AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
spongebrain wrote:Greetings all.

Glad you night was better, AZ. Hope you day continues on that path.

Hiya, s'ain. Thanks! Me, too!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

joyner wrote:yep, lcd

In that case, you'll probably have to peek inside.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all! Stormy night passed. Stormy day expected.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

spongebrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongebrain
daj59 wrote:Morning all! Stormy night passed. Stormy day expected.

'mornin' daj

Life goes on...and on...and on...

tall4agirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tall4agirl

Good morning, folkses.

Getting better each day. My co-workers still don't want to sit near me in meetings, though. :/
(I don't blame them; I wouldn't want to sit near me either since I still sound pretty bad!)

spongebrain

tall4agirl wrote:Good morning, folkses.

Getting better each day. My co-workers still don't want to sit near me in meetings, though. :/
(I don't blame them; I wouldn't want to sit near me either since I still sound pretty bad!)

'mornin' tall. Glad you are feeling better.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Morning everyone.
Who is openspace? Someone we know?
Glad you're caught up on sleep, AZ.
Glad you're feeling better, Tall.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

tall4agirl

spongebrain wrote:'mornin' tall. Glad you are feeling better.

Thanks!

My brain is still not very good at focusing, so I'm using Woot! as a distraction this morning.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
AZGman wrote:In that case, you'll probably have to peek inside.

I was really surprised that you could tell just by tilting the box!

tall4agirl

joyner wrote:I was really surprised that you could tell just by tilting the box!

[whisper] so was I! [/whisper]

It almost made me want to test it when I got home.

spongebrain

joyner wrote:I was really surprised that you could tell just by tilting the box!

tall4agirl wrote:[whisper] so was I! [/whisper]

It almost made me want to test it when I got home.

You two have obviously never lifted a large, tubed television. There is very clearly a heavy side...that is the screen.

pooflady

Had to delay my lunch plans. Two firefighters died fighting a fire here a few days ago. The funeral's today and my nephew (a fireman) is doing the TV commentary.

tall4agirl

spongebrain wrote:You two have obviously never lifted a large, tubed television. There is very clearly a heavy side...that is the screen.

I realize that, but I knew it was an LCD from Woot, and I didn't remember a 'heavy' side when I lifted my 32" lcd out of the box at home. I've moved plenty of tube TVs in my day.

AZGman

Mornin', t'girl and poof!

Darn . . . it IS still morning . . . <glum>

joyner

AZGman wrote:Mornin', t'girl and poof!

Darn . . . it IS still morning . . . <glum>

lunch time?

tall4agirl

pooflady wrote:Had to delay my lunch plans. Two firefighters died fighting a fire here a few days ago. The funeral's today and my nephew (a fireman) is doing the TV commentary.

That's pretty cool. Does he do many interviews? Should I watch for him as an interviewee on a regular basis?

I'm always amazed at how many firefighters and police show up for these funerals. They all have such a strong bond.

tall4agirl

joyner wrote:lunch time?

Almost!

AZGman

joyner wrote:lunch time?

Doesn't matter; I rarely take lunch.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Doesn't matter; I rarely take lunch.

No wonder your day feels so long!

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman

daj59 wrote:No wonder your day feels so long!

We only get 30 minutes for lunch anyway.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:We only get 30 minutes for lunch anyway.

That's what I had when I worked on campus. It was still a nice breather in the day. I get an hour now...until summer hours anyway.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
spongebrain wrote:Our son is seven and gets dilated every 10 months or so. He also has problems with reflux and keeping things down if he eats quickly, but the stricture from the repair sight bottle-necks food and he has to force it back up. He had distal and proximal fistulas (upper esophagus dead ended, but had a small connector to the trachea, lower esophagus dead ended, but had a similar connector to the lung. It was close enough that they could stretch the two sections and connect them together. A much easier repair that your son's. Glad that he is doing OK.

Were they able to do his repair right away or did you have to wait a few months? My son had to wait until he was 6 months old to have his surgery. Does your son take meds for the reflux?

tall4agirl

daj59 wrote:That's what I had when I worked on campus. It was still a nice breather in the day. I get an hour now...until summer hours anyway.

