Aullios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aullios
kriscad wrote:i love it!

great design!

I work on a space base. I need this shirt to win

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
ansharp wrote:This is a great design, but I don't think it conveys greed that well. Maybe you should save it for another derby or submit as a daily. Great color combo, though!

Thanks for the props! I need to find the time to work on dailys. Until I have that time, creative color derby combos will have to do. :^)

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
JadenKale wrote:I don't want to be a party pooper, but the 'Green Eyed Monster' refers to Envy, not Greed.

Such a party pooper.

"Are you unpoopular? Do you pop out at parties?"

bumpass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bumpass
Re: It's Ours Now

The government keeps a lot of things from us...

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester
fablefire wrote:Endejester... that sounds really familiar...

Are you the Endejester of gaiaonline's B/C forums?

Cute entry in any case.

*Blink*
Yes....yes actually I am O_O
And on deviant art... hi *^_^* (I hope thats a good thing...wow, someone knows my user name XD)

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
Re: take take take

agree with all the comments - this is a well conceived & executed design. wish it were doing better. "cute" renditions of greed make baby jesus cry. except tgentry's "mine!" which makes me cry cuz it's on cream
though both still have my vote

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
endejester wrote:*Blink*
Yes....yes actually I am O_O
And on deviant art... hi *^_^* (I hope thats a good thing...wow, someone knows my user name XD)

Ahah! Thought so! That would make sense I guess after the holiday stuffs. <3

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: The Green-Eyed Monster

I had the same thought as Jaden. Shakespeare used that phrase in his play Othello to refer to envy. I was about to ask why this was greed, when I read redghia's comment about the cash. I had to look again to see that's what the monster was sitting on. I originally thought it was a bow!

So while this is a great drawing, I don't think of greed when I see this, just a monster.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Mine! Ya Got That?

So I've gotta ask, would this have done better if I had made the bag orange with a halloween face on it? Because I have a version saved with that on the bag.

mjc613

bumpass wrote:The government keeps a lot of things from us...

It's for your own good.....

mjc613

Re: yeah hi snake

THis does not follow at least 2 of woot's rules.
This is not on a tshirt template. For this particular derby, we are not supposed to use text.

I also am concerned that this is not on theme. How does this portray greed?

I recommend withdrawing this design, and resubmitting on one of the templates available on the entry page, and removing the text. If you can make the snake look more greedy that would help as well.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
BrIanPir wrote:Exploration. Discovery. Adventure. All of those, yes. Greed, no. Especially after your explanation. Thanks.

I can't vote for this since it is off-topic. No one looking at this on a shirt would immediately think, "Greed! What a fantastic representation of greed!" l ol Besides, aliens are right up there with pirates and ninjas.

Now that you were so kind as to point out the pig hugging money, I've given my vote to that one instead. Voting helped clear that confusion right up. Any other art you'd like for me to not give my vote to?

l*o*l ..good one..
sorry cho.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

markmilliren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markmilliren

I am very surprised that this shirt was rejected. I feel the theme couldn't be more accurately represented in this design. Oil is the second most important thing for human sustenance, with water being #1. If you don't believe me, imagine what would happen if all the oil in the world disappeared tomorrow. Oil isn't just used for gasoline, it is also a lubricant. Lubricants keep mechanical machinery running. Therefore, if you remove all the oil from existence, industry would shut down. Food plants would shut down. Vehicles wouldn't budge(and it isn't just because of lack of gasoline.) The fact is that the world we know today has grown so dependant on oil, that we would not be able to live more than a day or two without. Much the same as if you removed all the water from existence, if you took all the oil from existence nearly everyone would die. This inherent need for oil is what drives an immense amount of greed within people. The oil industry is one of the greediest markets in the world, if not the greediest. In my opinion, a sipmle oil rig in front of a setting sun is the epitome of greed. Sun setting leads to darkness, much the same the constantly digging for oil will lead to darkness(an end to civilization). Maybe these thoughts are irrational and extreme, I'm not trying to suggest that they are fact, but it is entirely possible.

I appeal your decision to reject this design. Just because it isn't as straight forward as other designs doesn't mean that it's underlying themes don't capture the concept of this design derby.

Thank you,

Mark Milliren

P.S. I didn't actually design this shirt. My extremely talented older brother put together the design and I submitted it on his behalf.

jonomc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonomc

this is one of the best executions i've seen in my short woot experience. the clever and unique concept doesn't hurt either. very very well done
:^J

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
redghia69 wrote:One happy face ring to rule them all

This unlikely band of (mostly) furry woodland creatures have come together to rid the middle-arbor of the legendary plastic happy face ring, injection molded by Sourpuss in the land of Taiwandor. Seventy thousand or so rings were cast, but it was Sourpuss’s greed for power that lead him to cast the one ring -- one ring to rule them all. The ring bearer, a lowly chimpmunk, has been charged with destroying the ring in the molten polymers whence it came.

Ok, a parody -- beyond greed for money is the desire (greed) for power, even absolute power, as is the main theme of LotR, and it was a movie poster of the same which inspired this design.

Yeah?

