mayarnel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mayarnel
NoPegs wrote:I'm just sad it's beating Cake's record on the charts now.



Negatory, it still has a few weeks.
The Cake is a Liar was on the charts for 97 weeks. Unfortunately though the new stats tracking was put in place after The Cake had been reckoned, and did not take The Cake into consideration.

Does not really matter, in 3 weeks Nevermore will officially take the slot, and it will be a moot point.

Dassassin


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dassassin

I'm betting about 104 weeks, and then it'll have one unlucky week where it just doesn't get any purchases, and *poof*, off the charts it goes.

Doople


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Doople

I'd say around 150 weeks. But man, Haxrox has made nearly 38 grand off of this shirt. Haha.

cls31s


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cls31s

i think its funny how this shirt only got second place in its derby, but has outlasted every shirt for the past 2 years...lol.

HarryBalzakk


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HarryBalzakk

On this day in 1845, "The Raven" was first published, in the New York Evening Mirror.

jlgish


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jlgish

I saw this shirt when a friend purchased it, and I have to say I was disappointed. It seems there is a much higher contrast ratio on my computer than on the actual shirt. The bird is hard to make out and the words are too. I liked the concept, but not the shirt, once I saw it in person.

I think I need to go on a Woot diet . . . it's unbelievable all the junk they get me to buy!

dmlayton


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmlayton

Cool shirt.

I'm kind of surprised though that as far as i read in the comments section (only like the first couple of pages) that nobody mentioned that this isn't the whole poem.

I know that's kind of tough to fit into a bird figurine like that, but it'd be much cooler if it was actually the full version of The Raven.

repoman86


quality posts: 3 Private Messages repoman86

I can't get over the fact that to this day, the whole orangutans being lit on fire reference still makes me laugh. Hop Frog is one of my favorite Poe shorts!

HaeSuse


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HaeSuse

Been wearing mine for months. Love it. I never get comments on it though, oddly enough.


- - -

Arkie123


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arkie123
Doople wrote:I'd say around 150 weeks. But man, Haxrox has made nearly 38 grand off of this shirt. Haha.



Check your math...

2000 x $10= $20,000 (First Day)

18578 x $15= $278,670 (As of 24 Feb)

Total $298,670

Of course I don't know the percentage that designers get, but I doubt that it's any more than 5-10%

10% gets you $29,867...

Of course I could be wrong and if so then I'm a complete grapefruit juice/reamer/spoon/jackass so I'm sorry if I offend you.

I know woot hates me anyway.

So does the rest of the world, so if you wanna take your shots then that's cool.

SNARF!

keller378


quality posts: 1 Private Messages keller378
Arkie123 wrote:Check your math...

2000 x $10= $20,000 (First Day)

18578 x $15= $278,670 (As of 24 Feb)

Total $298,670

Of course I don't know the percentage that designers get, but I doubt that it's any more than 5-10%

10% gets you $29,867...

Of course I could be wrong and if so then I'm a complete grapefruit juice/reamer/spoon/jackass so I'm sorry if I offend you.

I know woot hates me anyway.

So does the rest of the world, so if you wanna take your shots then that's cool.



Actually, the designer gets $1,000 for winning the derby and 2$ for ea. shirt sold after day one (@15$).


Total would be
$38,156


18578*2=37156+1000=38156

As of Feb 24, 2010.

Original math was fine

jmmbell1987


quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Arkie123 wrote:Check your math...



You should've quit here.

arparham


quality posts: 0 Private Messages arparham
keller378 wrote:Actually, the designer gets $1,000 for winning the derby and 2$ for ea. shirt sold after day one (@15$).


Total would be
$38,156


18578*2=37156+1000=38156

As of Feb 24, 2010.

Original math was fine



I agree with your math, but where did you get the 18578? And how do we know how many of the total shirts sold were sold on the first day?

jmmbell1987


quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
arparham wrote:I agree with your math, but where did you get the 18578? And how do we know how many of the total shirts sold were sold on the first day?



I assume the 18578 was the amount it had sold when he made the calculation.

Also, this shirt sold out on its first day, back when woot only printed 1,000 for first-day sales.

edit- I see your point; that equation didn't factor for first day sales not contributing $2 a sale. However, the number isn't too far off.

bugzappers2112


quality posts: 4 Private Messages bugzappers2112

WEEE HAAAA

You can Woot! if you want to, you can leave Amazon behind, because if you don't buy the Woot! from the real Woot!, then you're, no friend of mine. Say we can Woot!, we can Woot!, they're doing it from home to home.

arparham


quality posts: 0 Private Messages arparham
jmmbell1987 wrote:I assume the 18578 was the amount it had sold when he made the calculation.

Also, this shirt sold out on its first day, back when woot only printed 1,000 for first-day sales.

edit- I see your point; that equation didn't factor for first day sales not contributing $2 a sale. However, the number isn't too far off.



When I did the math it was close to what others had gotten, the $38k, and if you look how many shirts have been sold now:
20455-1000=19,455
19455*2=38,910
38,910+1,000=39,910

So, I am guessing that is the right math? If they do cell 1,000 shirts the first day, and you receive $1,000 for winning the first winning...

But, you know--it really isn't my business.

I really don't mind. I was just a tad upset when I got the shirt because, I don't know if it is just the shirt I received or if all of them, but unless you are really close you can not read the print. And being short with a large chest, people having to get pretty close to me to read it is rather, well... uncomfortable.

arparham


quality posts: 0 Private Messages arparham
bugzappers2112 wrote:I am really GETTING TIRED of the Casey and Andy ripoffs.

