superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

ambernicole404 wrote:not so sure I dig the white- you can see bras thru them... design is dynamic tho

Buy some neutral bras? Well, if you're skin's green make them green. The neutrals would probably be really obvious then.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

gslima

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gslima
Re: Soldier's Hope

ALRIGHT GUYS.... THIS IS THE NEW LINK WITH THE NEW SHIRT FOLLOWING THE RULES....
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13086

SORRY

Jewdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jewdave
drkblkforest wrote:I think this is a really creative shirt! I just wish it used different colors And the Monopoly hotel might not be approved by Woot...

I had just flung it out there as I ran out the door... I had been working on other colors like:

-------------------------------------
40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: 1972: Watergate

Thnks all for the nice comments.. Now if only they would translate into votes...

tjballew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjballew

when you say 'topography' are you referring to breasticular placement of the eggshells? I'm confused..

Jewdave

(Olive) Welcome to the...

1977... Just like the blue version...

1977: Welcome to the...

40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: 1978 - The Year of the Horse

1978 was the year of the horse, so I made a bust piece of a horse with it's mane flying around wildly. The circles in the background are stars, and the 4 large ones signify a constellation in the sky in the autumn called 'Little Horse'. Enjoy everyone!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: 1969 - Woodstock and the Summer of 69.

Born in the summer of '69! This design is dedicated to my mom and dad...especially my mom who's having a tough week. Hope this one brings a smile.

Both my parents painted the VW vans and beetles with the hippie flowers, peace symbols, and more. Woodstock occurred just a few weeks before I was born. So, this is my tribute to that period of time.

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo

nice work... stinky hippie!

i kid i kid... about the stinky hippie part.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

wow. gorgeous! I'm really impressed with your use of color - I kept counting them sure that you had used more than 6 colors + shirt, because it's got such a rainbowy feel.

definitely gmv! I'd love to be able to wear this shirt.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

klswoot

jimiyo wrote:nice work... stinky hippie!

i kid i kid... about the stinky hippie part.

That would be my parents....I was just a stinky baby.

Jewdave

Re: Elvis has left the building... Resub

Elvis Presley died on August 16, 1977 in the bathroom of his Graceland mansion in Memphis, Tennessee. He was 42. He had been on the toilet, but fallen off onto the floor, where he lay in a pool of his own vomit. Panicked, his staff contacted an ambulance, which rushed him to nearby Baptist Memorial Hospital, where, after several attempts to revive him, he died at 3:30 pm CST. His autopsy was performed at 7:00 pm.

The official coroner's report lists "cardiac arrhythmia" as the cause of Presley's death, but this was later admitted to be a ruse entered into by the Presley family along with autopsy physicians Dr. Jerry T. Francisco, Dr. Eric Muirhead and Dr. Noel Florredo to cover up the real cause of death, a cocktail of ten prescribed drugs, taken in doses no doctor would prescribe:

The painkillers Morphine and Demerol.
Chloropheniramine, an antihistamine.
The tranquilizers Placidyl and Vailum.

40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!

klswoot

mia3mom wrote:wow. gorgeous! I'm really impressed with your use of color - I kept counting them sure that you had used more than 6 colors + shirt, because it's got such a rainbowy feel.

definitely gmv! I'd love to be able to wear this shirt.

Thanks Mia!
Yes. Only 6 colors...I snuck the shirt color in for an extra color. Red, Black, Blue, White, Purple and Yellow are the colors and then the green is the shirt color peeking through. Thanks Mia! I'm working away from home and it feels strange designing and uploading from different houses and computers. But, I'm glad I was able to get this one done. Thanks for the vote!

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
jimiyo wrote:if this doesnt win, ill raise hell. time for you to get a win, been a while right?

im getting my necronomicon book out... just in case.

JadenKale

Re: 1975: Vietnam War

It still doesn't follow the six color only rule. And I don't know but those circles and splotches look alot like a logo I've seen before.

JadenKale

snarkygal wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHA good one, Jaden

Thanks Snarky!! XD

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: 1982 Tron was released

Ovulating? My Goodness! I can't believe I didn't realize I could have done a tron shirt! This is epic, and well done. Kudos.GMV

recchiap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recchiap
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

This is a very nicely done design...I just don't think this would be that great as a shirt.

