jesterg86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesterg86
blahmcblah wrote:Actually reminds me more of Bunnicula than the one from Monty Python. It's still awesome either way, GMV.

See, and here I am seeing the were-rabbit from Courage the Cowardly dog...

Oh wait, maybe that was a were-mole that ate rabbits...

Still looks like it though...

Stupid Dog! You made me look bad! OOOGABOOGABOOGA!

Schug Estate
Dry Creek
Vampire
Woot Cellars
Roessler

jarjarbinks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jarjarbinks
Re: Emerald Feed

Meesa no likey dis shirt

jarjarbinks

Re: Teach your children well

I dont' get it what does this have to do with greed.

jarjarbinks

Re: Root of Evil

Cool more trees.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
ElRicardo wrote:Squid is the new penguin - wait until you see them fly!

hahahahaha!!!

renee1112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renee1112
2thFairy wrote:Oh... I NEED this one!

I love this one but I have one complaint (and I can't believe I am saying this)
I think the bone is a bit ...big.

For the shirt.
Yeah...

GMV, regardless!

~R

renee1112

Re: Mine, Mine, Mine...

Love it! Got my vote!!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
ElRicardo wrote:Squid is the new penguin - wait until you see them fly!

Thanks for the new derby idea....look out flying squid!

artulo

ansharp wrote:This looks great, artulo. I like the skeleton addition and the olive. Too bad it isn't doing better.

Thanks! I'm not doing very well with anything this week. The derby is a strange animal.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

redghia69 wrote:Actually, ‘guys’ would have worked better for me....

I like to see design process too, especially when there’s something that can be learned. It’s interesting to me that you ink right on the lined paper. I’ve tried sketching/drawing in pencil and inking on tracing paper, and that all worked, but then I’d spend forever cleaning up artifacts from the scanner. Do you have the same troubles? Maybe I should try lined paper. ;-)

Anyhow, your dragon’s very cool, as are the colors used. And even knowing the coins are copies of a smaller group, I still can’t pick it. Very cool.

Erm, okay, guys then. Thanks! I'm glad you can't pick out the coin layers.

For my drawings, I vectorize and it cleans it up for me. ^_^ Then I go in and fix anything I don't like.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts

markmilliren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markmilliren
mjc613 wrote:Mark, this should go in an e-mail to woot. The people who read these comments may agree with you, and may vehemently agree with you, but we can't do anything for you.

That being said, Woot has never unrejected anything to my knowledge. They have apologized for an incorrect rejection, but once the reject flag goes up, it stays. I don't think they have a way in the software to unreject.

That being said, write to woot and see if you can get them to agree to let you resubmit without them rejecting the second try. With the deadline for entries being Wed Noon Central, you need to get busy.

It also helps to put this kind of description in the first post of the thread for an entry.
Good luck!

Thanks for the support.....it is definitely too late to do anything about this now.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
jarjarbinks wrote:I dont' get it what does this have to do with greed.

I was trying to show that children learn to be greedy from their parents. The doting mother dragon is laying on her pile of goodies, smiling approvingly at her daughter, who has started to amass her own hoard.

inexplicably, the daughter is without shadows, as are parts of the mother, and the daughter's stacks of coins. Small flaws that really stand out to me. :^(

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: The Tycoon of ICE

I think I'm kind of tired of expressionless penguins. Cho has done a great job on the illustration...but no more penguins for awhile, please?

ElRicardo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElRicardo

There's actually just one brown.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
blahmcblah wrote:Actually reminds me more of Bunnicula than the one from Monty Python. It's still awesome either way, GMV.

reminds me quite a bit of the evil Dr. Hamsterviel from Lilo and Stitch, the TV series on Disney.

renee1112

Re: Just... one... more...

Woo a girly shirt!!
Not a skull, pirate, zombie, or bloody monster to be found!

Yay! Got my vote!

ElRicardo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElRicardo
snarkygal wrote:If it was rejected for being off topic once, it will be rejected for being off topic again and will make the Woot gods (Joel) angry.

