+ Add a Comment

hayost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hayost

I love this shirt. The problem is that the bird/text is really hard to see on it. It is hard to tell what is on the shirt in person.

hayost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hayost

I absolutely agree with you!

jlgish wrote:I saw this shirt when a friend purchased it, and I have to say I was disappointed. It seems there is a much higher contrast ratio on my computer than on the actual shirt. The bird is hard to make out and the words are too. I liked the concept, but not the shirt, once I saw it in person.

zzzaap

quality posts: 51 Private Messages zzzaap

This shirt is awesome because it sometimes gets cute girls up close trying to read what my shirt says.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

I'm kind of disappointed with both how this one printed (text was kinda light compared to how it appeared on the order page) and then how quickly it's started to fade (read: one wash). None of my other shirts, not even Moloko Plus, Rain Man or MC Escher: Space Planner (which I've had and worn for almost two years) have faded this much.

mojobonbon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mojobonbon

i dunno about fading, as mine is new. however the color of the shirt vs the lettering is appropriate considering this is poe

gf really likes the cut of this shirt on me :D

singerguy0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages singerguy0

I love this shirt; I've had it since day 1...

email2thee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages email2thee

luv it

Lisa523

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lisa523

My husband loved this shirt! Nice quality!

GlowWyrm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GlowWyrm

The text on my shirt blends in so well with the background color that you don't even notice there is text on the shirt at all unless you are really looking for it. And, even then it's hard to make out the text and design. I love this design and wish it had been printed in a way that there was more contrast between the text and the background color of the fabric.

insightpatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insightpatch

I might suggest washing cold and rack-drying this shirt to prevent the wear-out other users have reported. Thus far, my wife's shirt has not seemed to lose quality in three washes. Anyone else doing the same to keep this shirt from wearing out?

amandaquims

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amandaquims

I ordered this shirt a week ago, and while my status says "shipped," the tracking says the shipping info was sent to Fedex on the 20th and there have been no further updates. Anyone else having that problem?

zach0731

quality posts: 81 Private Messages zach0731

Staff

amandaquims wrote:I ordered this shirt a week ago, and while my status says "shipped," the tracking says the shipping info was sent to Fedex on the 20th and there have been no further updates. Anyone else having that problem?

It looks like the size you ordered was out and they are printing more. The process usually adds one to two weeks to shipping times.

dhilton

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dhilton

I got my shirt today and I think it is perfectly understated!

jidery

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jidery

Thats a lot of weeks.

bucherman7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bucherman7

They should do different colors of this shirt, like everyone else mine is way faded and i would love a white on black version

Lanemullin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lanemullin

I waited so long to buy this. I can't wait! I'm so glad it has received enough support to stay up.

salmans21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages salmans21

I still haven't received my shirt. When I use the tracking number it brings me to the fedex site where it tells me that it was handed to my local post office over 2 weeks ago. How much longer should I wait before complaining to Woot?

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
salmans21 wrote:I still haven't received my shirt. When I use the tracking number it brings me to the fedex site where it tells me that it was handed to my local post office over 2 weeks ago. How much longer should I wait before complaining to Woot?

Contact woot via http://shirt.woot.com/WriteUs.aspx. Or you can send an email to service@woot.com. Make sure you include your order number and tracking number. Two weeks after handoff to post office seems way too long.

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

daijizai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daijizai
salmans21 wrote:I still haven't received my shirt. When I use the tracking number it brings me to the fedex site where it tells me that it was handed to my local post office over 2 weeks ago. How much longer should I wait before complaining to Woot?

Why don't you go down to your post office with the tracking information and simply ask them if they have it first. :-)

sunfine79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunfine79

I bought this shirt wore it twice then put it in the washing machine on a 30 degree wash cos thats what i said on the label.

then I hang the shirt on the line to find that most of the print has disappeared off the shirt in the wash.

mojobonbon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mojobonbon

i been wearing mine weekly and washing it with no problems. looks the same as when new (i wash in cold every time and dry perm press)

i just bought one for gf last week. should be here today :D

ToeJammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ToeJammer

The shirt color was much darker than shown, the raven looks like nothing more than a big sweat stain.

Toe

nadrik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nadrik

Would anybody who has this shirt mind posting a picture (or a link to a picture) of it? The reviews are very mixed and I need to see for myself whether or not this shirt is worth three Lincolns.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

nadrik wrote:Would anybody who has this shirt mind posting a picture (or a link to a picture) of it? The reviews are very mixed and I need to see for myself whether or not this shirt is worth three Lincolns.

