fillengroovy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fillengroovy
mia3mom wrote:Great line work on this one! It's definitely a different type of tree shirt.

Very unsettling topic, though you did a wonderful job with it. I like how you used the shades of blue

Thanks mia!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: year of the Rabbit

If you resubmit this, you should add a note in the description that every year actually has two Chinese zodiac signs. The rejection note says that you can't be born in both years, but January to mid-February 1988 was still the year of the rabbit, while after that it was dragon. Then again, woot might make you stick to the lunar calendar if you're going for zodiac stuff. =P

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

shibz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shibz

Awesome =D <3

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
Re: 1985 - Buckminsterfullerene

Yay! Bucky orbs!!!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

mia3mom wrote:1963, not 1965.

specifically November 22, 1963. My mom's 19th birthday.

there's now a "ride" in Dallas where you can go down the street in a vintage car and get shot at. The world is a scary place.

2thFairy wrote:Show me proof of such ride...

I wrote it with the word of my librarian. This was at her last visit a few years ago. We moved from Dallas 11 years ago, and it wasn't there then.

I'm not spending all evening googling, but here's an article about it. $25 to "ride the route of Kennedy's fateful motorcade". Appalled doesn't even cover how I feel about it.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

sopranogrl22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sopranogrl22
tiaerman wrote:lolololol... behold the power of big industries and copyright laws that give them power to rule the world. sad sad. Good idea anyway, sorry about the rejection

*giggles*, thanks. Who knew that a bottle shape and color could be copyrighted? If only I had dragged the pen tool handles out a liiiiiiiiitle further when I was creating that bottle... *sigh*

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl
Re: Year of the Goat

eeeeeeeeeeeee it looks awesome ende >0< i love is horns

220Maxima

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 220Maxima
Re: 1988, Save the Whales!

i ruvvvvv yooo. and your shirt

metalwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metalwolf
Re: 1985 - Buckminsterfullerene

this is great
but i can just imagine people asking "you're a soccer player??"

mia3mom

Re: 1970 First Earth Day (1)

this is simply gorgeous! i hadn't voted before because I thought there were gradients, I was glad to read that the lines were 4pt!

Truly wonderful work - brought a big smile to my face!

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
Re: 1979 - President Attacked by Rabbit!

4/20/1979 -- PRESIDENT CARTER ATTACKED BY KILLER RABBIT!!

Reported in the New York Times and the front page of the Washington Post.

You can read more about it here and Wikipedia.

eHalcyon

Re: Serpentine Indulgence

Try resubmitting with the year in the title, and add a note in the description when you upload it.

martenthegreat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martenthegreat
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

you know, it wasn't actually released in here until '87

drkblkforest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkblkforest

For some reason, my first shirt was rejected for being "off-topic." The topic is the year I was born, which just so happens to be 1989, which is the year of the snake. The year of the dragon came before the year of the snake, so the snake is devouring a dragon to signify the end of the year of the dragon.
I hope this explanation makes sense... Feel free to ask if you still don't get it.

If this gets rejected again, I'd like a better explanation of why the shirt is "off-topic."

mia3mom

Re: 1963 JFK ETERNAL FLAME( GREAT PRESIDENT LOST)

beautiful. a lovely job with a memorial, honoring without going over the top. Thanks.

As I mentioned in another thread, my mom's 19th birthday was the day JFK was assassinated, so I was brought up to honor him.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
fablefire wrote:There's no way to know. I could use pantone colors, but I don't want to buy a pantone book. I rely on woot's hopefully good judgement. Out of my shirts, Scurvy printed beautifully, TCTP was great (though the green was a little bright), and Plan B printed awesomely (though I still don't know how they got sun rays on the "i").

Yeah, I don't own a pantone book either. Oh well, guess we'll just have to trust in Woot. :-)

mia3mom

Re: 1976: The Bicentennial Year of the Dragon

gorgeous work! I love the way you integrated the two concepts. Really nice artwork. I love your stuff every derby!

arsenicsauce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arsenicsauce
Re: 1970 First Earth Day (1)

There are a lot of really great designs up right now, but this is the only one I'd probably wear often myself. Even if some of the little lines don't make it it's very well done, I don't really think their loss will take away from the design if it does get printed. GMV

drkblkforest

eHalcyon wrote:Try resubmitting with the year in the title, and add a note in the description when you upload it.

