JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
no1 wrote:Old = living in the past. e.g., fondly recalling concerts that you went to over 10 years ago.

Hmmm...guess I am old then. Since I'm more than 10 years old, I fondly remember many things that happened more than 10 years ago.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
JoeDeeDee wrote:Hmmm...guess I am old then. Since I'm more than 10 years old, I fondly remember many things that happened more than 10 years ago.

But you don't spend a lot of time doing that, do you? Having memories of the past is not the same as living in it.

edit: do you spend more time wishing you were back in the good ol' days, or looking forward to the future?

JoeDeeDee

no1 wrote:But you don't spend a lot of time doing that, do you? Having memories of the past is not the same as living in it.

edit: do you spend more time wishing you were back in the good ol' days, or looking forward to the future?

<introspective interlude>

Hard to say, I guess. Probably more time thinking of the future. I think having young kids has something to do with it...thinking about their future. Josephus's kids are similar ages to mine, though. I don't know if he feels the same way about that or not.

Since I just had a birthday, I have certainly spent plenty of time wondering where the time has gone. Sometimes I feel old, sometimes not. But I guess I don't spend much time talking about it here, especially since so many of the people here are younger than me.

Or maybe I'm just immature for my age

</introspective interlude>

no1

JoeDeeDee wrote:Probably more time thinking of the future.

Ding! young.

JoeDeeDee wrote:I think having young kids has something to do with it...thinking about their future. Josephus's kids are similar ages to mine, though. I don't know if he feels the same way about that or not.

When Dr. J talks about his kids, he sounds young.
When Ms. Name talks about getting a dog, she sounds young.

When Dr. J and Ms. Name trade stories about concerts that took place literally decades ago, in the last millennium, they sound old.

JoeDeeDee wrote:Since I just had a birthday, I have certainly spent plenty of time wondering where the time has gone. Sometimes I feel old, sometimes not. But I guess I don't spend much time talking about it here, especially since so many of the people here are younger than me.

Everybody's older than someone (except mabe the baby Wookie). Old is when you spend a lot of time talking about it.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Well, I've thought and thought, and can't think of a good idea for this week's contest. I came up with one that's "baby got to get paid" with baby wearing a tie and earring and diaper with bills in the hand. I came up with a half of the earth on a orange juicer with the liquid going into a bank representation. I came up with a fist squeezing the earth. None sound that amazing...

Bleah....

no1

SkekTek wrote:Well, I've thought and thought, and can't think of a good idea for this week's contest. I came up with one that's "baby got to get paid" with baby wearing a tie and earring and diaper with bills in the hand. I came up with a half of the earth on a orange juicer with the liquid going into a bank representation. I came up with a fist squeezing the earth. None sound that amazing...

Bleah....

SkekTek

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

JoeDeeDee wrote:<introspective interlude>

Hard to say, I guess. Probably more time thinking of the future. I think having young kids has something to do with it...thinking about their future. Josephus's kids are similar ages to mine, though. I don't know if he feels the same way about that or not.

Since I just had a birthday, I have certainly spent plenty of time wondering where the time has gone. Sometimes I feel old, sometimes not. But I guess I don't spend much time talking about it here, especially since so many of the people here are younger than me.

Or maybe I'm just immature for my age

</introspective interlude>

He isn't talking about maturity.
Ask Gimma or KT....maturity isn't a strong point for me.

I did get depressed when son graduated HS
I guess if daughter goes to Law school and son gets his PhD, I won't have to worry about having adult kids totally on their own.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Everybody's older than someone (except mabe the baby Wookie). Old is when you spend a lot of time talking about it.

We don't know if stlwooters baby was born yet. Baby wookie may not be the youngest for long!

When Dr. J and Ms. Name trade stories about concerts that took place literally decades ago, in the last millennium, they sound old.

You just wish you were around then!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:We don't know if stlwooters baby was born yet. Baby wookie may not be the youngest for long!

You just wish you were around then!

My first concert was around 1982ish... Rush- Moving Pictures. Great tour.

Since this is the cyberpub, and speaking of babies, what do people think of this greed design- "Baby Gots to Get Paid":

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

Looking for some suggestions on how to improve this.

Did the easier idea first, Genghis will have to wait a little bit longer.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
no1 wrote:Old = living in the past. e.g., fondly recalling concerts that you went to over 10 years ago.