First here.
http://www.galactanet.com/comic/view.php?strip=404
Now here..
http://www.galactanet.com/comic/view.php?strip=323

What in the heck is going on?

Doesn't anyone seek this out anymore.

I mean if the text wrap happened alone, ok, but the text wrap and the back to the future doctor who thing.

I mean come on. If I find more, I will contact Andy Weir myself.



The derby Nevermore won was "Text as art" go here you can see that what it was about, and all of the other shirts that were submitted. Text as art is not a new thing.

As far as the "It came out of no where shirt," I really think it might have been a coincidence. I don't believe it was submitted to a derby--and was submitted just for judging and was selected so there was no way for anyone wooters to say anything about it. I do see the close connection, and if it bothers you, you can contacted woot.

But really... "Nevermore" is nothing new.

(And maybe I am horribly, but I have never heard of Casey and Andy... don't hate me!)

cls31s


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cls31s

awesome design. I been meaning to get one before and luckily its still available. I know there will be people that will be jealous. Haha.

shannonwig


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shannonwig

Great shirt! A little hard to read with the color of the shirt, but just makes it more "dreary".

JanitorWonderful


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JanitorWonderful

shirt was great.... until the 3rd/4th wash. words fade fast and you cant read

staffell


quality posts: 4 Private Messages staffell

I just don't get how this has stayed in the charts so long..

No advertising, pls.

flamespear


quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear
staffell wrote:I just don't get how this has stayed in the charts so long..



English majors ascii lovers eap fans ...people that like ravens? Tt's just a genuinely cool shirt.

flamespear


quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear
JanitorWonderful wrote:shirt was great.... until the 3rd/4th wash. words fade fast and you cant read



Thanks for the heads up, gentle cycle or hand wash and turn it inside out, got it!

AquaAerios


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AquaAerios

Almost two years in the making... I think.

DeusExSublymonal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeusExSublymonal

Yep. Next week [Tomorrow-ish] it will officially have been on the chart for two whole years. That's pretty epic.

goneferal


quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal

Congrats on your 2 year anniversary Nevermore! Can't argue with your staying power. You set the bar for the longevity record VERY high!

PabloPalmeri6837


quality posts: 2 Private Messages PabloPalmeri6837

I don't understand how this shirt is still here, not because It's not a cool shirt. I own it, but more because I don't know any wooter that doesn't already own this shirt.

otakuwind


quality posts: 0 Private Messages otakuwind
PabloPalmeri6837 wrote:I don't understand how this shirt is still here, not because It's not a cool shirt. I own it, but more because I don't know any wooter that doesn't already own this shirt.



I've bought 3 of them so far because it starts looking like ass so quickly. It must intentionally fade!

Those damn trickster ravens

eventhorizon001


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eventhorizon001

Is there a way to exchange a shirt for a different size once you've already received it? I bought this particular one and I need a bigger size....

yewnohoo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yewnohoo

Maybe I am missing something in the description, but.....are these shirts 100% cotton???

mojobonbon


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mojobonbon

yay, in for 1! finally get this shirt, thanks to my woot lights purchase :D

such a cool shirt

UncleFroG


quality posts: 3 Private Messages UncleFroG

Picked this up today thanks to the deals.woot freebie. Thanks woot!

12 Bags of Crap and counting!

scarletbegonias


quality posts: 4 Private Messages scarletbegonias

all 18 stanzas? I think even the 3X shirt woots might have problems handling the size of the raven.

dmlayton wrote:Cool shirt.

I'm kind of surprised though that as far as i read in the comments section (only like the first couple of pages) that nobody mentioned that this isn't the whole poem.

I know that's kind of tough to fit into a bird figurine like that, but it'd be much cooler if it was actually the full version of The Raven.



vkapadia


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vkapadia

Still going....

I finally broke down and bought one of these. It's a cool shirt, but not something I'd normally buy. But now it's totally a Woot icon. I remember when we were so disappointed in the Cake not making it to 100. This one made it and is still going strong!

___________________
May Peace come to all...

PabloPalmeri6837


quality posts: 2 Private Messages PabloPalmeri6837

Nevermore is no longer the best seller of all time, THE BINGE has taken the crown.

evilashe


quality posts: 1 Private Messages evilashe

Although this is an amazing design, the shirt is much, much darker grey than is pictured. :<

Seriously, it's barely noticeable, except at point-blank and well-lit.

stasiabaysha


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stasiabaysha

Has anyone ever run into someone wearing this shirt? I think that would be kinda funny. I don't live in the United States so I think the chance of that happening to me is pretty slim.

JohnnySocko


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JohnnySocko

I've wanted to get this shirt since it came out but was wary because of the comments. I just received mine yesterday and I love it. The text shows up just fine, but I could see it fading after being washed after a while. I am going to be careful when I wash it and hopefuly it will be around for a long time.

Cyrckis


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cyrckis

i bought this when it was offered a couple years ago. You cannot read the words or see the design, it is so close to the shade of the tee. Big disappointment; i still love the idea, if not the way it was executed.

vkapadia


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vkapadia

I have no problem with the color. I love mine, it looks great, and I get a lot of people commenting on it. Awesome design!

___________________
May Peace come to all...