May the force be with you!

KENPARS0NS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: 1976: The Bicentennial Year of the Dragon

This is AWESOME! Well Done! GMV!

godierst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godierst
Re: Rickroll'd

I'm voting and commenting entirely because reading Adder's posts is amusing.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
fablefire wrote:
Fairy - Also used by Ne*pets, and countless other businesses.

Okay... why is the name of that virtal pet site a dirty word, exactly? :-)

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman

yep.. figures someone beat me to this... Nintendo made its debut in the USA with The Legend of Zelda in March of 1986... This is much better execution than I would have done though... great job!

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

cdncarlie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdncarlie
derekfilley wrote:This makes me laugh every time I see it ;-)

I was going to say the same thing but seems like derekfilley beat me to it ;-) Great job!!

My shirt.woots: When Doughnuts Fly, Kawaii, Random Shirt x3 (Dino Wino, Killer Bees, Unfriendly Locals),Do the Math, Zombie Season, What Dreams are Made of, Random Shirt x3 (Ghosts!, Dramatic Jackalope, Man-Boy)

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: 1969- Great Moon Hoax

Thank you folks for all your support! Really means a lot to me!

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=12847]1979 - Voyager 1

One of my favorite shows is The Universe on History Channel so this one is for the space geek in me. I know there is a little space geek in you too.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: 1959: Space Monkey

The first monkey to survive a trip to space was named 'Able', lofted in 1959. Lesser known was the way he inadvertently destroyed human relations with the "Bananaliens". The problem has never been repaired.

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
Re: 1986

... and this was my other idea... I might just sit this one out . I guess that is what I get for not getting on the ball sooner this week. Good job on the design. I especially like that you have 7 stars surrounding the space shuttle which I assume stand for the 7 astronauts that were killed in the disaster. Good job

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

fablefire

quality posts: 17 Private Messages fablefire
daedalusknight wrote:Okay... why is the name of that virtal pet site a dirty word, exactly? :-)

It's dirty to me now. They went all commercial. I remember stalking the shops, hitting F5 like mad, hoping to catch bottled faeries on the refresh... or finishing faerie quests... or waiting anxiously each week to see if I was in the Ne*pian times... Eventually there were so many ads I had to leave.

tiaermen - Really? I looked all over to see exactly what version was released in 1986. Was the disc released in the U.S.? I was pretty sure the cartridge was released in 1987. ...and thanks. =D

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT

Wow, that was a full two hours in the top 6 !!!!

Did the other submissions survive?

Is anyone hurt?

Women and children first.

:-)

woot151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woot151
Re: 1982: SO CLOSE (aka 1st Rubiks World Championship)

My birthmonth, June 1982: the first Rubik's Cube World Championships. Which is kind of ironic because I cannot solve a Rubik's Cube to save my life... it's always close, but not quite right. Grawr.

patnode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patnode
Re: 1969::

funny stuff here! come on people.. a meteor falls on chihuahua??? it writes itself there!!

fablefire

The image of Rick Astley with "Rejected" splayed across his face is awesome. Someone save it and upload it with the appropriate tags, so that when I google Rick Astley, that's what I'll see.

daedalusknight

fablefire wrote:It's dirty to me now. They went all commercial. I remember stalking the shops, hitting F5 like mad, hoping to catch bottled faeries on the refresh... or finishing faerie quests... or waiting anxiously each week to see if I was in the Ne*pian times... Eventually there were so many ads I had to leave.

They did go all commercial, that's true. I use Firefox with adblock, though, so advertising really doesn't even enter my radar.

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Go Skekky McSkekerton!
Revel in the foggery!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: 1988

<3 it! GMV. Thanks for making me laugh every derby. Funny as *#$%.

araneola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages araneola
Re: 1986: The Legend Was Born

I'm glad someone mentioned this was a creme shirt, it appears to be a light pink on my monitor. Not that I would mind, being a girl that likes both video games and pink...

Great job on the design! Hope you place and don't get pulled!

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320

This design is good, but the year was 1969 and that's clearly a digital camera with the LCD on the back. Maybe you should consider resubmitting with an older looking camera

peppersabaddog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peppersabaddog
Re: Warhol just turned in his grave -1987

i hate warhol.
this however is totally awesome.
maybe because it's your own artwork, not just a copy of someone else's in horrid colors.
or maybe it's the lack of said horrid colors.
maybe it's that monroe is dead.
D. all of the above.

fablefire

daedalusknight wrote:They did go all commercial, that's true. I use Firefox with adblock, though, so advertising really doesn't even enter my radar.

GYAHHHHH... I just went there and they have a NEW, even MORE commercial layout than last time I visited.

