Ismisedearg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ismisedearg

man i liked that

idkid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages idkid

Rich,

I'm sorry your shirt was rejected, but it still shows a lot of talent and I look forward to your next submission with my vote ready!...

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
AtopMtOlympus wrote:Seriously. Chill.

Your internet elitism is exhausting. Get over it.

However, if one were to play your game, one would point out that aliencam has been a member longer than you have. Just because we more-often-than-not prefer to remain silent doesn't mean we aren't paying attention. Bah!

bwahahaha!!!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
tgentry wrote:MINE!

Getting a late start, hope you like.

Darn it, I would have bought this one too! If you end up selling it somewhere else, let us know!
(personally I think that one of the other shirs, ---bleep---, should not have been in the fog. Yours was better.) Sadly, I forgot to vote though.

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
Jack31081 wrote:Seriously? We're going to take one of the most powerful photographs of the last 50 years and use it on a t-shirt about high gas prices?

I'd feel embarrassed to have this on my person.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what photo is he using?

Still single, can't imagine why.

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
Re: MINE!

TGentry, this not being in the fog is a crime.

The last thing Woot needed was more childish shirts of aquatic, flightless birds living almost exclusively in the Southern Hemisphere ( thanks Wikipedia ).

Shame, damn shame.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

KenSPT wrote:TGentry, this not being in the fog is a crime.

The last thing Woot needed was more childish shirts of aquatic, flightless birds living almost exclusively in the Southern Hemisphere ( thanks Wikipedia ).

Shame, damn shame.

I appreciate the support. I actually liked all of the fog shirts, so it makes it not AS bad. Although being 4th or 5th three weeks in a row is getting a little old. Just going to have to try harder.

Failoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan
KenSPT wrote:TGentry, this not being in the fog is a crime.

Shame, damn shame.

I agree I had my eyes set on this one

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
tgentry wrote:I appreciate the support. I actually liked all of the fog shirts, so it makes it not AS bad. Although being 4th or 5th three weeks in a row is getting a little old. Just going to have to try harder.

dang, i really liked your shirt.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Re: Shell Competition

Way to go shell shirt!!!!! I hope this one is the #1 winner.

Carpe shirtem!

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire

O.M.G.

I was going to buy this shirt! Dag yo.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
tgentry wrote:I appreciate the support. I actually liked all of the fog shirts, so it makes it not AS bad. Although being 4th or 5th three weeks in a row is getting a little old. Just going to have to try harder.

Our family is excited about the fog, but we're also disappointed that your shirt dropped, as did zenne's. We're hoping that there are some great 2 or 3 way ties... ;)

Thankfully, I guess, we wanted the 4th place shirts for the past couple weeks, so we're happy there's more than 1 in the fog we like.

Looking forward to what you have coming for the next derby!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

TheNewOriginals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheNewOriginals
Re: Price of Greed

same concept as mine...>: (

BlazinApes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlazinApes
Re: The Tycoon of ICE

This is a must have, cant wait cant wait, love penguins my favorite

sugerhigh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sugerhigh

this shirt is amazing

martiedawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martiedawn
Re: Greedy Conquistador

Awww, man! I really wanted this to win. I even would have bought it despite being broke. Probably better that way, i guess because now I won't have to scrimp on groceries.

nickmazorra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickmazorra

Damn, this is awesome. If it had one i would have bought 3. What's wrong with you guys!!!

jimfrog67

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jimfrog67
Re: Oooo Shiney!

Just wanted to add my voice to what I love about this design:
1) The drawing style is classic and I like its hand-drawn-ness.
2) Love that it tells a story. As a playwright, it inspires me to maybe figure out what that story is (could be that we've got someone who's a compulsive thief and is about to be be caught, thus leading to his reformation; or he's NOT going to be caught, encouraging even bigger and more daring thievery; or maybe it's just a comical character study about this particular thief and his adventures in crime, each one more ridiculous than the last).
3) The color of the star gives it an extra pop and draws your eye right to the heart of the "story."
4) The various items he's already stolen are hilarious.

Thanks for a great design, and if you don't win, at least know that you've put a smile on a lot of people's faces with a great drawing. But I hope you *do* win - if you're in the top 4 I'll be staying up 'til midnight each night this weekend so I can grab it when it comes up!

JIM

tjballew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjballew

no no no, clearly if you try harder and make a better shirt less people will vote for it.. if you want to win draw a fluffy monkey riding an ostrich or something.

I mean, I feel bad insulting the other shirts, but in my mind yours is leaps and bounds above the others, and it's hard not to be bitter... I just don't think a cute little penguin/pig/hermit crab makes a very wearable shirt. not my style..

