don't like the little pistol. It's well-drawn and all. Can he be chucking a rock instead?

Sure can. I liked the idea that bears pack heat. Maybe I'll do the following (see if you get the joke):

He's ready to throw a big beet, and he's wearing this on his shirt:

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Sure can. I liked the idea that bears pack heat. Maybe I'll do the following (see if you get the joke):

He's ready to throw a big beet, and he's wearing this on his shirt:

Question: what type of bear is best?