AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
zenwill wrote:It's RFK not JFK. JFK was killed in 1965.

He Certainly Was!

dedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dedo

What a GREAT year!!! GMV!!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
zenwill wrote:It's RFK not JFK. JFK was killed in 1965.

1963, not 1965.

specifically November 22, 1963. My mom's 19th birthday.

there's now a "ride" in Dallas where you can go down the street in a vintage car and get shot at. The world is a scary place.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
fablefire wrote:Oman, that made me sad.

You have no idea how sad it makes me too. I really want to buy the woot shirts, and support the artists who use this as an outlet, but week after week something wins that an adult couldn't possibly get away with wearing. And I refuse to be one of thise 'cutsey' adults that think they look soooooo cool and young wearing a shirt that looks like it belongs on a kid.

zenwill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenwill
SailorButterfly wrote:Clever, but Woot probably will count this as text and reject it. I'm curious, though...what are the 9 and 6 made of? I can tell the 1 and 8.

The six and nine are multiple maps of Vietnam. If they count this as text they are just plain wrong.

ladywynn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ladywynn
nyadolla wrote:what does this mean: "This week, design a shirt that somehow relates to the year you were born: through fashion, historical events, cultural trends, the Chinese zodiac, or EVEN THE NUMBER ITSELF."

I think the year number would be fine in this case!!
This made me laugh, got my vote (and hope it passes the Rejectionator!!)

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Skip-It, you know you had one.

This will probably get rejected for the text. (I know they said something about the year number in the guidelines, but they are very strict about no text). You should probably remove the year, add it to the title instead, and resub.

I loved skip-it, btw. This shirt brings back some fun memories.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

wonderstew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderstew
Re: 1982: Thriller

Clever.

Shaving.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
derekfilley wrote:Glad to see a tired old internet meme 'joke entry' is taking up a valuable space in 'the hotness'. I would be so upset if I had a design in this derby.

Even derek disapproves, and he's just so nice. I think that should tell you something. I mean, come on guys, let's not encourage the people who make a mockery of something many of us take seriously (albeit in a lighthearted way) and enjoy participating in. Fun or not, it blatantly disregards all the rules of derby entries. We don't encourage children who cheat on tests in a funny way, thus we shouldn't encourage the children here on woot.

zenwill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenwill
mia3mom wrote:1963, not 1965.

there's now a "ride" in Dallas where you can go down the street in a vintage car and get shot at. The world is a scary place.

DUH... of course you are correct. I get it confused. See, RFK was shot the night I was born, so I always think about JFK being shot the year my brother was born...1965. I'm an one that smells of Elderberries.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
anticon86 wrote:Thank you very much! I saw your support on your blog, I really appreciate it!

If you don't get it printed here, you should try Pooby5.com -- they print the "losers" they like. I'm going to have some of my shirts printed there.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: '88 Year Of The Dragon

nice work! And btw my daughter hasn't taken off the Turtle shirt for 3 days. She's been wearing mine, too. :P

I feel ripped off that no dragons were in the greed fog, so definitely gmv!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: 1863 the year we lost a great President

You were born in 1863? I think you might want to resub with a new title. :-)

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
jimiyo wrote:nice nice nice!

i love jordy in that. before his eyes went bad.

BTW... ROY G BIV... im sure you know... I guess you have no love for orange blue and indigo.

i can understand yellow red, black and white...

but magenta? MAGENTA?

i kid. beautiful unicorn. needs some guts and blood on its horn. unicorns kill. its a myth that they are really cool and friendly.

balh blah blah

Lawl... Now I want to parody this design.

SailorButterfly

fablefire wrote:Hearts - Typical pixellated hearts.
Bomb - Old school chinese bombs.
Bottle - Modeled after those little souvenir bottles of sand with the cork in them.
Fairy - Also used by Ne*pets, and countless other businesses.
Wooden Sword - Utilized in many, many video games, as well as in the homes of children (provided their parents aren't crazy about safety).
Gems - Standard cut gem.
1986 Shirt - Priceless.

For everything else there's MasterWoot.

We'll see anyway.

lol! You never cease to amuse me, Fable. I love this and will wear it with pride if it goes to print. I have some Zelda-loving friends that would probably buy some too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
mia3mom wrote:1963, not 1965.

Show me proof of such ride...

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
Re: year of the Rabbit

:O!

BUNNIES!

Got a close up?

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: 1863 the year we lost a great President

I assume you mean 1963

and nice design btw.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Headrow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Headrow
Re: 1973 - Solar eclipse of the decade

Yeah, I saw yours and said, "Oh carp! Eclipse AND Dark Side of the Moon!"

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

I like this one better.

