gChinkin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gChinkin

Don't want to be hatin', but I don't really like this shirt... and I was wondering if I was alone, and it seems so. Everyone else likes it.

So I'll just go I'M BEING ATTACKED BY RABID WEASELS! now ._.

smklung23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smklung23

really like it but i no that some1 is gonna have to be the guy trying to read the whole thing off my torso

bethlehman5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethlehman5

I ordered this shirt as a Christmas gift on 12/10/08 and got my confirmation email and all looked normal. Even my card was charged for it two days later. But the shirt still hasn't come. When I look at my account history, sometimes it shows the order and sometimes it does not. Anyone else had this problem? I love Woot and no one I know has ever had this problem. No reply so far from my service request except the auto reply (I know they are busy, but still...) Help!

pm1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pm1

good news guys
the sales on this shirt are OVER 9000

bpr2

quality posts: 175 Private Messages bpr2

I just received mine today. Freakin AWESOME shirt

that was fun while it lasted!

dolphin76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dolphin76

Did my part to keep it in the reckoning! Arrived today--actually THREE days ahead of SmartPost schedule.

Love it, nice job!

w: 10 w.w: 15 s.w: 60 so.w: 3 k.w: 7

nitrousoxide52

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nitrousoxide52

Someone at my school did a design project that looked EXACTLY like this. I think it won an award too... only thing is... this came first. Shall I blow the whistle woot? It's up to you!

jedizero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jedizero

i bought several shirts at the same time last week, this being one of them. all of those shirts (including one i bought YESTERDAY) have been shipped out according to the smart post thing, but this one still says that the notification has just been sent out. i've already been charged for the shirt so i'm confused as to what's happening

jokofoto

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jokofoto
jedizero wrote:i bought several shirts at the same time last week, this being one of them. all of those shirts (including one i bought YESTERDAY) have been shipped out according to the smart post thing, but this one still says that the notification has just been sent out. i've already been charged for the shirt so i'm confused as to what's happening

Same here. Another shirt I ordered on the same day arrived today. This one still says carrier notification, but only if I track it through my account at woot. If I use the tracking email I received, it doesn't recognize the same number.

jodyphillips

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodyphillips

I seem to be having the same problem.
Did you ever receive your Nevermore shirts, and if so, how 'late' was it?

bethlehman5 wrote:I ordered this shirt as a Christmas gift on 12/10/08 and got my confirmation email and all looked normal. Even my card was charged for it two days later. But the shirt still hasn't come. When I look at my account history, sometimes it shows the order and sometimes it does not. Anyone else had this problem? I love Woot and no one I know has ever had this problem. No reply so far from my service request except the auto reply (I know they are busy, but still...) Help!

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee

geez haxrox has made a killing off of this shirt. wow

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre
hmmxkrazee wrote:geez haxrox has made a killing off of this shirt. wow

Over 10000. WOW!
I was watching it a week or two ago and it was close, but it amazing how the shirt keeps on going.

cheeni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheeni

30 days to ship me the wrong shirt, wrong size in a badly torn envelope?

parilous

quality posts: 1 Private Messages parilous
hmmxkrazee wrote:geez haxrox has made a killing off of this shirt. wow

Assuming a payout of $2 per shirt after the initial offering of 2000, Haxrox appears to have made $19K on this design (it's sold 11,000+ as of 5/4/09). WOW!!!

That's amazing! Great work!

jdkessler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdkessler

So tshirt creator: Have you ever seen a stranger wearing your tshirt out in public? That'd be a trip!

haxrox

quality posts: 9 Private Messages haxrox
jdkessler wrote:So tshirt creator: Have you ever seen a stranger wearing your tshirt out in public? That'd be a trip!

I haven't seen it, but one of my buddies saw a wearer in a nearby mall. I've had a couple awkward experiences trying to strike up conversation with woot-shirt wearers; I guess a lot of people get them as gifts and aren't really familiar with the site. Now I just do one of those cough/mutters and say "woot" just clearly enough to be discerned. If they look around excitedly and pull out a leak frog, I know it's safe to converse.

gregknet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregknet

Just received my shirt in the mail. Undoubtedly a stylish design, but new buyers beware: the black lettering is quite difficult to make out on a gray background. It would be nice to see re-issues of this shirt with a lighter background that would give the raven outline the impact it deserves.

2marci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2marci

my son bought this shirt. i loved it. he was a really cool 23 year old heart/lung transplant recipient in july 2008. he died on june 18th. this shirt was cut off of him while his doc's tried to resusitate him on june 18th. cause of death unknown. poe would have loved it. i want to get more tee-shirts for fam and friends. are they available??

email 2marci@nethere.com

2marci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2marci
haxrox wrote:I haven't seen it, but one of my buddies saw a wearer in a nearby mall. I've had a couple awkward experiences trying to strike up conversation with woot-shirt wearers; I guess a lot of people get them as gifts and aren't really familiar with the site. Now I just do one of those cough/mutters and say "woot" just clearly enough to be discerned. If they look around excitedly and pull out a leak frog, I know it's safe to converse.

gosub3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gosub3000

Been two weeks since I ordered, still no tracking number.

What's the hold up?

plannedrefusal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plannedrefusal

My tracking number still isn't showing up on Fed Ex, and it's been close to two weeks since I ordered. Is this Fed Ex's fault, or has it not been shipped yet?

lavalamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lavalamp
2marci wrote:my son bought this shirt. i loved it. he was a really cool 23 year old heart/lung transplant recipient in july 2008. he died on june 18th. this shirt was cut off of him while his doc's tried to resusitate him on june 18th. cause of death unknown. poe would have loved it. i want to get more tee-shirts for fam and friends. are they available??

email 2marci@nethere.com

I know this was three weeks ago, but...you can order the shirt here:
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=5230

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
lavalamp wrote:I know this was three weeks ago, but...you can order the shirt here:
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=5230

This was my first woot. It's an awesome shirt.

