Jewdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jewdave
squidboots wrote:Hear hear...I personally think this design is in poor taste...who would ever want to wear a shirt specifically focusing on the rather depressing manner of death of a cultural icon?

Appologies to all who are offended by this shirt. I personally feel it is wise to remember that fame is oft short lived and many times ends in less than glorious ways. I do not find humor in death itself, and I do not feel that a persons demise is an introspective into one's life. I was simply trying to make light of an otherwise sad event... I'm still learning the tastes of the ultimate consumer and expect that I will stumble on my way to developing a general understanding of it.

To that effect I humbly submit:
1977: Elvis in memorium...

-------------------------------------
40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

Knew it was going to be rejected because of the text, but it is done beautifully!! Can it be saved and used for a different derby - if the theme fits? It is so funny, and cute, at the same time :D

pamipa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pamipa
Re: Star Wars Trivial Births...

Hey woot Staff... feel free to pick better colors... I'm color-blind... so have at it. I'm SURE there could be a better use of colors here.

I fix computers remotely! I am the PCFixerGuy. I buy far too many woots. *hint hint*

Jewdave

pamipa wrote:Hey woot Staff... feel free to pick better colors... I'm color-blind... so have at it. I'm SURE there could be a better use of colors here.

I'm learning... No Star Wars, and you do not have the date in the title...

40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!

SydneyB

GlenX10 wrote:thanks for the comments, if i was close enough to be knee deep in ash i probably would have peed my pants...well i would have peed my pants either way since i was just born

ROFL!!!

SydneyB

Oooooo... Pretty!!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
pamipa wrote:Hey woot Staff... feel free to pick better colors... I'm color-blind... so have at it. I'm SURE there could be a better use of colors here.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this will be rejected. Please take a look at some of the rejected shirts in this derby and you'll see that Star Wars shirts get rejected because of copyright infringement. Also they are rejected when they have more than six ink colors. Lastly, they're rejected when they don't have the year number in the title.

You can remove your shirt by clicking on the red "x" above your entry. Then you can submit a different shirt design when you're done. Thanks for entering!

pamipa

Jewdave wrote:I'm learning... No Star Wars, and you do not have the date in the title...

There a way to change the title without reuploading the whole thing?

I fix computers remotely! I am the PCFixerGuy. I buy far too many woots. *hint hint*

calove720

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calove720
Re: 1982: Thriller

probably one of the best shirts ever and dances! i def want one then take pics while doing the dance. ;)

Jewdave

SydneyB wrote:GMV - just for tenacity :D

Hey... I think the reason behind his appeal to many is unknown, but for some reason his music is just impossible to dislike. I don't consider him my idol, but I think he might be my neighbor... Check out the movie Bubba Ho-Tep if you ever desire to see what Elvis would be like now..

40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!

pamipa

daedalusknight wrote:I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this will be rejected. Please take a look at some of the rejected shirts in this derby and you'll see that Star Wars shirts get rejected because of copyright infringement. Also they are rejected when they have more than six ink colors. Lastly, they're rejected when they don't have the year number in the title.

You can remove your shirt by clicking on the red "x" above your entry. Then you can submit a different shirt design when you're done. Thanks for entering!

Gotcha... no problem. Not like I spent much time on it.

Thanks for the FYI. Taking it down now...

daedalusknight

pamipa wrote:There a way to change the title without reuploading the whole thing?

No, there's not, I'm afraid. But the shirt will be rejected anyway because of copyright infringement and over six ink colors. Sorry about that.

daedalusknight

pamipa wrote:Gotcha... no problem. Not like I spent much time on it.

Thanks for the FYI. Taking it down now...

You're welcome.

sentnl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentnl
AdderXYU wrote:You've seen the most popular shirts every derby, right?

Not to say I don't own a cool breeze (I don't think the printing is that much of an issue) but to claim popularity is quality is still, as it has been, foolish. Do I own it? Yes. Is it on my top 10? Not hardly.

