Aberrantic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aberrantic
eHalcyon wrote:I saw it as light-hearted and I'm a guy. I guess I just don't see women as evil like that. ;)

Well, I'm a woman, so maybe I'm just cynical.

maximus123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maximus123
Re: Bad Monk

can i buy this shirt anyways? i love it!

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Copo wrote:Yeah, all three of your shirts are really well designed. I like the style.

Aww, thanks

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane

I really really like this design. I think though, that the population is too male for a shirt this feminine to be happytastical. I want one.

jasontehman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasontehman
Re: MINE!

l ol at first I thought it was a rat hugging the world, but its just a guy with a tiny face. I great idea though!

sevenseas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sevenseas
Re: You Can't Eat Just One

Well, I can shrink it down if that is the problem.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
kylemittskus wrote:That's not saying much about yourself there killer.

chortle!

jasontehman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasontehman
Re: Having YOUR cake and eating it too!

without the title, I don't really see the greed theme. Green is money, not necessarily greed.

kraciwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kraciwo
Re: greedy mouse

Second mouse always gets the cheese.

samwaltzjunk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages samwaltzjunk

Hotness. I want one for my boyfriend!

mwm8180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
rglee129 wrote:Beautiful work. Sometimes terrific designs like this win, sometimes, sadly, they get almost no recognition. I would consider making your design detail more attention grabbing next time (if you want more votes). Regardless, great stuff!

(Sel)fish RESUB 2

hey thanks for the support, i had alot of fun doing this one, very different from anything ive ever made before, and im supper happy w/ the end results.

as for my design details, the first time i saw it after i submitted it i realized i must have been smoken crack when i made it.
ahh well. its a great piece for my portfolio which is the only reason i really do this anyways (grow was just a lucky break for my bank account... hehehe)

anyways, thanks again, i hope your squidly gets into the fog. i love him so, and all his little fishes. he deff gmv.

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
Re: Dog Gone Greedy

I like the dog in this one and the perspective, nice job! GMV!

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69

I noticed bluchez's request for sources on dragon entries in one of the other entry threads. I figure they're all personal interpretations, but I guess I just feel like sharing about mine.... I've tried to draw dragons for a couple past derbies, but couldn't make it work. When this derby was announced, I decided that was going to be the day I actually finished a dragon. I looked dragons up online and pretty much found they can look like anything from a bird to a snake, 4 legs, 2 legs, feathery, scaley, spikey, with or without head plates/spikes, bat wings, bird wings, beak nose, lizard nose.... really pretty much anything goes. In the end, there was nothing I found to use as a "reference" from which to draw my dragon, but a lot of ideas for what could be included. My sister (who's into such things) said she liked the skinny-head/long-nosed type with crests and spikes on the back, which was a good enough starting point for me. You can see some of the work-in-progress above starting with the sketch I settled on and including my first (failed) attempt at the head. I basically painted the whole thing in PhotoShop not knowing if I'd try to make a line drawing of it or just go with the spot colors when I was done. Just the painting turned out to be challenge enough -- by the time the derby opened, going with spot colors was the best I could do. People weren't digging the original background, so I took it down, took a nap, and resubmitted in the evening, sans archway background.

Like I said earlier, it may not be seeing the fog, but I'm really happy to have just gotten a dragon to look right (to me at any rate) and I really appreciate the votes it's getting. Of course there are things I'd do differently "next time"....

Anyhow, that's my story. If the end result is working for you, I appreciate the vote!

aidenb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aidenb
Re: MINE!

Looks like John Lithgow.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: The Green-Eyed Monster

I don't want to be a party pooper, but the 'Green Eyed Monster' refers to Envy, not Greed.

samwaltzjunk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages samwaltzjunk

What a great Hallowe'en shirt! Sweet!

wrongidea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrongidea
Re: Arborial Avarice

How's a tree supposed to get any photosynthesis done around here, anyway?

nkardos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nkardos
Re: Piggy bank hunting

for a first design its really good. i cant think of a good one for this derby, so far i've only designed 1, and i only used ms paint. lol

pilfpolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pilfpolf
mjpupillo wrote:i appreciate your rant, as that is the case. it must be the same clip art. i didn't undestand the need to disclose my legal rights to use clip art. thank you for assuming that i did not trace another entry, as i would not do that.

i also appreciate your honesty about voting for original work. i have learned my lesson here and will stick to hand drawn original works in the future.

to everyone who voted for my idea, thank you. next time i'll execute without the aid of clipart. i wish the reason for rejection would be changed, however, to reflect what happened. i did not trace another entry and anyone who fails to click on the rejected image will think that i did.

thanks,

mjpupillo

I AM SO SAD this is\was my all time fav shirt ;(

redghia69

JadenKale wrote:Re: The Green-Eyed Monster

I don't want to be a party pooper, but the 'Green Eyed Monster' refers to Envy, not Greed.

