JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: 1972

Marlon, there, looks like he's puckering up to kiss that horse head ROFLMAO

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: 1981

Let me guess, "Video Killed the Radio Star" was released?

ephobia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephobia
Re: 1981

Heh, video killed the radio. I still remembered my father getting cable for the first time and I flipped the channel to MTV showing its first music video titled, "Video Killed the Radio Star". But sadly I don't watch MTV anymore because it's showing less music videos and too much other carp.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
peppersagooddog wrote:why isnt this rejected yet?

why should it be?

In 1959 we were allies with Cuba, with Castro. This is a depiction of the year, not any later political differences that developed. and, unlike most of the depictions of people who still live, this image of Fidel Castro was drawn from a public domain photo. Castro himself wrote the laws in Cuba (!), which make any photo there Public Domain 25 years after its first use. These photos both qualify. Furthermore, the images used depict the takeover itself, and don't just show the person out of context.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
daedalusknight wrote:Heheeh... I was going to do a Skylab shirt, since it was sent up in 1973. I still might, but I think I'll see how well yours does first. :-)

I'd say go ahead This is going nowhere...

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Buckner -- 1986

Poor Billy. I liked him when he was with the Cubs.
-Andy

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
endejester wrote:Ooohh...I fear I was quite near the orignal release for my birth date XD <3

Heeeh. Me too. My mother listened to this album while I was in the womb. :-)

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:why should it be?

In 1959 we were allies with Cuba, with Castro. This is a depiction of the year, not any later political differences that developed. and, unlike most of the depictions of people who still live, this image of Fidel Castro was drawn from a public domain photo. Castro himself wrote the laws in Cuba (!), which make any photo there Public Domain 25 years after its first use. These photos both qualify. Furthermore, the images used depict the takeover itself, and don't just show the person out of context.

I think she's referring to the celebrity likenesses.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

krista3817

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krista3817
JadenKale wrote:Let me guess, "Video Killed the Radio Star" was released?

Almost...MTV was introduced and "Video Killed the Radio Star" was the first video.

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe

Nice, but wrong year. Al's debut album was 1983, and his first big hit "Eat It" was 1984.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
artulo wrote:I'd say go ahead This is going nowhere...

Okay. I don't know if I'll have the time to draw it, though.... complex technical drawing there.

krista3817

ephobia wrote:Heh, video killed the radio. I still remembered my father getting cable for the first time and I flipped the channel to MTV showing its first music video titled, "Video Killed the Radio Star". But sadly I don't watch MTV anymore because it's showing less music videos and too much other carp.

No kidding...I can't remember the last time I actually saw a video on there!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: 1977 Elvis Died.

I love Elvis & Skulls, so I think it is Grand!
-Andy

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe

I don't care if the year is right or wrong. Your shirt rocks. GMV!

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

This is such a fantastic design, and the style is perfect. It looks like one of those chapter heading drawings in old books; great work fablefire. Just looking at the image gets the classic theme song in my head, so I know wearing it would provoke whistling. If you ever want to see a strange gamer-identifying phenomenon, whistle a Zelda tune in while in a crowded place, then wait and listen. I can almost guarantee someone will subconsciously start whistling it, especially if you're on a college campus.

krista3817

Re: 1984: purple rain

Love Prince, and love this shirt!

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08

This is a great design! I'd buy one in a heartbeat just as a conversation starter.

Have you seen the movie "The Dish"? It's about the Australian radar dish that NASA drafted to use for the Apollo audio transmissions, to pick them up and send them around the world. It's a very funny and touching movie, and a different look at the history of the event.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
fablefire wrote:
@ mihalis - Ahh... one year apart. Let's go clubbin. =D

Sounds lovely. But first, we must stop living in our respective boonies.

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
JadenKale wrote:Marlon, there, looks like he's puckering up to kiss that horse head ROFLMAO

Why, yes. Yes, he is, and I am glad that you noticed! Thanks!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=12992]1982 --- Soft Cell's

woot151 wrote:It was an awesome year for music. "Eye of the Tiger," anyone?

Can someone tell me why the .png looks awesome on my computer and then gets fuzzy and weirdly colored once saved as a .jpg??? I don't generally draw on the computer much

I've heard it's the red. It happened to mine, too. Perhaps this is why there are so few red shirts?

Cool concept, though.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: 1982: Lawnchair Larry

love the TV addition! It's still missing the beer, though. ;)

I'm happy to vote for 2 Larrys!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl
Re: 1988 year of the dragon

Apologizes about the other one i submitted the wrong file, this is a resubmit. x_x

Oh and the above pic is grainy o_O i can promise the dragon isn't grainy at all...... im so new at this XD;

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
mia3mom wrote:love the TV addition! It's still missing the beer, though. ;)

I'm happy to vote for 2 Larrys!

I was thinking about it, having a beer on a single balloon in the bottom right but I feared it being rejected by the rejectamatron 2000.

Thanks mia3mom

CuterThanYou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CuterThanYou

Absolutely love it! Shirt's a wonderful color choice (I prefer darker shades, personally) and I love the pose you put the dragon in (aside from the fact the dragon itself is gorgeous). Good luck, and you've got my vote!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
superspryte wrote:Mods do not necessarily know the answer to that question. It is the color they've decided to use.

Id say that looks pretty sweet on the actual color. GMV!

CuterThanYou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CuterThanYou
Re: 1979 Year of the Goat

Very cute image, Ende! Much love for the adorable goat, and the shirt color; good luck!

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire

:O

You got so much better since I last saw your stuff lilwere! Nice composition and form.

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl
fablefire wrote::O

You got so much better since I last saw your stuff lilwere! Nice composition and form.

*sits on* thank yooouuu ;; <333

Jat2080

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jat2080

I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam
Re: 1985 - 88mph

please vote for my resub

KiwiDragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KiwiDragon

I wasn't born in the year of the dragon, but damn, I want this shirt! Good luck.

dselig

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dselig
Re: 1979

?

i have no clue what to write here anymore....

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
Re: '75 USS Proteus leaks radioactive coolant in Guam

USS Proteus was not a submarine, and it did not leak anything, it discharged overboard. ;)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: 1985 - 88mph

This is an awesome shirt. I love these movies. And my birth year. Seriously, awesome.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: 1948 THE BIRTH OF ROCK AND ROLL, ME, AND OTHER COO

It is supposed to say....cool stuff.

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
Graye wrote:USS Proteus was not a submarine, and it did not leak anything, it discharged overboard. ;)

It is a great shirt comp though, I like it ;) GMV

AlexIAm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: 1969- Great Moon Hoax

Gets my vote just because you're an "old" fart like me! Very depressing to see all the 80s stuff!

>insert funny quote here<

Myztri

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Myztri
Josephus wrote:Buddy Holly chartered the plane for his guys on the tour.
But, because the Big Bopper was so uncomfortable riding the bus- the seats were too close together, he really was BIG- Waylon Jennings gave up his seat on the plane so he could fly.

When Buddy Holly found out Waylon wasn't going to be on the plane, he said "I hope your bus freezes up" in fun.
Waylon replied jokingly "I hope your plane crashes".
ouch.

JP Richardson (Big bopper) wasnt THAT big. But he was uncomfy, and his family tells me he gots carsick easily, which was another reason he HATED the busses...
I live in SE Texas (home of the big bopper) and I know his family.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: 1988

SOOO Deranged! Love it...

>insert funny quote here<

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Re: 1979

My mom would like the gold fish by itself on a shirt. She would buy a shirt with just the disgruntled goldfish on it.