What happens when you switch to summer hours?

pooflady

tall4agirl wrote:That's pretty cool. Does he do many interviews? Should I watch for him as an interviewee on a regular basis?

I'm always amazed at how many firefighters and police show up for these funerals. They all have such a strong bond.

I think he's head of communications for the union. He's wanted to be a fireman since he was a kid. Took the test at 18 and didn't make it. Got a degree in public relations from X and tried again and did very well on the tests. He loves it.
Firefighters here from all over the country.

This is going to be a bad month for big funerals in this area. The firefighters today and Matt Maupin's visitation and funeral in two weeks.

tall4agirl

pooflady wrote:I think he's head of communications for the union. He's wanted to be a fireman since he was a kid. Took the test at 18 and didn't make it. Got a degree in public relations from X and tried again and did very well on the tests. He loves it.
Firefighters here from all over the country.

This is going to be a bad month for big funerals in this area. The firefighters today and Matt Maupin's visitation and funeral in two weeks.

There was supposed to be something today because it was the anniversary of when Matt was abducted. I don't remember the specifics, but I would assume that would go on as planned even with the funerals being today.

pooflady

tall4agirl wrote:There was supposed to be something today because it was the anniversary of when Matt was abducted. I don't remember the specifics, but I would assume that would go on as planned even with the funerals being today.

Keith Maupin's on Cunningham's show now. Hard to believe those two have been divorced for years. They've sure stood together for the last four years. I think it's going to be total gridlock in Eastgate for the visitation.

tall4agirl

pooflady wrote:Keith Maupin's on Cunningham's show now. Hard to believe those two have been divorced for years. They've sure stood together for the last four years. I think it's going to be total gridlock in Eastgate for the visitation.

I guess I haven't paid enough attention. I didn't realize they were divorced!

ThunderThighs

Staff

tall4agirl wrote:What happens when you switch to summer hours?

7:30-5:30 with 30 minute lunch, 4 days. Fridays off.

AZGman

Yay! Humpday is over!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Yay! Humpday is over!!

No. No it's not. But to day is Drinky-Winky Wednesday with friends.

tall4agirl

daj59 wrote:No. No it's not. But to day is Drinky-Winky Wednesday with friends.

Oh no! I was counting on Happy Nappy Wednesday!

AZGman

daj59 wrote:No. No it's not. But to day is Drinky-Winky Wednesday with friends.

Yes . . . yes, it is; Drinky-Winky night or not!!

tall4agirl

AZGman wrote:Yes . . . yes, it is; Drinky-Winky night or not!!

Are you home already?!? :jealous:

AZGman

tall4agirl wrote:Are you home already?!? :jealous:

I can neither confirm nor deny my whereabouts for another . . . oh, two hours or so.

tall4agirl

AZGman wrote:I can neither confirm nor deny my whereabouts for another . . . oh, two hours or so.

hmmmm. Interesting. Veeerrrrry interesting!

AZGman

. . . but a clever moderator, even a volunteer one, could easily look up which I.P.s I normally post from and compare them to times they are certain of my location . . . //whistles nonchalantly//

pooflady

tall4agirl wrote:Oh no! I was counting on Happy Nappy Wednesday!

It was Happy Nappy Wednesday here.

spongebrain

zea3 wrote:Were they able to do his repair right away or did you have to wait a few months? My son had to wait until he was 6 months old to have his surgery. Does your son take meds for the reflux?

They did the operation at 14 days (he developed pneumonia from stomach acid draining into his lungs otherwise it would have been sooner). In NICU for just shy of two months. He is taking previcid daily.

joyner

I'm just about on my way home. Busy day. Beautiful day. Husband mowed and weed eated, maybe weed ate, ran the weed eater today at various locations both residential and commercial. I bet he will sleep well tonight. I've been in meetings, glad they are over! Have a great rest of the day!

pooflady

Glad to see you. We need people for conversations here.