invisiblecrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisiblecrazy
Re: 1983 - ARPANET no more

I love it! Semi-obscure geekdom shirt. :-)

Sarcasm makes the person who uses it look ugly.
Hyperbole makes the person who uses it look taller.

ambernicole404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ambernicole404
Re: 1988, The Human Genome Project

love the fact that you avoided the obvious double helix and really played with how much of an object do you need to see to know what it is. wonderful design

zillybong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zillybong
Re: Soldier's Hope

I think plus signs count as text...but I'm not sure about that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

zillybong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zillybong
Stuntdummy wrote:Interesting. Francis Collins just spoke at my college yesterday. His lecture was fascinating.

Yeah, Francis Collins spoke at Berkeley a couple months ago. He was a pretty good speaker, speaking about an interesting topic.

But seriously, this is an awesome shirt. I'd get this for my bio GSI's.

hiphippo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hiphippo

aww i love this!

airwaves

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airwaves

nice

gslima

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gslima
AGrant311 wrote:What year is this supposed to be representing?

creativity... hope... maybe

gslima

zillybong wrote:I think plus signs count as text...but I'm not sure about that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope not... at least... it wanst type... i drew that... but lets see...

gslima

gslima wrote:creativity... hope... maybe

forgot to mention... he is a vietnam soldier.... opsss

gslima

HE IS A VIETNAM SOLDIER... IT IS TO REPRESENT THE VIETNAM WAR

LokiBoki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LokiBoki
Re: 1985 - Welcome the king of Puzzle Games (2)

I like the black brush design actually. It looks cool~ gmv

nlieber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nlieber
Re: 1987

I d0n'T GeT It +-(=):-) (pope smily)!!!

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

sariavo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sariavo
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

Because I think this shirt rocks, and since I want to be wearing it a month from now....something for your this stuff isn't copyrighted list...they sell 'bottle fairies' (fairy figures in little bottles) in Ireland. I bought a couple becaue they reminded me of LoZ, each one represented a certain type of fairy. They were really cool.

allawayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr
sentnl wrote:Soo cool :O. I'd buy several.

Being someone who has considered working at TIGR this summer, I'd buy this shirt multiple times. Thanks for making this!

allawayr

Re: 1969- Great Moon Hoax

Thanks, Tek, for making it so there could be 2 science shirts in the fog! :D I like a lot!

allawayr

allawayr wrote:Thanks, Tek, for making it so there could be 2 science shirts in the fog! :D I like a lot!

Oh, and the new plank of wood looks great!

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
JadenKale wrote:ROFLMAO Thanks! I think the first use of in vitro meant they still used the couple's egg and sperm, so theoretically, you could still look like dad, but I loved my initial reaction to that comment. So I've gotta ask, is your head long and skinny or is it your whole body? LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHA good one, Jaden

LeetRantipole

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LeetRantipole

With regard to copryight, I know N has gone after free PC games that replicated Zelda; Open Zelda comes to mind. That might make one wonder how mean they are about their copyright since the games weren't even being sold, nor did they even recreate a complete game produced by Nintendo. However, they did include copyrighted artwork ripped directly from the games, so that's naturally a big factor. I'd hope they'd not be unhappy about this shirt, but you never know, with things like T-Mobile trying to claim rights to the color magenta. *sigh*

fablefire wrote:Danke. <3

Können Sie viel Deutsch?

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
jslsnowboarder wrote:Does anyone notice the topography of this shirt? Look a little odd? Cool design though!

Discobiscuits wrote:LoL... it should be fine, I think

it's actually the one thing that's keeping me from voting for the shirt. Given woot's rejection of shirts with 2 reactors across the chest, I'm surprised this wasn't challenged. Cool idea, though.

My daughter really wants this shirt, but I'm not ready to deal with that topography and my kids yet! She's a Nintendo-maniac.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

Okay. The U.S. was bogged down in Vietnam for well over 15 ('59 to '75) years and thrown into it by a possible friendly fire situation (the Gulf of Tonkin) and did not end until the fall of Saigon. The whole operation involved a lot of military operations and fell under several presidents. I'm just being picky and want to know what specific year.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

artulo wrote:Wow, that site is awful. And thanks, mine is way better.