Blah... makes me sad.

Every now and then I'll still go to the adoption agency and adopt the ugliest thing there, just to use my lab ray on it and put it back up for adoption.

daedalusknight

Re: 1970 First Earth Day (1)

Oooh... wow... those are some really fine lines on there. Will Woot be able to print that? If so, I'm going to start doing more delicately shaded shirts myself.

bonipoof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonipoof
Re: 1981

I like the concept but I wonder if I should be the one to say there is still some text in there...

And I'm not even including the ones that were gifts!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: 1982 - The first emoticon :-)

Unfortunately, symbols count as text.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

KENPARS0NS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: 1982

LOVE IT! I never would have thought of this... Great execution too!

Rcsunder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rcsunder
tiaerman wrote: I especially like that you have 7 stars surrounding the space shuttle which I assume stand for the 7 astronauts that were killed in the disaster. Good job

Yep I'm glad people get that :P
I was afraid it was too subtle.

Thanks for the comment

cdncarlie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdncarlie
Re: 1970 First Earth Day (1)

Wow, this is a stunning design but I'm afraid Woot will have a very hard time printing this, some of the lines look to be smaller than 1 pt. which Woot has said before they couldn't print. Sorry.

My shirt.woots: When Doughnuts Fly, Kawaii, Random Shirt x3 (Dino Wino, Killer Bees, Unfriendly Locals),Do the Math, Zombie Season, What Dreams are Made of, Random Shirt x3 (Ghosts!, Dramatic Jackalope, Man-Boy)

InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam
tallworm wrote:The look on the orange fishys face is priceless.

barely any nuclear material was released during three mile island...and it was all into the air.

i hate nuclear misconceptions.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

This image is also good for the years 1974-1986 as the Pink Floyd album, cassette, 8-track, and CD was on the Billboard Top-200 chart for the entirety of those years.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
peppersabaddog wrote:i hate warhol.
this however is totally awesome.
maybe because it's your own artwork, not just a copy of someone else's in horrid colors.
or maybe it's the lack of said horrid colors.
maybe it's that monroe is dead.
D. all of the above.

Not to knock Zenne's work, which is top notch as always, but in all fairness, she could have put in 1/8th of the effort and still come out on top of Mr. Warhol.

Past that I agree with everything you said. It shows that, if Warhol had a shred of creativity, a smidge of skill, and wasn't obviously totally colourblind, he might have been good enough to warrant a footnote in a legit art discussion.

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320

also, the overhead lighting appears to be directly over the background or the astronaut, yet all of the shadows are going in the same direction. I think it would look better if the camera had an old-school flash

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: 1981

this is very witty, but that "81" will almost assuredly kill it. This derby is kinda weird due to how they worded the theme, but normally all text is rejected in a textless derby.

Still, as i said, very witty. oooh-ah ooooh

kenjitr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenjitr
araneola wrote:I'm glad someone mentioned this was a creme shirt, it appears to be a light pink on my monitor. Not that I would mind, being a girl that likes both video games and pink...

This appears as a light pink on my monitor as well. Are we sure it's on cream? I voted for it but dunno if I would actually buy it if it's so rosy.

w: 17 s.w: 16 w.w: 6 so.w: 3

daedalusknight

cdncarlie wrote:Wow, this is a stunning design but I'm afraid Woot will have a very hard time printing this, some of the lines look to be smaller than 1 pt. which Woot has said before they couldn't print. Sorry.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was concerned about. Oh well.

sentnl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentnl
Re: 1988, Save the Whales!

LOVE THE COLOR SCHEME

fablefire

araneola wrote:I'm glad someone mentioned this was a creme shirt, it appears to be a light pink on my monitor. Not that I would mind, being a girl that likes both video games and pink...

Thanks, and yes this is on creme. I pulled it straight from the artist template.

Hehe... pink zelda shirt... Even I would wear a pink zelda shirt...

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
mjl9320 wrote:blah, blah, blah

That's a viewfinder and the lights are closer to the viewer than you think. I'm sure of it.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
fablefire wrote:The image of Rick Astley with "Rejected" splayed across his face is awesome. Someone save it and upload it with the appropriate tags, so that when I google Rick Astley, that's what I'll see.

It may become my instant message avatar.

daedalusknight

wootvan wrote:This image is also good for the years 1974-1986 as the Pink Floyd album, cassette, 8-track, and CD was on the Billboard Top-200 chart for the entirety of those years.

Heheh... yeah, but there wasn't a total solar eclipse in all those years. Certainly not one that lasted over seven minutes. :-)

Side note: The songs "Time" and "Us & Them" from that album also last over seven minutes. Coincidence? I think not. :-)