makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: Now the Moon the Sun could wait til Morning (resub

Yes I know the bounding box... Just screams she is new and doesn't know what she is doing! By next derby I just may get it right ..thanks!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus
nulli wrote:The key words being pretty much. Excess means more then is required, or needed. Greed is an excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth. So greedy penguins by nature are excessive, and wear two tuxedos.

I don't think I pointed out to or accused you of being unoriginal. Thats must be something you read into, I am not one to put others down

No, no. You didn't. I didn't write that. I'm trying to remember what I wrote that would have been filtered into that. I still I am an un-original person to see how this shirt represents greed. The fact that the penguin is wearing two tuxedos doesnt justify it for me. And someone above said that he is obviously greedy, but I don't see how obvious that is.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
kylemittskus wrote:No, no. You didn't. I didn't write that. I'm trying to remember what I wrote that would have been filtered into that. I still I am an un-original person to see how this shirt represents greed. The fact that the penguin is wearing two tuxedos doesnt justify it for me. And someone above said that he is obviously greedy, but I don't see how obvious that is.

Well you can sort of think as the penguin as a scrooge or a stereotypical successful business person. The penguin is well off but he's exploiting all the other little penguins to get to the top. He has so much but he refuses to help those who aren't as fiscally advantaged, in fact abusing them to further his gain. He's just greedy and needs more, more, more, and always at the expense of others.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

BrIanPir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrIanPir
mjl9320 wrote:It's not a pig clenching money, so I see where the confusion comes from. However, to answer your question- Planting a flag is somewhat synonymous with claiming land. This design illustrates Americans being greedy by claiming land that isn't really theirs. After all, it belongs to the aliens because they were there first, right?

Exploration. Discovery. Adventure. All of those, yes. Greed, no. Especially after your explanation. Thanks.

I can't vote for this since it is off-topic. No one looking at this on a shirt would immediately think, "Greed! What a fantastic representation of greed!" l ol Besides, aliens are right up there with pirates and ninjas.

Now that you were so kind as to point out the pig hugging money, I've given my vote to that one instead. Voting helped clear that confusion right up. Any other art you'd like for me to not give my vote to?

cittena

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cittena
Re: Oooo Shiney!

Great design, but don't like the color. It is not just greedy - I think the title should be kleptomaniac..

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Re: The Greediest Little Bunny There Ever Was

Every other time I look at my design, I've got a new vote. =) Despite it being lost in the haze, a few of you still notice. =) Thank you so much for you who voted; it's not many, but each one means an awful lot to me. Thank you, again. =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

eHalcyon

BrIanPir wrote:Exploration. Discovery. Adventure. All of those, yes. Greed, no. Especially after your explanation. Thanks.

I can't vote for this since it is off-topic. No one looking at this on a shirt would immediately think, "Greed! What a fantastic representation of greed!" l ol Besides, aliens are right up there with pirates and ninjas.

Now that you were so kind as to point out the pig hugging money, I've given my vote to that one instead. Voting helped clear that confusion right up. Any other art you'd like for me to not give my vote to?

I think it's a bonus that it isn't obviously greed. If you think about it though, it is. Sometimes it's nice to have a shirt that takes a little thought.

Then again, it was pretty much obvious to me how this was greed when I first looked at it...

eHalcyon

cittena wrote:Great design, but don't like the color. It is not just greedy - I think the title should be kleptomaniac..

I'm not sure, but I thought kleptomania was a condition where a person was unable to control their thieving, i.e. stealing without even being aware of their crimes. This image is clearly not that. =P

skaght

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaght

I like your style dsladek, reminds me a lot of Sylvain Chomet. Good luck this week!

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
Re: self portrait lol

Welcome back Edgar! I wish I had 1000 votes to give you since this shirt is AWESOME.

peanutpie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peanutpie

Thanks for the kind words, guys. This is my second attempt at t-shirt design, and I'm feeling much more confident in this one than I did in my last one.

brent16 wrote:kinda messy... as in the blood.

I thought of giving this a cleaner/less gory look, but that wouldn't ring true to the real "zombie spirit", IMO. Anyways, you gotta break some skulls to make a... br-omelette?

skaght

Re: Shell Competition

crustaceans rock! \m/ Nicely done.

