AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Seattlejo wrote:I'll second that comment. It's a great design fable, but i can see the stains right now.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
heatz wrote:Ok, i wish woot for the casual wooters would have a list of nogo's or something..
Im not a wootadict so im foreign to this.

and btw 1980 was pretty boring !

Here is the link I said I wasn't going to produce. Read the rejection reason:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=12321

skaght

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaght
Discobiscuits wrote:GMV, i love monkeys. the glow on their faces makes them really pop out IMO. I love it. Definite buy if you get in the fog (dunno why you aren't.)

gl man

Well, thank you. Apparently Nintendo > Atari to most wooters. So it goes.

Good luck to you as well.

WashedWade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WashedWade
Re: 1979 - First Publication of the Neverending story

I hope this shirt wins. I loved the book!

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
daedalusknight wrote:Glad you like it. I don't know that you'd need to explain it to people, though... if they're Pink Floyd fans they know the prism idea and they know that the last song on the album is "Eclipse." You can add the information that there was an unusually long solar eclipse in the year Dark Side of the Moon was released, but that's not needed to "get" the shirt.

If they're not Pink Floyd fans, it's a nicely designed graphic element with no meaning whatsoever. :-)

I would think that being a Pink Floyd fan, one would wonder why its not a prism...I know I was a little confused until I read your description. In any case, its a nice shirt =]

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
kixxster wrote:In any case, its a nice shirt =]

Glad you like it. Hope you get your shirt. :-)

skaght

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaght
jamescho84 wrote:
gotcha

LOL. Newfound respect for cho.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: 1993- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

At least two other power rangers shirts have been rejected already. Copyright issues.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
AGrant311 wrote:I love JadenKale designs. I wore my Nessie t-shirt yesterday and had several compliments on it. This test tube baby just cracks me up.

Thanks!!! I'm glad you like my designs

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

I haven't read/watched the Neverending story, but this design is very ouroboros-like. It's cool, but I remember there was another shirt that was similar, though only because it was ouroboros-like as well, with the snake twisted into an infinity sign. I don't know if that would be a problem...

Meh. Good luck!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Mysteria1884

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mysteria1884

I just submitted 1984: Big Brother is Watching. You should vote for it for the sole reason that I created it using MS Paint! :-)

Does anybody know if woot changes the placement or size of the images? I don't really like it smack dab in the middle the way I originally submitted it, but I don't really want to resubmit it in a different place since it'd be the same design.

73 and counting

iamlraallen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamlraallen
rgivs wrote:hahaha I love this... I would probably buy two incase 1 was stolen

Good Submission dude!

Thanks!

heatz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heatz
bluchez wrote:Here is the link I said I wasn't going to produce. Read the rejection reason:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=12321

Thank you but I found it, im just saying there should be a list so that casual people dont waste time.

Jambando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jambando
SkekTek wrote:Oh, c'mon... we're not official history policemen here. If the artist made the shirt with a good-faith explanation as to why they thought the year was what it was, and shows evidence supporting that theory, we should accept it as such. As long as it's in the general ballpark. If it's way off and obvious, yeah reject (like saying the Godfather was released in 1956 or something like that).

When it's something like the human genome project, which took a long time for people to get their ducks in a row (so to speak) across many countries and institutions, hammering a specific date/year may be difficult. Just my $0.02 though... I think the shirt looks great.

QFT

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
heatz wrote:Thank you but I found it, im just saying there should be a list so that casual people dont waste time.

casual people? no list for the uptight people needed, i guess.. heh..

daedalusknight

Mysteria1884 wrote:
Does anybody know if woot changes the placement or size of the images? I don't really like it smack dab in the middle the way I originally submitted it, but I don't really want to resubmit it in a different place since it'd be the same design.

Woot generally does not change placement or size, though they will tweak a little. If you'd like the image in a different place you can remove your original entry (click the red "X") and post a new one with a different location.

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
bionic86 wrote:WHY!? Nobody likes this design. Please stop submitting it.

Hear hear...I personally think this design is in poor taste...who would ever want to wear a shirt specifically focusing on the rather depressing manner of death of a cultural icon?

Mysteria1884

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mysteria1884
Re: 1984: Big Brother is Watching

I created this shirt in MS Paint - a terribly time-consuming task. I have much more useful programs at home, but since I created this at work, MS Paint was the only thing available. (Sorry boss! I'll get payroll done tomorrow...)

73 and counting

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm
littlejetties wrote:sorry Tallworm. I didn't mean to start a discussion about my tattoo. That being said. Thanks to all who like it. And yes, it was done pre-pluto contoversy. I wish my shirt designs would get this much attention.

Still love this shirt design tallworm. GMV.

No problem at all. Any publicity is good publicity Glad you like the design! I was hoping for a few more votes at this point but I guess everyone feels that way about their shirts.

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots

Beautiful design and I absolutely adored the movies as a child. I wish you had submitted this sooner!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: 1969 - Woodstock and the Summer of 69.

Thanks for the votes to get the love bug over the 100 vote mark!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
jamescho84 wrote:
gotcha

Oh James....should I admit that I had a huge crush on Ponch? You guys already know that I was born in 1969, so while in school we had to write to a person or business and request something from them. I was one of the few students that got a response to their letter. He (well, his publicity folks) sent a couple of head shots to me. This wasn't one of the pictures, but it brought back memories from that whole CHIPS era.

tallworm

This is great! Good color choice. Even if you did not know the movie this design would still work. GMV

wonderstew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderstew

This is positively smashing!

