jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
pooflady wrote:Speaking of haircuts, that's where husband is now. Must be something going around.

the personnel director at the college station got his hair cut. he'd had it long and kinda messy looking. the difference is amazing! and he did it because he was being told it was a problem when he went in for job interviews.

i would've gotten my haircut yesterday, but i'm pushing it back to get it cut closer to graduation. i already think it's getting a bit long, but mom will think it's fantastic. i like my hair fairly short.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:Hi folks. I'm back.

How are you feeling?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

jqubed

daj59 wrote:

I"M TELLING!!!!!!

looks like someone didn't use CAPS LOCK!

Skye — 1997-2007

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:How are you feeling?

It's sore. Looks like a big hole in the back of my jaw. Got gauze in my mouth and I feel (and probably sound) like Sylvester Stallone.. Took some vicodin but it hasn't hit yet. I'll get by.

SkekTek

jqubed wrote:looks like someone didn't use CAPS LOCK!

I prefer Pop and Lock... Jimiyo got robbed...

pooflady

I'm curious, is the rest of the country familiar with Matt Maupin?

jqubed

daj59 wrote://smack

Be nice! No, he's not. He's a typical teen boy that keeps sweeping it out of his eyes except when he wants to sleep at his desk. It's a nice curtain for his face.

yeah, i guess if he was emo, he'd have died it black already

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

SkekTek wrote:I prefer Pop and Lock... Jimiyo got robbed...

huh? how did that relate?

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

SkekTek wrote:It's sore. Looks like a big hole in the back of my jaw. Got gauze in my mouth and I feel (and probably sound) like Sylvester Stallone.. Took some vicodin but it hasn't hit yet. I'll get by.

wisdom teeth? will this revoke your license to teach?

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:I'm curious, is the rest of the country familiar with Matt Maupin?

Lady Poof,

I think I remember reading about his remains being found, but other than that, no, I'm sorry to say.

no1

jqubed wrote:huh? how did that relate?

Mr. Qubed,

"Caps Lock" vs. "Pop and Lock."

jqubed

pooflady wrote:I'm curious, is the rest of the country familiar with Matt Maupin?

he's a dead soldier, right? something heroic to it? from Ohio? i remember something about him; i think an Ohio station asked us about footage from/of Ft. Bragg...

Skye — 1997-2007

SkekTek

jqubed wrote:wisdom teeth? will this revoke your license to teach?

Since it's my last one, guess I'm completely wisdomless now. Dang. Guess my kids'll have to learn lessons the hard way

SkekTek

jqubed wrote:huh? how did that relate?

Someone said caps lock, and I thought of pop and lock. And of jimiyo's t-shirt design last week that was in the top 10. Sorry, must be the vicodin talking.

SkekTek

Isn't he the soldier that was executed a few years ago on Iraqi TV?

pooflady

no1 wrote:Lady Poof,

I think I remember reading about his remains being found, but other than that, no, I'm sorry to say.

MIA for four years. He grew up and went to school about a mile from here. His remains are being flown into the local airport tomorrow. There will be a 24-hour visitation at our local civic center. The route from the airport to the civic center has yellow ribbons tied to every pole, sign, bush, fence (every five feet), pipe. The flags have been at half mast here since his remains were found. On Sunday the funeral will be at the Reds stadium downtown and if there's an overflow (?) there will be huge TV screens on Fountain Square (center of downtown). All three TV stations are broadcasting the funeral.

no1

SkekTek wrote:Since it's my last one, guess I'm completely wisdomless now. Dang. Guess my kids'll have to learn lessons the hard way

Prof. Tek,
since they're your students, I thought they were learning lessons the hard way!

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:Isn't he the soldier that was executed a few years ago on Iraqi TV?

Yes, although not definitely identified.

no1

pooflady wrote:MIA for four years. He grew up and went to school about a mile from here. His remains are being flown into the local airport tomorrow. There will be a 24-hour visitation at our local civic center. The route from the airport to the civic center has yellow ribbons tied to every pole, sign, bush, fence (every five feet), pipe. The flags have been at half mast here since his remains were found. On Sunday the funeral will be at the Reds stadium downtown and if there's an overflow (?) there will be huge TV screens on Fountain Square (center of downtown). All three TV stations are broadcasting the funeral.

Lady Poof,

I think everyone who dies in service for our country deserves something like that.
Now they're faceless statistics.

pooflady

I think everyone who dies in service for our country deserves something like that.

Yes, but it would never happen.

Oops, half staff, sorry.

SkekTek

no1 wrote:Prof. Tek,
since they're your students, I thought they were learning lessons the hard way!

