mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
jenny78 wrote:So, you are saying he must stick to animals lest he not win the derby? I think Cho wins/places in the derby each week off his name alone. Talent or not, he has fans, loyal fans at that. That being said, I'm not denying he has incredible drawing skills, but I think he could enter anything at this point, and it would still win/place in every derby. It always does. Even if it's a design that isn't very wearable. People will vote/buy just because Cho drew it and Cho seems to have a lot of fans. AGAIN, I am not saying he isn't good at what he does. People are just a lot like sheep and follow the herd, in this case the majority. Sheeple.



Jenny, he draws animals because 1- he draws them well and 2- they sell. If people wanted to buy pictures of kitchen appliances, he would probably draw them instead. In capitalism, catering to the customer is seen as a virtue (i.e the customer is "always" right).

So I disagree with you. People buy his stuff, not just because he drew it, but because he drew it for THEM.

Now, he may not see it that way. And you may have a problem with what the average voter wants. Many of us do. But this is what woot is today, and the guys in Carrollton seem to be OK with it.

AGrant311


quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: 1978 - First Test Tube Baby Was Born



I love JadenKale designs. I wore my Nessie t-shirt yesterday and had several compliments on it. This test tube baby just cracks me up.

eyin42


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eyin42
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born



i wish it were something other than creme

twominusone


quality posts: 0 Private Messages twominusone
Re: 1981 - Cars Learn To Fly



Well I suppose they could just make the Cream colored one. I really only made the other 3 little ones to show diversity. Ive seen people show the other colors before without a problem though. I hope there isnt one, this is first shirt i tried people actually seem to like

I told her the truth. That you are a brave, and profoundly stupid robot.
<br>
www.DOillustration.com

ejseader


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
Re: 1976 - Best car ever



This car will forever remind me of the scene in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" when Spicoli (Sean Penn) was driving Jefferson's (Forest Whitaker) car and - after Spicoli crashes the car - Jefferson's kid brother goes: "My brother's gonna sh*t! He's gonna kill us!" and Spicoli goes "Well make up your mind, dude! Is he gonna sh*t or is he gonna kill us?"

"...first he's gonna sh*t! And then he's gonna kill us!"

LOL...I love that movie. If not just for that reason, this shirt gets my vote.

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

ejseader


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
Re: 1989



I remember saving up money - in increments of $.25, $1, and $5 - to get mine when I was 10...I effing loved that thing. :-)

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

whoawen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages whoawen
lostmimic wrote:Who ever made this shirt has no idea of the pain and suffering caused by these two men (and the fact that Castro had Che killed :P). Every time I see some kid wearing a Che shirt, who obviously doesn't know what it stands for my blood pressure shoots up. Im not tattling on the shirt, its free speech but Ill let you know how I and millions of others really feel about it.



Assuming some honesty, Josephus was born in 1959 and is probably not some kid who obviously doesn't know what it stands for.

ejseader


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
Re: Warhol just turned in his grave -1987



Effing awesome. Nice work!

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

shan24


quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
mjc613 wrote:Jenny, he draws animals because 1- he draws them well and 2- they sell. If people wanted to buy pictures of kitchen appliances, he would probably draw them instead. In capitalism, catering to the customer is seen as a virtue (i.e the customer is "always" right).


That's funny, you reminded me of one of Cho's first designs on here (if not THE first!)


recchiap


quality posts: 0 Private Messages recchiap
Re: 1989- Exxon Valdez Oil Spill



Very nicely done, I really like this design. Sad topic though

The sheen on the oil is great!

shan24


quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Apriori wrote:Great. I'm not sure how the brown works with the red/white/blue though.


Yeah we went through the different color choices over here but everyone who responded said to keep the brown. I liked it on both brown and navy. Thanks for the nod!

JustJiggles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
daedalusknight wrote:No worries. This one's obviously heading for the fog in a hurry.



I would say this is heading for 5th place slowly.

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: 1976 - The year I was made



I didn't even get this until I read the comments. Looked like a spoon on a plate to me. lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

eileenwoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eileenwoot
Re: 1969 - Woodstock and the Summer of 69.


oh my gosh! i love the 70's.Really good job on the love bug

2thFairy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: 1975 - one flew over the cuckoo's nest released



Nice choice for representation.

Failoan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born



This is wonderful fable, I would love one!

xaiven


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xaiven

this shirt is absolute beauty! magnificent work!

TravelingKailey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TravelingKailey
Re: 1979: REDUX



Love it! I just wish this version had been submitted earlier... then it would be much higher!

I'll definitely buy one if it's made!

