mwm8180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
pacallen wrote:I know I'm being nitpicky but anyone nerdy enough to wear this would notice too... The metal slide is backwards. All 3.5" floppy disks have that part slide to the left not to the right when viewed from the side you've pictured.

man, your right. i was so confident in my memory of such a huge part of my past, and i screwed it up! well, shush, but i didn't sub my color breakdown yet, and it will be fixed in that (assuming this gets anywhere near the fog). lets all just go into the dyslexic mode that my brain runs on, and it'll look fine

btw thanks for pointing that out. maybe ill resub it if im motivated enough tonight...

monkeywithshotgun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeywithshotgun
Re: 1985 - 88mph

I really want this bad boy, C'MON PEOPLE VOTE.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: 1972: Watergate

concept gold right there dude.

SteveOramA82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SteveOramA82

great line work!

www.steveorama.info

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
Re: 1988: Super Mario Bros. 3 Released In Japan Resub

\

Are you smurfing serious.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

aggie0785

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aggie0785
Re: Pumped Shoes and Arcades (1989)

oh i loved these shoes! man everyone had them...great job depicting a great childhood memory for me. too bad you were just born and you had to miss the opportunity to wear them!

- destined to be great

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: 1979: Year of the HUNGRY Goat

MUNCH . . . MUNCH . . .MUNCH . . MUNCH . . .

;) Even non-"Year of the goat"ers can enjoy such a fine . . .bored . . critter

celticska

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celticska

Fantastic. The only problem woould be i would never ever take it off and start to reek...

carmicha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmicha
Re: 1979 - President Attacked by Rabbit!

I always thought it had to be a beaver, or perhaps a nutria, which are both aquatic rodents who would have been curious about the canoe. He probably just saw the teeth and leaped (hah!) to the conclusion that it was a rabbit. Regardless, i doubt it really attacked him, but he probably was startled.

littlejetties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlejetties
SteveOramA82 wrote:great line work!

Both designs are missing the B.B. gun for shooting the balloons.

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl
daedalusknight wrote:It would get rid of the votes so far, yes. But people can always re-vote and you often get more votes if you resubmit a better quality shirt. There was a shirt called Pockets of Spring that went through like... what... four resubmits... five? It still made it to the fog and got printed. And the spring robot survived a resubmit too. You've only got twelve votes right now and it's still Friday. I'm sure you can get at least that many votes and more by making the crest stand out more with a lighter color. Up to you, though.

I really do appreciate the input, i really do. I looked back and did the suggestions you said, and indeed the fluff does show up better, but once i compared them side by side... the way it is now to me looks a lot better, it has a subtleness to it. Thank you for the input its really appreciated, and Ill keep this in mind for the future as well, but i think im going to stick with this.

sweets7pinoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweets7pinoy
Re: 1981

love it!!! good luck krista!!!

[ r y a n ]

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
fablefire wrote:My mom would like the gold fish by itself on a shirt. She would buy a shirt with just the disgruntled goldfish on it.

ya, keeping this one to a 1979 theme was difficult. I wanted to go in so many directions with it. (I'm sure fishie will make a return showing someday).

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
Re: 1960

1960 Corvette!

johnnybw00t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnybw00t

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: 1982: Thriller

I know no one would ever resub a fogged entry, but I wish this had only one row of MJ. It's a great concept and a cool implementation, it just feels like too much of a good thing.

However, since it looks like I'm in the minority, ignore me. ;)

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

littlejetties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlejetties
tallworm wrote:One of my favorite shows is The Universe on History Channel so this one is for the space geek in me. I know there is a little space geek in you too.

Oh! There's a little space geek in me.

kbdazzled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbdazzled
Re: 1985 - 88mph

Just curious - why the resub? Voted for it again

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm
littlejetties wrote:Oh! There's a little space geek in me.

wow! the color on that is fantastic!

LeetRantipole

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LeetRantipole

My birth year, too! Big Zelda fan here. That's a terrific illustration and use of colors. GMV. I sure hope you win!

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
Re: 1985 - Buckminsterfullerene (super geek version)

1985 is the year fullerenes, which are special allotropes of carbon, were discovered. Fullerenes come in a few different forms, but probably the most interesting one is buckminsterfullerene (they're more commonly known as "buckyballs"), which is named after R. Buckminster Fuller. He was a pretty cool guy. Buckminsterfullerene is made of 60 carbon atoms arranged in an icosahedral form (like a soccer ball), and my illustration details the organic structure including the aromatic rings. Yes, I'm a geek.

This version has an adjusted fullerene graphic and includes a mass spectrum of the molecule for all of you geeks out there.