I guess that's why democracy doesn't work.. can I just be the shirt.woot.dictator?

lostmimic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lostmimic
sugerhigh wrote:this shirt is amazing

I really love Cho's work, I really hope this one doesnt get lost in the fog, missing out on the water one made me sad :'(

Sulrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sulrn
Re: Love of Money

I like'a, very much!

futilesilencer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages futilesilencer
Re: Gimme Gimme Gimme Want Want Want

this idea should not be rejected, it's bad ass

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69

dang, tg, always the bridesmaid....

tjballew wrote:....
I guess that's why democracy doesn't work.. can I just be the shirt.woot.dictator?

Democracy seems to be working as far as picking shirts that will sell, but this is exactly why there has been an appeal to the woot gods to choose at minimum a 4th derby shirt of their liking (regardless of number of votes) for Monday. Judging by sales on current M-Th shirts, they'd probably do well to pick a 5th for Tuesday....

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78

How did this not stay in the fog? So our choices are, ANOTHER penguin, a snail, and a pig???? Wow, I wonder what animals/cartoons will take next weeks derby? Oh well, I can stay away from woot until Monday because I know I won't be missing out on anything wearable for someone over the age of 6. They should call the derby 'Woot's animal/cartoon Derby'. It would be more fitting. See you guys on Monday.

bsimms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsimms
iris420 wrote:Way to go shell shirt!!!!! I hope this one is the #1 winner.

this is going to get third probably, but as long as we get to buy it.

sozoones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sozoones
Re: You Don't Need All Those

wish this one had won in the derby. I really liked it and would have bought it.

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: No Bananas For You

I can't understand why my post, that contained an opinion of mine, would get deleted. Am I being moderated for having an opinion? Yet, all the monkey penis comments were allowed to reamain in the thread. Go woot.

lintbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lintbox

they need to make kid.shirt.woot a reality.. so many great designs such as this are disappearing into the void. a man just cannot wear a pink pig shirt out in public.

dea007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007
Re: The Tycoon of ICE

I have no idea why there are so many penguin haters out there. They're freaking cute!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
futilesilencer wrote:this idea should not be rejected, it's bad ass

it wasn't

leecetheartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leecetheartist
vierraking wrote:This one is the awesome, wheres the love?

Thanks! Perhaps I just didn't submit it early enough...or people didn't realise that there was more to it than the thumbnail.

Or it just didn't hit the right note. Ah well, next time. The upcoming derby isn't quite my cup of tea, but perhaps the one after.

Thank you for your kind words.

If you like mythical animals, enjoy browsing my site! All of the work is my own. Why, yes, I've been doing this for a while now, why do you ask? If you're looking for my Woot entries they're here at my other site. Thank you for your interest!

eyin42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eyin42
Re: Sweet for teeth

I definitely would have bought this

rmbsmishkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmbsmishkin
Re: Sweet for teeth

THANK YOU! That was my exact reasoning for this design.

sog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sog

i missed voting this time, but i can't believe this shirt didnt get voted in....it's easily the best one

i hope they put it back up on the "second chances" derby

Paxsboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Paxsboy

I'll take one.

Falcon4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Falcon4

edit: Wuh? I didn't post this in the forums... PAAAaaaAAaaaanCAAAAAKES!? I was posting this in reply to a derby contestant...

FAILWOOT

summary:
Between 2007 and 2010: lots of woots.

Falcon4

Doesn't help that this is totally not original art... I recognized it right off the bat as an old image I have stored in my "web finds" folder. I found it somewhere online but I don't know where... and it DEFINITELY wasn't tonight. Hell, I think it was a good many years ago. What a blatant ripoff.

But the "that's still text" rejection reason is pretty buttery croissant. No text, no purchase. I don't know who you're trying to appeal to here, Woot...

summary:

Falcon4

WootBot wrote:Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

BAD IDEA.

summary:

centexman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages centexman

This didn't stay in the fog???? DANG! The only one I had any thought of buying, even if on cream. Sorry tgentry... sometimes true genius is just not appreciated.

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek
jimfrog67 wrote:Just wanted to add my voice to what I love about this design:
1) The drawing style is classic and I like its hand-drawn-ness.
2) Love that it tells a story. As a playwright, it inspires me to maybe figure out what that story is (could be that we've got someone who's a compulsive thief and is about to be be caught, thus leading to his reformation; or he's NOT going to be caught, encouraging even bigger and more daring thievery; or maybe it's just a comical character study about this particular thief and his adventures in crime, each one more ridiculous than the last).
3) The color of the star gives it an extra pop and draws your eye right to the heart of the "story."
4) The various items he's already stolen are hilarious.

Thanks for a great design, and if you don't win, at least know that you've put a smile on a lot of people's faces with a great drawing. But I hope you *do* win - if you're in the top 4 I'll be staying up 'til midnight each night this weekend so I can grab it when it comes up!

JIM

thank you so much for your positive remarks. I didn't get in the top three... but Oh well, maybe next time. unfortunately I don't think I will have time to make a design for this weeks derby, you know finals and all that jazz. still If I get my work done then Ill see what I can do. again thanks to everyone who voted and supported me your the best!