Jambando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jambando
BrIanPir wrote:Exploration. Discovery. Adventure. All of those, yes. Greed, no. Especially after your explanation. Thanks.

I can't vote for this since it is off-topic. No one looking at this on a shirt would immediately think, "Greed! What a fantastic representation of greed!" l ol Besides, aliens are right up there with pirates and ninjas.

Now that you were so kind as to point out the pig hugging money, I've given my vote to that one instead. Voting helped clear that confusion right up. Any other art you'd like for me to not give my vote to?

You're not very nice, are you?
I think its more important to be a good design than obviously about a topic. I dont buy shirts that portray a theme. I buy shirts that look good that portrayed a theme enough so that woot would print them, l o l
p.s. man, do I hate these woot filters!

ElRicardo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElRicardo
eHalcyon wrote:Even with your explanation... I don't really get it. ^^"

But seriously - what's with the squid? XP

Squid is the new penguin - wait until you see them fly!

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
haxrox wrote:Not bad at all. Once you get rid of that pesky jpeg compression on the red colors, this would be a great holiday shirt. I'm kind of sad you decided to forgo a controversial design this derby. GMV, and here's hoping you continue to put that wit to good use in these derbies.

Thanks for the vote! I really couldn't come up with anything "special" this week. The theme was hard enough as it is. There's more to come....stay tuned.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Green-Eyed Monster

How is this portraying greed?

Deliverance2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deliverance2005

just so you know...they arent fond of pac man

dhertle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhertle

Can't get enough o' them trees!

mjc613

SamoaJoe wrote:As I've said 3 times now, only to have all 3 deleted, in my opinion this is an ugly shirt. I don't like the colors, don't like the theme, and don't believe it's something I'd wear without feeling really out of place. It's a perfect shirt for children, but not for any self-respecting adult IMO.

It's not the message, it's the messenger. You have made it clear that you will throw mud at anything Cho submits, so it's hard to tell when you are just whining or if you have a legitimate comment. Your previous comments were so venomous that woot deleted them. This one is being left up so we can laugh at you.

mjc613

Re: Gaia Grecko

In general, people don't vote for things they think will get rejected. I think this will be rejected for not being on theme.

It also appears to have too many colors (2 greens, 2 browns, black, white, orange).

mjc613

Re: Canary Thug

I agree with richp. This is very funny.

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: Shell Competition

very original! great art!

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm
Re: My Candy!

This made me giggle. gmv for a good laugh

wettoad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wettoad
Re: King of the Carrots

HYSTERICAL! and love the red eyes!

pnkifyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pnkifyd
Re: Mine

can't see the pic

kpengin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpengin

thanks for the blown up image. i really like the detail you put into the shading. been a while since i've seen a design i really thought i could wear. got my vote!

smittycity42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smittycity42
Re: It's Ours Now

Well, dont think we went to the moon for greed, but this shirt dosent really scream that so I love it! Eat it aliens!

SRMN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SRMN

Must, get, this, printed.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
superspryte wrote:Yes, girls. It was kind of fun to write it all up, so no problem. In the future I'll probably continue to do this with entries I really like because I tend to send progress shots back and forth with a couple people anyway. Although I tend to dislike my designs after looking at them for so long. Hee. Anyway, glad you read it and stuff. ^_^

In the future if you're ever curious about my work please ask and I'll post the process, depending on what I have saved. Most of my work is loosely based off of some photo I take (often it's just me in a mirror posing or holding stuff so I can get the shape I want). This time, like I said, it came out of nowhere.

Actually, ‘guys’ would have worked better for me....

I like to see design process too, especially when there’s something that can be learned. It’s interesting to me that you ink right on the lined paper. I’ve tried sketching/drawing in pencil and inking on tracing paper, and that all worked, but then I’d spend forever cleaning up artifacts from the scanner. Do you have the same troubles? Maybe I should try lined paper. ;-)

Anyhow, your dragon’s very cool, as are the colors used. And even knowing the coins are copies of a smaller group, I still can’t pick it. Very cool.

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
Re: MINE!