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: Greedy Weed

I cannot believe this got rejected because it wasn't 'clear' which plant was supposed to be greedy. Obviously the greed was noticed if you can't even tell which plant was supposed to be the greedy one, and that's the theme this week, is it not?? Yet a cupcake in a bear trap, which is getting pretty close to the fog, gets to stay in the derby. A cupcake in a bear trap? WOW, that shows greed WAY better than this shirt. No, a cupcake in a bear trap doesn't show greed at all, but then again this shirt probabaly wasn't made for a 9 year old and well, a cupcake in a bear trap I can only guess a kid would wear, and that's all woot seems to be targeting in this derby. Although, you can go find a cupcake shirt at any department store for a few bucks if you'd like to buy one for your kid, and call it greed. Then you wouldn't even have to wait for it to ship.

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: DANGER! cupcake

This doesn't show greed at all. It looks like something a really obese person might wear to remind them to stay off the sweets. I hope it gets rejected.

skaght

Re: (Sel)fish RESUB 2

I think I liked resub 1 better. But I understand why you changed it. What can you do? Woot should give us more time between the announcement and the actual derby to perfect our entries. Still very nice.

peanutpie

Re: Oil Kings

Fantastic. Definately GMV.

skaght

Re: Brains for lunch, brains for breakfast, brains...

Hey peanutpie, love the zombie, especially love the swirly brains!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Sign Greed

cool idea. I wonder if this will be considered text!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus
eHalcyon wrote:Well you can sort of think as the penguin as a scrooge or a stereotypical successful business person. The penguin is well off but he's exploiting all the other little penguins to get to the top. He has so much but he refuses to help those who aren't as fiscally advantaged, in fact abusing them to further his gain. He's just greedy and needs more, more, more, and always at the expense of others.

Ok. But he doesn't have that much. He has a suit and a nice walking stick and a monocle. And didn't you say this shirt was ugly anyway? (Which I agree with).

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
kylemittskus wrote:Ok. But he doesn't have that much. He has a suit and a nice walking stick and a monocle. And didn't you say this shirt was ugly anyway? (Which I agree with).

hahha, man you crack me up. hahahaha <3

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
Re: King of the Carrots

Heh I thought this was Sokowa's from the thumbnail. Evil bunnies are a plus for me.

jamescho84

Re: King of the Carrots

love the colors in this.

jamescho84

Re: Greedy Conquistador

for gods sake zenne, stay in the fog :] gmv

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: Now the Moon the Sun could wait til Morning (resub

Good luck - it's looking good!

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: It's Ours Now

Only weighing in because I have a friend who's wanted this shirt for weeks:

http://www.bustedtees.com/finderskeepers

Check out my blog:Here!

jamescho84

derekfilley wrote:Only weighing in because I have a friend who's wanted this shirt for weeks:

That's some nice detective work Lou. Or is it fine detective work?

KittyStyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KittyStyle

Can I just say apart from cupcakes being delicious...off topic...I absolutely LOVE that this is on a bright happy color. I am SICK of gray and brown.

titan1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages titan1234
Re: Bad Monk

I steal food all the time

peppersabaddog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peppersabaddog
derekfilley wrote:Only weighing in because I have a friend who's wanted this shirt for weeks:

in the world of shirts that isn't even remotely close.
what planet did you claim for yourself that you think this is comparable?
wow i guess that means all those dragons should be disqualified since other people have put a dragon on a shirt before huh?

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
Re: There can be only one

Greed will drive people (candy corns) to do horrible things for ultimate power! THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520

Yes, this is only 6 colors (the "7th" color of the sword's handle is actually the shirt background.

jamescho84

Highlander!!

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

this is so ridiculous I HAVE to vote! hahahaha!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

kpetrasko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpetrasko

Wow, thanks everyone for all the votes and comments! I didn't expect this to get much attention. Here is a better image of the illustration for anyone who was curious. Thanks again for the support!

skaght

Re: Oooo Shiney!

Like your style dsladek. Kinda reminds me of Sylvain Chomet. Good luck this week!

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts

ATho1100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ATho1100
Re: Piggy bank hunting

this is my firs desighn so i need a little help on how to put it on the t-dead weasels... plzz help... thanks

ATho1100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ATho1100
Re: Piggy bank hunting

i meant t- shirt so plzz help....

peanutpie

Re: Fool's Paradise

E-gads, how did your submission get past me, Skaght! Solid gold again. :D

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

Well done! GMV :D