No, I'm too much of a softie- I give notes, study guides, and have chat sessions before exams. If I wanted to have them do it the hard way, I'd make them do all that themselves. And now that I'm tenured, that's what's going to happen starting in the fall

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:No, I'm too much of a softie- I give notes, study guides, and have chat sessions before exams. If I wanted to have them do it the hard way, I'd make them do all that themselves. And now that I'm tenured, that's what's going to happen starting in the fall

Are you going to be mean to the fish next year, too?

SkekTek

While I'm against the whole Police Action, I'm all for that sort of remembrance. Too bad we don't do that sort of thing for people who have served or volunteered in other capacities (people who have helped the homeless, or battered folks, or volunteered for their communities in a significant way all their lives) as well. Might encourage people who don't serve in some capacity to do so.

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:Are you going to be mean to the fish next year, too?

No, the fish has been, and will always be spoiled. I had a sketch of a mama fish reading a story to her baby fish as an idea for this week's shirt woot, but it didn't get done. If I get time tomorrow, I'll try to finish it.

pooflady

Looks like everyone's at dinner. Except Skek. He's probably asleep.

czardastx

quality posts: 3 Private Messages czardastx
pooflady wrote:Looks like everyone's at dinner. Except Skek. He's probably asleep.

No dinner for me, looks like I'll have to go to bed hungry. Unless my wife takes pity on me or I cook it myself.

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:Looks like everyone's at dinner. Except Skek. He's probably asleep.

No, but happily under the influence of narcotics.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:And thus concludes Friday in PWA.

Just because I went home? Wow, I'm flattered.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

Nachos are in teh toaster oven as I type.

I scheduled a massage for 1pm tomorrow.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

czardastx

daj59 wrote:Nachos are in teh toaster oven as I type.

I scheduled a massage for 1pm tomorrow.

Nachos in a toaster oven? No, no, no, no, no, nachos aren't made in a toaster oven. Well, real nachos aren't made that way.

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

no1

czardastx wrote:Nachos in a toaster oven? No, no, no, no, no, nachos aren't made in a toaster oven. Well, real nachos aren't made that way.

Czar DasTX,

Nachos are born, not made.

ThunderThighs

Staff

czardastx wrote:Nachos in a toaster oven? No, no, no, no, no, nachos aren't made in a toaster oven. Well, real nachos aren't made that way.

Chips, beans, cheese. It's just for me so I'm not going to heat up the big oven. I do it all the time.

PS: Maybe I should add that it's the big Hamilton Beach convection/toaster oven from Woot quite a while back. Maybe that will help.

czardastx

no1 wrote:Czar DasTX,

Nachos are born, not made.

Nachos, a really good plate of nachos, are a work of art for the eye, nose and palate.

Now I want nachos for supper, maybe I'll get some at the local mexican food restaurant. But nachos from the local minor league baseball stadium would be best.

ThunderThighs

Staff

czardastx wrote:Nachos, a really good plate of nachos, are a work of art for the eye, nose and palate.

Now I want nachos for supper, maybe I'll get some at the local mexican food restaurant. But nachos from the local minor league baseball stadium would be best.

//crunch
//munch

Yummmmmmmmmmmmm.

czardastx

daj59 wrote:Chips, beans, cheese. It's just for me so I'm not going to heat up the big oven. I do it all the time.

PS: Maybe I should add that it's the big Hamilton Beach convection/toaster oven from Woot quite a while back. Maybe that will help.

I prefer a nachos made with the liquid cheese. Doing it the way you're doing it is good, and they taste wonderful, but you have to be careful not to burn the nachos when they're made in the oven. But I'm sure you know that.

pooflady

Going out to dinner shortly for a huge chef salad on a restaurant patio.

Edit: No nachos.

czardastx

daj59 wrote://crunch
//munch

Yummmmmmmmmmmmm.

czarina hasn't said anything about supper. I might have to break down and go get some nachos.

ThunderThighs

Staff

czardastx wrote:I prefer a nachos made with the liquid cheese. Doing it the way you're doing it is good, and they taste wonderful, but you have to be careful not to burn the nachos when they're made in the oven. But I'm sure you know that.

Those places often use Rico nacho cheese. You can buy individual Rico Nacho Cheese things at Walmart. Son went through a craze of those last year. It's calmed down now.

czardastx

pooflady wrote:Going out to dinner shortly for a huge chef salad on a restaurant patio.

I've just been informed of what I'm having for dinner: leftovers. I can't remember what it was before it was leftover and I just had it for supper last night.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Going out to dinner shortly for a huge chef salad on a restaurant patio.

There's always an appetizer menu. Check that.