AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Thanks, everybody!!

Last week our company division's VP told us our raises would be effective Friday. I hadn't received anything stating I was getting one - I was ramping up to be major league PO'd!!.

When the Program Manager handed me the envelope, he said, "Sorry, I meant to give this to you last week."

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

selli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli
AZGman wrote:Thanks, everybody!!

Last week our company division's VP told us our raises would be effective Friday. I hadn't received anything stating I was getting one - I was ramping up to be major league PO'd!!.

When the Program Manager handed me the envelope, he said, "Sorry, I meant to give this to you last week."

Does PM = Barney?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

"I spent some on hookers and blow, but there still is a good amount left..."

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
SkekTek wrote: Figures. I think I successfully got promoted too (haven't got the final yes from the provost/board of trustees but should be yes), but they won't pay me any more until September.

congrats skek!

Everyone is getting more money all around!

At least I know that I will be getting a (fairly significant) raise every June for the next 4 years.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I rarely get an eval although I have to fill out one each year. I only get the standard 3% that everyone in the district gets. Sigh.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
daj59 wrote:I rarely get an eval although I have to fill out one each year. I only get the standard 3% that everyone in the district gets. Sigh.

If you fill out two of them do you get a 6% raise?

Still single, can't imagine why.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Had to take it down to simmer, huh?

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SkekTek

FenStar wrote:If you fill out two of them do you get a 6% raise?

It's their job to try to find duplicates, right? Might get lucky and two people each process one..

FenStar

Wow, I don't know what I would have said to that guy. In any case crongrats!

FenStar

SkekTek wrote:It's their job to try to find duplicates, right? Might get lucky and two people each process one..

Either that, or they will think they have two people doing the same job and decide to fire one!

Congrats on the raise/promotion!

AZGman

selli wrote:Does PM = Barney?

No; Barney is our government lead . . . PM = company guy that manages contract personnel and budget for our program.

ThunderThighs

Staff

FenStar wrote:If you fill out two of them do you get a 6% raise?

Hmmmmm, I wonder?

SkekTek

FenStar wrote:Either that, or they will think they have two people doing the same job and decide to fire one!

Congrats on the raise/promotion!

Thanks!

It's considered a state job, so the "raise" for me isn't going to be much... what they do is move me up into the next pay grade at a step that is making more money than I am making now. Which means if there's a step that makes $5 more a year, they'll give me that step. Woohoo raise. But it means each year I'll go up more per step than I was.

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Had to take it down to simmer, huh?

Yeah; I almost embarrassed myself this morning!

AZGman

SkekTek wrote:Thanks!

It's considered a state job, so the "raise" for me isn't going to be much... what they do is move me up into the next pay grade at a step that is making more money than I am making now. Which means if there's a step that makes $5 more a year, they'll give me that step. Woohoo raise. But it means each year I'll go up more per step than I was.

Congrats to you, too, also!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Congrats to all who got promotions/raises. We are local government so if we get cost of living we are very lucky!

AZGman

terrimeyers wrote:good morning. managed to get some sleep. Mom and puppies doing fine. For anyone who didn't see the babies here is the link to the album.

More Puppies!!

password = puppies

Durn it . . . can't look at puppies from work!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:It's their job to try to find duplicates, right? Might get lucky and two people each process one..

There's no processing on these evals. I fill out my part. Boss fills out his part. It goes to HR and then my file. Never discussed. Sigh.

ThunderThighs

Staff

I'll raise my chair. Maybe that'll make me feel better.

SkekTek

joyner wrote:Congrats to all who got promotions/raises. We are local government so if we get cost of living we are very lucky!

Right there with you... state employee myself... We got a 3% raise this year, and they started charging us 1.5% of our salary for health insurance (instead of a flat dollar figure). Yippee 1.5% raise

terrimeyers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers
SkekTek wrote:Right there with you... state employee myself... We got a 3% raise this year, and they started charging us 1.5% of our salary for health insurance (instead of a flat dollar figure). Yippee 1.5% raise

so you have to pay more for the same coverage than someone who makes less. sheesh! does't seem fair!

Thanks SS for my new togs!

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
SkekTek wrote:Right there with you... state employee myself... We got a 3% raise this year, and they started charging us 1.5% of our salary for health insurance (instead of a flat dollar figure). Yippee 1.5% raise

sure are a lot of "gov'ment" workers around here...

AZGman

<chortle>
A Scottish bar stool . . .

ThunderThighs

Staff

Stool doesn't look that comfortable to/for me. Just saying....

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
cruzer wrote:sure are a lot of "gov'ment" workers around here...

PWA: Your Tax Dollars at Work

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:PWA: Your Tax Dollars at Work

PWA: The only raise you're getting.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Morning everybody.

Congratulations to all who have gotten raises, are going to get raises and are hoping to get raises. No raise here. *sniff*

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Morning everybody.

Congratulations to all who have gotten raises, are going to get raises and are hoping to get raises. No raise here. *sniff*

Morning Poof. Join the self-pity party over here.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
daj59 wrote:Morning Poof. Join the self-pity party over here.

I figure they'll just raise my self-employment tax to cover all those government raises.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

selli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli

Just got back from my eval... I'm not fired!!!

SkekTek

selli wrote:Just got back from my eval... I'm not fired!!!

Good? Bad? Indifferent?

ThunderThighs

Staff

That's always a positive end to an eval! WTG!

AZGman

Yahoooo!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I figure they'll just raise my self-employment tax to cover all those government raises.

Heh. Well at least I don't have that I guess.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Cruzer has a half hour to show up!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

SkekTek

Gotta get food or I'm gonna pass out.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Cruzer has a half hour to show up!

He's been here. He even got smacked.

He's probably at lunch now though.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Now I'm getting hungry.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Cruzer has a half hour to show up!

Uh oh . . . the itchy trigger finger is here!!!

Hiya, d'name!

SkekTek

AZGman wrote:Uh oh . . . the itchy trigger finger is here!!!

Hiya, d'name!

Anyone eating anything better than soup?