TehCaspia

quality posts: 16 Private Messages TehCaspia

I see this, and for some reason I think "Lord of the Flies"

woot changed my signature...apparently linking my old blog was "advertising"...never thought I'd see anyone give Obama a run for his money on being the nanny state...

akerbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akerbs

Cool shirt! Hope to see more of your shirts, Miss Monster.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

Regardless of what classic rockers who burned their brains out may have you think, most of the best art is made when your mind is clear. Not that this will be on my chest, well done though it is, but I think in the educated world of 2008, it's about time we drop the tired notion that drugs are necessary for outside-the-box thinking.

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
AdderXYU wrote:Regardless of what classic rockers who burned their brains out may have you think, most of the best art is made when your mind is clear. Not that this will be on my chest, well done though it is, but I think in the educated world of 2008, it's about time we drop the tired notion that drugs are necessary for outside-the-box thinking.

i have to disagree to an extent. although drugs are certainly not necessary by any means to obtain out-of-the-box thinking abilities... not too sure about t-shirt design, but for example jazz: john coltrane, miles davis, charlie parker made some of the best music i've ever heard & that's just limited to a single genre over a limited period of time...though i bet Kenny G is straight edge or at best a social drinker.
the list goes on and on crossing all avenues of art, but there's really no need to enumerate further. for every straight artist, there's one Old Style'd up on drugs of equal notoriety.

Chugaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chugaboy
lunartan wrote:i have to disagree to an extent. although drugs are certainly not necessary by any means to obtain out-of-the-box thinking abilities... not too sure about t-shirt design, but for example jazz: john coltrane, miles davis, charlie parker made some of the best music i've ever heard & that's just limited to a single genre over a limited period of time...though i bet Kenny G is straight edge or at best a social drinker.
the list goes on and on crossing all avenues of art, but there's really no need to enumerate further. for every straight artist, there's one Old Style'd up on drugs of equal notoriety.

*high five*

cjfred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjfred

This is the first one I've ordered since the math geek leap year shirt in late February. In for one, with kudos to missmonster for a nice balance of cool and creepy. I wouldn't have picked red - maybe dark green tentacles, medium green girl, other stuff in mixed greens (animal hat salad?), on a slightly lighter gray shirt - but I like it anyway.

MosquitoXR13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MosquitoXR13

Good, but not brutal enough.

Phill aka Mosquito

dionb85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dionb85

Ok...tomorrow please give us a shirt that has a smaller, off-center design.

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester

Bought it in a heartbeat. :3
Dosen't remind me of Midna (I've drawn her with the rock on her head and without)
Does remind me of steam punk and all that is awesome about Miss Monster art :3

Cyclones92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cyclones92

I have looked at a lot of shirts on here, but this actually might be the first shirt I buy...I will have to get it at work...but I am very tempted!! Also Miss Monster, you have AMAZING skills when it comes to art!! I too looked at your site and seen a lot of work that looks great!! Gratz on winning...and hopefully I see some of those other images on shirts! :D

Total Woots: 40
Total Woot Wage: $1878.00

Thag13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Thag13

I really liked the design and the colors

This shirt was the first I ordered from Shirt Woot!!.

I can't wait to wear it at DragonCon this year. It will be prefect for that con.

I like your other artwork as well. If you ever attend a Sci Fi con in the south, let me know!!!

I hope to see more of you stuff here.

No Matter where you go, there you are!!!!

TheDagon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheDagon

Like anime meets HP Lovecraft. Whatever, I'm totally down for one. Grats on the excellent design! Now lets see her sister...

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

I thought this was a Jimiyo design at first glance.
-Andy

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

Sweet! missmonster I've followed your site for awhile, and adore your monsters, been wanting one on a tee shirt and here it is! Love it and congrats on the daily and I'm glad to see you on woot.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Terrible30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Terrible30

Saw it. Loved it. Bought it.

This is my first Woot Shirt purchase. Been looking at the designs for several months but didn't have anything hit me like this. Love the steampunk-organic-cthulhu-anime kickass feel. WTG!

Megawashu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Megawashu

Would be cool if one of the tentacles was starting to wrap around the top of the horn, like it was alive ...

Bought one anyway cause it's still B.A.

phantom42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phantom42

Melly, you know Emily and I are big fans of your work. I like the art itself, but just don't personally dig the whole total shirt design. An image like this seems like it should be on the back of the shirt or smaller and centered on the chest.

Still, great to see your work here. Congrats!

easeandgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace

Interesting shirt. Not something I would wear (I'm prissy) but very eye-catching. Some thought went into this design, I can tell.

