dijit4l

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dijit4l
Re: Gas is up and my paycheck is gone.

That's pretty awesome. I hope it doesn't get rejected because it contains text. Perhaps if you had the fuel icon and an icon for a wallet instead.

--dijit4l

floridian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages floridian
ejseader wrote:What does this have to do with "greed"?

Can't afford to fill up the tank anymore. Oil companies profits are at record levels, yet the price at the pump keeps going up. Greed at its finest.

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
inkpassion wrote:...however the ears for some reason are bothering since they are more human ears the pig ears ...

Remember "Animal Farm"?

Well, some T-shirts are more equal than others.

The other comment I would like to make: it's cute, but unlike the Waterhorse knock off, it's so extremely well executed!!!

gmv, fo sho.

Where to wear: the bank when asking for a loan
Where not to wear: Honeybaked Ham store asking for a spiral cut on rye with honey mustard.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
redghia69 wrote:One happy face ring to rule them all
This unlikely band of (mostly) furry woodland creatures have come together to rid the Middle-Arbor of the legendary plastic happy face ring, injection molded by Sourpuss in the land of Taiwandor. Seventy thousand or so rings were cast, but it was Sourpuss’s greed for power that lead him to cast the one ring -- one ring to rule them all. The ring bearer, a lowly chimpmunk, has been charged with destroying the ring in the molten polymers whence it came.

Ok, a parody -- beyond greed for money is the desire (greed) for power, even absolute power, as is the main theme of LotR, and it was a movie poster of the same which inspired this design.

Yeah?

YEAH!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

ey13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ey13
dijit4l wrote:That's pretty awesome. I hope it doesn't get rejected because it contains text. Perhaps if you had the fuel icon and an icon for a wallet instead.

I will probably resubmitt it. Go me for not reading the fine print.

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
Re: The Tycoon of ICE

Maybe those open pit mining penguins have medical benefits, life insurance benefits, 401k and long term disability benefits. As well as collective bargaining.

He just might be a rich, entrepreneurial penguin instead of a greedy robber-baron penguin.

I mean, this is the 00's. And those diamonds might be moissanite. You never know. Just because el jefe doesn't dress like Bill Gates or other latter day fortune 100 guys, doesn't mean he's a greedy guy. He just has sartorial exuberance.
\

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
Re: Oooo Shiney!

Like it a lot...to me it looks very Dr. Seuss-ian. Are you influenced by him?

fewa1982

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fewa1982
Re: Feed Me!

It is greed, wanting more, eating an open mouth...

DirtiusMaximus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirtiusMaximus
Re: Gas is up and my paycheck is gone.

They won't be able to print it in any case. They can't do gradients.

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320
SamoaJoe wrote:As I've said 3 times now, only to have all 3 deleted, in my opinion this is an ugly shirt. I don't like the colors, don't like the theme, and don't believe it's something I'd wear without feeling really out of place. It's a perfect shirt for children, but not for any self-respecting adult IMO.

Most self-respecting adults don't wear tee shirts. Don't be angry, just hold out for that occasional winning shirt you do like, no matter how sparse they are. You don't want to spend $10 on a tee shirt every day anyway.

mjl9320

Best design I've seen in a long time. Very creative take on the theme. I really hope this makes it into the fog.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: greedy mouse

This looks great, artulo. I like the skeleton addition and the olive. Too bad it isn't doing better.

eyin42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eyin42
cloudberry wrote:How is off topic? The tooth fairy is so greedy she can't wait for the teeth to fall out so she pulls them out!

it's definitely ON topic. more than some others in the derby

Chimiracle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chimiracle
Re: There can be only one

Why would Highlander Corn want to behead all the other immortal 'corns? For their POWER, that's why!! This design is the essense of greed to me. Awesome, well done!

pineconebryce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pineconebryce

I'd buy it.

phunkygrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phunkygrl

That vacuums it got rejected. Looks like I wont be buying a shirt this round.

Skyler8899

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skyler8899
Re: The Tycoon of ICE

why are flying penguins banned??

SinisterChuckles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SinisterChuckles
Re: Fool's Paradise

Nice! got my vote.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Lemonade ain't cheap here v3!

Third try! Swapped out blue shirt for green to get it down to 6 colors. Also added a stack of bills next to the aspiring con artist.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
redghia69 wrote:Yeah, took a few tries, but then started to work -- I'm still learning. Rodentia seemed to fit the bill on this one. It's been 4 weeks since I drew anything furry, so you can't peg me for rodents only :-). And an owl seemed right for Gandalf. Thanks for the comment!

oh, yeah... I never said rodents only... just the several designs among many others. Bummer it got rejected.

