Mysteria1884

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mysteria1884
Re: 1984: Big Brother is Watching (2)

I know I have no chance of winning, considering it's Tuesday morning, but vote for me anyway! I altered my original design a bit and I think this one looks a lot cooler. Once again, this was created in MS Paint, which ups the cool factor by at least 200%. :-)

73 and counting

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: 1973: Skylab

VERY well done, Daedalus. The detail, the subject, the contrast - all top notch.

It needs more votes for sure.

smittycity42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smittycity42
Re: 1988 : B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber

Thats a really elegant cleaver design, I love it!

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
littlejetties wrote:This design is so good. Why is it not in the fog. A couple of days ago, I actually thought I would be buying a derby shirt again. It's been a while. Maybe next week.

I thought so too. This design is just way too good to be in the fog, I guess? I have no idea why this isn't winning. It's by a popular artist, and it's an awesome design. Oh well. I haven't bought a derby shirt in a few months, might as well keep the trend going.

mjc613

Re: 1977: Whoa... I'm feelin' a Saturday Night Fever

I LIKE the colors - thanks for a red shirt.

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
fillengroovy wrote:Snakes are long and winding...

In this case....yes

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
Re: 1979 - First Publication of the Neverending story

Awesome idea! but, I wish it wasnt so BIG! if it was the size of the medalion in the picture that would be perfect! but its still GMV

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
Re: 1981 - The Year Cars Learned To Fly (re-sub)

I'm glad I saw that this was resubmitted - so I can vote for it again! Love this shirt!

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

ejseader

corvettejoe wrote:I was about to post the same thing.
I had a 76 and a 79 T/A years ago.
I miss them too.

Too bad it's not the correct car

BTW the Bandit car is a 78

LOL TransAm dorks. :-)

m2mla2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m2mla2
Re: 1998 - The moon

In 1998, the Clementine probe found frozen water under the surface of the moon. Also, John Glenn, who had landed on the moon, went back into space. This shirt shows both.

I'm turning 10 this year, woot!

ejseader

narkus wrote:egads! I drove a Pacer in high school '83 grad. Butt ugly car but you could cram a ton a people in it (or is this a Gremlin?)

I bet there was a lot of room for...other car activities...that would occur, say at a 'lookout point' of some sort. LOL

I remember my parents had one of these when I was a kid. I loved the huge windows - it was like being in a fishbowl on wheels.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
mjc613 wrote:This design might do great on maternity shirts.

I really liked the design on purple! I know more people like light blue, and it works well on that, but it just goes POW on purple.

Once this is released, I'm going to do that. I've gotta figure out how the diaper will print if I have cafepress do the shirt, since I have a shop there and they do maternity shirts. Otherwise, I'm thinking of seeing what bountee has for options. I want to either expand my cafepress site, or go to one that won't cause me to compromise my design purely because they don't have white as an option when printing.

As for the purple, I did pick that color on purpose because it DID pop so well. I wish woot would break down and add a purple color to the repertoire. Although, I wonder if I would have only half the votes had that been an option.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Sachmoe64 wrote:Awesome idea! but, I wish it wasnt so BIG! if it was the size of the medalion in the picture that would be perfect! but its still GMV

I agree, the medallion size would have been best, as well as giving it a little more presence with more color and shading. It just looks far too flat for me (and I love this movie and book so I'm not picking it apart because I don't know the story or anything). It needs something more, and I don't mean in size.

m2mla2

My mom let me buy the Koi shirt that she has too, and now I can vote for myself!

And for other people, too.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: 1973: Skylab

great shirt! I'm a sucker for aerospace shirts, but this is gorgeous. nice work! gmv

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
jmseifer wrote:Dude - nice design, and if we ever have a presidential derby, you can resub as "duck cheney"

YES!

m2mla2

Re: 1978 - The Year of the Horse

Hi my mom took a pic of me in my littly nessie shirt. and i love all of your other shirts too.

ugomona

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ugomona
Re: 1978 - First Test Tube Baby Was Born

This is just too cute! My 2 year old saw this and said, "Ooh! Baby!" I was in early elementary school when this happened and this was the topic of recess. My friends and I couldn't quite figure out how they got that baby to live in a test tube! We had a friend who was quite knowledgeable about s e x (especially back then for a grade-schooler!) and she told us all about it. We were quite skeptical anyway!