You'll have to excuse me when I say that it reminds me of the bleeding armadillo groom cake in the wedding scene in the movie "Steel Magnolias" - Shirley MacLain's character says to Tom Skeritt's character, "That thing looks like an autopsy."

That cake was the first thing I thought of when I saw this shirt. On a more positive note, I do know a few people who would LOVE to have it, and congratulations to the artist.

Missmonster, you should participate in Woot's shirt derbies! I'll bet we'd see some incredible designs coming from you, and there's no doubt the Cho bomb could use a little more competition. :-)

EmilyMonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EmilyMonster
missmonster wrote:wow, thank you! I have a few ideas for more woot shirts so hopefully you will see me again soon

From one Monster to another, AWESOME design, awesome site. ^_^ This was my first shirt.woot order and i will definitely be perusing this and your site often and frequently hoping for more! *squee*

Miss Emily Monster
Http://Emilymonster.com
Woots: 0 | Shirt Woots: 1 | Wine Woots: 0 | Sellout Woots: 3

gratitudesam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gratitudesam

very uh.........weird

jarrodrandel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jarrodrandel
matthaak wrote:Needs less shirts that have bad designs that take up the entire front. Smaller, chest-centered images please!

Everyone has their preferences. You got the Maple Leaf, The little Green swirl thing... stop whining.

Love the shirt.

Aniphx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aniphx
KevanB wrote:Looks like Midna from Zelda Twilight Princess...but red, and tentacle-ly-ier...more tentaclier.

I was definitely thinking the same thing. She also looks a bit more bloodthirsty.

williams2120

quality posts: 0 Private Messages williams2120

hmmm... unique, interesting, and very well done. But I keep thinking entrails...

godman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godman

I love it, except it's too big... i wish it had more of an irregular shape to the border of it... i'm just not a fan of the CENTERED, somewhat symmetrical look when it's a design like this. it's just a preference, but i definitely like the art.

i wish everything wasn't so crammed and the tentacles came out more, leaving some spacing between everything... and maybe the body/center of it a little off-center, so to speak.

baronofthebean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baronofthebean

LOVE the design, but I already have five or so dead weasels on asphalt.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
KevanB wrote:Looks like Midna from Zelda Twilight Princess...but red, and tentacle-ly-ier...more tentaclier.

That's what I and a friend of mine thought too. I think she was tempted to get one just because of that. l o l (she's a big Midna fan...even made her human form costume for a convention!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
AdderXYU wrote:Regardless of what classic rockers who burned their brains out may have you think, most of the best art is made when your mind is clear. Not that this will be on my chest, well done though it is, but I think in the educated world of 2008, it's about time we drop the tired notion that drugs are necessary for outside-the-box thinking.

I agree with you Adder.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
baronofthebean wrote:LOVE the design, but I already have five or so dead weasels on asphalt.

typo + word filter = funny post! XD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

LiveSquid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LiveSquid

Wow. Pirate AND squid references. Ive been using this name for nearly ten years now, and I like pirate movies, but gimme a break!

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
missmonster wrote:Hey guys! Really happy to have my design printed here....enjoy!

Was wondering if you had any more shirts printed. Your site is semi-hard to pick through. Great shirt. I was telling mysel, "no spending money on anything this week".... yea that didnt quite happen. Nice job.

Well there is always next year....

beautyofmachines

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beautyofmachines

Err I thought it was pretty cool until I saw there was some chick with a pirate patch.

bunnymasseuse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bunnymasseuse

First sucker: tkcom
Speed to first woot: 0m 15.063s

Last wooter to woot: bunnymasseuse

Love it, different, and finally a new shirt to add to my mix.

121 Woots and counting

Shogunlogan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shogunlogan

I can't decide if I want it, it's really cool though! I'm a new wooter and I have bought way too many shirts. I think I'm keeping the website running!

LesReed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LesReed
llonvent wrote: If it happened to be a Random Shirt one day I would not be upset.

My thoughts exactly. I like the shirts that don't seem so violent. Even though there is no gore, the red gives it a bloody impression. If I were to receive it as a Random Shirt I would be perfectly okay with it.

eatyourkix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eatyourkix

shoulda bought yesterday's. DANGIT! this is interesting but not something i'd wear on my body.

Enedlhach

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Enedlhach

That's what I thought, very zeldaish but still not worth 10 bucks...

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

eatyourkix wrote:shoulda bought yesterday's. DANGIT! this is interesting but not something i'd wear on my body.

You can buy yesterday's here.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Torvik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Torvik

whoa. At first I thought it was a Fable creation....

cc1702cc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cc1702cc

The medusa lives. Not for me.

kerplunkett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerplunkett

After months of creeping the site, this shirt made me finally sign up.

*Make shirts not purses!*

~a guy