wesnwana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wesnwana
Re: 1996 summer olympics atlanta

My mom helped me to do this....I really love drawing and I think that this was a big thing for our country. I am no the best artist but I hope you will vote for me....Thank you!!!

gmc720

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmc720

Jewdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jewdave
Re: 1977: Elvis in memorium...

Looks like I win the biggest loser contest Most (non winning) Entries Submitted I want to offer appologies for my entry SPAM and will try to concentrate more on quality rather than quantity in the future. Truthfully I did not realize I was doing it until it was too late. Thanks for ya'lls patience with this newb...

-------------------------------------
40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!
-------------------------------------

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
Jewdave wrote:Looks like I win the biggest loser contest Most (non winning) Entries Submitted I want to offer appologies for my entry SPAM and will try to concentrate more on quality rather than quantity in the future. Truthfully I did not realize I was doing it until it was too late. Thanks for ya'lls patience with this newb...

hey, as long as you're having fun! I don't think anyone minds (or if very many even notice)... and I do believe you'll get the popular award from that sds site. congrats! hahaha :-D
[EDIT] oops, I guess popular is for something else... maybe most comments. At least you're not getting the reject king award, right?

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

ugomona

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ugomona
Re: 1977: 2600: A Video Game Odyssey

I love 2001: A Space Odyssey. I remember a few years ago it was playing at a local theater that showed old movies, and remember there being 20-25 nuns in the audience watching. My friend and I were surprised because of the Darwin-type- kind of message, but hey cool to see they enjoyed it! The game reminds me of many days during Christmas vacation playing the heck out of this thing! My youngest brother still has the system. He even has the old Pong monitor type thing that we played when I was a kid. Sheesh, I feel old. :o(

rgivs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rgivs

I love it!! I hope you win dude... Its awesome.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Raining wrote:Actually this is the best design of all, but prolly will not be in the top 3 which is sad.

Thanks,

At least I had fun doing it, and learned a lot about layering - finally. I've become addicted to Woot and looking at the T-shirt designs. It is
interesting to see what is popular.

kindalikeyeah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kindalikeyeah
jenny78 wrote:I thought so too. This design is just way too good to be in the fog, I guess? I have no idea why this isn't winning. It's by a popular artist, and it's an awesome design. Oh well. I haven't bought a derby shirt in a few months, might as well keep the trend going.

If you saw what was in the fog would you really want to be a part of it?

mkspence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkspence

I freaking love this shirt. I was SO excited when I saw it, I may have even squealed a little!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: 1979: SOMETHING GOES WRONG

Great idea. I love the animal silhouettes. I'd like to see the shirt more integrated. Right now it feels like two shirts. Maybe the animal silhouettes wandering about with the large glowing nuclear plant in the background.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
SailorButterfly wrote:Also wanted to point out that any text on the C64 itself will need to be removed.

Heehe... yes... make sure to erase all the letters off the keyboard. And the logos too. :-)

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
kindalikeyeah wrote:If you saw what was in the fog would you really want to be a part of it?

Woot needs to make cojones.woot.com, for all the users who don't have the orbs to post criticism on their own names. Call me crazy, but i find it hard to believe someone new to woot would make an account on a site simply to immediately troll the design boards, especially without having found anything to purchase.

enin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin

enin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: 1973

Wow... over three hundred votes. Still in place number eight, but it's wonderful to see people like your work. Thanks for your support everyone!

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: 1948 THE BIRTH OF ROCK AND ROLL, ME, AND OTHER COO

Hey - vote for my shirt!
I'm old...and broke.

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
Re: 1977: 2600: A Video Game Odyssey

skaght wrote:Well, thank you. Apparently Nintendo > Atari to most wooters. So it goes.

Sad, as the Atari 2600 is the console that started it all. Guessing more wooters are 80's babies from the derby standings. I still remember getting this on Xmas. The monkeys remind me of myself and my 3 brothers as we opened the box with wonder and awe. Great use of the T-shirt color and I really like the 2001 reference.

heatz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heatz
Re: 1980 - We didnt want the Borscht

Ok i did the 1980 pacman one, i searched and didnt find anything wrong with this one, so im hoping im ok!

lifesource

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifesource
Re: 1988, The Human Genome Project

This shirt is totally awesome. I wanna get two of these..

Jambando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jambando
bobvonboris wrote:Go to shirtderbystat.com and you will see that cho has 16 shirt designs that have placed 4-10 compared to 12 that placed 1-3.

This is a great stat against your point. Name one other designers who has 4:3 ratio of non-printed desings to printed ones.
I'm not assuming anything with this point other than to invalidate yours.

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
heatz wrote:Ok i did the 1980 pacman one, i searched and didnt find anything wrong with this one, so im hoping im ok!

Hehe no I don't think it'll get rejected, but you'll probably get an earfull about it being on white ;)

Nevertheless, cute title and clever design :D

squidboots

enin wrote:excellent design!

thank you :D

squidboots

daedalusknight wrote:Heheheh... you have to put it as one word... buckyballs... or the filter changes that second word to "orbs." :-)

*giggles*

I was wondering about that...

squidboots

thericeman wrote:I like this design, I am currently taking organic chemistry
and I like it much more than general chem.
I guess it does take a nerd to understand what an aromatic ring is.
*giggles*

I WANT MORE NERDY SHIRTS

O-chem was one of the funnest (most fun?) courses I took in undergrad. Clearly I wasn't an english major! *giggles*

Anyway, I'm glad someone else feels the o-chem love :D And, I promise to submit more geeky shirts in future derbies!

squidboots

dekonstruct wrote:This shirt deserves to win, hands down. It takes a lot of work to reach this level of geekery, and I commend you!