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
JadenKale wrote:I agree, the medallion size would have been best, as well as giving it a little more presence with more color and shading. It just looks far too flat for me (and I love this movie and book so I'm not picking it apart because I don't know the story or anything). It needs something more, and I don't mean in size.

I toyed with that for a while... having it look as if you were wearing the medallion. It just didn't feel right, though, with only the 6 colors to use. I wanted it to look realistic if I did it that way. I went with the sketched look and cut down the color size...but it needed to be bigger for that one to work.

At least, that's what was going through my head. I'll toy with some other versions.. perhaps you will see them in future derby submissions by yours truly

:-)

keyser520

superspryte wrote:Yes.

does this one stand a chance? or is it too far behind?

m2mla2

Re: 1972: On a roll...

cool you got me laughing. he he

jzelts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzelts
Re: 1972: Watergate

i love the water coming down, and the sublte "gate" it goes through. nice!

mjc613

Welcome to woot, m2m. I really like how the colors on your shirt really stand out. I wish other designers understood the concept of contrast as well as you do.

Keep drawing, I think you have a good eye for what works well on a shirt.

Woodpecker

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Woodpecker

Nice work!

lunchboxbrain

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lunchboxbrain
Re: In Hot Pursuit

1979: the year that Trivial Pursuit was invented and the Three Mile Island accident. Crazy times.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
mjc613 wrote:I was joking, 2th. He said it was an actual photo. Get it?

I got it.. thought you didn't.. heh

blazineagle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazineagle
Re: 1987- death of a star

Got a late start here on this one, but it's in!

Torvik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Torvik
Re: 1977: 2600: A Video Game Odyssey

Mmmm. I'd feel better about it if it wasn't quite so... phallic. (Especially with the one monkey reaching the way he is. O_o )

Torvik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Torvik

Oh! That's supposed to be funny.
Sorry, guess I'm a little slow today. Just couldn't see the humour in it...

blazineagle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazineagle

here;s the scoop on this one. Andy Warhol dies Feb 22, 1987. Dusky Seaside Sparrow goes extinct June 17, 1987. And the first supernova viewable with the naked eye from earth since 1604 appears in the sky on Feb 23, 1987. So, a shirt on death of an artist, a feeble species, and a star.

evanigma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evanigma

The design is spectacular. I'd love to wear this shirt.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

keyser520 wrote:does this one stand a chance? or is it too far behind?

I don't think it's climbing fast enough, so no.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: 1982 year of the smilie

Text is not allowed this week. Also, designs need to be put on shirt templates.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

andrewg2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewg2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that bird looks like unoriginal art, and I would have at least gotten rid of the white background. The star loks pretty good if you did it yourself, but it looks like too many colors.

jemacken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jemacken
Re: Warhol just turned in his grave -1987

I'm going to be disappointed because nobody is voting for this one and it is my absolute favorite. Awesome design!!!

keyser520

superspryte wrote:I don't think it's climbing fast enough, so no.

*le sigh* cafe press... here i come :-) (in 60 days)

DirtiusMaximus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirtiusMaximus

1. All colors must be solid. No Gradients, fades, etc...
2. Only six colors.
3. All Colors must be from the Pantone Solid Coated palette.
4. Only original art. No photos, no tracing.
5. No copyrighted images.
6. No text this week.

Honestly, people, read the rules before submitting!
*exasperated sigh*

DirtiusMaximus

Re: 1982 year of the smilie

Also, colors must be solid, and, unless I'm wrong, that's not one of the available shirt colors.

DirtiusMaximus

Re: 1970 First F-14 Tomcat Tested

This does not appear to be original art, and it contains text.

nyadolla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyadolla
ejseader wrote:I bet there was a lot of room for...other car activities...that would occur, say at a 'lookout point' of some sort. LOL

I remember my parents had one of these when I was a kid. I loved the huge windows - it was like being in a fishbowl on wheels.

It's actually a greenhouse...