akb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akb
Re: 1958. Sputnik I Falls Back to Earth

I like this. A lot. You got my vote, and not only because I'm also a '58 baby or because "Sputnik" is my nickname.

andrewg2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewg2
superspryte wrote:Then stop submitting them. If you keep it up you can get yourself probated/banned.

Why is it a copyright-infringing resub can get more votes than me, man that's a self-confidence kick in the rear...

QuigglyPhD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuigglyPhD

You should try cleaning up the final image design with either illustrator or another paint program that uses vector graphics... saving as a GIF makes it more easily visible too... love the design though

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: 1990-year of the horse

probably would have been cooler had you designed it yourself : http://images.43things.com/entry/198327pw150.jpg

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
Re: 1998 - The moon

I love your shirt! Keep up the good work!

JadenKale

Re: 1970 First airing of Monday Night Football

you can't have text on your shirt design this week.

YouKay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YouKay

Does that constitute a celebrity likeness?

JadenKale

ugomona wrote:This is just too cute! My 2 year old saw this and said, "Ooh! Baby!" I was in early elementary school when this happened and this was the topic of recess. My friends and I couldn't quite figure out how they got that baby to live in a test tube! We had a friend who was quite knowledgeable about s e x (especially back then for a grade-schooler!) and she told us all about it. We were quite skeptical anyway!

Thanks Even my mom got a kick out of this when she saw it this weekend. I almost had the baby waving from the testtube standing in a holder, but this was much easier to create, IMO. plus, the look and the design were just more interesting this way. I'm glad that you and your 2 yr old enjoyed it so much!! I'm glad this has gotten so much positive feedback!

JadenKale

m2mla2 wrote:Hi my mom took a pic of me in my littly nessie shirt. and i love all of your other shirts too.

Aww!! Thanks so much! I really appreciate getting feedback on my Nessie as well as my other shirts too! I'm really glad you like them so well.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: 1969 - Woodstock and the Summer of 69.

Come on wooters! This would make a great, groovy summer shirt! Thanks for the votes thus far! And...it's on green!

gnuhise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnuhise
m2mla2 wrote:In 1998, the Clementine probe found frozen water under the surface of the moon. Also, John Glenn, who had landed on the moon, went back into space. This shirt shows both.

I'm turning 10 this year, woot!

John Glenn never landed on the moon. He was only in orbital flight. The shirt can still apply though.

Jewdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jewdave
JadenKale wrote:probably would have been cooler had you designed it yourself : http://images.43things.com/entry/198327pw150.jpg

ooooh snap!

-------------------------------------
40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!

hyannis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hyannis

I love the Apollo 13 shirt - a great commemorative!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
gnuhise wrote:John Glenn never landed on the moon. He was only in orbital flight. The shirt can still apply though.

Please blame her mom's memory problems, not her. Ooops. Thanks for the correction!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

jeighsohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeighsohn
Re: 1984: Duck Hunt {RESUB}

is the light gun a copyrighted design?

something about the duck art disturbs me. too realistic maybe?

hmm. good luck.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: 1970 The World Trade Center Is Opened To Tenants

No text this week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

kindalikeyeah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kindalikeyeah
fablefire wrote:EDIT: This is on CREME. Not pink. ...there are no pink woot shirts.

The Legend of Zelda made it's debut in Japan in 1986.

Nintendo does not have a copyrights on generic bottles, fairies, hearts, swords, bombs, or hexagonal-cut jewels.

@ artulo - Thanks. :3

I am waiting for somebody to say "Late April Fools!!" But I keep waiting and waiting.

Jewdave

mia3mom wrote:Please blame her mom's memory problems, not her. Ooops. Thanks for the correction!

I LOVE how the clementine probe looks JUST like a clementine... MMMMM... GMV!!!

40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!

jeighsohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeighsohn
Re: 1969- Great Moon Hoax

i like the concept but not the execution here. it all looks misshapen to me. not my style.

good luck, though!

YouKay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YouKay

http://www.myblackroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/pinkfloyd-album-dark_side_of_the_moon.jpg

Meh I say!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

YouKay wrote:http://www.myblackroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/pinkfloyd-album-dark_side_of_the_moon.jpg

Meh I say!

Yes, we're familiar with Pink Floyd. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

220Maxima

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 220Maxima

I dont know why everyone seems to be crying about the shirt. It is a shirt for the Human Genome Project. It is not a shirt depicting Africa nor are there any racist undertones and the designer has already attested to that. It is an excellent design of a project that was clearly "initiated" in 1988, and it is a shirt that I and many others would clearly love to wear. Let it win and find something else to do with your time then to shoot down a shirt that is an obvious achievement.

Re: 1988, The Human Genome Project

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
keyser520 wrote:has a shirt submitted monday afternoon ever made it into the fog?

Specifically, Redghia69 submitted his shirt on monday for the Leap year derby and it made it to print. His design was called Just because...

