+ Add a Comment

WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Big-Eyed Owl Says Hoot

Cute and whimsical big-eyed owl. The owl is made up of letters in the words Hoot and Owl. The "H" is on the left wing (screen left). The eyes make up the two "O's" in hoot and the crown is the "T". The belly makes up the "O" in Owl, the beak makes the "L" and the right wing makes the "W". The claws are made with the words OWL placed upside down.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Sheep Plus Plus

An old programmers' joke illustrated in 3d text. Hope you like it!

KENPARS0NS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: Spicy

This shirt tells the world you're "Hot Stuff" because, after all, nothing says, "burn-your-mouth hot" like a Spicy Hot Tamale!

The pepper is text, the highlights are text and the shadows are text (well, sub-text)...

Enjoy!

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
Re: Lolcat strikes again!

O hai! I mad u a cat shirt, an I posteded it.

klswoot

Re: Fashion Capitals of the World

Dress Forms shaped into major fashion capitals: Madrid, Paris, New York and Los Angeles. The legs of each of the dress forms are supposed to look like wrought iron and are shaped into additional names : London, Milan and Tokyo. Colorful shapes are used to give the look of fabric wrapped around the dress forms using the various letters and colors.

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
Re: linc0ln

Hey its Abe! I originally wanted to make this with the text from the Gettysburg address, but realized I didn't want to spend two years on this design. So I made him out of zeros.
Enjoy!

dirttracker39

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirttracker39
Re: BIPARTISAN BINARY

Just for the record: no actual logos were used in the design.

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne
Re: Comfy Dreams

Most of the letters aren't meant to be read without effort, but here's what's surrounding him in the brown and light grey: "Happy comfy dreams all day"

nycanuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck
Re: Spicy

Love the desing - not sure about the placement.

toku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toku
Re: Binary Man

SWEEETNESS

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Eeeny Meeny Miney Moe

Eeny Meeny Miney Moe

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
Re: Knotwork goes over and under

Knotwork goes over and under and over again.

the4bagger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages the4bagger

Look out, its a numeric-text squid! But when did squid start to glow blue? To be honest, I don't really know, perhaps you should try asking the SQU!D...

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
Re: The Chicken Shi*r*t

Please feel free to say anything about my design.

I realize that soothed is also submitting a design with a chicken so I will try to head off that debate right now by asking you to ask yourself if it would make since for a chicken to be the intellectual property of one individual. His design is very good and I implore you to check it out, but it is not the same as mine.

Other than that, I welcome any and all comments/criticisms/praises. Thank you for looking!!

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

klswoot

Re: Blue Birds in Nest

The birds both spell 'Bird". And a variety of text "Nest"s make up the bird nest.

Sacky2nuts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sacky2nuts
Re: Computer God - an Ambigram.

Ambigrams rule -
I like how you did the ASCI thing but wrote out one and zero instead of actually just writing 1 and 0

Cool design -

Sacky2nuts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sacky2nuts
Re: Computer God - an Ambigram.

HEY The zero and ones are all ambigrams too - AWESOME!

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Heroes go PEWPEW

It works. Only text. The legs and antennae are commas (or apostrophes). It falls within parody, like Close Encounters of the 2D Kind did.

Yay.

MikeHoncho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikeHoncho
Re: your body is a wonderland

How did you know that Mike Honcho's body was a wonderland. Mike Honcho is impressed with your knowledge of Mike Honcho.

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
Re: Sheep Plus Plus

wow.. i see the original idea now.. with the sheep jumping over the fence.. at first I saw a bed with someone catching some "zz"s.. that wuz teh funneh.. thats awesome.. am i crazy??

