cedaroo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages cedaroo
shirt.woot.com wrote:
The one who wiggled like a whore.
&
This shirt tells the world: “I’m an English Major!”

Hey... she's got bills to pay okay?

Don't judge. Don't hate. Just buy the shirt. :-)

the8BitPirate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages the8BitPirate

Using the Raven for a school project right now. Also made me feel better about waking up too late to buy the Lincoln one. Awesome shirt, had to buy

MisterSym

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MisterSym
Myztri wrote:I wanted this one so bad... I am happy I get it. Then again, I am a lit geek who has The Raven momorized. Yeah, the whole thing.

personnemaime wrote:I have the whole thing memorized too! Yeah, all 18 stanzas! Let's be friends.

Then the both of you should be as disappointed as I am of the poor abridgment of this poem. While the design of the shirt is cool, leaving off the best parts of the piece is a crime.

People, if you're going to abridge something, make it a meaningful abridgment!

DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!

antilogic81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antilogic81
amazingrace4u wrote:man i love this shirt except the colors.

I agree, this should have been on Pink...that really embodies Poe's works. =P

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191

My wife's going to hate this one but buying it anyway. I really like the idea/theme.

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

antilogic81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antilogic81
MisterSym wrote:Then the both of you should be as disappointed as I am of the poor abridgment of this poem. While the design of the shirt is cool, leaving off the best parts of the piece is a crime.

People, if you're going to abridge something, make it a meaningful abridgment!

My god...a true fan of Poe...I agree with everything you have said...

IDK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IDK

I love it! In for 2!

dvsdevelopment

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dvsdevelopment

cool shirt...in for 1

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
antilogic81 wrote:My god...a true fan of Poe...I agree with everything you have said...

I was wondering how an English major could stomach wearing it since the original poem is barely recognizable in the abridgement on the shirt. I like the other raven shirt better. More subtle, if you can consider the most recognizable word from the poem plastered across your chest as being subtle.

Carpe shirtem!

scubasm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scubasm

Despite not voting in this derby at all, I got one. I once left a friend a voicemail of me reading the entire poem on Halloween.

barbra2323

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barbra2323

Wow!! I am so happy I checked shirt woot tonight. This is 2 in a row for me

:o)

TheRedComet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheRedComet

Damn you haxrox! I told myself no more shirts, but this is freaking awesome! In for one, might be in for another for my girlfriend! Awesome shirt.

chough42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chough42

Nicely done. In for two... one for me, one for the Gothic Short Stories Prof... kissin' up for the A...

3 Woots
3 Shirts
1 Blushing Over Compliments

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
iris420 wrote:I was wondering how an English major could stomach wearing it since the original poem is barely recognizable in the abridgement on the shirt. I like the other raven shirt better. More subtle, if you can consider the most recognizable word from the poem plastered across your chest as being subtle.

hear hear.

I'd wager most of the people who buy this have not only never read the raven in its entirety (or perhaps not even past "nevermore!"), but won't bother to read what little is preserved in the shirt even owning it. 'Course, I find the rhyme scheme a bit overbearing myself, so even with a better abridgment, I'd have preferred the simpler one.

vynguyen91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vynguyen91
vaxick wrote:I think I'll buy one. Not really sure how this will look up in person, but I have a $5 coupon and I'll take the risk. I'm sure either me or my girl will love this shirt. I know she loves Poe so maybe I'll just order it for her instead unless I like it too much and beg her to share, *giggles*.

How do you get coupons?

dancingnancie427

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dancingnancie427

yay!!! this is my third woot shirt, my other two coming from shirt.woot's first month. i don't follow the derbies, & i wanted the one yesterday... and was bummed that i missed it... but now i'm sooooo glad that i missed it because this one is just so much more awesome!!!

polomex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polomex

Yet another lit nerd here. B.A. in English to prove it. And I lurv everything dark and Poe. Despite the abridgment, I HAD to get one. Many thanks Woot and designer.

personnemaime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages personnemaime
iris420 wrote:I was wondering how an English major could stomach wearing it since the original poem is barely recognizable in the abridgement on the shirt. I like the other raven shirt better. More subtle, if you can consider the most recognizable word from the poem plastered across your chest as being subtle.

Yeah the abridgment leaves a little to be desired, but it's still a cool shirt. In for 1, but still hoping to see mine tomorrow. And yes, subtlety has always been my strong point. Nevermore!

miotu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miotu

really awesome design!! Good job!

personnemaime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages personnemaime
personnemaime wrote:Yeah the abridgment leaves a little to be desired, but it's still a cool shirt. In for 1, but still hoping to see mine tomorrow. And yes, subtlety has always been my strong point. Nevermore!

*giggles*! The filter for l.o.l. is "Nevermore!"

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire

Come on raven #2!

nokaagnew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nokaagnew

I dig it. In for one.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
personnemaime wrote:*giggles*! The filter for l.o.l. is "Nevermore!"

Just gotta try it. Nevermore!

Carpe shirtem!

michellebadura

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michellebadura

am i the only one who wants the shirt with the Woot! description on it instead of the real poem? These descriptions crack me up!

akerbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akerbs
corran24 wrote:at least it's not green adder

or a president that a lot people don't seem to like

Alright! Another pointless debate!

Great shirt, though. My favorite of all the raven shirts.

theFER

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theFER

sweet shirt.. i want one :x

Minowaman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Minowaman

Can we have a Cthulhu one tomorrow?

Everyone has a gameplan, until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

revsy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages revsy

i love this poem
Minnesota alcoholics in the house

jmusal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmusal
sayguh wrote:I bought one but also hoping for the other raven to win tomorrow. Go Ravens!

From the start, I was looking to see this shirt win, although either of the Raven shirts would have been ok.
What I am hoping doesn't happen (sorry) is another raven shirt tomorrow. I wouldn't buy a second shirt about the same poem....

Come on pi!

steyrkat

quality posts: 3 Private Messages steyrkat

Gotta love the bust of Pallas joke. Ordered one!

mortong

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mortong

This got second!??? Wow, okay... when it comes up for sale next week, I'm up for three. This is the best woot shirt I've seen so far.

MJForster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MJForster

Ha, I am SO wearing this to my English class, my professor will love it xD

I figure I'm lucky, I don't generally wait 'till midnight for new woots.

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
mortong wrote:This got second!??? Wow, okay... when it comes up for sale next week, I'm up for three. This is the best woot shirt I've seen so far.

I'm confused, why not buy it now? Oh well, guess it does not matter since it is sold out. WTG!

mortong

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mortong
CAMMS wrote:I'm confused, why not buy it now?

Sold out. After one hour. I'm pissed.

lynngryphon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynngryphon

Holy crap, it's not even 130am and it's already sold out. 2000 shirts gone in just over an hour. Whoa..

It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. ~Anonymus

akerbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akerbs

Wow, that sold out quick. Lucky I got one :-)

oldgrannyshoes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oldgrannyshoes

wow. yeah i'm fairly upset that this is sold out. i missed it by like 10 minutes.

Semsess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Semsess

Staying up was worth it. I would have been mad in the morning to wake up and find this gone.

In line for soup.

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
Semsess wrote:Staying up was worth it. I would have been mad in the morning to wake up and find this gone.

Yeah, I had a hunch it would be this shirt and that it would go fast. I just did not realize it would go this fast, whew!

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB

Glad I got in for one before the sellout. That was quick-like!

Great shirt, congrats.