Beautiful work! Wow.

Shaving.

CarbonSasquatch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CarbonSasquatch

[I love the concept, since I thought of a similar design, but lack the artistic prowess to put in a submission. You might want to clarify the reference to 1956. Was this the year network programming was available in color? My "Century in Review" book shows the first commercially available color sets were sold in 1954 by Westinghouse, for more than $1200 (enough to buy a new car at the time) although they were dropping the price to $1000 after selling only 30 in two months.
I wonder if the graphic isn't a tad large, considering the itty bitty screens available in the 50's

tallworm

BigKuntry wrote:cool idea... I wonder if might be better on a grey shirt or a color similar to the uniforms in the movie?

I agree. Love the concept but it might work better on brown or asphault. There is no Peter there is only Zuul!

mkdesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkdesign
Re: 1988, The Human Genome Project

yeeeeah I really digg up on this one. Nice use of color and design.
"freakin' sweet"
Im a designer/ screenprinter, so if you dont win... I will print a gang of them for you. so, so, good

cenerslaveshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cenerslaveshop
ejseader wrote:This car will forever remind me of the scene in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" when Spicoli (Sean Penn) was driving Jefferson's (Forest Whitaker) car and - after Spicoli crashes the car - Jefferson's kid brother goes: "My brother's gonna sh*t! He's gonna kill us!" and Spicoli goes "Well make up your mind, dude! Is he gonna sh*t or is he gonna kill us?"

"...first he's gonna sh*t! And then he's gonna kill us!"

LOL...I love that movie. If not just for that reason, this shirt gets my vote.

Like that movie, too. The car they crashed was a Z28. As a 1979 T.A. owner, I cringe when someone mixes them up. This shirt reminds me of "Smokey and the Bandit" since it's a 1977 or 1978.

mkdesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkdesign
mkdesign wrote:yeeeeah I really digg up on this one. Nice use of color and design.
"freakin' sweet"
Im a designer/ screenprinter, so if you dont win... I will print a gang of them for you. so, so, good

i shant give a damn when it was actually founded, organized, thought about, conceived or whatever. You cant really place a date on something of that magnitude.
At any rate: This is a phenominal design and therefor deserves the first prize.
so there.
I give it three thumbs up.
keep up the good work.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
underblueskies wrote:So are you mocking the conspiracy theory or do you actually believe we faked the moon landing? I of course prefer to think we landed on the moon, so I don't think I'd wear this shirt.

Mocking.... we did land on the moon obviously (hundreds of pounds of rocks don't lie). But I thought, yes, I could do a moon landing shirt (I did). But it would be a BETTER idea to design something around the hoax theory... and there it is.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

2thFairy wrote:Why would anybody's username be anything? I see the point you think you are making, but it is not neccesarily a good asumption.

I find people my age often use their birth year after names, so I think it's a fair guess. You don't have to agree. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

daedalusknight

tallworm wrote:I agree. Love the concept but it might work better on brown or asphault. There is no Peter there is only Zuul!

Ray: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.

Peter: Exactly.

Ray: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Egon: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

Winston: The dead rising from the grave!

Peter: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

cheer4vols

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheer4vols
Re: 1984: Duck Hunt {RESUB}

I would buy this for myself AND my boyfriend! 2 woots here!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

rushblume wrote:Everyone seems to have a vote badge in the signature. Just trying to give props to the artists I was in the fog with and also campaign, as Woot suggests in the derby FAQ. I don't think it was out of line, but thanks for offering your opinion and best of luck to you!

If you want a sig then you need to click on the "your account" tab and enter the code for that stuff into the box at the bottom.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Jambando wrote:QFT

QFLies. The whole concept of this derby is based on the years. It'd be like entering soda or soup in the water derby, rationalizing that it is made with water. An entry using the wrong year is completely off topic, as per the theme itself. If you can't hammer down a year, you shouldn't make the shirt. It'd be like making a Reagan shirt for 86, because hey, he was still the president then. And if you got the year wrong (again, thriller the video, which is the reference in said design, came out in late 83, nearly 84) then it's doubly off topic, because you've either made a design that's not from the right year if you're 82, or you've made a design not from your birth year if you then title it 83. I know woot can't really police our ages, but they sure can police the years. It's an idiotic theme, to be sure, but if they're going to base a theme off this, they should be able to base their rejections around year accuracy. If not, they should have rethought the theme. which is probably true anyway

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10
mkdesign wrote:yeeeeah I really digg up on this one. Nice use of color and design.
"freakin' sweet"

That would be awesome, how would that work out?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

daedalusknight wrote:Sweet monkey Jebus! Eleven? Let's see...

My Very Eccentric Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas, Eclairs and Calzones.

How's that? :-)

A fourth-grader already came up with one.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

KenSPT wrote:Wow, you're actually right.

Unless the computer screen is tricking me, I easily noticed 7 colors ...

*snip*

I could be wrong though, I'm pretty darn tired right now.

Your screen is playing tricks. He already took it down and removed the 7th color. Now it's 6 + shirt.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mjl9320 wrote:it's bothering me that the light gun is orange. it wasn't orange...

Really?

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Seattlejo wrote:I'll second that comment. It's a great design fable, but i can see the stains right now.

Buy a few then in case of "accidents". XD