ShayanThePersian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShayanThePersian
antilogic81 wrote:Yeah but do you think anything of Poe's would be a happy color?

Mask of the red death was far more close to home for him than anything else, considering everything he ever loved died from TB. Would have been nice to see that one...but it's not as well known as his iconic raven, but it would have yielded you a red shirt =P

It'd also be harder to abridge a short story than a poem. My favorite work of his remains the tell-tale heart. Probably because it was the first one I read. However, the Masque of Red Death was the first one I had to analyze in class. Great Story, I would've loved that too.

Hell, the theme should be the works of Edgar Allen Poe one time.

Griffin100

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Griffin100

Okay seriously...

This shirt is all right. But better shirts have come and gone. It's been up here forever. Why do people keep buying it? It didn't even win the derby... the winner was about 9 times better.

But I respect the design. It's cool.

But I still think that it should be off the reckoning.

danchay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danchay

I ordered my shirt 5 days ago and it still hasn't shipped. Can anyone tell me why?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 106 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

danchay wrote:I ordered my shirt 5 days ago and it still hasn't shipped. Can anyone tell me why?

We have been behind in printing and shipping this shirt out, you should have already gotten a tracking number- it'll be valid for when we're able to get this out. Please contact us if you have any other questions! service@woot.com

kmeltzer

quality posts: 32 Private Messages kmeltzer

Just picked one up for my daughter for a random "great job" gift. She loves to write, and did a report on Poe last year in 5th grade. I think she'll enjoy it, as long as I got the right size. I'm the dad, I don't know sizes! :-)

gnomage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnomage

Let me say first that I bought one T-shirt of this design because I love Poe's poem. However, I don't understand how this design seems to be locked in sale positions 5-7 week after week. Is there a chart that shows how many of this shirt is being sold weekly?

henorl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages henorl
gregknet wrote:Just received my shirt in the mail. Undoubtedly a stylish design, but new buyers beware: the black lettering is quite difficult to make out on a gray background. It would be nice to see re-issues of this shirt with a lighter background that would give the raven outline the impact it deserves.

Just got mine, and the shirt is so dark that you really can't see the black writing from more than a foot or so away. Did they get the wrong shade of grey in the re-issues?

mandyhughes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandyhughes

Ordered my shirt on 10/27 and paid for overnight shipping. You site said I'd receive by 10/29 (today) which is perfect, since I ordered it to wear to school on Friday 10/30 (I'm an English teacher). It is not here yet and FedEx says it won't be here until at least tomorrow. I can't believe I paid for overnight shipping...

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
mandyhughes wrote:Ordered my shirt on 10/27 and paid for overnight shipping. You site said I'd receive by 10/29 (today) which is perfect, since I ordered it to wear to school on Friday 10/30 (I'm an English teacher). It is not here yet and FedEx says it won't be here until at least tomorrow. I can't believe I paid for overnight shipping...

Contact service@woot.com. Click on the "write us" link at the bottom of the page.

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

dlmasonjr1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlmasonjr1

what would make this shirt even better is if it were black on black. then i WOULDN'T be able to read it at all. you guys skimping on the light colored shirts? light colored ink to costly? got a great deal on "asphalt" tees on ebay??? cheese-wiz...
liked the idea of this shirt, but the implementation is poor.

OHNOYOUDUNT

ikeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ikeman
Griffin100 wrote:Okay seriously...

This shirt is all right. But better shirts have come and gone. It's been up here forever. Why do people keep buying it? It didn't even win the derby... the winner was about 9 times better.

But I respect the design. It's cool.

But I still think that it should be off the reckoning.

I agree. the winner of the derby was a great shirt and i wish i woudv bought it. but this shirt is a good shirt 2

Beffy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beffy

I agree with the others, this shirt isn't that great. You can't make out the wording at all on the grey background. I don't recommend buying.

amundsjm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amundsjm

This was my first woot a few months ago which really started me on the habit of checking the site every day to rotate out my t-shirts.

However, compared to other woot shirts I've received, this one just disappoints me. It arrived 2-3 weeks after purchase which is typical for my woot purchases (although a bit long by normal standards; I typically just order things on woot knowing it'll take awhile), so all was good there.

I don't know if it was the batch my shirt was made in or what, but first the shoulder-stitching was already coming loose right out of the bag, so I had to manually sew that to prevent one of the sleeves from getting looser and having the potential to fall off. Next, the shirt itself seemed to be of a thinner fabric than all of my other woot shirts, less comfortable (which is baffling because the tags are the same company and everything), and it favored a extra close-fitting, tighter-collared style than my other woots. I can wear an XL woot quite comfortably but Nevermore came quite tight.

Shirt dimensions and such aside, the black and gray do not complement each other at all. Online they appear to jive real well, but in practice the design is hardly discernable to passerbys unless they look closely. I was really disappointed in the delivery of what looked like a great design.

bardi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bardi

wonders why I bought this on the 8th Dec and still have no tracking number?

bardi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bardi

was billed for this shirt on 8 december 2009 and still have heard nothing, not tracking number..not a thing. And it was supposed to be a birthday gift on 23 december.

kcman011

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kcman011

We should start taking bets on how long this shirt will last in the reckoning. My guess? 174. It's been hovering around 7th place for the past 30-40 weeks it seems...

NoPegs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NoPegs
kcman011 wrote:We should start taking bets on how long this shirt will last in the reckoning. My guess? 174. It's been hovering around 7th place for the past 30-40 weeks it seems...

I'm just sad it's beating Cake's record on the charts now.