I think you've been breathing the fumes of that melted plastic... ;^)

septober

quality posts: 0 Private Messages septober
Re: Now the Moon the Sun could wait til Morning (resub

Great design. You get my vote. Hope you win.

mjc613

Re: My Poo, Not For You

It's difficult to tell what the monkey on the right is holding without help from the title. And that's a good thing!

mjc613

Re: Over Eating

I think this is gluttony, not greed.

But more important, it looks like you used more than 6 colors.

mjc613

markmilliren wrote:I am very surprised that this shirt was rejected. [ words deleted to save space]

I appeal your decision to reject this design. Just because it isn't as straight forward as other designs doesn't mean that it's underlying themes don't capture the concept of this design derby.

Mark, this should go in an e-mail to woot. The people who read these comments may agree with you, and may vehemently agree with you, but we can't do anything for you.

That being said, Woot has never unrejected anything to my knowledge. They have apologized for an incorrect rejection, but once the reject flag goes up, it stays. I don't think they have a way in the software to unreject.

That being said, write to woot and see if you can get them to agree to let you resubmit without them rejecting the second try. With the deadline for entries being Wed Noon Central, you need to get busy.

It also helps to put this kind of description in the first post of the thread for an entry.
Good luck!

MusicMama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MusicMama
JadenKale wrote:So I've gotta ask, would this have done better if I had made the bag orange with a halloween face on it? Because I have a version saved with that on the bag.

I think it might have done better - I know I would have voted for it earlier if it had. (I really voted for this one because it was yours, it was cute, but I haven't been a big fan of most of the designs this week. And last week, yet again, my favorite design was 4th in the fog.)

johnnybw00t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnybw00t
Re: Greed and Chocolate

brilliant

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

MusicMama wrote:I think it might have done better - I know I would have voted for it earlier if it had. (I really voted for this one because it was yours, it was cute, but I haven't been a big fan of most of the designs this week. And last week, yet again, my favorite design was 4th in the fog.)

I wanted the pi shirt too.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

redghia69

One happy face ring to rule them all
This unlikely band of (mostly) furry woodland creatures have come together to rid the Middle-Arbor of the legendary plastic happy face ring, injection molded by Sourpuss in the land of Taiwandor. Seventy thousand or so rings were cast, but it was Sourpuss’s greed for power that lead him to cast the one ring -- one ring to rule them all. The ring bearer, a lowly chimpmunk, has been charged with destroying the ring in the molten polymers whence it came.

Ok, a parody -- beyond greed for money is the desire (greed) for power, even absolute power, as is the main theme of LotR, and it was a movie poster of the same which inspired this design.

Yeah?

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

sailstud25 wrote:awesome!

Hey, I just noticed your sig. Thanks for the support! ^_^;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

endejester

fablefire wrote:Ahah! Thought so! That would make sense I guess after the holiday stuffs. <3

XD! OH! *laughs* Hi then :D Wow <3 you have a bloody good memory for names then XD

mjc613

Re: One happy face ring to rule them all

I love the contrast between the animal's serious expressions and the ring's.

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: Now the Moon the Sun could wait til Morning (resub

Thank you so much Septober! I'm a little late to be in it..but it's all good practice.

endejester

Re: MINE!

first time I've seen a cream colored shirt I'd wear :3 (I normally buy darker colors)
But I love the very simple colors you used. It really adds to it and I really hope it stays in the fog.

jzelts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzelts
eHalcyon wrote:I saw it as light-hearted and I'm a guy. I guess I just don't see women as evil like that. ;)

good on ya!

jzelts

lessthanthree wrote:Quite a lovely design - even if it doesn't seem particularly greedy. I love the shirt.

Thanks, ltt. the girl's greed is just meant to be a harmless one-- a possibly difficult concept given that it is considered one of the deadly sins ;) But I appreciate your compliment!

thewarrior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewarrior
Re: One happy face ring to rule them all

Good job on the detail and color selection. im not to sure if i like the group of animals on the lower bottom tho

thewarrior

Re: Root of Evil

quite literally huh!
i presume that the outer rectangle square is not part of the design, make note to remove this next time

jzelts

tiernane wrote:I really really like this design. I think though, that the population is too male for a shirt this feminine to be happytastical. I want one.

Yes I thought of that. Think of this shirt as counterprogramming, like airing "Sex and the City" on the night of the Super Bowl

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: Shell Competition

Vote Hermit Crab!!!!!

redghia69

thewarrior wrote:Good job on the detail and color selection. im not to sure if i like the group of animals on the lower bottom tho

Weasels to represent the Nazgûl.... Thanks for the compliment though!

thewarrior

Re: the color of money

very nice design
I really like how you put everything together esp the background with the presidential oval from paper money, I wouldnt wear it due to the color of the shirt but I do really like the design, personally would of liked to seen it in black

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence

:[

Yeah, f­ail

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

thewarrior

Re: The World Is Mine (Resub x2)

a little he/she devil!, simple but awesome!!
great colors esp the white
you got my vote

thewarrior

Re: There Will be Greed

not to sure on the placement and the size, could of seen alot more potential if the face was bigger