Pearl Jam 1995.

Body Surfing.

Im old.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
jimiyo wrote:Pearl Jam 1995.

Body Surfing.

Im old.

England Dan and John Ford Coley.. 1974? I was little, I fell asleep during the show.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
no1 wrote:Hmm. PS contest requires skill, Derby requires popularity.

I'm out.

Dare I say I am considering it as well?

JoeDeeDee

AttilaTheMom wrote:England Dan and John Ford Coley.. 1974? I was little, I fell asleep during the show.

I'm not going to count concerts my parents dragged me to when I was young (Olivia Newton-John in the mid-70s, anyone? I got to shake her hand!)

My first "real" concert was Cheap Trick, also in 1982. (I saw Rush in 1983 (?), the Signals Tour.)

I guess Attila, Skek and I are around the same age. Now we're going to drive no1 crazy.

AttilaTheMom

JoeDeeDee wrote:I'm not going to count concerts my parents dragged me to when I was young (Olivia Newton-John in the mid-70s, anyone? I got to shake her hand!)

My first "real" concert was Cheap Trick, also in 1982. (I saw Rush in 1983 (?), the Signals Tour.)

I guess Attila, Skek and I are around the same age. Now we're going to drive no1 crazy.

Heee! My first REAL concert then, as an 80's teenybopper, was culture club. it was great, went with a girlfriend and her older sister. Favorite concert was Korn a few years ago, I took my brother for his bday. I'll be 41 next month.

AttilaTheMom

kenney9226 wrote:Dare I say I am considering it as well?

no no no I look forward to the pucker! I haven't voted for one yet, 'cause it scares me, but I always look forward to seeing what you come up with.

greedy for kisses maybe?

SkekTek

AttilaTheMom wrote:no no no I look forward to the pucker! I haven't voted for one yet, 'cause it scares me, but I always look forward to seeing what you come up with.

greedy for kisses maybe?

I see a pucker running out of a store with an overfilled sack of lipstick/libgloss. Or a bright red pucker handing an almost entirely used thing or empty of lipstuff to a smaller, non-red pucker who looks slightly sad...

I'm debating whether to use by baby design as is, or change it to something slightly different... Lemme see...

JoeDeeDee

SkekTek wrote:I see a pucker running out of a store with an overfilled sack of lipstick/libgloss. Or a bright red pucker handing an almost entirely used thing or empty of lipstuff to a smaller, non-red pucker who looks slightly sad...

I'm debating whether to use by baby design as is, or change it to something slightly different... Lemme see...

I would certainly vote for a greedy pucker.

I like the baby, especially his hat. But his chest looks a bit, let's say, voluptuous.

Schrobblehead

I made some changes to the piggy bank robber. I'm still trying to think of a title that conveys greed. Currently thinking "Pennies? Ha!"

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

JoeDeeDee

Schrobblehead wrote:I made some changes to the piggy bank robber. I'm still trying to think of a title that conveys greed. Currently thinking "Pennies? Ha!"

I like it! Like the title too.

JoeDeeDee

Heard this on the radio this morning, and it reminded me of this derby. Might make a good shirt idea for someone.

Depeche Mode
Everything Counts

The handshake seals the contract
From the contract there's no turning back
The turning point of a career
In Korea being insincere
The holiday was fun-packed
The contract, still intact

The grabbing hands grab all they can
All for themselves - after all
It's a competitive world

Everything counts in large amounts

The graph on the wall
Tells the story of it all
Picture it now see just how
The lies and deceit gained a little more power
Confidence - taken in
By a suntan and a grin

It's a competitive world

Schrobblehead

JoeDeeDee wrote:I like it! Like the title too.

Thanks.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblebobbleboo, I like the Ghengis idea. And the piggy is also adorable.

Kenneylumpkins, if there is no pucker this week then I will throw myself off one of our landmark buildings. (We'll hold a drawing to see which.)

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:Schrobblebobbleboo, I like the Ghengis idea. And the piggy is also adorable.

Kenneylumpkins, if there is no pucker this week then I will throw myself off one of our landmark buildings. (We'll hold a drawing to see which.)

I vote for the Mirage. Right after you show up and ask for their best dolphin in homer simpson's voice.

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:I vote for the Mirage. Right after you show up and ask for their best dolphin in homer simpson's voice.