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

amyjem321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amyjem321

So, did the other entry 11238, by Andy47240, use a clip art monkey, too?

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
Re: There can be only one

it's becoming overtly obvious that Joel (or whoever does the rejections) doesn't read the "justify the existence of your shirt" part of submissions. It explained how it had to with greed, as was explained by several posters above...

I'm beginning to wonder why I keep trying this thing... the rejections get really discouraging.

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
Re: Arborial Avarice

I think it's enough to avoid rejection and it clearly demonstrates greed. I mean, c'mon for seriously, this shirt is awesome.

mjl9320

Re: Pretty!

inspired by the spring-a-tron shirt?

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
cloudberry wrote:How is off topic? The tooth fairy is so greedy she can't wait for the teeth to fall out so she pulls them out!

I did no such thing! (heh)

richpowell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richpowell
mjl9320 wrote:inspired by the spring-a-tron shirt?

Huh? I'm new here...not familiar with that shirt. This was actually just something I whipped out after my initial idea got REJECTED! -Rich

irthesteve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irthesteve
Re: Jacked Your Nut

sqirelz r cute!! lolzz@!@!

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
fishyboner wrote:well, Moneys Green!
and money can make monsters out of us all.

It really should be, oh I dunno, maybe... a dragon... then it would be okay....

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
keyser520 wrote:it's becoming overtly obvious that Joel (or whoever does the rejections) doesn't read the "justify the existence of your shirt" part of submissions. It explained how it had to with greed, as was explained by several posters above...

I'm beginning to wonder why I keep trying this thing... the rejections get really discouraging.

I think that you should be happy that you can now enter this in a later derby where it will be more appropriate (and have better submission time) without making changes.

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
bluchez wrote:I think that you should be happy that you can now enter this in a later derby where it will be more appropriate (and have better submission time) without making changes.

You can do that? I thought resubs were killed immediately.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

keyser520 wrote:You can do that? I thought resubs were killed immediately.

Not if it's been rejected as off-topic before. As long as it meets the submission guidelines, no problem.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

richpowell wrote:Huh? I'm new here...not familiar with that shirt. This was actually just something I whipped out after my initial idea got REJECTED! -Rich

The shirt mjl is referring to was sold on March 29th. You're new, but not *that* new. Funny that new is usually what people say. Inspiration doesn't necessarily mean copied either so I don't think you're being accused of anything. And even if you are I wouldn't worry about it.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

katiethemac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katiethemac
Re: MINE!

Well, let me just prepare myself to buy another shirt from TG. =] I have no idea how you do this week after week.. PLEASE keep it up otherwise I'll have to walk around naked all the time, *giggles*.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

Not bad at all. Once you get rid of that pesky jpeg compression on the red colors, this would be a great holiday shirt. I'm kind of sad you decided to forgo a controversial design this derby. GMV, and here's hoping you continue to put that wit to good use in these derbies.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
sailstud25 wrote:oh, yeah... I never said rodents only... just the several designs among many others. Bummer it got rejected.

Yeah, bummer. I thought a quest against greed could work, but figured rejection was a possibility. An entry this late was more about the process anyhow. Next entry should be better for it. I just wish I knew when it was rejected and how well it was doing at the time....

richpowell

superspryte wrote:The shirt mjl is referring to was sold on March 29th. You're new, but not *that* new. Funny that new is usually what people say. Inspiration doesn't necessarily mean copied either so I don't think you're being accused of anything. And even if you are I wouldn't worry about it.

Yup, gotcha. Do I always say what people usually say? I hope not, but it's certainly a possibility. First time submitting here today, I guess that's pretty new. Not worried about a thing, except my taxes.

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
aerodino wrote:I used to have a T-shirt, custom made, with two red stars on the chest. And this was during a point in my life when I was going bra-less! I loved it.

Thanks for that mental image. ~shudder~

richpowell

richpowell wrote:Yup, gotcha. Do I always say what people usually say? I hope not, but it's certainly a possibility. First time submitting here today, I guess that's pretty new. Not worried about a thing, except my taxes.

HOLY .... I just checked out that shirt! Weird. There just ain't an original thought out here anymore. *sigh*...at least my guy had hair.

doogfood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doogfood
Re: May I have Some more?

another penguin? seriously what is it people on shirt.woot and penguins? its way too overrated. im sick of people voting for all penguin or cat related designs.

doogfood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doogfood
Re: World Hunger

I like your idea, and I totally agree on it. However, I personally think that egocentric/ethnocentric would be a better word than greed to describe it. I wonder how many people are gonna bash my comment here....