I enjoy being nostalgic, but if you really think about it, this is not a very good design for a shirt. Good work still, I just think it needs some work to be good for a shirt.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
mia3mom wrote:Given woot's rejection of shirts with 2 reactors across the chest, I'm surprised this wasn't challenged. Cool idea, though.

Nah, that particular designer doesn't get bitter when he gets rejected. He's pretty open to the idea of subjective rejections, to be honest. He only wishes shirt quality to be added to the list of reasons for possible rejection.

dekonstruct

aliruna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aliruna
Re: 1987 - Out of the 80s (resubmit)

Kinda sad, I had seven votes so quickly the first time I submitted, and now I only have six
Not like it matters, I'll never make it to the fog
xD

branmatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages branmatt
dekonstruct wrote:Ovulating? My Goodness! I can't believe I didn't realize I could have done a tron shirt! This is epic, and well done. Kudos.GMV

hehe Thanks! First time entering the derby. It's my second sub, first one got rejected, but I like this one better! Hopefully it doesn't get rejected as well. Thanks again!

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
jimiyo wrote:im getting my necronomicon book out... just in case.

lmfao

aisidoro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aisidoro
Re: 1989 Tear Down this Wall

Excellent design.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

Very cool! Hope it cheers up your mom.

dekonstruct

Re: 1978 - The Year of the Horse

This reminds me of the TV show Jem for some reason... not that I've ever watched it, it was on after transformers... seriously.

I like it though, GMV!

wilbervillekid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wilbervillekid
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

best shirt ever, this better win

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
folkkevi wrote:There is DNA. The hexagons and pentagons are cytocine, guanine, and adenine, which are the nucleotdes that make up a sequence of DNA.

By the way....this shirt is freakin sweet.

why no thymine?

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: 1988 mystery science 3000 is born.

YAY!!!! My only concern is that there might be copyright issues portraying those 3.

gomez017

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gomez017
Re: 1993- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

I like the idea but the green ranger didnt come along until later, and youre missing the coolest one of the original five, the black ranger.

Get on that, guy.

LeetRantipole

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LeetRantipole
recchiap wrote:This is a very nicely done design...I just don't think this would be that great as a shirt.

I enjoy being nostalgic, but if you really think about it, this is not a very good design for a shirt. Good work still, I just think it needs some work to be good for a shirt.

What about it do you think makes it a bad design for a shirt? I'm not seeing that.

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski

holy carp, you're young! 1993...

QuigglyPhD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuigglyPhD

Ahhh, 1983.

Call it the year of the pig and you're liable to have some chinese-toting Kung Fu master give you a slamdown.

In a master of years, 1983 may not have the creation of Transformers or arcade games, but we do have my little pony and Michael Jackson (back when he was still black and doing cool moves like the moonwalk).

In politics we have the declaration of an "evil empire" which was just as sure to win us popularity points as declaring an "axis of evil" would. Also, a proud day in American history with the formal recognition of Martin Luther King, Jr and the rights he fought to champion (no joke needed here).

And what year wouldn't be complete without popular fiction: Risky Business with the famous quote - sometimes you just have to say, what the $%*@.

Overall, 1983, a great year if only because I was born in it too

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daedalusknight wrote:Ah, those were the days. I remember listening to "Another One Rides the Bus" among others...

I think he did another one rides the bus on Tom Snider with just a cardboard box and his accordion.
My friend was on the show that night....Weird Al was much better!

Going to see him in July!

Sorry, it was way before 85. He was well established by then.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ejtracer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejtracer
Re: 1981

Oh Smurf!

ejtracer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejtracer
Re: 1970, Spoon Fork =

The spork surely made 30,000 years of human evolution relevant!

But I hate red shirts

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: CD Has Arrived

no text; resubmit!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: CD Has Arrived

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you're not allowed to have text on your shirt this derby. Please redesign and resubmit.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Discobiscuits wrote:no text; resubmit!

Heh.. we bumped heads on that one.

Also, needs to have the year in the name of the shirt.