The resubmit is substantially different in a less is more kind of way. I had also included a description, but I'm not sure why it didn't show up, maybe more than 500 words? Of course, if nobody gets why it's on-topic, it might as well be off topic. In any event, the resubmit was my offering to the Woot God to demonstrate that I had mastered the whole concept of 6 spot colors and the ability to produce a PSD file with each color in a single layer.

renee1112

Re: Give a Dog a Bone

I really like this one!
Being in the dog biz and all, I really want every dog design for this derby!!

~R

artulo

Re: get your own bamboo

No love for pandas this week, eh?

renee1112

Oh and let me know if this doesn't make it and you decide to put it on a shirt anyways! The baby blue and brown are my biz colors and I would totally buy this!

artulo

rglee129 wrote:Beautiful work. Sometimes terrific designs like this win, sometimes, sadly, they get almost no recognition. I would consider making your design detail more attention grabbing next time (if you want more votes). Regardless, great stuff!

I couldn't agree more, the colors are great, the design is really tight and linework is perfect. Tis a shame it doesn't have more votes. Olive tees are acually really nice...I was skeptical until I got my first one

NonDescript

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonDescript
Re: The World Is Just Enough

im pretty sure barney is banned from woot. but if its not. its hard to tell what you're trying to show

kimbo3311

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimbo3311
Re: Shell Competition

Oh man, so close, 6th place!! Come on people we gotta bring in those votes!!

artulo

Re: I Love Cheese

Thanks for the votes, everyone! Yeah, the rat's huge for that big ol cannonball of cheese. I would have gotten in on the blue offering but that's a LOT of blue cheese for me (as much as I like it).

bduboftexas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bduboftexas
Re: Mine, Mine, Mine...

This is so cute!!! I love it

bduboftexas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bduboftexas
Re: Mine, Mine, Mine... part 2

i like that he's got that belly - like he's had one too many bones already!

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
fishyboner wrote:well, Moneys Green!
and money can make monsters out of us all.

Fishy, I can see where you are coming from, but I don't share your view/opinion.
My front lawn is green, string beans are green, and moldy cheese is green, but none of them remind me of greed or can turn most people into monsters.

When I see this drawing, try as I might, I see a monster with an astonishing Victorian bow on his hind quarter, not greed.

mjc613

Re: all mine

Text is not allowed this derby. Is there another way you can show possession, without using any words?

mjc613

Re: dragon

This drawing appears t have gradients. Woot does not allow those, because they don't have equipment to print them.

jzelts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzelts
renee1112 wrote:Woo a girly shirt!!
Not a skull, pirate, zombie, or bloody monster to be found!

Yay! Got my vote!

I'm happy to oblige! Thanks for the support!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Piggy Bank Robber

l o l
This is cute! I bet it would have done really well if you had submitted earlier.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

mjc613

clrussell2 wrote:where can i purchase this shirt at?

It's not for sale, at least not yet.

mjc613

artulo wrote:No love for pandas this week, eh?

Somehow this got lost - and I wish it hadn't. Thanks for designing a red shirt!

easeandgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
mjc613 wrote:This drawing appears t have gradients. Woot does not allow those, because they don't have equipment to print them.

Also Woot doesn't do purple shirts, which is a shame.

easeandgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
richpowell wrote:Yeah, really! I guess my "fogeyness" is showing a bit, this is really fun. I'm really impressed with a lot of the shirts. Good stuff. I bought one a while back and was impressed with the quality as well. I might mention another difference: my guy never gets the butterflies and flies back to Planet Apeish dejected.

Do you have any more information on Planet Apeish? Inquiring minds and all that.

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320
kimbo3311 wrote:Oh man, so close, 6th place!! Come on people we gotta bring in those votes!!

it has a chance. I think it will be close with the theif and or pig

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek
ruthsdad wrote:If this loses to the frickin' penguin shirt, I will know that the votes are cooked. I can't even see it losing to globe hugger.

And you'll get some good coin to help pay for tuition.

lol, I hope so. thanks for your support!

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
JadenKale wrote:Thanks everyone for the votes!

You know... the more Ive seen this the more Ive grown to it. Good job.. GMV now

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
Re: Oil Kings

I wish I could tell how much of the blue splotches in your placement image are supposed to be on the shirt and how many are part of the top right part of the design.. Does that make sense? Basically, I would like to see just the design part of this when it is not overlapping the shirt, because I'm having a hard time distinguishing between the two.

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.