KENPARS0NS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
ansharp wrote:Even derek disapproves, and he's just so nice. I think that should tell you something. I mean, come on guys, let's not encourage the people who make a mockery of something many of us take seriously (albeit in a lighthearted way) and enjoy participating in. Fun or not, it blatantly disregards all the rules of derby entries. We don't encourage children who cheat on tests in a funny way, thus we shouldn't encourage the children here on woot.

Not sure about that one... I do recal getting partial credit on a wrong answer once in school simply because the answer was so creative and rediculous that the teacher found it humerous! Can't remember for the life of me what that Q/A was now... Although, I see your point...

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
AttilaTheMom wrote:I assume you mean 1963

and nice design btw.

Ovulating? My Goodness!

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

SamoaJoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SamoaJoe
Re: Rickroll'd

I want to explain my motivation for this design.

I opted to print this on a white shirt, because much like Rick Astley himself, white is a clean cut color. I don't mean that to sound racist, but white is a color that good guys wear. Think of the worlds greatest villains : Saddam Hussein, Unabomber, Magneto, none of them wore white. I think that says something.

The reason I decided to have Rick leaning on his right hand is to let everyone know that he's conservative, but as you can tell from the denim shirt he's wearing, he also likes to party.

As for the stare, I want the people who view this shirt to think that Rick is staring into their souls, so that one day they may look deeper into themselves. Rick Astley wants everyone to know just how special they are, and that can only be realized by looking deep into your soul.

In short, Rick Astley is love.

I'm going to go spend my $1000 right now, I'm buying everyone Full House Season 2 on DVD !!!

VOTE FOR DEREK !!!

Nightmare on Wall Street

jonomc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonomc
fablefire wrote:Oman, that made me sad.

PAAAaaaAAaaaanCAAAAAKES! IS THIS SUM DOOD LIEK DANCIN MAN THIS AINT HALO 3

krapp11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapp11
Re: 1969- Great Moon Hoax

wow, i really hope this wins! awesome shirt!

SailorButterfly

Re: year of the dragon

I'm liking what I see so far, but it's hard to see the details. Got a bigger pic you can share with us?

daedalusknight

Headrow wrote:Yeah, I saw yours and said, "Oh carp! Eclipse AND Dark Side of the Moon!"

Heheh. Glad you like my shirt (which is not the shirt this thread is about, sorry ;-). I 've always loved that those two events happened in my birth year. Now I get to make a shirt about it. :-)

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: 1982: Thriller

This makes me laugh every time I see it ;-)

Check out my blog:Here!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
fablefire wrote:Lawl... Now I want to parody this design.

I had considered it impaling a butterfly (butterfly in the skyyyyy/I can impale you! Dieeeee!) but ultimately felt I should just keep it simple and hope the female voters liked it enough to give it some momentum.

And Fable, I give you free reign to parody the hell outta it. Seeing as how you're too young to submit it and all

SailorButterfly

Re: 1975

Nice collage. I love the look on Nixon's face. ("Ha-rumph!") hehe

zillybong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zillybong
Re: 87 Groove

Yeah...I see text. Just a bit.

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
Re: 1976: The Bicentennial Year of the Dragon

I'll be honest, that may very well be my all time favorite design I've seen on this site.

Phenomenal dude, I wish I could vote twice.

eman948

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eman948
SailorButterfly wrote:Sorry, but there's no text this week. That includes the numbers and all the writing on the can.

Hmmmm...it says "or even the number itself". Oh well....No soup for me!

palmite9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palmite9
Re: 1988, Save the Whales!

This is the coolest shirt i have ever seen...i'd buy 3!

cdncarlie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdncarlie
Re: 87 Groove

Sorry to inform you but one of the rules in this derby was "no text." It will get rejected. Better luck next time. ;-)

My shirt.woots: When Doughnuts Fly, Kawaii, Random Shirt x3 (Dino Wino, Killer Bees, Unfriendly Locals),Do the Math, Zombie Season, What Dreams are Made of, Random Shirt x3 (Ghosts!, Dramatic Jackalope, Man-Boy)

tommyt827

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommyt827
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

I wish it was on a different color shirt.

daedalusknight

fablefire wrote:Don't forget folks, Fable/Cthulhu for President 2008!

I'm with you. Why vote for the lesser of two evils? :-)

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Re: 1963 JFK ETERNAL FLAME( GREAT PRESIDENT LOST)

I can't believe I miessed up the first time..keeping my shirt.stat badge alive.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

KENPARS0NS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
SamoaJoe wrote:I'm going to go spend my $1000 right now, I'm buying everyone Full House Season 2 on DVD !!!

BRAVO! I eagerly look forward to my DVD box set! (PS: great post!)

tommyt827

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommyt827
firasion wrote:very nice! but i think i'd like it better without the swirls in the background...

I agree. I'd like this better without swirls.