Jigsaw13


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jigsaw13
SkekTek wrote:When it's something like the human genome project, which took a long time for people to get their ducks in a row (so to speak) across many countries and institutions, hammering a specific date/year may be difficult. Just my $0.02 though... I think the shirt looks great.



I agree, the Genome project was being visualized and planned for years before 1990, so it is impossible to set an exact date of its conception. Also the date has litte to do with the actual design, it doesn't actually say 1988 on the shirt so really this whole argument has been about the title, not the design. Just because the date may (or may not) be off in the title is no reason to disqualify or criticize a quality shirt.

Webfoot08


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
shan24 wrote:Thanks! I was hoping it would do better...but I'll put this up in my Zazzle store when the 60 days are up.



Thanks for the link to your Zazzle store. They're pretty slick, and the shirts and designs can be very cool. I've ordered a couple of things there, and received them in just a few days. The quality of the shirts is good and the images are comparable to Woot's in printing quality. I have a family connection to Evel Knievel (God rest his soul) and would love to have this shirt!

twominusone


quality posts: 0 Private Messages twominusone
Re: 1981 - The Year Cars Learned To Fly (re-sub)



Curse you Woot! I finally had over 5 votes and you made me re-sub because I gave options. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesh! So strict fellas.

I told her the truth. That you are a brave, and profoundly stupid robot.
<br>
www.DOillustration.com

Netsu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Netsu

i know dude. its cool though im on the prowl and id still want one of those. good choice with the cream though.

we are gods unwanted children

mattyfresh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattyfresh

hell
yes.

NotAGirl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages NotAGirl
fablefire wrote:Lawl... Now I want to parody this design.



this shirt is a parody of design

shan24


quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Webfoot08 wrote:Thanks for the link to your Zazzle store. They're pretty slick, and the shirts and designs can be very cool. I've ordered a couple of things there, and received them in just a few days. The quality of the shirts is good and the images are comparable to Woot's in printing quality. I have a family connection to Evel Knievel (God rest his soul) and would love to have this shirt!


I'm glad you like the shirt and with a connection to his family, I'm glad you're not offended by it. Also I'm encouraged by your good experience with Zazzle. I have a lot more to put on there, just haven't gotten to it yet. But I would like to have this one and will probably order one for myself too. Another good thing about Zazzle is you can let the buyer choose the shirt color

Netsu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Netsu

i second the idea for black.

we are gods unwanted children

sanjoe20


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanjoe20
Re: 1985: flux capacitation



I wish I was a capacitor of some kind ... but everyone loves Flux

Netsu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Netsu

I would pretend to be sick so i could miss school and catch this show in the morning when it came on. Totally worth it.

we are gods unwanted children

punkfiveo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages punkfiveo
Re: 1984 - Who ya gunna call?



sweet concept.

Hexarobi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hexarobi
Re: 1975



May I suggest the same shirt with nothing but this Nixon on it. Sure to be in the fog.

ElRicardo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElRicardo
frantix wrote:The entire read... Lawnchair Larry @ Wikipedia.



He did have a 'pellet gun' and he also brought beer up with him. The Darwin Awards has a special honorary mention for Larry - good story and a couple of pics
http://www.darwinawards.com/stupid/stupid1998-11.html


twominusone


quality posts: 0 Private Messages twominusone
Netsu wrote:i know dude. its cool though im on the prowl and id still want one of those. good choice with the cream though.



Thanx Netsu! Its nice to know someone cares! lol

I told her the truth. That you are a brave, and profoundly stupid robot.
<br>
www.DOillustration.com

bunt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunt
Re: 1976 - The year I was made



Dear Woot,

"We don't want your life story - just the very beginning."

case closed.

- Bunt

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: 1969 - Woodstock and the Summer of 69.



eileenwoot wrote:oh my gosh! i love the 70's.Really good job on the love bug




Thanks! I thought it would make for a fun entry! Thanks for the votes everybody!

yodathefrog28


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yodathefrog28
TravelingKailey wrote:Love it! I just wish this version had been submitted earlier... then it would be much higher!



I wish I had been able to switch it earlier as well...thanks!

Jewdave


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jewdave
Re: 1977: Elvis has left the building... (Resub)



So now people who go to school cannot take drugs specifically perscribed to them!?!?!?!

-------------------------------------
40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!
-------------------------------------

dasmonkeyboy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy

Turbotuff


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13157]1981 Gates introduces the PC



to bad this has text

krista3817


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krista3817
Ladypiccolo wrote:This would have rocked for the song lyrics derby too!!!

I wish I would have had designed it for that derby...arrgh! Didn't get to it in time!

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
artulo wrote:Looks great, Andy! Dig the colors and clean linework.


Thanks Artulo! I really appreciate that coming from you.
-Andy