Meh, give the people what they want. Cool Breeze has sold far more than any other shirt, so obviously the *drastic* color problems you have found in both that and this entry must not ruin the shirt eh? This is a cool design, and I think it still would be even if none of the dark brown were to show up, but I think Woot will do a little better than you expect. Another thing to note is that Woot has only one brown color for the actual T-Shirts...they do however have more than one shades of brown for the print, so you can't say the same problem of not being able to match the brown right will happen on this shirt like it did on Cool Breeze.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Re: 1982 Born Again Shirt

ACTUAL photograph, eh? l ol! I love the plug! You did very well. =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

Futurejunior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Futurejunior
Re: 1987- NOT COPYRIGHTED full metal jacket

Did you seriously think adding the words "not copyrighted" in all caps was going to stop them from rejecting this again?

James Cmunt

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
mjc613 wrote:Bummer. You are going to have to resubmit. Woot doesn't allow actual photos. Thanks for showing it to us anyway.

Are you for real? Look again..

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: 1982 Born Again Shirt

hahahaha!!

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: 1985 - Buckminsterfullerene (super geek version)

It'd be pretty sweet if this made it to the fog.
I love this shirt!

corvettejoe

quality posts: 24 Private Messages corvettejoe
ugomona wrote:I hate to be a killjoy, but the car is a 77-78 Trans Am. The 76 had round headlights.

I was about to post the same thing.
I had a 76 and a 79 T/A years ago.
I miss them too.

Too bad it's not the correct car

BTW the Bandit car is a 78

corvettejoe

It looks just like my dad's old 1983 Toyota Tercel Hatchback that I learned to drive on.

corvettejoe

Jewdave wrote: Was 1977 that crappy of a year?

Sadly yes. All I got out of 1977 from the designs so far was a few people died.

corvettejoe

I'm voting on this because I like nearly anything with a circuit board on it ;)

corvettejoe

Re: 1972

I, too, love circuitry on shirts. Voted, even though this is a few years before my time.

corvettejoe

*click vote* oh why not. It's super geeky

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester

Might be a bit of a 'duh' becuase of the first part of my user name (yes chosen for this author) but thumbs up from here <3

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: 1979 - First Publication of the Neverending story

Love this movie, I'll have to read the book now..

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: 1984: Robots in Disguise

Great color choices and so awesome! gmv

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13172]

Very cool design, but they can't print all the way to the bottom seam either.
-Andy

glazecovered

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glazecovered
brizz wrote:once again wooters are voting for an idea rather than a shirt. it's really amazing how often this happens - a good idea is poorly executed and still gets a ton of votes...most recent example being the blue box tree. Great idea, terrible execution.

This is almost indecipherable and will look awful if it actually gets printed. I love the idea, but the execution is just bad bad bad...jam on it.

I agree with the whole voting for the idea rather than execution spiel, but I think if this particular shirt was any "better" executed, it'd be stepping on several copyrights' toes.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: 1963 Search for the real Bobby Fischer {resub}

I like the look of this second one Taylor. Nicely done!

klswoot

Re: 1969 - Woodstock

Finally getting a few minutes to look through the listings. Wanted to see who else was born in 1969!

Cool! I was born the same time as CreationsfromChaos! Another woodstock babe! Like your take on the period as well!

klswoot

Re: 1972: Watergate

Patch! I thought you were older than me! Neat take on Watergate. The design has such a feeling of peace...even though you are identifying a pretty turbulent point in history.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
eleigh33 wrote:One of my friends was the first test tube baby born in the state of Delaware (82 or 83?) This gets my vote! I'll be sure to get him one if it wins.

Really?!? That's very cool! Well I'm glad I got your vote then! I'm loving all the information I've learned about this since I first entered it.

klswoot

Re: 1975 Oh So Cool! (Resub)

This reminds me of a picture of my dad...but he was standing in front of a Datsun 280Z...don't forget the medalion hanging from the neck. So...70s!

andrewg2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewg2

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

klswoot wrote:Patch! I thought you were older than me! Neat take on Watergate. The design has such a feeling of peace...even though you are identifying a pretty turbulent point in history.

He does act like a [dirty] old man sometimes, doesn't he? ^_~

(We love you anyway, Patch.)

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: 1978 - First Test Tube Baby Was Born

This design might do great on maternity shirts.

I really liked the design on purple! I know more people like light blue, and it works well on that, but it just goes POW on purple.

dcarhart

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dcarhart
Re: 1963 JFK ETERNAL FLAME

very moving

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
2thFairy wrote:Are you for real? Look again..

I was joking, 2th. He said it was an actual photo. Get it?