Mmm....memories.
"Good day, sir! I am in the market for a virile young dolphin, and I understand you are the purveyor of the finest dolphins in the land. Just name your price!"

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:Mmm....memories.
"Good day, sir! I am in the market for a virile young dolphin, and I understand you are the purveyor of the finest dolphins in the land. Just name your price!"

funny...

I expect we'll see a pucker so there will be no need for hurling oneself off the Mirage.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Looks like I'm not going ot be ready on time...so another late sub for me. ^_^;

PS - Here's what I have so far. He's going to have a ple of treasure from his hoard underneath him. ^_^ Also, the colors aren't set; I'm just dinking around and trying to keep the separate colors...separate. He still needs more shading and whatnot too, I know. Like I said, not done.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
superspryte wrote:Looks like I'm not going ot be ready on time...so another late sub for me. ^_^;

PS - Here's what I have so far. He's going to have a ple of treasure from his hoard underneath him. ^_^ Also, the colors aren't set; I'm just dinking around and trying to keep the separate colors...separate. He still needs more shading and whatnot too, I know. Like I said, not done.

ooh..I'm liking it so far. Is that cranberry? I really want a cranberry Woot shirt...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Schrobblehead

superspryte wrote:Looks like I'm not going ot be ready on time...so another late sub for me. ^_^;

I nixed the idea of a dragon hoard myself, thinking there would be others. You are the 3rd I've heard of. But so far this is the best looking. Are you drawing the detail with a mouse?

AttilaTheMom

Nice! very nice!

PemberDucky

Staff

I just pretended to be my little sister.
She won a prize on the radio--two tickets anywhere in the Continental US.
She's probably still asleep--that's why she didn't know they selected her to win.
I say she has to take me wherever she decides to go.

AttilaTheMom

PemberDucky wrote:I just pretended to be my little sister.
She won a prize on the radio--two tickets anywhere in the Continental US.
She's probably still asleep--that's why she didn't know they selected her to win.
I say she has to take me wherever she decides to go.

yes! she totally owes you! especially if that's one of those 'call back within x minutes or we give it to someone else' prizes.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SailorButterfly wrote:ooh..I'm liking it so far. Is that cranberry? I really want a cranberry Woot shirt...

Thanks! Yeah, it'll be cranberry. I won't be able to submit it until tonight though because I'm not going to be home.

Schrobblehead wrote:I nixed the idea of a dragon hoard myself, thinking there would be others. You are the 3rd I've heard of. But so far this is the best looking. Are you drawing the detail with a mouse?

It was hand sketched and scanned in to create the black outline. The coloring is all done with a mouse. Can't wait until I get my intuos2 for my birthday (late birthday gift). ^_^

AttilaTheMom wrote:Nice! very nice!

Thanks! Very thanks!

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Schrobblehead

superspryte wrote:It was hand sketched and scanned in to create the black outline. The coloring is all done with a mouse. Can't wait until I get my intuos2 for my birthday (late birthday gift). ^_^

Have fun with the tablet. I sometimes wish I had gone for the Intuos, but I'm still such a hack there would be no point.

PemberDucky

Staff

AttilaTheMom wrote:yes! she totally owes you! especially if that's one of those 'call back within x minutes or we give it to someone else' prizes.

It was totally one of those things...she had a half an hour to call, and nobody could reach her (college kid). Hilariously, she used to work at the station, so they were talking to me like I had some clue who they were.. I was like...
"Oh hai Marge! Yah, I am graet! How R teh childrynz?"

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:It was totally one of those things...she had a half an hour to call, and nobody could reach her (college kid). Hilariously, she used to work at the station, so they were talking to me like I had some clue who they were.. I was like...
"Oh hai Marge! Yah, I am graet! How R teh childrynz?"

You really talk like a lolcat on the phone?

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Schrobblehead wrote:You really talk like a lolcat on the phone?

Doesn't everyone?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:You really talk like a lolcat on the phone?

I would NEVER pass up an opportunity to talk like a lolcat.

Schrobblehead

SailorButterfly wrote:Doesn't everyone?

ummm.... no clever response coming to mind, so moving on...

Seeing really good entries in the derby takes away motivation to try entry #2. Plus I sorta promised the wife I wouldn't do more than one a week. If I do it when she's sleeping she can't complain, so maybe genghis gets some attention late night.