I agree yours is 1000000000000000000000000000x better, but I wanted to let you know that said shirt design exists. Looks like my link crapped out but searching "tiger head" will bring it up. Also agreed that it's a terrible site.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

you'll want to resub, because you've got a few auto-rejectors in your current submission:
the + will count as text
no year in the title

If you take a second to check out what has been rejected and look at the rules of rejection as well, then you can avoid resubbing.

I really like your concept, and I look forward to seeing more of your work!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

anticon86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anticon86
goodedesign wrote:i think someone was trying to resurrect the Delorean? not sure if it was 2005, 6 or 7.

I heard something about that too. A very limited run.

HELP ME HELP YOU!

aliruna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aliruna
ambernicole404 wrote:not so sure I dig the white- you can see bras thru them... design is dynamic tho

that's what tank tops are for
:3

anticon86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anticon86
mia3mom wrote:I remember one of the kids in my camp was dropped off each day at the dock in a Delorean (we took a ferry from there to an island).

I loved it at the time, but now the doors look like they'd be horrible for getting in & out after parking. I fear I'm becoming too practical!

Nice design - I really like the snow surf

Did the kid get out of the car wearing mirror lens aviators? *giggles* Thats awesome! Growing up there was one down the street from where I lived and we would watch for it to pull out of the garage sometimes! Cool you got the references, Thank you!

HELP ME HELP YOU!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

VOLTACO wrote:I was wondering if someone was gonna do a space shuttle, but I believe it will get rejected for the text.

It's not a space shuttle, but it is a rocket.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
Andy47240 wrote:I know that there probably are not too many Black Sabbath fans here, but they are one of my all time favorite bands, so I had to put something together since the band was born the same year as me.
-Andy

The first four Black Sabbath albums totally kick ass. Ever hear Henry Rollins' joke about Sabbath and El Nino?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

anarchyvirus wrote:They did say numbers are ok: "This week, design a shirt that somehow relates to the year you were born: through fashion, historical events, cultural trends, the Chinese zodiac, or even the number itself."

Woot is turning into a bunch of control omelets.

I highlighted part for you. They didn't say you could use text either. In fact, they even specifically said you couldn't.

savevsdm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages savevsdm

I had to do an Adventure one, honestly. It actually took me a bit to remember just how it looked and such. I was going to do something about the Atari itself, but this was more fitting.

daedalusknight

JadenKale wrote:Actually, as a joke, I've wanted to buy the Titanium Spork from ThinkGeek.com or the more collapsible version at Moosejaw.comI'm so used to seeing them as a throwaway utensil, that I thought having a standard spork in my drawer for people would be a bit funny.

HEh... it's been a while since I ordered from ThinkGeek. I may just be placing another order soon, given that's it's a TITANIUM SPORK. Just those two words togther are comedy gold. :-)

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
Re: 1984: Robots in Disguise

Love it!!

I once ate a cricket.

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
Re: 1988 mystery science 3000 is born.

what?

I once ate a cricket.

daedalusknight

BigKuntry wrote:Hmm...

I checked out the other rejected entries, and I think you guys are all correct. I'll probly get rejected cause my images make a number... Dang... Kinda ruins the design tho if it's not a number in the aliens... there's really nothing clever about a bitmapped starship shooting aliens without seeing the number in the aliens. Too bad... Does anyone have any great ideas on how it could be redesigned and resubbed?

My suggestion would be to find another, not quite related event from your year and arrange the aliens in that shape. For example, I took an actual eclipse and paired it with Dark Side of the Moon (which contained the song Eclipse) both from the same year. :-)

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

wizard7926 wrote:Parody's all well and good, but I don't think this is parody and I've certainly seen designs nixed for far less than this:

Seeing that I'd agree it's a bit close. Too close for parody. We'll see what woot says.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

yodathefrog28 wrote:Unfortunately, all of my files are on my computer at work...

...why would you do your design at work?

daedalusknight

Re: 1983 - ARPANET no more

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this will be rejected for having text on it. Please re-design and resubmit. Thanks!

Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff

No offense but I feel like this has been done, I see the differences and the similarities so I am not going to do anything but put this out there:

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

BigKuntry wrote:I'm year of the pig.

No one wants to eulogize that.

Eugoogalee...

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: 1983

The Thriller dance... how funny.

Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff
Re: 1984: Big Brother is Watching You

Hey Derek, congrats on the 24 this year, just turned 24 on the 9th myself... I would have to get this shirt just for the year.

And I still can't even rent a car