Drat you Tgentry - Always making me spend ten dollars on your t-shirts - you should be ashamed of yourself ;)

GMV as usual. Very nice and good luck.

aliencam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aliencam
peppersabaddog wrote:in the world of shirts that isn't even remotely close.
what planet did you claim for yourself that you think this is comparable?
wow i guess that means all those dragons should be disqualified since other people have put a dragon on a shirt before huh?

hey chill, he never said it should be disqualified. as far as i can tell he only said "lol cool my friend wants a similar shirt, if this one gets printed i might suggest it to him instead"

PixelatedFooL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixelatedFooL

Best shirt of the Derby. I Hope it can make it to the fog by the end!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Mine

There's no text this week...so if that sign says "Mine" like it looks like it does, then this will get rejected. See if you can create a design that conveys the idea without text.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
derekfilley wrote:Only weighing in because I have a friend who's wanted this shirt for weeks:

http://www.bustedtees.com/finderskeepers

Dumb question...but why doesn't your friend go over to bustedtees and buy it?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Apriori wrote:This shirt is off the hook.
And if AdderXYZ doesn't like it, it totally gets my vote anyways.

I did not know there were two Adders, but I take comfort in knowing the other one agrees that this shirt is not only off topic, but pretty much ludicrous in light of woot printing an anthropomorphic candy corn shirt once before. Congrats, other Adder. Sorry this guy already doesn't like you.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Oooo Shiney!

I just voted, and in spite of my lack of funds, I will buy one.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Tehh4x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tehh4x
Re: The Tycoon of ICE

The Chobomb strikes back.
I voted for it, and personally i love it.
i'd buy
Grats Cho on making the fog the last... well... every derby you enter in.

Tehh4x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tehh4x
Re: Oooo Shiney!

Reminds me of Les Miserables, the novel. lol.

Rudy165

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rudy165

Great design, sadly too late methinks.

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
Re: I Claim This Land for France!

this should take up all four spots in the fog!

although... perfect for anti japanese whale hunter propaganda, im glad you took the high road. i would have taken offense. cause you know everyone loves to eat whale.

heres my whale.

w w
w
w
wwwwwww www www
wwwwwwwwwww wwww www
ww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
w w w w wwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwww

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: Mr. Pac-Man, You Should be Ashamed!

Pac -Man has been banned from the Derby forever, so this will be rejected.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: Gaia Grecko

If it was rejected for being off topic once, it will be rejected for being off topic again and will make the Woot gods (Joel) angry.

tjballew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjballew

damn... don't people ever think about which one is the best *shirt* when they're voting? Yeah ok, the penguin is pimpin, the burglar is funny, and the pig.. has a slot in his head... but this is a shirt I would WEARRRRR. I want it

ruthsdad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ruthsdad

If this loses to the frickin' penguin shirt, I will know that the votes are cooked. I can't even see it losing to globe hugger.

And you'll get some good coin to help pay for tuition.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Mine! Ya Got That?

thanks for all the votes guys and gals!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Wyvern's Hoard

Thanks everyone for the votes!

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
sayah wrote:Dumb question...but why doesn't your friend go over to bustedtees and buy it?

We're poor college kids. 18 bucks is mighty steep for a shirt round these parts.

Check out my blog:Here!

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
ejseader wrote:This reminds me of the Monty Python bunny. Dark, creepy, evil...FANNNNNNTASTIC!

Actually reminds me more of Bunnicula than the one from Monty Python. It's still awesome either way, GMV.

ephobia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephobia

Not only that, but how is this considered greed anyway? This looks like Pac-Playa... or Pac-olo ...

ephobia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephobia
clrussell2 wrote:where can i purchase this shirt at?

Chippendales

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
aliencam wrote:hey chill, he never said it should be disqualified. as far as i can tell he only said "lol cool my friend wants a similar shirt, if this one gets printed i might suggest it to him instead"

i will be nice to you since not everyone is nice to the newer crowd.
that isnt what he was saying.
spend a little time reading the hate for a while before you pick a side dear.
if the name cho is on something you are forced to love it or hate it. period. because the brilliant folk in woot say so.
some things cho makes are great and some kinda suck, but NOBODY in here comments that way. get used to the way it works m'kay?

jarjarbinks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jarjarbinks
Re: Dragon's Gold

Most of it looks awesome but why is he setting his own foot on fire? That kind of ruins it for me.