sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27
Re: Dog Gone Greedy

thanks to everyone who voted so far
I love to hear what people think almost more than getting votes, so if you have any comments, suggestions or anything to say please do!

sparklzk27

Re: Shell Competition

this is really funny, well done!

sparklzk27

Re: Greedy wishes

really beautiful!

slysappysucker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slysappysucker
Re: Oooo Shiney!

man! this is definitely my favorite so far. the expression! its perfect. I can't believe the monkeys are still in the fog after this...

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
Re: I Love Cheese

hahaha, I love it... but with regard to scale, that's either not the 2.5 lb ball, or that's a big rat!
gmv!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
Re: Blinded (resub)

This depicts the Greek myth of Icarus, who was overcome with the sublime feeling of flight during his escape from Crete and flew too close to the sun despite his father's warnings, which melted the wax in his wings and caused him to fall to his death. I see greed as desiring something too much (be it material watch or simply a feeling), just as Icarus was blinded by his own greed to fly higher into the sun.

Resub: Mirrored image and added "Greek Pants" (so I can sleep at night knowing it's undoubtedly PG-13) and sandals.

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts

wongton

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wongton
opiecardo wrote:It is a soldiers helmet atop an M16 rifle. This is typically done to symbolize a fallen soldier.

A shirt that tells the truth and nothing but the truth. I would definitely get this shirt.

hai.

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
Re: Oooo Shiney!

This shirt has to win. ITs amazing. Great Artwork.

Well there is always next year....

makselarts

Re: King of the Carrots

King of bunny designs! Nicely done!

Re: Now the moon..the sun would wait til morning

dsatele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsatele
tgentry wrote:Still in the fog! And yet I have the sinking sensation that it won't last. tub o' butter kings just can't go the long haul against cute pigs, monkeys, and penguins. It's been proven time and time again. But I hold out hope.

TG - great design as usual. Quick critique from a layperson - why does the Red Sea look like the Red Lake on the globe?

makselarts

dcarhart

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dcarhart
Re: Mine, Mine, Mine...

If this isnt in the top 3, you have to sell it somewhere else.

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
Re: King of the Carrots

This reminds me of the Monty Python bunny. Dark, creepy, evil...FANNNNNNTASTIC!

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: Mine! Not yours! (resub)

LOVE the image. Wish it was on some other color, cream maybe?

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
lunartan wrote:Well, that's no ordinary rabbit... That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!... Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!... He's got huge, sharp... er... He can leap about. Look at the bones!

Dur...should have read ALL of the comments before I posted. Should have known someone else would have already gotten the reference.

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: I Claim This Land for France!

"I claim India for Britian!" "You can't claim us, we live here!" "Do you have a flag?"

Just made me think of Eddie Izzard. Great image, gmv

sailstud25

Re: All In

what kind of car are the keys for? :-D

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!

wootvan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages wootvan

GMV
nice work (again) JC...combines two Batman villians too!
I like my top hats with the front brim down

DirtiusMaximus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirtiusMaximus
kixxster wrote:LOVE the image. Wish it was on some other color, cream maybe?

Sorry, I promise not to use white every time, but I just couldn't make myself change it on this one.

TygerFish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TygerFish

Of COURSE the Dragon would do this. It turned out great... but stuck down in 18th place? People have no taste!

jzelts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzelts

wow-- i love hte shading!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
squidboots wrote:This depicts the Greek myth of Icarus, who was overcome with the sublime feeling of flight during his escape from Crete and flew too close to the sun despite his father's warnings, which melted the wax in his wings and caused him to fall to his death. I see greed as desiring something too much (be it material watch or simply a feeling), just as Icarus was blinded by his own greed to fly higher into the sun.

Resub: Mirrored image and added "Greek Pants" (so I can sleep at night knowing it's undoubtedly PG-13) and sandals.

Wasn't Icarus overcome by the joy of flying and just forgot to not fly too high? I really don't think the story of Daedalus and Icarus had anything to do with greed.

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: In Pursuit of the Dollar

I can't believe this isn't in the fog. It fits the theme perfectly, is very clever, not on a grey shirt, and incredibly wearable. Instead we have monkeys, a pig, and another penguin. PAAAaaaAAaaaanCAAAAAKES!??? This is why I never even check to see what's on sale fri-sun. I know it's something I'll never buy because I'm over the age of 10. Oh well.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

sailstud25

awesome!

jzelts

Re: Blinded (resub)

This reminds me of my favorite poem:

Icarus fell
but oh
what a tan.

cwilco01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwilco01

cuteness!!!!!!! I want one

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

great design. Love the shading. I'm so glad I bought an olive shirt from woot already, so I know how nice the color is in person! This is a very wearable shirt that says "greed" without saying it so loud that you'd have to explain it to everyone.

I'm collecting beach t-shirts, and this is perfect for going to our (hermit-crab over-populated) beach!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
Josephus wrote:Wasn't Icarus overcome by the joy of flying and just forgot to not fly too high? I really don't think the story of Daedalus and Icarus had anything to do with greed.

I think it's a matter of literary interpretation. We talked about this very issue in my undergrad classic lit course (whether it was forgetfulness or blatant disobedience) as in the literature his motivations are never really mentioned:

"They passed Samos and Delos on the left and Lebynthos on the
right, when the boy, exulting in his career, began to leave the
guidance of his companion and soar upward as if to reach heaven.
The nearness of the blazing sun softened the wax which held the
feathers together, and they came off. He fluttered with his
arms, but no feathers remained to hold the air. While his mouth
uttered cries to his father, it was submerged in the blue waters
of the sea, which thenceforth was called by his name."

I tend to interpret it as an act of selfish disobedience. I've also seen the myth used to describe situations in modern culture where people get too greedy and meet negative consequences as a result.

splitterd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages splitterd
tgentry wrote:Still in the fog! And yet I have the sinking sensation that it won't last. tub o' butter kings just can't go the long haul against cute pigs, monkeys, and penguins. It's been proven time and time again. But I hold out hope.

GMV for various reasons! 1. I agree that the monkeys and pigs should burst into flames 2. I would actually wear this 3. For some reason I like buying multiple shirts in a derby and I'll definitely get Cho's penquins if it's available. Oh yes, and tub o' butter kings are a strange strange fetish of mine...or is it geography...I get confused sometimes.

xojc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xojc

Two tuxedos is just excessive.

jzelts

Aberrantic wrote:Hmm, maybe I'm looking at this wrong, but it was instantly apparent to me how this was greed... The woman is greedily collecting the hearts of men, always chasing after just one more, with no concern to the men themselves.

After this post, and my response, several men chimed in, many agreeing with your more sinister interpretation. Is it her gracefulness can be interpreted as heartless nonchalance? who knows. but interesting to look at one's work again and see something different.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs

Can you post a larger and less compressed picture of the image? I pulled all these colors out of it in Paint.

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek
JDFive0 wrote:Im only voting once this derby, and this is BY FAR the best. Great illustration with awsome detail....GMV!!

thanks man that means a lot to me!

dsladek

slysappysucker wrote:man! this is definitely my favorite so far. the expression! its perfect. I can't believe the monkeys are still in the fog after this...

yeah its unfortunate that I didn't get mine posted before the monkeys shirt... but oh well. thanks for the comments!

dsladek

Amach06 wrote:This shirt has to win. ITs amazing. Great Artwork.

thanks a bunch dude!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Greedy wishes

I love this Zenne, great idea 'trapping' the king in the lady's grasp. Nicely done.

makselarts

sevenseas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sevenseas
Re: Greedy Conquistador

How can this not be in the fog? This is an awesome design.