Edit:
Wow! I never expected this shirt to rank so high! I guess there are more geeks out there than I thought. I sincerely doubt this will wind up in the fog (and that's okay, I'm more than tickled about the positive response this design has gotten - thank you everyone!!) but I promise...I'll try to design more "geeky" shirts for future derbies.

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
Re: 1988, The Human Genome Project

Great design, but it would make more sense with DNA on it...

Nevertheless, GMV!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: 1974 - year of the tiger

To be printed as large as wootably possible. Hope someone likes it!

Large version here: Go Large!

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: 1970, Spoon Fork =

I love this shirt because the spork is my all time favorite utensil. I wish the spork would get the credit it deserves, but it usually just flies under the radar. I would wear this shirt proudly as a declaration of my love for this perfect invention. The only regret I would have about voting for this would be that I wouldn't be able to vote for it again, and again. My computer doesn't even recognize greatness when it's right in it's face. It keeps changing 'spork' to 'spock', as if a Vulcan could even compare to this wonderful eating device.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AdderXYU wrote:Is this loosely inspired by the lillian jackson braun mystery series? If so, hilarious.

Also, YOU PEOPLE ARE SO YOUNG!!!!! I expected Edgar to be like early 30s

Now I have to rething my entire view of Edgar.
I thought at least 30.
Younger than my youngest kid ( only by months, but still).

I'm sooooooo old.

Love some of your stuff Edgar!
Like most of it.
The rest....I will now just say ....boys, and shake my head.

Vote for all of it, and I will, someday own an Edgar shirt!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:Now I have to rething my entire view of Edgar.
I thought at least 30.
Younger than my youngest kid ( only by months, but still).

I'm sooooooo old.

Love some of your stuff Edgar!
Like most of it.
The rest....I will now just say ....boys, and shake my head.

Vote for all of it, and I will, someday own an Edgar shirt!

NO edit button! re thinK

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
littlejetties wrote:Oh! There's a little space geek in me.

nice work man

drkblkforest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkblkforest
Re: 1974 - year of the tiger

Personally would prefer it a little smaller on the shirt, but other than that it looks very nice

drkblkforest

Re: 1970: Jackson 5 Make TV Debut

I'm not crazy about those colors or the grungy look. I think it's the brown figures that are bothering me... If you change those colors and make it cleaner, I think it'd be great!

RobFurious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobFurious
SailorButterfly wrote:I didn't realize I was the same age as the Smurfs. Groovy.

HOT SHIRT!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
jpolson wrote:I think he's talking about this.

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=4910

I see no similarity beyond the fact that both have leaves. 'Grow' is a wonderfully simple design. This is a wonderfully detailed design.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

daedalusknight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daedalusknight
lilwerewolfgirl wrote:I really do appreciate the input, i really do. I looked back and did the suggestions you said, and indeed the fluff does show up better, but once i compared them side by side... the way it is now to me looks a lot better, it has a subtleness to it. Thank you for the input its really appreciated, and Ill keep this in mind for the future as well, but i think im going to stick with this.

No problem. Good luck to you! :-)

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
drkblkforest wrote:I'm not crazy about those colors or the grungy look. I think it's the brown figures that are bothering me... If you change those colors and make it cleaner, I think it'd be great!

I was going for a early 70's retro look.
-Andy

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: 1970 - The Long and Winding Road

I really like the van, but the road looks like a big snake.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Re: 1970, Spoon Fork =

I don't remember seeing one in 1970, but great ideas sometimes take years to catch on.

Nice shirt, great colors.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
drkblkforest wrote:Personally would prefer it a little smaller on the shirt, but other than that it looks very nice

I dunno, I think this is made for a big freakin' print... too small and it just would look silly, big and it's bold enough to carry the shirt. Though art, man, woot is NOT gonna be happy if you make them continue to stock orange

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: 1960 The Beginning Of The Drug Culture

Woot can't print gradients. You're only allowed 6 spot colours + shirt colour.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

netshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netshark
Re: 1985 - Welcome the king of Puzzle Games

In June of 1985, Alexey Pajitnov originally designed and programmed Tetris while working for the Dorodnicyn Computing Centre of the Academy of Science of the USSR in Moscow.

Tetris is undoubtedly the most popular puzzle game of all time, and one of the most famous games period.

drkblkforest

Re: 1960 The Beginning Of The Drug Culture

Aside from the fact that woot can't print gradients, is this even allowed?

drkblkforest

Re: 1985 - Welcome the king of Puzzle Games

Yay Tetris! I like the 3d effect. Kind of wish it were more 3d-ish, but it's still really cool.