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: 1982

Hi there, fellow designer.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your shirt is going to be rejected by Woot. But have no fear, you can still fix things and re-submit. Here's what I see that needs correction:

--There is no text allowed this derby. Please remove the text.
--It looks like this design has more than six ink colors. I could be wrong, but if that's the case please be sure and reduce it down to six.
--Your thumbnail image (240x240) has a white background, but the shirt is on black. Please make sure the detail image matches the shirt image.

There's still time to fix your shirt. Please click the red " X " above your entry to delete it and then re-submit a corrected version. That way you can still be in the contest. I love the C64 and would vote for a shirt of it. Good luck to you!

daedalusknight

mjc613 wrote:VERY well done, Daedalus. The detail, the subject, the contrast - all top notch.

It needs more votes for sure.

Thanks so much! I realize it's a super-late entry, but I hope people enjoy it enough to vote for it. I really spent way too much time on it. :-)

daedalusknight

mia3mom wrote:great shirt! I'm a sucker for aerospace shirts, but this is gorgeous. nice work! gmv

I'm so glad you like it. I actually made a design, scrapped it, made another design, scrapped that, tried a third time... accidentally ruined the file, and this is the fourth and hopefully final try.

I must be crazy. :-)

daedalusknight

YouKay wrote:http://www.myblackroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/pinkfloyd-album-dark_side_of_the_moon.jpg

Meh I say!

Uhm... yes... that was the inspiration for half this shirt's design. The other half was the eclipse the year it was released.

Combining them together give us (hang on to your artsy fartsy hats) visual bricolage (ta da!) in a postmodern pop mode. Gotta love art school. :-)

xumann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xumann

Your LM has one too many engines.

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
Re: 1963 Search for the real Bobby Fischer {resub}

This is a cool design. I wish it was smaller but o well. It GMV! Sorry I missed the first submission.

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

Jewdave

lunchboxbrain wrote:1979: the year that Trivial Pursuit was invented and the Three Mile Island accident. Crazy times.

I do like it, but it will be rejected since there is no year in the title... talk about trivial...

40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: 1974 - year of the tiger (black)

Hey thanks everyone for the great comments. I like the black version better, too!

daedalusknight

ugomona wrote:This is just too cute! My 2 year old saw this and said, "Ooh! Baby!" I was in early elementary school when this happened and this was the topic of recess. My friends and I couldn't quite figure out how they got that baby to live in a test tube! We had a friend who was quite knowledgeable about s e x (especially back then for a grade-schooler!) and she told us all about it. We were quite skeptical anyway!

Heheh... yeah... I remember seeing a news story about this when we were kids and my parents wound up having to explain to my sister and I how baby production /usually/ worked. I remember thinking they were clearly making it all up. There's no way THAT would lead to babies. :-)

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

Straight from Wikipedia...1972 - "A New Delhi bootlegger sells wood alcohol to a wedding party - 100 dead."

This wo(od)uld be funny to illustrate.

Nanku42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nanku42

I just made this my background on my computer. This is the best shirt I have ever seen and must have it. I played Duck Hunt so often and went to sleep dreaming of the noise the spring in the gun makes when you pull the trigger.

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
Re: 1948 THE BIRTH OF ROCK AND ROLL, ME, AND OTHER COO

Actually this is the best design of all, but prolly will not be in the top 3 which is sad.

SailorButterfly

daedalusknight wrote:Hi there, fellow designer.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your shirt is going to be rejected by Woot. But have no fear, you can still fix things and re-submit. Here's what I see that needs correction:

--There is no text allowed this derby. Please remove the text.
--It looks like this design has more than six ink colors. I could be wrong, but if that's the case please be sure and reduce it down to six.
--Your thumbnail image (240x240) has a white background, but the shirt is on black. Please make sure the detail image matches the shirt image.

There's still time to fix your shirt. Please click the red " X " above your entry to delete it and then re-submit a corrected version. That way you can still be in the contest. I love the C64 and would vote for a shirt of it. Good luck to you!

Also wanted to point out that any text on the C64 itself will need to be removed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SailorButterfly

Re: Olympics in Barcelona

Sorry, but there is no text this week.

SailorButterfly

DirtiusMaximus wrote:Also, colors must be solid, and, unless I'm wrong, that's not one of the available shirt colors.

I figured they were going for the Grass Green shirt. Like these:

http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Gettysburg_AddresshayDetail.jpg

http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Geek_Crestz7wDetail.jpg

http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Root_Systemr6oDetail.jpg

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
Torvik wrote:I'd buy it, but I think it's a bit too complex. If it didn't have the trike in the for-front, I'd be all over it!

Sorry, but have to voice my disagreement with this post... the trike and progression towards the shadow are what makes it!
Come on voters! Go for the collab in disguise.

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
killingtime wrote:Straight from Wikipedia...1972 - "A New Delhi bootlegger sells wood alcohol to a wedding party - 100 dead."

This wo(od)uld be funny to illustrate.

You've got 21:30 left to illustrate it, instead of ...killing...time!

har!