Ah, that's just the title. He's sitting on a wad of cash -- looks greedy to me! I like 'im. Pretty freeky.

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320

the attempt at a shine effect on the coins is really poorly done. also, said effect is missing from the edge of the coin on the pig's leg

sharonjoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharonjoo
Re: No Bananas For You

WHAT? why did this get rejected?
i was looking forward to this being one of the top three so i could purchase it
=(

<><

anarchyvirus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anarchyvirus
slysappysucker wrote:well thanks!
this is my first shirt design i've ever submitted.... i obviously was not aware of my audience. but when I think greed the first thing that comes to mind is politics. I suppose woot shirts tend to favor the animated whimsical sort of designs, nothing too serious. ah, well.

sorry the shirt got canned it was pretty cool, you may want to submit it to unamerican.com

as for woot, why the neon angry mole footing?

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter
mjl9320 wrote:the attempt at a shine effect on the coins is really poorly done. also, said effect is missing from the edge of the coin on the pig's leg

I like the effect. You don't seem to be very encouraging. How can you say ill things to such a cute little piggy??

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
Re: Greedy Kids Pull Teeth Early

yigzat wrote:Unfortunately, you're in the minority in this contest... which stinks. I liked this design too

I voted for this one, too.

Blanch1000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blanch1000
Re: Oooo Shiney!

Even if I really like some of the designs in the derbies, it's very rare that I see one that I'd want to actually buy as a shirt. The problem with this derby is there's now two that I know I'm most likely gonna end up being unable to resist (assuming they're both printed).

Not super crazy about the placement, but it's a cool idea expressed wonderfully by the great illustration. I love the cop.

(GMV, obviously.)

redghia69

WonderWooter wrote:I like the effect. You don't seem to be very encouraging. How can you say ill things to such a cute little piggy??

No kidding. I don't usually vote for a lot of entries, and usually the less popular at that, but this one got my vote early. Not for me to wear, but in the hopes that others will get the chance. The amount of expression portrayed with those few simple lines (not even a mouth) gets me every time I look at it.

wrongidea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrongidea
Re: Arborial Avarice

For the record, I only just now saw toby8915's entry after submitting this. Hopefully my design illustrates the "greed" theme better and is different enough to avoid rejection.

retardedhusky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages retardedhusky
Re: The Green-Eyed Monster

Awesome art!

amyjem321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amyjem321

Why was this rejected??? I kn haz sadness? !

kriscad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kriscad
Re: Bowl Hog (Black)

i like it

this caught my eye!

nice work!

kriscad

Re: It's Ours Now

i love it!

great design!

kriscad

lilozors

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilozors

Hope that box doesn't mean the moon will get cut out of the final printing! GMV again though.

jabman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jabman

Gotta love it... They'll do it every time. Money can't buy you happiness or love but it can take you shopping!! That reminds me, I gotta head out to the mall

andreus71990

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andreus71990
Re: Blinded (resub)

Way to go with that Icarus Reference. I'm not entirely sure as to how Icarus was greedy however. Perhaps a bit overconfident, but greedy is a bit of a stretch. Great shirt though.

TheEncoder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheEncoder
skaght wrote:Hey peanutpie, love the zombie, especially love the swirly brains!

is there no way to get this shirt :'(

honestly I look at the site often and rarely find something I really want and I found this one and I want it

Rainbowsaurus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rainbowsaurus
Re: DANGER! cupcake

To make this gluttony, there would have to be someone eating it. I see it working for greed as someone wants to keep the cupcake so they put it on a trap so no one else will touch it.

Great design though, definitely my favorite!

mattyfresh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattyfresh
Re: Elephant Style

grow up indeed

zillybong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zillybong