Thanks.
Here's the resub!: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=12975

centexman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages centexman
Re: 1962 - Goodbye Norma Jean

I got the images in the wrong places... not a regular submitter... please reject this one.

drkblkforest

Oh, and the other years included are 1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, and 2001

centexman

Hope you like... please vote!!!

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
metalwolf wrote:this is great
but i can just imagine people asking "you're a soccer player??"

*giggles* yeah. I don't know, I was trying to incorporate the mass spectrum of C60 fullerene into the design but I just couldn't get a way to make it look right. Maybe I'll play around with it later to see if I can get it to work. Anyone else have any other suggestions?

shadesofgrey2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadesofgrey2
Re: 1977 - Space is the Place (resub with less D.S.)

Launching of Voyager 1 and 2. Test launch/glide of the Space Shuttle Enterprise from the back of a 747. Hints of pop culture (Close Encounters) but done subtly enough that copyright should not be an issue. Crescent Moon where Death Star used to be.

Thanks for all who voted for the original. I hope that you will vote again.

LokiBoki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LokiBoki
Re: 1989 - Year of the Snake Resub

Already posted before but~ GMV

drkblkforest

Re: well well well 1987

I don't understand it! D:

fablefire

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire
AdderXYU wrote:I had considered it impaling a butterfly (butterfly in the skyyyyy/I can impale you! Dieeeee!) but ultimately felt I should just keep it simple and hope the female voters liked it enough to give it some momentum.

And Fable, I give you free reign to parody the hell outta it. Seeing as how you're too young to submit it and all

Hey... I watched reading rainbow a bunch when I was little.

...and thanks. I'm gonna take a stab at that parody sometime this weekend.

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester

Had to give it a shot <3 I love my little button (that this was based on) and Ive yet to see a good 'year of the goat' shirt T_T <3 its the year of artists for heaven sake <3

eHalcyon

That's more than 6 colours.

centexman

Re: 1977 - Space is the Place

Shame this one got rejected

eHalcyon

drkblkforest wrote:For some reason, my first shirt was rejected for being "off-topic." The topic is the year I was born, which just so happens to be 1989, which is the year of the snake. The year of the dragon came before the year of the snake, so the snake is devouring a dragon to signify the end of the year of the dragon.
I hope this explanation makes sense... Feel free to ask if you still don't get it.

If this gets rejected again, I'd like a better explanation of why the shirt is "off-topic."

Technically, your last shirt could have been rejected just for not having the year in the title. That was an instruction for this derby and it's already happened to at least one other entry. So even though yours is decidedly on topic, the last submission was rightfully rejected - just for the wrong reason.

Hopefully you can catch up on votes though - it's a brilliant design.

I'm a dragon though. =P

netshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netshark

I've got to say, the top of that dress is very Phallic looking.

Deliverance2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deliverance2005
AdderXYU wrote:This looks incredibly like the monkeys what got rejected last week. Same clip-art batch?

yes...there were monkeys that got rejected last week, and yes the designer said he used clip art. But its interesting how you make it sound like they were rejected for being clip-art when in all actuality they were rejected because there is already a shirt being sold by Woot! that uses those images.

eHalcyon

centexman wrote:I got the images in the wrong places... not a regular submitter... please reject this one.

You can remove it yourself by clicking the x by your entry.

tehpwnerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehpwnerer
Re: 1978

I so hope this makes the top 3.

Come on people, vote!

antmobsesser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antmobsesser

I love this shirt. I hope it wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
tinxster wrote:I got it now! I know where I saw it! I used it at work! It is a Microsoft Word clipart!

*ding, ding, ding!* we have a winner!

For reference:

File name j0417468.wmf
Media type Clip Art
Dimensions Resizable
File size 37 KB

It's the second piece if you do a search for "rabbit" on http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipart/default.aspx

L-A-M-E.

macdave88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macdave88

awesome...

fablefire

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire
lilwerewolfgirl wrote:eeeeeeeeeeeee it looks awesome ende >0< i love is horns

Another gaian! *gasp*

@ endejester - You're right. There just aren't enough good goat shirts. Nice work.

iheartjavelinas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iheartjavelinas
Re: 1985

No wit. No puns. Just a simple, clean design that I'd want to wear.