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

SamoaJoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SamoaJoe
Re: I'm Utterly Delicious

This shirt has been done before, thus it's not an original concept and should be subject to rejection : http://images.etsy.com/all_images/8/861/4d4/il_fullxfull.13538420.jpg

Also :

From Threadless : http://www.threadless.com/submission/65504/Happy_Cows_Come_from_California/showmore,designs

From Gothamist :
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gothamist.com/images/2005_01_bklyncow.jpg&imgrefurl=http://gothamist.com/2005/01/13/bovine_brooklyn.php&h=222&w=450&sz=19&hl=en&start=46&um=1&tbnid=OB74uX7KcYTO6M:&tbnh=63&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcuts%2Bof%2Bbeef%2Bshirt%26start%3D42%26ndsp%3D21%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN

Here's the idea done on plates :
http://www.geocities.com/perry_peterson_1999/plates.jpg

Other things have been rejected for less.

VOTE FOR DEREK !!!

Nightmare on Wall Street

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

When all else fails, use the rhyme-bomb.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: BIPARTISAN BINARY

I really like the idea, but I'm afraid it might be the opposite of what Woot is looking for. I think you're supposed to make pictures out of text, and this is making text out of pictures.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

nycanuck

Re: Nevermore

Who would have predicted a battle of the Ravens?!?!?

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06

Awsome shirt. Good luck.

Well there is always next year....

nycanuck

nycanuck wrote:Who would have predicted a battle of the Ravens?!?!?

I guess since last derby it was Da Bears...

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
Re: Che's Victims

These are the names of the victims of the brutality of the inexplicably revered Che Guevara.

BDV

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BDV
Re: Heroes go PEWPEW

It took me a second to realize that the Hero was a spaceship, but otherwise it's a cool design.

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84

This idea is similar in concept to existing shirts, as one person has already pointed out. Granted, I agree - though I am making an addition execution-wise to an idea {which, fortunately, cannot be protected}. It is very different from the examples of which i'm sure a couple of people will point out, and based on woots decisions made in this dept. in the past, I very much doubt this is rejection material. I might be wrong. I will say this, let's keep the thread clean in here - I know you guys like to get out of hand. The tattle button is at the top right corner, and if you must - make your case and move on. Let's not turn this into a flame war. Thank you.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
Re: It's what's for dinner!

beef grazing on grass tshirt, get it? no?........*sigh*.....I am so sorry, i don't know what I was thinking with that pun. I'll just go now.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: Quoth the Raven

It always surprises me just how much of this poem I can recite from memory. Great job on the raven. GMV.

mwm8180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
Re: flammable material

CAUTION!
you too are made of flammable materials.

Red on black.
hope ya'll enjoy.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
bluchez wrote:It always surprises me just how much of this poem I can recite from memory. Great job on the raven. GMV.

That's pretty funny. The designer of this shirt can recite the entire thing from memory. She's my sister btw.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
tiaerman wrote:wow.. i see the original idea now.. with the sheep jumping over the fence.. at first I saw a bed with someone catching some "zz"s.. that wuz teh funneh.. thats awesome.. am i crazy??

ah yes. it kinda does look like that. Not exactly related to the code but interesting...

haxrox

Re: Nevermore

Looks like someone beat me to the punch. You can never have too many ravens.

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
jamescho84 wrote:This idea is similar in concept to existing shirts, as one person has already pointed out. Granted, I agree - though I am making an addition execution-wise to an idea {which, fortunately, cannot be protected}. It is very different from the examples of which i'm sure a couple of people will point out, and based on woots decisions made in this dept. in the past, I very much doubt this is rejection material. I might be wrong. I will say this, let's keep the thread clean in here - I know you guys like to get out of hand. The tattle button is at the top right corner, and if you must - make your case and move on. Let's not turn this into a flame war. Thank you.

Well in any case, job well done.

Well there is always next year....

haxrox

Re: Quoth the Raven

I like the way you think.

mwm8180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
Re: It Tastes Like Chicken

WHO! first comment!

i hope this one wins... me and my roommate keep chickens...
We live in the middle of a city.

this shirt is awesome, and chickens taste really good.

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire

No udders! *gasp*

Maybe it's mancow milk... Fun design, and hell... submit whatever. It's open season until the hammer starts falling.