*salute*

Thank you! I'm humbled by your praise.

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
heatz wrote:Ok i did the 1980 pacman one, i searched and didnt find anything wrong with this one, so im hoping im ok!

You might get busted for the rings... Logo-trademarked

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: 1996 summer olympics atlanta

nice work! My daughter made a shirt design too! The Olympics that year were a big deal, nice topic.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Jambando wrote:This is a great stat against your point. Name one other designers who has 4:3 ratio of non-printed desings to printed ones.
I'm not assuming anything with this point other than to invalidate yours.

You are misunderstanding the stat. The stat wasn't a comment on total entries, only high placing entries (entries in top 10).

mnelson228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnelson228

Awesome design!

recchiap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recchiap
LeetRantipole wrote:What about it do you think makes it a bad design for a shirt? I'm not seeing that.

Well, I'm not really an expert on shirt design, I just have never really been a fan of the "pencil art" style on shirts. It looks amazing on the screen, I cannot stress that enough, but I have never seen a pencil art shirt come out that looked that great. It's the "on screen" vs "on shirt" debate HGP is dealing with right now.

I don't really have any suggestions, because I'm not very good at designing shirts, I just don't know how well this would turn out on cream. It might be a bit hard to see once it is printed.

kindalikeyeah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kindalikeyeah
recchiap wrote:Well, I'm not really an expert on shirt design, I just have never really been a fan of the "pencil art" style on shirts. It looks amazing on the screen, I cannot stress that enough, but I have never seen a pencil art shirt come out that looked that great. It's the "on screen" vs "on shirt" debate HGP is dealing with right now.

I don't really have any suggestions, because I'm not very good at designing shirts, I just don't know how well this would turn out on cream. It might be a bit hard to see once it is printed.

It is real bad when it does not look amazing on screen. I do not have an artistic bone in my body and I can easily draw this picture. When something that I can do is in first place then that means fire and brimstone from the sky, dogs and cats living together....mass hysteria.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
kindalikeyeah wrote:It is real bad when it does not look amazing on screen. I do not have an artistic bone in my body and I can easily draw this picture. When something that I can do is in first place then that means fire and brimstone from the sky, dogs and cats living together....mass hysteria.

If you can easily draw this picture, you are www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com artistic.

But please, show us an example of your work.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
jeighsohn wrote:is the light gun a copyrighted design?

something about the duck art disturbs me. too realistic maybe?

hmm. good luck.

It might be copyrighted, but the gun that the duck is holding is not the same as the actual light gun - the only real similarity is the colour. Someone posted a photo of the light gun earlier - take a look and compare. The design is quite different. =)

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

heatz

dasmonkeyboy wrote:You might get busted for the rings... Logo-trademarked

I did a lil research and to my knowledge its based on the colors as well. I could be wrong.. but oh well..

heatz

squidboots wrote:Hehe no I don't think it'll get rejected, but you'll probably get an earfull about it being on white ;)

Nevertheless, cute title and clever design :D

yeah but the colors dont match anything too well, i tried blues and it was so gaudy, i tried red, but too much emphasis on ussr/russia, (yellow on red was picked for the flag already)

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
jeighsohn wrote:something about the duck art disturbs me. too realistic maybe?

ducks killed my whole family. i am the last of my lineage.

they are pure evil. i think an innate human ability to be able to sense evil. i think thats why the duck disturbs you.

i hate em too.

except on this shirt. this shirts cool.

MostBestestBuddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MostBestestBuddy
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

The year I was born, my favorite game, done by one of my favorite designers. Congrats fable, I appreciate your artwork

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
Re: 1960 Artificial Heart research

In 1960 the first successful intracardiac prosthetic valve operations are conducted by Albert Star of Portland Oregon. This research led to the development of the first artificial heart in 1982. The patient lived 112 days....then died. He probably couldn't find an outlet. This is an actual photograph of that heart.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: 1998 - The moon

Look, I know I'm going to catch a lot of flack for daring to criticize a child's entry, but there should not be child's entries in the derby. It's the biggest black eye woot has as a contest... what legit designer would find woot, look at the derby, and consider it worth designing for if they found a shirt designed by a ten year old (which looks like it was designed by a ten year old) in the hotness? What does it say about the voters reliability if a kid's entry looks does well enough to be legitimately included over at Best Losers? What does a parent say when their ten year old kid starts getting the sort of critiques that wooters tend to give, and comes running over crying? For all the silly censors, for all the designs people insist are for babies, this is not a kids' site, and it certainly isn't a kids' design site. Which is to say nothing of the 40-something people not related to the kid who voted for it. This isn't "encourage people central." This is a shirt contest. You think you're making a kid feel good, but all you're really doing is making a strong case against your competence to be allowed to choose printable shirts.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

squidboots wrote:O-chem was one of the funnest (most fun?) courses I took in undergrad. Clearly I wasn't an english major! *giggles*

Anyway, I'm glad someone else feels the o-chem love :D And, I promise to submit more geeky shirts in future derbies!

At Michigan State we called it Orgo.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2