I didn't read this before I ordered.
I got one this summer.

The bird barely shows up.

So, I did what I've done before when the picture doesn't show.
I bleached the shirt.
It helped.
It is still not as good as the picture, but you can see the words now.

In a top loading washer, put 1/2 cup of bleach in a full load of water. Let it mix a bit before you put in the shirt.
The shirt doesn't bleed, so you can wash your whites in the load.

If it isn't enough you can try again.

So, just know, it doesn't print well.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

nadrik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nadrik

Thanks dontwantaname. I have a feeling I'll have plenty of time to make my decision, seeing as this has seemingly achieved immortality. I'll keep your comments in mind!

joeg4343

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeg4343

I just got a woman's large but it's way too small for my wife. Anyone want to swap? Ideally I'd look for men's large in return...

joeg4343

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeg4343
nadrik wrote:Would anybody who has this shirt mind posting a picture (or a link to a picture) of it? The reviews are very mixed and I need to see for myself whether or not this shirt is worth three Lincolns.

Here are some pics. I think it's a great shirt. Bought a few off woot before and it's probably the best I have received.

-Joe

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MJ55vwhCyzc/TKY1UCq8nOI/AAAAAAAAAAc/XadBWTxVfVw/s1600/minne+008.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MJ55vwhCyzc/TKY1aNMVs2I/AAAAAAAAAAg/XRSG0w2YwUo/s1600/minne+009.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MJ55vwhCyzc/TKY1eIzwJ8I/AAAAAAAAAAk/FYabZy1TX18/s1600/minne+010.JPG

ellethom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellethom

Bought this shirt for purely selfish reasons

I was named after this poem,
Plus, i am an English Major

So now, i wear my shirt and i point

This is otterific

Thanks for the shirt man this thing rocks, think i will send one out to my parents just to show there are no hard feelings...

csavage91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csavage91

I could see some dork wearing this to a club to try and pick up chicks. Too bad no woman on earth would play dungeons and dragons with them during the post-party nightcap. . .

csavage91

ellethom wrote:Bought this shirt for purely selfish reasons

I was named after this poem,
Plus, i am an English Major

So now, i wear my shirt and i point

This is otterific

Thanks for the shirt man this thing rocks, think i will send one out to my parents just to show there are no hard feelings...

whoa. . . your name is "The Raven?" KILLER!

csavage91

Don't look at it as three Lincolns, man! Look at it more as. . . A Hamilton and five Washingtons!

fultzjap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fultzjap

Two and a half years and 30k shirts later, it's still amusing that this took 2nd in the derby it sprouted from.

I guess its high time I finally buy one.

ellethom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellethom
csavage91 wrote:whoa. . . your name is "The Raven?" KILLER!

hahahahah
I WISH
Especially the THE part.
Damn hippie parents

Jman5890

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jman5890

ok this shirt is pretty sick. but out of all seriousness... it needs to get off the top 20.

emberdione

quality posts: 3 Private Messages emberdione

I am not sure if they changed the printing or what, but despite what people on here seem to be saying, my Nevermore has held up exceptionally well.

I am about 10 washes in and it still looks like new.

People can't read the whole thing particularly well (it is relatively small print on a shirt after all), but usually they read a line or so near the top and go "Oh I get it..."

hurricanehalie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hurricanehalie

Got one for my boyfriend. It's his favorite poem and he makes a joke that he's going to get the whole thing tattooed on his back, so I figure just get him the shirt.

aeolianharp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aeolianharp

Pretty awesome t-shirt. I wish there was one for "The Bells" since it is a 100 times better than "The Raven."

I'm pretty shocked, though, by all these "English majors" and "lit geeks" that can't use proper grammar or spell. Even if we are on the internet, you should represent your major properly.

traewatkins

quality posts: 3 Private Messages traewatkins

ok this shirt only sold 1 last week and is still on the top 20 ???? what gives it only went down 1 spot?

how do the rankings work...

If it is really selling this bad i am willing to bet it stays around till 156 weeks.

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
traewatkins wrote:ok this shirt only sold 1 last week and is still on the top 20 ???? what gives it only went down 1 spot?

how do the rankings work...

If it is really selling this bad i am willing to bet it stays around till 156 weeks.

will this shirt never die?

liquidsteel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liquidsteel

Since my last name is Poe, I had to get this!

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me to do.